What's new

My son Brad Blair passed away on Friday 4 October 2013 at 11:30 PM

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron
My son Brad Blair passed away Friday evening at 11:30 PM. He was 38 years old and died after a 4 year battle with cancer. I feel so sad right now and have been crying off and on after finding out. He visited me and my family in Austin, TX at the end of November 2012 and I went out to see him for a week in July of this year. I was able to meet his wife, kids, in laws, and friends and they were all loving people. I will miss Brad. I will miss talking with him.

Though Brad was raised in Scientology he became aware of the fraud long before I did. He left the cult forever twenty years ago and began a new life in Alabama with his wife Deb. I left Scientology myself forever in 2009.

I will truly miss that boy. Me and my son Brad 120212.jpgPhotograph (2).jpgBrad at Christmas 001.jpg

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
My son Brad Blair passed away Friday evening at 11:30 PM. He was 38 years old and died after a 4 year battle with cancer. I feel so sad right now and have been crying off and on after finding out. He visited me and my family in Austin, TX at the end of November 2012 and I went out to see him for a week in July of this year. I was able to meet his wife, kids, in laws, and friends and they were all loving people. I will miss Brad. I will miss talking with him.

Though Brad was raised in Scientology he became aware of the fraud long before I did. He left the cult forever twenty years ago and began a new life in Alabama with his wife Deb. I left Scientology myself forever in 2009.

I will truly miss that boy. View attachment 6155View attachment 6154View attachment 6153

Dean, so sorry to read your news. I'm sure we can all feel your grief, and I'm sure we'd all like to put a hand on your shoulder to let you know that we are here.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Dean I am so sorry for your loss. He will be missed.

:bigcry:

I was friends with both Brad and Ericka when we were all kids. He was a sweet boy.

Hugs to you. We are here for you in this tough time.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

I will truly miss that boy. View attachment 6155View attachment 6154View attachment 6153

Dear Dean... I am so sad to see this post. From your Facebook posts, I know how how hard this has been for both of you, for your families, how he was suffering and how you suffered for his suffering but how love brought so much comfort. Thinking of you all today. I am so very...
sympathy28.gif

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm so sorry. Sometimes, I just am at a loss for words... this is one of those times. My thoughts are with you.:rose:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
So sorry Dean, our thoughts are with you. Surround yourself with the happy memories and cherish the time you had together.

pollywog

Patron with Honors
Dear Dean, I dont know you, nor did I know your son. Your pain is so clear in your post, and I am just so sorry. I am just so damn sorry that it hurts. Please be well and take comfort in those you are close to.

wazn

Patron with Honors

So very sorry to hear this, Dean. I lost 2 brothers to cancer and still miss them. I can't imagine the pain of losing a child... :( I'll join you in your tears and pray for your heart to heal. "Hug"

Out-Ethics

Patron Meritorious
I'm so sorry to hear such terrible news. My heart goes out to you and your family. No father should ever have to bury his son.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
I cannot fathom the pain of losing a child. My brother's only son died at age 18 (32 years ago). He said he's never gotten over it...He's just learned to live with it.

I am so, so sorry for your loss. You are in my thought and prayers.

May the Lord bless you and keep you.

May the Lord make his face to shine upon you,
and be gracious to you.

May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you,
and give you peace.​

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
My heartfelt condolences to you and yours for a man I knew when we were both under the influence of Hubbard's psychopathy...If I recall correctly, you were the AGF ASHO and I was the FBO Pubs... and we fought about finance policy... heh.. I wish your loss could have been avoided. As I believe in spirit, I believe your loss only temporary..

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Well shit. I'm very sorry to hear this, Dean. I knew Brad briefly when I lived in LA.

Tell Lynn and Erica and Craig that I love them and am thinking about them all right now.

Alanzo

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron

Dear Dean,
Though we have never met, I, too, cried while looking at your pictures.
I know you will always cherish the time you spent together.
You have my deepest condolences.
Churchill