What's new

My real story. Anonymous no more?

Okay...first to get practical... Sweetness' handy hints for girlfriends going through puberty:

(Sorry to hear that your work has been challenging lately, consider this a virtual slumber party!) :biggrin: :pillowfight:

I'm still searching for a comfortable bra after all these years like it was the holy grail...sigh! Maybe we need a woman engineer to design one! :thumbsup:

This information is shared for the benefit of everyone who may find it useful! (Some single Dads out there may need to instruct their daughters some day!) :p

Denise, when I was about your age hormonally :)biggrin:) my older female cousin who was a mentor to me in many ways taught me how to put on my bra...and I've done it that way ever since:

1. Hold it in front of you, put it right side up and right side out, then carefully without twisting it, wrap it around your waist and turn it around so that the hooks and clasp are in front of you.

2. Hook the bra closed, and spin it around so that the cups are facing forward, below your breasts.

3. Slide first one arm and then the other into the armholes. Then lift the bra up into position and with your hands snuggle first one breast it into the cup, then the other.

4. Adjust the straps to be centered on your shoulders and pull the sides or back down a bit if needed.

To remove, you just reverse the steps, take first one arm then the other out of the straps, ease the cups off and down from your breasts, slide the bra down to your waist, spin it around so that the back is in front and the hooks are in front of you, unhook, and FREEDOM! :happydance:

You're right to measure your chest size under your breasts to get the correct sized bra. The cup size is found by measuring around your body where your breasts are at their fullest. Every two inches beyond your chest measurement is one cup size... (You probably know this, Denise, but many women do not have your benefit of professional advice on these matters). A lot of women are not wearing the correct size bras...:no:

And about wearing a push up bra or tightening the bra straps for "lift" or elevation...for a woman your age, breasts should not be pushed up too high, it looks unnatural and fake. Stand in front of a mirror and let your arms hang normally down at your sides. Then bend your forearms up 90 degrees from the ground, palms up as if you were lifting a weight. Note the level on your body where your elbows bend. Your breasts should be at about the bend in your elbow's height on your chest, maybe a little higher if you are an ectomorph (tall and skinny person with long arms and legs), maybe a little lower if they are very full and heavy breasts. So adjust your bra straps accordingly, to give you lift, but not too much for your height and frame. :) Also, if you are broad shouldered, don't choose a bra which squishes your breasts together in the middle, as they naturally will be a bit further apart on your chest than on someone with a smaller frame. Choose a bra with more fabric in the middle which will allow them to be in a more natural position for you. :)

All this advice comes courtesy of my life drawing and anatomy studies as an artist! :thumbsup: Thanks to my teachers! :)

A make-up hint: Pancake makeup or foundation tends to settle in small lines no matter what you do, and topping it with even sheer powder gives you a mask like appearance, no matter how skillfully applied...I like to do this, mix half and half or one to two thirds good face lotion or your favorite sunscreen and foundation in the palm of one hand, and mix it together with your finger. This gives a more translucent, natural look... Apply your makeup with your hands, never a sponge or other tool. Pretend you are finger painting your face...you get better coverage by patting and spreading with your fingers than with tools. This is true for eye makeup as well, never leave a hard line of makeup anywhere on your face...soften even eye liner or lip pencil...blot your eye makeup a bit with clean dry fingers after you apply it, (just gently pat with your fingertips) for a more natural and a younger, fresher look.

When choosing a foundation, never match it to your face...match it to the inside of your lower arm about four inches above the inside of your wrist, and to your neck, for best results. If you find you are in-between two different shades of face makeup...buy both and mix them together to get a better match. Customize it! Keep in mind that most of us are lighter and darker with the seasons...so most who wear face makeup have two different ones, one for summer and one for winter.

Some sunscreens which have zinc in them will give a a bit of a glow...and even out your facial skin tone...sometimes I just mix this with lotion as wear that as my "makeup". I get consistent compliments when I do this.

For God's sake woman, wear sunscreen every day!!! Put it on the tops of your ears and the backs of your hands, and on your neck, too, not just your face.

