What's new

My Pain and Jett Travolta

Bee Sting

Patron with Honors
I was on staff in small Mission when I met “Maria.” It’s not her real name but to conceal her true identity, I will call her Maria.

The mission was small and I could hear much any session that took place through the beveled doors that separate the only auditing room from the rest of the org. Maria was audited by her Mother, a Class VII or so (I forget) Auditor.

Maria was diabetic from early childhood. She received many hours of auditing from her mom trying to handle her psychosomatic aberration or however they put it.

One day, I hear Maria babbling to herself and she seemed to think there was something above her head. I couldn’t see it but apparently she needed to communicate to this invisible “entity.” I would hear her give commands or acknowledgements like “sit down”, “stop it“, “ok”, “that’s it” or”very good” etc.

Being a brand new Scientologist I didn’t understand what was going on and I thought it was pretty bizarre. Then, I would observe her “flicking” things off her legs or other parts of her body and communicate in the same way to these “flicks.”

One day Maria explained to me her behavior. She said she had a “theta spider” living on top of her head and this is was to who she was communicating with when she was looking up. The “flicking” was getting rid of her “Body Thetans.” Of course, I had no idea what this was all about until much later on in Scientology.

But anyhow, I moved on and many weeks and months past and then I received news that Maria was doing well. She was doing great in auditing and was going off her insulin. Yet, a year or so past and I heard nothing until when I day I learned she”dropped her body.” I was very sad to hear the news because she believed so intently she would eventually be able to stop taking her medication.

Another year or so later, I learned more about Maria’s death. She had full blown diabetes Type-B, the most severe form there is and she stopped taking her insulin. Her mother happily reported how successful she had been before her death finally attaining some kind of whatever level. I didn’t hear much about Maria’s wins or levels through the conversation. All I could think about is how she died and I wondered why. Why Maria?

Soon after, Maria’s mother and her sister packed up their belongings and moved to Clearwater Florida. I believe they are still there today.

Years after leaving the Sea Org and Scientology for good, I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl but a few weeks into her new born life something went wrong. She had encephalitis (brain swelling) which caused a series of unstoppable grand maul seizures. The doctors had no choice but to induce her into a medical coma. This incident left her with severe and irreversible brain damage but I never learned what caused her condition.

In a conversation with husband, very much a Scientologist even being out for so many years, I learned what he and how Scientology views any one with disabilities. His words in reference to my beautiful little girl were “they put dogs to sleep.” I divorced him!

Scientology believe people with disabilities are “degraded beings” and somehow my husband blamed me for causing, yes, causing her condition. It was my fault, I caused it and I was no longer the “perfect” mother whom gave birth to his first born son. I fell from his “pedestal”, as he put it.

In years that followed, I fought tremendously with my little girl’s doctors and care takers but thanks to their passion and understanding, they gently coached me in understanding that all drugs are not bad. With their incredible patience I learned to become an advocate for my little girl. I learned about her medications, the risk and side effects but most importantly, the benefits. One of the drugs she has to take is Valium an absolute no, no in Scientology.

In the mean time my now ex-husband, sought sole custody of my son. He “Faired Gamed” me. My neighbors were talked to, my real estate agent was talked to, my employer was talked to and my very own lawyer was talked to. I changed lawyer!

In a phone conversation with my son, he TOLD me I should agree to pay child support to based on potential future earnings of $60,000 per year when at the time I was unemployed and had never made more that $30,000 per year in my entire life, my son told me this, my son!

I didn’t fight custody. I had visitation rights but whenever I called to speak with my son he was too busy or out doing something else and he would “get back to me later.” Well, later never came and later always went.

Every now and then I think of Maria. I wonder what if?

I think of her mother and I wonder why? I don’t understand!

I think of my little girl’s daddy that never thought for a second of whom or what she might become and above all I miss son. How cruel the world can be and how different perhaps things might have been if it was not for Scientology and its policies of disconnect and fair game.

