What's new

My new approach to mail (I think it worked!)

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
When ever they get someone new on staff someplace I usually get a letter from someone asking what I didn't like about Scn.
A good response to that question would be to write under the letter, "THIS", and staple a copy of the first page of OTIII, in Hubbard's hand-writing, to the letter.

Hubbard's writing is unmistakable, so they will know for sure that the document is genuine. You won't get any more letters after that.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
I sort of done the same thing and I know for sure I have been dead filed at my org but the letters from other places did not slow until I more or less done what you did. Still get some but a lot less. I didn't really put back a lot of entheata to them but indicated I wasn't going to do any more Scn. When ever they get someone new on staff someplace I usually get a letter from someone asking what I didn't like about Scn. I don't respond. Also get a few of the mass mailing now. I would say it has decreased 70-80% over the last 4 years and I have only been dead filed for a year at the org. I am not declared either. Still get a mass mailing from the org now and then. They must have several different mailing lists. They don't send your name uplines because they still want your name on the rolls to make it look like they have more membership than they actually do.

I really don't think they will likely declare you unless you go public with things. The possible exception might be if they precieve you are holding back a family member or friend from dong Scn. With all the bad press about disconnection they are even treading lightly here now.
The last time they sent me any mail was at the last address I gave to them. Since moving from there, I haven't received anything from them. They are obviously not that big on tracing ADUNKs (Address Unknowns) in the UK.

Edwardo

Patron with Honors
No. Just print up a copy of that antichrist OT8 and send that to them :)

The thing is that I’d already seen that issue, and it hadn’t made a difference to me.

Tory said that the key thing that got her to leave was Andreas being kind to her.

I had mentally been holding off all the attacks, because of two or three Scientogists who were apparently getting Scientology to flourish and prosper, and who knew what was going on uplines.

It was when one of those people revealed how crazy Miscavige actually was, and how fucked things actually were, that I finally saw the light.

That’s why I recommend writing kindly and the sending what you think would be the most effective articles.

Miscavige is smarter than the rest of us so I'm sure he still has places to punish in a way that doesn't draw attention.
This sir if anything is what I would have you not only focus on and pay close keen attention to it is also tellingly valid and I Gladly & eagerly petition you — as salvageable not to go Opposition — to find full contact data for you for Continental Justice Chief

I'm inspired to write a letter myself ♦ I got off of Valley Org Mailing list NO ONE HAS EVER DONE THAT

You — rather obviously — have not spent time doing a stint in C.F. ○○○ chipping paint at 3:17 AM in the bilge on the Apollo does not even compare

They just moved RPF Gulag at gold into C.F.

None have ever escaped

supremely suppressive act if they take it seriously because it'll seriously disrupt the Org.
No — the entire idea of Supressive is Clearly spoke of in KSW ♦ which if you were there you would already cite verbatim

Continental Justice Chief PAC WUS ( Pacific Area Command West US )

4833 Fountain Avenue

Los Angeles CA

Bust their nuts they are squirrels

Ali Shibaz

Fuck Scientology
Good stuff! I wish I still got mail from them so I could have an opportunity to reply. :D

Another think people can do is to send back cards from the Aftermath Foundation in their business reply envelopes. That foundation exists to help people leave Scientology, and helps those in need of it.
http://theaftermathfoundation.org/

Here's a photo of one of their cards, front and back. They've got a variety of them, all of which are great:

View attachment 14843

I really liked this post. How do you get those cards?

phenomanon

Canyon
No — the entire idea of Supressive is Clearly spoke of in KSW ♦ which if you were there you would already cite verbatim

Continental Justice Chief PAC WUS ( Pacific Area Command West US )

4833 Fountain Avenue

Los Angeles CA

Bust their nuts they are squirrels
Last time I tried to contact CJC, I was told that he was being comm ev'd , and to call back in a 'fortnight'. That was lots of years ago, BTW. I never called back.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Yep, a CF file where the person hasn't responded to, but they have to spend money and time on for 30 or 40 years, is also a statement that isn't lost on staff.
It does make an impression, when you go down to CF to do letter writing, and see that the vast majority of CF folders are from people who might have bought a book years ago and were never heard from again.

I vaguely remember a policy from LRH that prioritized WHO to write to. Auditors writing to former PCs. Course sups writing to people who actually did a course at the Org. Etc.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
It does make an impression, when you go down to CF to do letter writing, and see that the vast majority of CF folders are from people who might have bought a book years ago and were never heard from again.

I vaguely remember a policy from LRH that prioritized WHO to write to. Auditors writing to former PCs. Course sups writing to people who actually did a course at the Org. Etc.
I don't think they limit fields like that so much anymore. I get mail, calls and texts from orgs where I never did services and where I didn't provide contact info. I'm pretty sure that all contact info is now centralized in a database where any org can contact anyone. If someone moves then they can flag the nearest org to add them to their contact list - or conversely notify them that they have an SP in their field who should not be contacted.

This is probably one of the reasons they are so diligenct about skip tracing people - so they can notify their local org that someone who bought a Dianetics book in another state 45 years ago is now in their field and to notify the old org that they have moved away.

Also, as fields (and GI) collapse any org can try to poach or salvage from the list regardless of where they are. I sense a lot of desperation and frustration in their "reach" these days. The guys in the call centers are getting jaded and burned out. In the old days lost causes were assigned to the boiler room but I think now they are sent to the call center as one of their many versions of Scientology purgatory.

That is probably one of the areas where stats are defined in a way to disregard the true state of affairs. Call center people probably get stats for calls attempted, calls answered and returned calls. So if they get their calls attempted stats up but there are no answered or returned calls then they still get libs every two weeks.

