What's new

My son Brad Blair passed away on Friday 4 October 2013 at 11:30 PM

He-man

Hero extraordinary
I'm so sorry for your loss Dean. You have my deepest sympathies for you and Brads family. I could not imagine the pain you must feel, but I hope that you will be OK.

I never met you or Brad but your news sadden me deeply.

Caroline

Patron Meritorious
My son Brad Blair passed away Friday evening at 11:30 PM. He was 38 years old and died after a 4 year battle with cancer. I feel so sad right now and have been crying off and on after finding out. He visited me and my family in Austin, TX at the end of November 2012 and I went out to see him for a week in July of this year. I was able to meet his wife, kids, in laws, and friends and they were all loving people. I will miss Brad. I will miss talking with him.

Though Brad was raised in Scientology he became aware of the fraud long before I did. He left the cult forever twenty years ago and began a new life in Alabama with his wife Deb. I left Scientology myself forever in 2009.

I will truly miss that boy. View attachment 6155View attachment 6154View attachment 6153

Condolences, Dean. My memory of your relationship with Brad goes back to family time at AOLA. You always seemed to make it go right, and I tried to. It breaks my heart that your heart is breaking about Brad. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in this time of his passing.

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron
I would like to thank all of you who have responded to this thread. It has been most helpful to receive so many caring and sympathetic condolences from you. I can clearly see that you are no longer acting like Scientologists and that your comments are genuine. If I didn't know better, I'd think you were all a bunch of Christians as you all portray the love that Jesus asked us to show towards one another. Thank you everyone.

Purple Rain

Crusader
What a beautiful boy and what a great dad you have been to him. I am sure that he learned much from you about parenting his own children. I am glad that you brought him into the world and that he got to experience so many of the pleasures of being alive, and of loving and being loved. I'm also glad that his legacy to the world includes some children to bring comfort to your family and to help fill the terrible hole that his passing has left.

My beautiful niece died at just 22 and twelve years later her parents are still gutted, but there are weddings and births and grandchildren and good things and joys, and smiles on faces that thought they would never smile again.

I am glad you have felt the warm embrace of the board at this time - it is a place where love truly exists. I'm glad you've felt that comfort and that love and those hands reaching towards you in this most heartbreaking hour. I hope you are not alone and that you have people around to help care for you during the worst of the shock and the grief. I hope you will one day find healing and peace from your pain.

Sending love to you and your family - I am just so sorry.

Sidney18511

Patron with Honors
My deepest condolences on the loss of your son.

I lost my father to kidney cancer and I must say....cancer is an evil, evil, disease.

AnonKat

Crusader
My son Brad Blair passed away Friday evening at 11:30 PM. He was 38 years old and died after a 4 year battle with cancer. I feel so sad right now and have been crying off and on after finding out. He visited me and my family in Austin, TX at the end of November 2012 and I went out to see him for a week in July of this year. I was able to meet his wife, kids, in laws, and friends and they were all loving people. I will miss Brad. I will miss talking with him.

Though Brad was raised in Scientology he became aware of the fraud long before I did. He left the cult forever twenty years ago and began a new life in Alabama with his wife Deb. I left Scientology myself forever in 2009.

I will truly miss that boy. View attachment 6155View attachment 6154View attachment 6153

Glad you got to meet him and such, strength and wisdom.