When I visit my little pumpkin she always greets me with a smile. I am not sure she knows the concept of “mother” but I know I am one of the ones she loves. Sometimes, I have to share her affection with whom she greets the same (like a care taker) but that’s ok because I know she is happy in the life she lives.

She is blind but she always turns her head and coos when I am there. When I see her smile I know she loves me - unconditionally and I know that the smiles she gives belong to me.

When I heard about Jett Travolta I feel their pain and I grieve with them. I am the last person in the world who have the right to criticize and judge any another parent in their decision in the care of their child.

I am the last to have anything to say because I have fought so hard for so long and I have been all alone with the all decisions to make about my little girl. And yet, a piece of me - does!

Maria was 32 years old when she died. Maria was my sister-in-law. I miss her very much. Even though I know why, I still ask, why?

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Bee Sting,

Welcome!

Your daughter is very lucky to have you as a mother. It is truly sad what this cult does to families so thank you for sharing your story so that others can see what the product of this heartless cult is.

Your ex-husband is a mindless, spineless, asshole:angry:

TP

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow Bee Sting. That brought tears to my eyes. I can't imagine everything you've gone through. Any one of them would be very hard to take. I'm so glad that you're here. You'll find people who understand (at least the Scientology part -- the fair gaming etc.) and who care. Thanks for telling your story.

-TL

Human Again

Silver Meritorious Patron
I was on staff in small Mission when I met “Maria.” It’s not her real name but to conceal her true identity, I will call her Maria.

The mission was small and I could hear much any session that took place through the beveled doors that separate the only auditing room from the rest of the org. Maria was audited by her Mother, a Class VII or so (I forget) Auditor.

Maria was diabetic from early childhood. She received many hours of auditing from her mom trying to handle her psychosomatic aberration or however they put it.

One day, I hear Maria babbling to herself and she seemed to think there was something above her head. I couldn’t see it but apparently she needed to communicate to this invisible “entity.” I would hear her give commands or acknowledgements like “sit down”, “stop it“, “ok”, “that’s it” or”very good” etc.

Being a brand new Scientologist I didn’t understand what was going on and I thought it was pretty bizarre. Then, I would observe her “flicking” things off her legs or other parts of her body and communicate in the same way to these “flicks.”

One day Maria explained to me her behavior. She said she had a “theta spider” living on top of her head and this is was to who she was communicating with when she was looking up. The “flicking” was getting rid of her “Body Thetans.” Of course, I had no idea what this was all about until much later on in Scientology.

But anyhow, I moved on and many weeks and months past and then I received news that Maria was doing well. She was doing great in auditing and was going off her insulin. Yet, a year or so past and I heard nothing until when I day I learned she”dropped her body.” I was very sad to hear the news because she believed so intently she would eventually be able to stop taking her medication.

Another year or so later, I learned more about Maria’s death. She had full blown diabetes Type-B, the most severe form there is and she stopped taking her insulin. Her mother happily reported how successful she had been before her death finally attaining some kind of whatever level. I didn’t hear much about Maria’s wins or levels through the conversation. All I could think about is how she died and I wondered why. Why Maria?

Soon after, Maria’s mother and her sister packed up their belongings and moved to Clearwater Florida. I believe they are still there today.

Years after leaving the Sea Org and Scientology for good, I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl but a few weeks into her new born life something went wrong. She had encephalitis (brain swelling) which caused a series of unstoppable grand maul seizures. The doctors had no choice but to induce her into a medical coma. This incident left her with severe and irreversible brain damage but I never learned what caused her condition.

In a conversation with husband, very much a Scientologist even being out for so many years, I learned what he and how Scientology views any one with disabilities. His words in reference to my beautiful little girl were “they put dogs to sleep.” I divorced him!

Scientology believe people with disabilities are “degraded beings” and somehow my husband blamed me for causing, yes, causing her condition. It was my fault, I caused it and I was no longer the “perfect” mother whom gave birth to his first born son. I fell from his “pedestal”, as he put it.