Advice about the ear piercing...think in advance about how many earrings you wish to wear in each ear (only one? two or three?) and have them locate the holes accordingly. You don't have to do all the piercings at one (I wouldn't) but you have to think about the placement ahead of time... They will mark a dot on your ear and then let you see it in the mirror before piercing, so think this through and decide ahead of time, or the placement may make it difficult to add more holes later...

The "gun" which they use shoots a post through your ear and puts a back on it in one smooth movement, but it is loud! I jumped the first time, which made it misplaced, and they had to take it out and try again...:no: Fortunately, that first hole healed up and is invisible...Nobody warned me that it would make a very loud noise right in my ear! Once I knew, I was ready and didn't jump the next time... Take your daughter or a friend along and hold their hands, it will help you to not move. DO NOT USE rubbing alcohol to clean your new earrings or to clean out the holes or your earlobes, even if they tell you to...it will heal faster amd hurt less if you use hydrogen peroxide, straight out of the bottle. Once you can take your earrings out, you can let them soak a bit in the peroxide, it will bubble and disinfect them before you put them back in. This way your ears will heal very quickly and the holes won't close up.

For your first pair of earrings, (that they load into the gun and shoot into your earlobe) choose something small and smooth with a low profile, as you will have to sleep in them for the first couple of days...don't choose a pointy star like I did, Ouch! :no:

I think the name Denise is lovely. I have never known a Denise I didn't like. :) I have a black friend Denise who is called Neecee, so you have to consider all possible nicknames, too. Dee, or Dee Dee, etc. The main thing is to choose a name which suits your personality and which YOU like...the rest of us will adapt to it! :yes:

Lara is more mysterious, especially when pronounced Laura but spelled Lara. I think you might chose a middle name which honors some woman that you love, a family name or a hero for you, something which makes you feel strong and proud. :clap:

You are already a beautiful woman...from the inside out! Just keep thinking of the butterfly emerging from the cocoon as you are making this transition, stage by stage! Pretty soon you will be fully yourself and able to fly! :happydance:

A thought about wigs...from stage experience with many different ones...:p
I recommend that you start out with a fairly short and curly style, not real short, and not tight curls ... the kind you can just run your fingers through to arrange, and it will look nice. Gentle curls and waves all over, no part. This kind of wig feels more like wearing a cap, and will be easier to get used to than wearing a longer one...or one you have to constantly comb, brush and style...pin up, etc. Graduate on to those after you are more comfortable wearing and manipulating one. Ash blond with highlights or medium auburn looks good on nearly everyone, and is dignified...You can graduate to jet black, platinum blond, blue and pink, etc...after you are fully transformed. Make sure that the wig size is large enough for your head for comfort, otherwise it will be too hot and may give you a headache. Many have bands inside you can partially snip through to adjust the fit to your head...Think about also just wearing a head scarf or hat at times, and no wig. You can do some wonderfully beautiful things with scarves! Some come with bangs or weaves, like a pony tail, attached :)

I understand the current need to say goodbye to the persona you used to portray, and all the trappings that you created to pretend to be him, and to put that chapter of your life behind you. I think in the future, after you have fully made the transition and are comfortable with it, you might find that you are able to look back on him as a character or a part that you played with some fondness. One of my tranny (no disrespect meant, this is what my friends call themselves) friends has her pre transition photo prominently displayed in her home...and likes to tell stories about his life...she always refers to him as if he were someone else, from the past who is gone now...which is true! Kind of like you would talk about a cousin who is gone now. I think it's healthy. :)

She is a GREAT source of dating advice to all her girlfriends, as she is able to understand the male perspective on many things, although she does not hold it herself, and tries to help interpret male behavior! :biggrin:

I think Denise, people are concerned about losing some of your great comments and information that you shared in the past. I'm sure you will find a way to re-frame all that so that it feels more congruent for you now, but the information is still available to those who will benefit from it. You're a creative person...Which ever way you decide to handle it is okay with me.

