ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

My Scientology Movie written by Louis Theroux

Discussion in 'Movies, Plays, and Documentaries about Scientology' started by CommunicatorIC, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Lord Xenu

Lord Xenu Patron Meritorious

Re: Louis Theroux at the RFH

It could be to do with the fact that Louis is big on TV. At least it's bringing the scientology (I refuse to capitalise that word) debate into the mainstream.

2. MrNobody

MrNobody Who needs merits?

Well, I hope it's not that the cult has bought all the tickets, so that nobody else can see the show. They've done crap like that in the past - buying all the newspapers because they contained a critical article about the cult.

3. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

Yeah; that's exactly what I thought when I saw this.

Not that it's going to make any difference. Just like Going Clear. Sooner or later it'll be in theaters/online/YouTube. Nothing they can do at that point.

4. uncover

uncover Gold Meritorious Patron

I don´t believe that the cult has bought all the tickets, but did already someone ask ...... Marty ? :hide:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  5. ethercat

ethercat Cat in flight

I can't think of any reason this thread should be in ESMB Help and Feedback, since it deals with neither, so I'm moving it to the Movies, Plays, and Documentaries about Scientology forum.

Everyone, please think about the subject matter of the forum you start threads in and whether your thread belongs there. It will reduce the amount of labor for ESMB staff. Thanks!

6. Lord Xenu

That would be a lot of tickets! There are 'ticket agencies' that are listing the tickets for sale at 4 times face value, but we think that £100 for a £27 ticket is a bit ridiculous.

7. Lord Xenu

Sorry, Ethercat. I just started it when I found the button 'Start new thread'

8. ethercat

ethercat Cat in flight

No problem, Lord Xenu. :)

9. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

Battery getting low?

10. WildKat

WildKat Gold Meritorious Patron

All I wanna know is whether/when this movie will come to Netflix???

11. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

Do you know if there will be a Q&A after the screening at the festival? In Sydney for the 'Going Clear' screenings there was a Q&A following the session which was very fun and interesting. It would be great if Louis could be there. I wonder if that was part of the draw for a sellout...

:dancer:

12. Lord Xenu

The 'Start New Thread' button seems to elude me. I have used it twice I think and both times had problems finding it.
    :duh:

13. Lord Xenu

Yes that is what is happening. The RFH is a large concert hall (by UK standards) with 2,500 seats and I would think that many people would have questions. There are a lot of things I would like to ask him.

14. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket Gold Meritorious Patron

Below the chat box is a list of 41 sub-forums. You have to click on one of these first, then you will have access to the button that will start a new thread in that subforum.

Helena

15. Lord Xenu

Thanks Helena. Sometimes the glaringly obvious eludes me.

16. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

The 'Start New Thread' function is really one of life's great mysteries for everyone at some point. I think it was Dulloldfart who patiently explained it to me when I was a bit more green.

Thanks mate. :thumbsup:

17. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Re: My Scientology Movie written by Louis Theroux to show at Tribeca Film Festival

At last Aussies are getting the chance to see the movie!

Bryan Seymour interviews Louis Theroux, great segment here:

https://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/vid...ntology-movie-is-stranger-than-fiction/#page1

18. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

Re: My Scientology Movie written by Louis Theroux to show at Tribeca Film Festival

I had a quick scan and yes, it's showing in Broadway Cinemas opposite Scilon HQ in Greek St.

Excellent. </Mr Burns>

19. The_Fixer

The_Fixer Class Clown

Holy crap! Almost $460 a ticket (2, actually).

Think I'll buy another beer or two?

20. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

That's Louis Theroux Live on Stage. I think the movie will be a bit cheaper. :coolwink:

:cheers: