What's new

My very first flak attack

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
After all this time lurking and posting on ESMB and OCMB ... after years of posting on various political message boards ... after attending anon picket events ... I have finally been flamed by a live Scilon online.

Back in 2007 I started the Ron Paul meetup group here in St. Louis, number 35of what eventually became well over 1200, and honcho'ed/spoke at the first two meetings. I was well received at the first one, by the second meeting I could tell that my best course of action was to turn the meetup group over. Why? By my nature, if I am going to run something, I run it. I am not a concensus builder. Trying to get anything done in this group would, to me, be akin to herding cats.

Sometime after the nomination process was over I decided to rejoin the group as a member, it became an informal forum for the local Campaign for Liberty and a sounding board for some of my ideas. Anyways ... one of the people on the forum happens to be a Scilon who is pushing the CCHR industry of death exhibit here in the greater St. Louis area. So I posted a warning about CCHR being a Cof$ front group, and how, regardless of any agenda that psychiatry may have, Cof$ has one as well. I was flamed back. I responded off the forum, but, here is the flame:

Peter,

Just because you were "involved" with the Church of Scientology for a relatively short time some 30 years ago, and hang out on the net with other misfits and malcontents on this subject, does not make you an expert on Scientology.

I haven't spoken much about this, because I'm not in this group for the purpose of proselytizing, but since you've brought it up, I will say that I have been a Scientologist for 40 years and am proud of the fact. I have worked at all levels and activities of the Church, and have first hand knowledge of the Church inside and out. I am also familiar with the website you are referring people to, and can only say that this is a gross distortion of the facts. And I think, with my experience, I am arguably more knowledgeable on the subject than you are. But nobody has to take my word for it. Anyone who wants to know the truth about Scientology should visit the website www.scientology.org or read a book by L. Ron Hubbard or visit a Scientology church and see for themselves.

Your calling CCHR a Church of Scientology "front group" makes it sound like somebody's trying to hide something, but CCHR and the Church are both very open about the connection; in fact it's right there in the email Kelly forwarded. CCHR was co-founded in 1969 by the Church of Scientology and Dr. Thomas Szasz, Professor of Psychiatry Emeritus at the State University of New York Health Science Center in Syracuse. The Church of Scientology actively supports CCHR today in its programs to investigate and expose psychiatric brutality and fraud.

CCHR and the Church of Scientology both have many, many friends at all levels of the liberty movement. Scientology exists to give people who want it a route to spiritual freedom. CCHR addresses a very real threat to everyone's freedom. Psychiatry, in addition to being used as a tool to incite genocide, create terrorists, and suppress political dissent, is also a major player in turning the masses of ordinary people into sheeple.

I urge all lovers of liberty to come out and see the exhibit. It's an education! It will be a Jamestown Mall until the end of the month.

Carol

Anyways, notice the usual crap, "read a book" and "go to scientology.org" etc. This gal is a Ron Pauler, a lover of liberty, and totally blindsided regarding the totalitarian nature of her favorite cult. Phuggen amazing. Part of what I sent back was a salvo of 4 song parody torpedos. I do so hope she writes back.

Pete

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
Is that possible?

Keep a copy, you'll both get a good laugh out of it once she's found her own way out. :)

Is it possible? She has been at it for 40 years. That would put her intro to the cult to 1970. That makes her OLD, as in her sixties. I believe I have seen her at a meeting in early 2009, she was pushing the same CCHR crap. She didn't come off as someone who has done her oatee levels, but I could be wrong. If she HAS done her upper bridge ... then she may have done the OLD bridge. I thought that the DM regime pitched all of the old oatees under the bus and/or they woke up and left. If she is still on lower bridge, I am suprised that her local org hasn't thrown her out as a non producing asset. Or, since she is dog shit hurting minimum at least in her fifties ... I am suprised that she hasn't just gotten older and wiser and awakened on her own. Of course, these days Scilons no longer will admit to where they are on the "bridge". These days, that is "discussing case". What horseshit. Anyways, someone who has been in that long who hasn't left is a hard case to wake up. We will see what happens.

Pete

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
What got me was her comment that she "knows more about the church" than you do, since she's still active. No, she knows less since she's being fed the PR line and not what's really going on.