People just don't like to think of the part of you that they have come to know and love, respect and admire as "disappearing". I understand that it feels like a relief to you to shed this former skin or protective clothing, as it were. You, and all your knowledge and caring, will still be here in the world, and I trust that you will be somewhat available to us in the future, even if you need to take a bit of a break from activism for awhile. You take whatever time you need to focus on making these changes, and working with your team of helpers. We will always be here for you and are cheering you on! :thumbsup:

Add some fresh basil to your meals each day, or make tea out of dried basil...it's a natural mood elevator and will help to even out the hormonal mood swings, etc. :)

You would be welcome in my church anytime...however you chose to dress. :yes:

Peace of Mind will be worth all the effort. Big hugs to you, my dear! :happydance:

Last edited:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Caliwog and Kooka beat me to it with the words I wanted to say.
People love and respect your words because they come from the heart and it's not something you can hide. I don't think the 'identity' of the words matter on the net so much, because whoever you are identified as, the love behind the words remain.
Yes, it should be common, but it isn't. It takes courage to expose vulnerability and there are some marvellous posters here who have done so, but it is still only a small percentage that stand out and gain respect and love as has happened to you. That's why you're just going to have to live with it babe.

Things will also change with time, when Larry's postings and documents can be filed one place for needed access and you are truly free to be you. I'll help with that if I can.

I appreciate your explanations, it helps to understand the challenges you face but also is a guide for all of us who have the private challenges of ill health, loss and so on that are not visible to most.

529175_422623461097682_231409986885698_1745910_802362054_n.jpg

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
That is a fair and good question Freethinker.

Thank you for asking it.

Brace yourself for one of my long winded posts to try to make a point.

For years I have tried so hard to put into writing or otherwise put on the internet everything I could think to say that I thought might have been pretty important or helpful. For a couple years there I did not think I was going to live much longer so I scrambled to get up as much as I could think of that was important before I died.

In the past year or so one of my doctors and my therapist have been concerned about just how much of my life is spent on scientology, given health issues, surgeries and other points of drama in my life.

It gets overwhelming for many of us I am sure as so many people could use some help and there is only so much each of us can do to help even though we want to help.

Truth be told there have been times where I thought I would quit just so I had time to try to enjoy life and try to find a few years as myself and to enjoy my family. I think many of us go through this while trying to work out how to have some balance in our lives.

It was just a few months ago when I decided it might be the time to stop posting.

And within two days of that decision I got contacted for an interview, over 150 pages of legal pleadings I was asked to read and comment on, calls from people who were high up in the scientology game that I never heard from before or not for years and they wanted to talk or wanted help. One or two of them were on potentially huge matters that could open up more fronts in this fight to get the truth out and stop abuses.

I also in those two days right after I decided to quit got a way higher than normal ammont of requests from others to chat (via lengthy emails or phone or skype), to read their postings or blogs and comment, you name it. I realized that it was too early to stop.

But then there is the matter of my transition. And with regard to this let me take you into the mind of a transexual woman who is still transitioning. (At least this transexual woman).

This transition is unbelievably important to me. And I just have to give up trying to be "Larry Brennan" as I feel it is draining me spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically.

Every time someone calls me "Larry" it is painful even though I know it is almost always from a loving person meaning no harm. Every time someone says what a wonderful "man" or "guy" I am it feels like a knife in me. Sometimes I try to smile and other times I feel like I cannot go on with this. (Isn't estradiol fun? lol).

None of you are doing anything wrong here, the problem is in me, something I am trying hard to resolve.

On a related matter and as impacted by my transition, here is something else that bothers me about being "Larry Brennan". I am so very, very honored and moved by all the love I get on every forum I am on and in so many other places. Many times I just don't understand why I get postings like are on this thread telling me how "special" I am. OMG HUNDREDS of us in this fight love each other and are wonderful people, THOUSANDS I think actually. I am zero more special than any of us and I never wanted to try to be some "internet celeb" as some others have called me.

I simply wanted to spread love to all possible people and sides in this fight and help in the good fight. That is all.

Even wonderful mods who knew I was a transgendered woman and would soon "come out" told me how "beloved" I was on their forums and how they would circle the wagons to protect and support me when the time came. I always begged them not to do so. I wanted to be treated like anyone else who themselves should also be so "beloved".

Want to know what my most fun postings were in the last couple of months? They were on divided by zero where I posted anonymously as "Just Me" and I'm guessing most thought of me as just some woman posting as I felt free to just post like me and not worry about sounding like some guy or like "Larry Brennan".