In years that followed, I fought tremendously with my little girl’s doctors and care takers but thanks to their passion and understanding, they gently coached me in understanding that all drugs are not bad. With their incredible patience I learned to become an advocate for my little girl. I learned about her medications, the risk and side effects but most importantly, the benefits. One of the drugs she has to take is Valium an absolute no, no in Scientology.

In the mean time my now ex-husband, sought sole custody of my son. He “Faired Gamed” me. My neighbors were talked to, my real estate agent was talked to, my employer was talked to and my very own lawyer was talked to. I changed lawyer!

In a phone conversation with my son, he TOLD me I should agree to pay child support to based on potential future earnings of $60,000 per year when at the time I was unemployed and had never made more that $30,000 per year in my entire life, my son told me this, my son!

I didn’t fight custody. I had visitation rights but whenever I called to speak with my son he was too busy or out doing something else and he would “get back to me later.” Well, later never came and later always went.

Every now and then I think of Maria. I wonder what if?

I think of her mother and I wonder why? I don’t understand!

I think of my little girl’s daddy that never thought for a second of whom or what she might become and above all I miss son. How cruel the world can be and how different perhaps things might have been if it was not for Scientology and its policies of disconnect and fair game.

When I visit my little pumpkin she always greets me with a smile. I am not sure she knows the concept of “mother” but I know I am one of the ones she loves. Sometimes, I have to share her affection with whom she greets the same (like a care taker) but that’s ok because I know she is happy in the life she lives.

She is blind but she always turns her head and coos when I am there. When I see her smile I know she loves me - unconditionally and I know that the smiles she gives belong to me.

When I heard about Jett Travolta I feel their pain and I grieve with them. I am the last person in the world who have the right to criticize and judge any another parent in their decision in the care of their child.

I am the last to have anything to say because I have fought so hard for so long and I have been all alone with the all decisions to make about my little girl. And yet, a piece of me - does!

Maria was 32 years old when she died. Maria was my sister-in-law. I miss her very much. Even though I know why, I still ask, why?

:ohmy: THIS is the worst of Scientology. Hubbard only valued what he could use, what could be turned into hours of work on his behalf or money in his pocket. And these values have been encoded into the majority of Scientologists through their training, auditing and being in the org space. It takes decent human beings (as I expect your husband was before) and divorces them from their connetion to humanity. In trying to decrease their weaknesses they lose the best of themselves

I am sorry you have had to deal with this.

klidov

Silver Meritorious Patron
Bee Sting, your story is heartbreaking.

Your little girl is lucky to have a Mom like you.

Hang tough, maybe someday this wrong can be made right.

Good twin

Floater
Oh My Gosh. :bigcry: Ouch :bigcry: Bless you Bee Sting. You are so brave. I am just...speechless. Bless you and your little girl... and Maria ...bless you too.

Wisened One

Crusader
:omg: :console: :bigcry: WOW, you are one strong person, you know that? And I second Telapathetic's statement about your ex! :storm:

Bee Stiing: Your little girl is indeed VERY lucky to have such a kind, caring and intelligent mother! :hug:

I applaud you for seeing through Scientology, your ex, your situation.

I applaud you!

:clap:

:hug:

Michelle

Daisy

Patron with Honors
Dear Bee Sting,

I am truly sorry that I cannot express properly how I feel.

My love and blessings to you and your beautiful daughter.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Hi Bee Sting,

We are the parents of a severely handicapped son and have had our trials and tribulations.

Sorry to hear about what you have been going through - I do not understand why you post anonymously about all this. Scientology and its scum sucking view of the handicapped needs to be exposed.

Bee Sting

Patron with Honors
Wow Bee Sting. That brought tears to my eyes. I can't imagine everything you've gone through. Any one of them would be very hard to take. I'm so glad that you're here. You'll find people who understand (at least the Scientology part -- the fair gaming etc.) and who care. Thanks for telling your story.

-TL

Thank you Tiger Lily! I am so glad to meet you here. I do feel the warm welcome. Now, Tiger Lily is a beutiful flower right? I'm a Bee so it sounds like a beautiful friendship ... lol!:happydance:

Bee Sting

Patron with Honors
Hi Bee Sting,

We are the parents of a severely handicapped son and have had our trials and tribulations.

Sorry to hear about what you have been going through - I do not understand why you post anonymously about all this. Scientology and its scum sucking view of the handicapped needs to be exposed.

GOD BLESS YOU! And your beautiful son! Cheers! Kudos and lotsa Bee love.

Your are good parents and good people just for loving your son. So many parents give up on their children. It's not always easy. I struggle with so many decision I have to make on my daughter's behalf. But, I wouldn't want to change anything for the world. Well, except I wish her life would be easier for her. I can understand what you are going through yourselves.

I thought granting beingness included love, understanding and affection, reality (ARC) Well, I'm a wog now so I can have as many MU's as I want. (Scio sting-sting)

It's amazing the how quacky the tech is. On one hand we are thetans made of energy, we need auditing because as thetans we are screwed up energy, then we need more auditing so we can stop being PTS to our own bodies and rid us of BT's that never leave, multiply (and cluster) as we move up onto the bridge, then we need more auditing because these nasty little critters act like never ending flees (sigh!) Flees? Oops!

So, no matter which way we look at it, we are either messed up as thetans without the body and we are just as messed because we HAVE a body. And when the tech can't fix the body (or thetans) because Ron couldn't admit he didn't really have much of a fix for anything, it was easier to write off these poor souls as DB's or PTS type III's. Talk about non-confront!

Nobody in the world can convince me that there isn't a little person in that body. And what is wrong loving and caring and helping those that are different than ourselves?

Besides, she is my child and will not abandon her or discard her because she has disabilities. I don't know how to stop loving her. I don't know how to do that so I guess, I really did fail to be a good little Scientologist.

The beauty of being a WOG is that we can live in present time no different than anyone else, touch it, feel it. I like these moments.

Amazing, Cruise in his now infamous video, "we are the authority...", in an accident "we are ONLY ones that can do something about it." So, what's the answer if the accident leave the person disabled... another Degraded Being that "pulled it in?" (Cruise STING!)

Sorry, I can be such an angry (charged) little Bee and I aplogize sounding so harsh. Thank you for listening!

Good twin

Floater
Bee Sting, I have a feeling you are just getting started. Feel free to let 'er rip. You can fire those zingers as much as you like here!:thumbsup:

Bee Sting

Patron with Honors
:D Thanks, Good Twin!

Maybe I will! How come there's no Bee smiley? I need a Bee smiley, you know the kind with big bug buggy eyes?
:coolwink:

airhead

Patron with Honors
:ohmy: THIS is the worst of Scientology. Hubbard only valued what he could use, what could be turned into hours of work on his behalf or money in his pocket. And these values have been encoded into the majority of Scientologists through their training, auditing and being in the org space. It takes decent human beings (as I expect your husband was before) and divorces them from their connetion to humanity. In trying to decrease their weaknesses they lose the best of themselves

I am sorry you have had to deal with this.

Actually, I have to disagree with this.

Scientology doesn't necessarily CREATE inhumane, uncaring people. There are a lot of totally inhuman people in this world, and I really don't think that Scientoloogy changes this aspect of people (although I am willing to be proven wrong).

I grew up in Scn and was in the SO for a loooooong time. Yes, it warped me, but it NEVER removed my humanity -- and I knew a LOT of truly human and caring people, both in Scn and out of Scn.

Humanity is either in you or it isn't, and some people are just BORN ass holes or are SEVERELY warped during their formative years.

airhead

Patron with Honors
Sorry to hi-jack your thread, Bee Sting!

Well done on sticking by your daughter!! (And phooey on your scuzzy ex-husband.)