What's new

My Story (Just joined ESMB 2/28

FoTi

Crusader
Hi Tom. :goodposting: :welcome:

Yours is a delightful story. I love the way you express yourself.

Please tell us more. :yes:

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome Tom, :thumbsup:

Your story was entertaining and funny. :yes:

Hey, I met Liz Alvarez, Willy Chirinos' wife, right?

TP

Last edited:

Tom of Helatrobus

Patron Meritorious
Hey Tom,

Enjoyed the story. As an ex-SO member, I understand what you are saying about there being good times. My time in was more of a misadventure. I tend to find the stories of children of SO members tend to be the most tragic.

Tom -

What can you tell us about the Apollo Dancers? When did they enter the picture?

I knew someone who was in that group (Barry Watson from New Zealand - later was CS-5 for a while). Did you know him? He was still in Los Angeles as of last year.

MarkWI

Patron Meritorious
Welcome Tom!

Are you in this picture?
1974.jpg

Wisened One

Crusader
Tom: Speakin' of the other Tom's post: Were there children on the ship when you were there? :drama:

Hey Tom,

Enjoyed the story. As an ex-SO member, I understand what you are saying about there being good times. My time in was more of a misadventure. I tend to find the stories of children of SO members tend to be the most tragic.

airhead

Patron with Honors
Are you in this picture?
1974.jpg

No, he is not in this photo.

Standing L to R: Russ Meadows, Laurel Sullivan (unless I'm much mistaken), Tony Strawn.

Seated L to R: Annie Tidman Broeker, Ken _____ (forgot his last name), LRH, Dee Dee Reisdorf, David Rossouw.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
No, he is not in this photo.

Standing L to R: Russ Meadows, Laurel Sullivan (unless I'm much mistaken), Tony Strawn.

Seated L to R: Annie Tidman Broeker, Ken _____ (forgot his last name), LRH, Dee Dee Reisdorf, David Rossouw.

Is that the same Tony Strawn who went to jail in '95?

Zinj

Tom

Patron
it wasn't Ken...it was Dan Auerbach. Dan was responsible on Flag for making all the LRH lecture tape copies and our music ones as well. Tony Strawn is serving time in a Florida prison for rape.

Tom R

small steps

Patron with Honors
You should have seen them before they were told to smile for the camera!

Paul

:roflmao:

do you think they had to say "cheeeese!" or "truprint!" or do you think it was "mental image picture!"

I think it has a ring to it, although it doesn't seem to have worked to well!

Last edited:

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
:welcome: Tom! I enjoy your wonderful spirit. Your story was unique. I really like it, and hope you write some more as you think of stuff.

"We just can't de-abberate you, can we Tommy..."
Wow, what a compliment!! :)

airhead

Patron with Honors
Is that the same Tony Strawn who went to jail in '95?

Zinj

Yep. Reportedly molested his adolescent stepdaughters... both of them. :omg:

it wasn't Ken...it was Dan Auerbach. Dan was responsible on Flag for making all the LRH lecture tape copies and our music ones as well. Tony Strawn is serving time in a Florida prison for rape.

Tom R

Oops, my mistake. Dan Auerbach was a hoot! :happydance:

Tom

Patron
Tony Strawn

Yes he was Amanda's son. He was my friend. We'd go into the aft chain locker and sing and play guitar (great natural reverb) I still have a tape of us.
BTW Amanda performed with The Apollo Troupe when she was aboard Apollo during that time. She sang with the Country Band (drummer was Capt. Norman Starkey)
Tom R