What's new

My recruitment into the SO

Marie

Patron
Sorry I took long to come back here and continue with this story, but here is another part of it.

Before I get into it, just a point to answer some of the comments regarding the food: I know food in LA was good most of the time (PAC and HGB). But at the time I was at continental level, and often it wasn't good at all. Having said that, let's get rolling on the rest.

After completing my EPF I went into post as an expeditor for an executive area (please excuse me if I don't give many details yet). A little time later I was doing a lot of compilation and CIC functions for my unit.

My mother and stepfather were sent to LA for training and I went with them. But I was not given study time and was put as expeditor there. There's not much to say about that particular period except that the Christofferson case was becoming a real problem for the church and we went to the "Battle of Portland" for a couple of months. I later got my campaign ribbon for that.

When we went back to LA I was still not getting any study time and had too much free time in my hands, so I'd get into ethics trouble now and then and I even had my share of face ripping from Jeff Porter aka "Cowboy" who was in PAC security.

We went back to our Cont and I went back to what I was doing before leaving. However, I was still getting into ethics trouble (not to make myself look better, but I was getting into small things, such as any other kid my age would). Still, "ethics and justice" were harsh and I was sent to the Children's RPF (there was only one other RPFer in my cont, and he was an adult). This was like a very bad joke. I had no study time at all, no auditing, nothing. Just heavy MEST work every day, a crappy berthing space (a room for two persons on the roof of the building with rats and water leaks) and zero comm with anyone except the other RPFer, who was not getting any study or auditing.

I asked for a Board of Review or a Comm Ev or some kind of action for months. Nothing happened. I petitioned. No response. After some months, the most stupid thing happened. There was a missionaire sent from SMI to my cont with no msn 2nd and with orders to get one once she arrived to the cont. I was "reprieved" from the RPF with no further actiion taken, briefed and fired with this missionaire as Msn 2nd. The funny thing was that I wasn't even trained as a missionaire! Things were weird.

Anyways. I went on this "Mission". The idea was to recriut people as Mission Holders to be sent to different countries and open/revive missions there. I made up a "recruitment kit" full with LRH references on the importance of being in staff (you know the story: "we're the only ones who can save the planet", "do nothing and you are condemning mankind to oblivion", etc.) to make people feel real bad if they didn't sign up and personally closed around 12 persons to go to eight different countries.

The mission ended as a "raving success" and got a two page commendation for it. I went back to post in my original org and that bogus RPF assignment was not mentioned again until 1989 (more on that later).

At some point someone thought it would be a good idea if I started recruiting for the SO. I was discontent with some of the things happening there, but I was very "on purpose", so I went ahead. (Can you imagine a 12 year old SO recruiter?:omg: ).

Every time I asked about my school I got the same answer: "Let's see next year, since you already missed this year's period." So I kept my illusions and went on recruiting. I did close four persons in two months. Two stayed in my org, one blew and the other was used as a "coin" to trade for someone else who was qualified.

I need to put together my recollections of what happened at this point, so I'll continue with this soon.

Look forward to the rest of the story...

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I liked the little sandwich shop on fountain, and Wendy's (great salad bar)... and Fat Burger - when I felt like walking....

When I was at ASHO, we got paid but usually no food cards (maybe once a month). I would go to the galley after 10:30 where you could buy food for 50 cents. was overrun on rice and beans as a kid, so none of those for me... I would have puked.

Before that I always had a food card, so I would find something I liked, or go to the canteen and have a bagel.

Food was OK, (didn't like the trout - the eyes :omg: ) They always had a "vegetarian" meal (cheese and bread...:wink2:) THis was mid to late 80's, ...

FATBURGER - ON VERMONT!!

I would always love to eat there, not just for the food, but also for the NAME!

FATBURGER!!!

YEAH!!!

Giuseppe

Patron with Honors
When we went back to LA I was still not getting any study time and had too much free time in my hands, so I'd get into ethics trouble now and then and I even had my share of face ripping from Jeff Porter aka "Cowboy" who was in PAC security.

Giuseppe had run-ins with The Cowboy, his 'Monty-Python' and two dobermans (Prince and Sundance), Porco Dio! Giuseppe hated those fucking dogs.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Giuseppe had run-ins with The Cowboy, his 'Monty-Python' and two dobermans (Prince and Sundance), Porco Dio! Giuseppe hated those fucking dogs.

Princess and Sundance were not the same!! Princess was the female and she was the mean one (doesnt that sound familiar....:D ). Sundance was older and a bit more wisened. He was cool. She was crazy. Sundance belonged to an incomm staff member. Princess belonged to this public guy. I forget his name. He used to live in a house on Berendo, across from ASHO. I forget his name, dang it.