I got to share musical interests, argue and get all "nattery" (lol "nattery") with mods, you name it. When a lovely, lovely person there discovered "Just Me" was "Larry Brennan", she apologized that she had ever questioned one of two of my posts. And I said that is exactly what I did not want to hear.

I loved it that I was questioned, I loved it when people did not feel like my word was the word of God and I loved it when I could be thought of just be like anyone else. I also did not have to be careful in how I said things so as to try to "sound like a guy", like I have had to try to do all my life.

On top of all this, it REALLY is about time to move quickly to the next big step in my transition, to be just me and not "Larry Brennan".

At work at the post office I'm constantly called "Larry" even by wonderful friends who know of my transition and are excited by it and who love me. But every time I hear it, it's like another one of those knife stabs.

At work I like to wear a little nail polish and lots of rings which seemed sort of safe but because I slowed at "half transitioning" I'm starting to look a bit like a "man with boobs" just like my therapist had warned would happen when you stay "half way" too long and are on these hormones.

I look at customers at my service window all the time in my peripheral vision when I have to look down at the computer to give them a price or shipping option. And when doing so I'm starting to see now so many lovely, friendly people quickly glance down at my chest with a puzzled look on their faces probably wondering WTF is "his" story???

Lots of ladies complement me on my rings or even nail polish as I do theirs and probably think I am some "cool gay guy". And while I could care less if anyone thought I was gay, even that would not answer "wtf is that on 'his' chest"?

My point in this painfully long posting (which I am almost sure I will be regretting I posted on here BIG TIME in the morning) is that it is time where I really must take the next step to fully putting "Larry Brennan" behind me and finish this transition.

It's actually past time to get the wig I've wanted (while trying not to look like Ma Fricket), the pierced ears I have wanted since I was like a teenager, put on a little of that makeup that has been on my dresser for the last year and a half unused (my God you have to be a Rembrant with this stuff!!!!), change my name and nametag to "Denise" and just close my eyes and leap into the unknown of being "just me".

Hey at least people won't have to wonder who is that weird guy with boobs? Even being that "weird transexual" is a better than that. Maybe a few, even just a couple, somewhere, some place will just say "who is that woman"? And even if they don't, I will be being me and no matter what the high drama from others, I can still find some inner peace in being me, just me, Denise.

I will never again make a posting like this on line, ever. But Freethinker I guess I just wanted you and others to know that it's not that I don't care. I've made many big steps in my transition and I can't be just a "half me" anymore. I really, really need to be just me.

I promise, like so many of you, I will NOT give up this fight for truth and to try my best to help others during and after the rest of my transition.

I just need a little time to try to figure out HOW to keep all the "Larry Brennan" stuff up somewhere and still not feel what I feel every time someone calls me "Larry" or a good "guy" or anything that is not what I know I am with every fiber of my being.

Maybe just give me a month or two. I'm still in the game and am so glad you are too:)

Wow. I was just about to delete this whole post but decided to keep it as, if nothing else, it might help raise awareness of transgender issues and maybe help others be more understanding of other transgendered women and men.

I'm not saying this about or for me but want to know how you could save a person from great anguish in life or even suicide when you see a transgendered woman with a five o'clock shadow or "obviously not passing" doing that walk? ("That walk" is when they walk like they have blinders on, looking straight ahead as they no longer can bear seeing the looks of "wtf" everywhere). Just walk by and say "good morning mamm". You might have just saved a life:)

Again, I can't thank you again for sharing much of what you're going through. Yes, most people are not transitioning the way you are---but as you say, every person counts! We're ALL transitioning in one way or another....and to the degree people see you're living through it, they get strength to think "Maybe *I* can, Too", in their own ways. I KNOW this is true---as people have written things just like that to me, for many years now.

Each supportive person IS life saving---and I've thanked ALL for many years, for the same reason. There's a great book: "The Power of One". If you haven't read it, please do. For those who won't read it (and it's free in the library)--it truly shows how ONE person can literally change another person's life...so Denise, your last sentence is SO true. :happydance:

Re your old name ....I can just share with you this:
I used to teach 1 and 1/2 year olds-3 year olds. One of the kids there
was "Eric Solari". He arrived one day, and 2 years old, to announce:
"I'm no longer "Eric"..my name is Vincent.

That was a HUGE leap for all of us! A 2 year old we're supposed to call
"Vincent"? But this kid was dead/alive serious about it. So we did..and we
stumbled, and my guess is each time we goofed and called him "Eric" it had
a similar effect as the knife you speak of. You could see it in his look. (2
year olds tell is like it is. He'd always proudly correct us: "It's VINCENT".
I mention it as it took us 2 years to TOTALLY stop even thinking of him
as "Eric". (Now I had to literally think: "What was his old name?" :yes: )

Granted, you've had the other identity a bit longer than Eric had---but I mention it, Denise, to just acknowledge (as I'm sure you have) the unquestionable fact that YOU know who you are...and that is what *really* counts.
All around you will try----and eventually they'll get it, for real, where that other identity will be historical only. Meantime, I'm sooooooooooo proud of you!

Lastly....I don't think that last change *is* coming----it Came. You ARE
Denise, baby doll. :hug: :woohoo:
The rest shall come, and yes, we'll all get to know
you more and more, and as you share your life,
you ARE helping others make the changes they need and
want to make for themselves, too.

Once more :thankyou: And :heartflower::arose:

Your friend, and sister :rose:

Tory/Magoo

Lovinglife625

Patron with Honors
Tory, Helena, Sweetness, Free to shine. Kockaburra, Caliwog. The Fixer, Claire, Opter, Dulloldfart, Freethinker and anyone else I may have failed to acknowlege in this thread and anyone else reading this, I say one more time, THANK YOU!! And, I love you!!!

Wow I remember when I first started posting how lonely it felt as it seemed so few of us posted and scientology felt like they could hold all us down and continue with their lies and abuses indefinitely.

I KNEW you all would be here when I told Miscavige and his goon attorney to fuck off with their threats, and that many of us would stand up to them.

Well you did and I am so completely proud to have been associated with you and am honored to be considered your friend.

So many have found their voices and this makes my heart soar.

Wow, this is my last post as Larry Brennan. It's been a hell of a ride! And it's time for me to go and become stronger.

I just want to play these one more time:

To David Miscavige and organized scientology:

First you were trolled and you were warned:

[video=youtube;JCbKv9yiLiQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCbKv9yiLiQ&feature=related[/video]

Then we banded together, rose up and we found our voices:

[video]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8_F5r_SXbAk[/video]

You lost and you don't even realize it yet.

You can no longer stop the truth.

In parting, let me join with the rest of the beautiful people here and elsewhere in saying "FUCK OSA".

Checkmate Miscavige!!

And, thank you for playing the game.

To all of the rest of you, I just have no more words to say beyond the fact that I truly and completely and from the bottom of my heart love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

w/<3
Larry Brennan

Last edited:

Terril park

Sponsor
Tory, Helena, Sweetness, Free to shine. Kockaburra, Caliwog. The Fixer, Claire, Opter, Dulloldfart, Freethinker and anyone else I may have failed to acknowlege in this thread and anyone else reading this, I say one more time, THANK YOU!! And, I love you!!!

Wow I remember when I first started posting how lonely it felt as it seemed so few of us posted and scientology felt like they could hold all us down and continue with their lies and abuses indefinitely.

I KNEW you all would be here when I told Miscavige and his goon attorney to fuck off with their threats, and that many of us would stand up to them.

Well you did and I am so completely proud to have been associated with you and am honored to be considered your friend.

So many have found their voices and this makes my heart soar.

Wow, this is my last post as Larry Brennan. It's been a hell of a ride! And it's time for me to go and become stronger.

I just want to play these one more time:

To David Miscavige and organized scientology:

First you were trolled and you were warned:

[video=youtube;JCbKv9yiLiQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCbKv9yiLiQ&feature=related[/video]

Then we banded together, rose up and we found our voices:

[video]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8_F5r_SXbAk[/video]

You lost and you don't even realize it yet.

You can no longer stop the truth.

In parting, let me join with the rest of the beautiful people here and elsewhere in saying "FUCK OSA".

Checkmate Miscavige!!

And, thank you for playing the game.

To all of the rest of you, I just have no more words to say beyond the fact that I truly and completely and from the bottom of my heart love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

w/<3
Larry Brennan

We are priveledged to know you under any name, any flag of convenience, any gender any whatever.

And you stress the love :)

You know you got it back in spades and over continents.

I'd love to come to one of your girl parties. I'm a guy and love girls.
Alas am in the UK.

Beyond and aside from this you have made a big contribution. The smartest people there including lawyers spent years on ARS trying to decipher the religious cloaking and failed.

You set the world straight.

Off the top of my head I can't recall anyone who has posted more important information.

Heroine.

Boomima

Patron with Honors
Congratulations on your new life, Denise. The good that Denise Brennan (you've always been Denise, right?) has done will stand, regardless of what sort of activism (if any) you decide to do going forward. Even coming forward with your story makes you a heroine because each transgendered person who tells their story makes it a little bit easier for the next person to make the leap.

It sounds as if you have plenty of friends holding the net, should you need it.

(Which you won't need because transitioning to a woman is really moving on up!):giggle:

This was not too long, nor boring at all. I only wish that Kate had been able to receive just some of the support you are receiving. I will soon be with you, closer geographically, and we can do some "girls' days out shopping"....
In Boston --- or even an outlet, what could be better!!!!
BFF
nancy:happydance::clap:

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
Denise, your Doubt, Liability, and Non-Existance Formulas are now complete. You are now upgraded to Danger. :biggrin:

Continue bypassing hormones, and create a firm policy that will prevent the dangerous situation from happening again. :rose:

Helena

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Not sure why............but I can't click "like" or "Thank you" buttons, tonight.

So Denise....just know those are comin your way. :yes:

Nancy, there are quite a few early warriors who never got the incredible support that
many later people have been able to receive, thanks to the Net and ALL
who help in this. I agree, it's too bad for many that they didn't...but we can
always remember *they* started building the very road most of us walk on, and give
thanks for that. It's not the same...but I think it's important to remember them always. :rose:

Love to all :bighug:

Tory/Magoo

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
As far as I know, the whole ma'am thing pisses most women off. The older women think a person is calling them old by using that word - and take great offense, want to kick some ass . . . Fried Green Tomatoes - the parking lot scene . . . Towanda !

I think women prefer to be referred to as Miss, or Ms - even Lady . . . I avoid all those, and just say, Hey, and/or excuse me . . .

Seeing/meeting a transgender, can't one just say "Hi"? Or - Excuse me, Miss/Ms . . . ????

Denise - :bighug: In my book, you are a Lady . . .

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
As far as I know, the whole ma'am thing pisses most women off. The older women think a person is calling them old by using that word - and take great offense, want to kick some ass . . . Fried Green Tomatoes - the parking lot scene . . . Towanda !

Yes! Towanda!!!! :thumbsup::happydance:

I think women prefer to be referred to as Miss, or Ms - even Lady . . . I avoid all those, and just say, Hey, and/or excuse me . . .

Seeing/meeting a transgender, can't one just say "Hi"? Or - Excuse me, Miss/Ms . . . ????

Denise - :bighug: In my book, you are a Lady . . .

I find as I "age"...:omg: I'm more and more appreciative of
young people being kind and using manners, no matter what they say.
Here in LA____it's SO rare, when a younger person holds the door for you,
or says, "Thank you, Ma'am"---whatever word they use, it's generally appreciated by most of we "Senior Citizens".

I do remember a phase of going through disliking the word "ma'am" thing....I think it happens somewhere between middle age, and finally hitting "Senior"....which as you well know,
Somewhere in there---a bunch of :bs: falls off, that included! ((My favorite re "ladies" was being on an elevator w/ a bunch of younger LA Kids. They were all saying "Fuck this, fuck that". One said: "Hey guys--cool down, there's a lady on here", and nodded at me. I said, grinning: "Hey Fuck you too!" They ALL Burst out laughing and some clapped, and said "Far out!~" :hifive:
(Being able to say the F** word is greatly respected here by many younger peeps): Weird, and true.

Most of us found a HUGE amount of humor and gratitude that had been overshadowed by those kinds of concerns. As much as peeps pitch "getting
older" is all bad...there are some truly wonderful parts to it.

(((Hugs))) to you and ALL :hug:

Tory/Magoo
PS: Due to all you're going through, Denise, you've got a while to go before you hit any of this. However, as I said earlier, a very sweet thing is that
you shall keep the great wisdom you have earned--so that should help with many life things, a bunch.

Last edited:

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Yes! Towanda!!!! :thumbsup::happydance:

Somewhere in there---a bunch of :bs: falls off, that included! ((My favorite re "ladies" was being on an elevator w/ a bunch of younger LA Kids. They were all saying "Fuck this, fuck that". One said: "Hey guys--cool down, there's a lady on here", and nodded at me. I said, grinning: "Hey Fuck you too!" They ALL Burst out laughing and some clapped, and said "Far out!~" :hifive:
(Being able to say the F** word is greatly respected here by many younger peeps): Weird, and true.

[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Hahahaha, you got a wicked sense of humour Tory. Great stuff!

SpecialFrog

Silver Meritorious Patron
A thought about wigs...from stage experience with many different ones...:p
I recommend that you start out with a fairly short and curly style, not real short, and not tight curls ... the kind you can just run your fingers through to arrange, and it will look nice. Gentle curls and waves all over, no part. This kind of wig feels more like wearing a cap, and will be easier to get used to than wearing a longer one...or one you have to constantly comb, brush and style...pin up, etc. Graduate on to those after you are more comfortable wearing and manipulating one. Ash blond with highlights or medium auburn looks good on nearly everyone, and is dignified...You can graduate to jet black, platinum blond, blue and pink, etc...after you are fully transformed. Make sure that the wig size is large enough for your head for comfort, otherwise it will be too hot and may give you a headache. Many have bands inside you can partially snip through to adjust the fit to your head...Think about also just wearing a head scarf or hat at times, and no wig. You can do some wonderfully beautiful things with scarves! Some come with bangs or weaves, like a pony tail, attached :)

[video=youtube;Kl07XuVRkHw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl07XuVRkHw[/video]

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hahahaha, you got a wicked sense of humour Tory. Great stuff!

Thanks, The_Fixer! It was a fun night.
It actually got even better. We went from the subway
to an elevator UP.

In the elevator, there had to be 15 peeps or so. In there
again the kids were swearing and the same guy said his
"There's a lady in here so don't say "Fuck you"...and looked
at me.

So I said, "Hey Fuck YOU!~" And the entire group (More than
just those kids on the original escalator) started clapping.
It was a riot. So I said:"Hey, just FYI____I started swearing
like this from being part of Scientology. I escaped out (no joke)
in July of 2000".

The doors opened up, and we all walked out.
More than 4 people came up to me, thanked me
(Sincerely), shook my hands and 2 said:
"You have no idea how much what
you've said means to us".

I told him I had a good idea, :biggrin:
And we all departed.

That's LA for ya ...well, LA and me :omg:

Love to you .........:rose:

Tory/Magoo
PS: A tiny correction: The first one we were on was an escalator.
Then we got onto the elevator, w/ more peeps and the above occurred.

Last edited:

ChurchOfCylontology

Patron with Honors
When I grow up, I wanna be like Tory.

I do too. A mix of Tory and Denise would be great.

I'm in LA too, and most of us are just happy if random strangers don't shoot us let alone call us by polite monikers. Talking to strangers around here can be dangerous!

Denise, I want to thank you for the spray of wine I just got on my computer screen from reading the "man in the woods being wrong" joke. I'm no spring chicken but I've never heard that one before. That one goes in my very small repertoire of jokes that I try to remember but often forget.

Denise one more thought.....I love the fact that you have such an incredible and rare glimpse into life as a man and as a woman. Yes, you have big challenges that most of us will never face, but you now have a priceless wisdom and understanding that I find truly fascinating and very worthy to share. We have a LOT to learn from you. I am very grateful that you shared with us and I really do think of you quite a bit during my day.