If you know her last name, look her up on the truth about Scientology website that lists completions.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I love this line: "Anyone who wants to know the truth about Scientology should visit the website [CofS URL snipped] or read a book by L. Ron Hubbard or visit a Scientology church and see for themselves."

In a way it is true, in that if you visit a Scientology org and talk to the rapacious staff for an hour or two you should soon get the idea it's not going to be a gentle afternoon-tea-and-scones-with-the-vicar affair.

Paul

Disinfected

Patron Meritorious
Crikey, Nuc, you call that a flame?

Actually she makes some fair points:

We are misfits and malcontents. Those that are still in are perhaps fitted and contented. For whatever that is worth.

Calling every activity associated with Scientology or Scientologists a "front group" is the propaganda ploy of using a tainted term to describe an activity that does not really deserve it.

From her point of view she probably does know more about Scientology than you (assuming you were only in for a short time years ago). You know more about the criticism of Scientology than she does.

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
a flame

We are misfits and malcontents. Those that are still in are perhaps fitted and contented. For whatever that is worth.

Calling every activity associated with Scientology or Scientologists a "front group" is the propaganda ploy of using a tainted term to describe an activity that does not really deserve it.

From her point of view she probably does know more about Scientology than you (assuming you were only in for a short time years ago). You know more about the criticism of Scientology than she does.

Yes, I know. It's pathetic. For all of my postings here and on the Clambake ... for all the times I picketed ... thats really all I have to show for it, to have just made a tiny blip on Scilon radar. It's my tiny little badge of courage.

In my first reply, In addition to the text explaining my position, I also fired off a salvo of 4 Scilon song parody lyrics, then I encored her two more, all via private email off of the group. I hope she laughs her ass off inspite of herself. I sent her "ElRon is Back" tune of "My Boyfriend's Back", "In The Sea Org" tune of the Villiage People's "In The Navy", "I'm So Oatee" tune of "I'm So Pretty" and a few others. Sometimes a tune has a way of sticking in your head inspite of yourself. One time an old girl friend of mine really got on my case because I did a parody of "Frosty the Snowman", my version was about this poor pathetic sick pet that had to be returned to the pet shop, my version being "Barfy the Wormdog". I only did one line, never finished it ... ok, here it is ...

Barfy the wormdog,
Was as sick as he could be,
So he heaved green bile,
In the carpet pile,
That looked like spagetti!

Anyways, she had the tune going thru her head again and again all day long until she really began to hate me. I hope my song parodies go thru her head like that until she flunks a sec check or something. Perhaps she will wake up.
So far, no reply from her. Will keep everyone posted.

BTW ... what is the website URL for looking up completions via last name? Can anyone on here do that for me, if I PM the last name? I don't think it is fair if I were to post a last name on here at this point.

Pete

Disinfected

Patron Meritorious
BTW ... what is the website URL for looking up completions via last name? Can anyone on here do that for me, if I PM the last name? I don't think it is fair if I were to post a last name on here at this point.

Pete

www.truthaboutscientology.com

What I do is go to Google then enter the last name and site:truthaboutscientology.com in the search box.

That way my search is only known to Google and not to Kristi.

But that site is very sketchy and incomplete.

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron

Fair points from a whacked view of a Scientologist maybe. If you want to call that fair.
Scientology front groups are there for one main reason, recruitment...PERIOD. That is a very fair staement....and it's very true.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
same ol'

Same ol'd shite. Heard it once, heard it a million times. They never come up with ANYTHING new or original. Blah blah blah. Can't help but turn off elron-speak . . It is so darn boring.

Thank God you people are out - and got your own voices - LOUD & CLEAR - I HEAR YOU :yes:

FinallyMe

Silver Meritorious Patron
That "read a book" "visit the church" line is a great example of robotism, the implication being that if you read the book or visit, you will agree with all of it. Clearly, no one spouting that script has thought it through at all -- unless NONE of us out here ever read a book? Never practiced any of the tech? If reading a book gives an accurate picture of Scientology, why are all of us out HERE?

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
visit the church

The "visit the church" line ... perhaps Carol is one of those miserable putrid gaping gashes that, because of all of the abuse she has suffered at the hands of assorted redges, somehow gets a vicarious thrill when she sees someone else redgewhipped, that way perhaps she wouldn't feel so bad about being redgewhipped herself. Misery loves company.

And yes, I just coined that word, and yes, feel free to use it liberally.

Pete