Stats are supposed to compel production but in a world where it is impossible to increase actual productivity then management would be forced to ultimately jerry-rig the stats to keep people on post - or, in other words, an inversion of Hubbard's stat system into tacit resignation of failure.

If the only thing a letter reg can control is letters out and no letters are coming in then you still need to give them libs if letters out is up or they will never ever get libs...well, for the possible exception of Steven.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Call centre staff are pretty much two a penny now if you recruit worldwide. I wonder if the CofS is tempted to outsource this part of its operation to non- Scientologists in order to avoid yet another "pressure point" where its staff might start questioning whether or not the organisation is doing as well as they're being led to believe? Thery can afford the financial cost of that a lot more than they can a lot more disaffected staff realising they've been lied to and wanting to "blow" the organisation.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Call centre staff are pretty much two a penny now if you recruit worldwide. I wonder if the CofS is tempted to outsource this part of its operation to non- Scientologists in order to avoid yet another "pressure point" where its staff might start questioning whether or not the organisation is doing as well as they're being led to believe? Thery can afford the financial cost of that a lot more than they can a lot more disaffected staff realising they've been lied to and wanting to "blow" the organisation.
It's a good question. But I have a hard time imagining a non-Scientologist boiler room caller being able to conduct a cogent conversation about anything having to do with Scientology. If anything it would give the first impression that they didn't know what they were talking about and it was a scam never to be answered again.

About the only thing I think would work is if they somehow got a live person on the line to immediately switch it over to a super duper TR-3 trained phone reg or some OSA trained op with OT III clearance who was drilled on how to find out who you were so they could declare you and deadfile you.

A lot of the calls seem to be just to confirm that they have your current phone and address info. Or maybe that's just the excuse to make the call and get you talking. They must have an awful lot of addunks (address unknown).

Most calls are from the 323 area code which is probably the Continental Liaison Office or somewhere in or near Big Blue. Apparently it is extremely easy to spoof calls now and they spoof their calls from all over the US and even Canada but on the messages they leave a 323 call back number. I think I read that there is legislation being considered that would make spoofing more difficult because it has become such a huge problem, especially with cell phones and texts that use up people's usage limits. Basically my impression is that the call center is HQed in Hollywood and they are so embarrassed of their 323 area code coming up on caller ID that they really don't want to use it anymore.

Steven

My name is Chris, and I was a Scientologist
Still no $cn mail after all these weeks, although today I got my first $cn email in a long time from AOLA. I wasn’t in the mood, so I responded with “Good news!” and then the full text of OT III. I’m not sure anyone will get it.

Voodoo

Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow
If you really want to have nothing to do with Scientology, send them your resignation: https://scientologymoneyproject.com...d-harming-its-own-members-and-how-to-stop-it/

Resigning makes any Fair Game acts against you unlawful.
Very interesting...

I wrote my resignation letter in 2012 and had it published on two prominent critics' websites.

Just prior to that, I'd begun reading all of the exposes' on the church, and had determined to quit. I moved without leaving a forwarding address so that the cult couldn't send me their trash anymore.

Never thought of sending them my resignation letter. I just assumed OSA already copied and pasted it into my SP file.

Voodoo

You should expect to be coerced in every way imaginable to "volunteer" or stay on the RPF but to actually be released you'd have to convincingly tell them that you will tell the police or take legal action if they don't. But Jesse Prince said he was locked up as an EPFer and Bill Franks said he was kidnapped as ED Int so I think there are instances where they pushed the envelope beyond this regardless of who or what a person was.

If it's true they don't do the RPF anymore I'm pretty sure it's because their lawyers impressed upon them the reality that this would inevitably result in a very expensive lawsuit over kidnapping or injury. The other thing is the optics were always bad but as a strictly Sea Org thing most Scientology public had no idea it existed. Now Scientology is synonymous with the RPF so to be a Scientologist you must be on board with it or completely clueless. But I think they would continue it regardless of the bad PR in some fashion if they thought they could get away with it because exploiting people, degrading people and breaking them is inseparable from the Scientology culture.
Don't forget that Matt Pesch did just that.

From what I recall, he was being sec checked for the umpteenth time (as he and Amy Scobee were attempting to route out), when he put down the cans and told the camera that he was done, and that he and Amy were leaving, even if they shot him in the back of the head.

Dotey OT

Cyclops Duck of the North - BEWARE
Going back to the original thread, I have saved the return envelopes from the numerous mailings that I receive from the cherch now for some time. I must have over 100, going to about 20 entities, from the local cherch to overseas.

Should I mail them back?

Should I mail them back empty?

Should I send a letter?

If I sent a letter, what should it be?

Shouldn't we all be doing this?

Voodoo

I have saved the return envelopes from the numerous mailings that I receive from the cherch now for some time. I must have over 100, going to about 20 entities, from the local cherch to overseas.

Should I mail them back?

Should I mail them back empty?

Should I send a letter?

If I sent a letter, what should it be?

Shouldn't we all be doing this?
The best suggestion I've seen on the thread is to put two Aftermath Foundation cards in each return envelope, then put them in the mail.

Some staff members somewhere are going to open those envelopes and read what's on those cards. Some of them will quietly pocket one of the two cards, then route the other one (along with the original envelope) to the proper recipient in the org.

Always insert two cards, so that any staff member who opens it, has one to keep and one to 'report'. If enough people do this, the word will eventually get around to all staff that there's an organization ready and willing to help them walk away from the cult.

Last edited: