What's new

Nancy Many, Paulette Cooper, L. Ron Hubbard video, plus Tonja Burden affidavit

Veda

Sponsor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY76WHmRlYA&feature=player_embedded

http://www.lisamcpherson.org/burden.htm

From the Affidavit of Tanja Burden http://www.lisamcpherson.org/burden.htm:

"At the Fort Harrison I remained LRH's personal messenger. I observed LRH control the operation of Scientology in various 'Orgs' worldwide from the Fort Harrison. I coded and decoded messages to and directly from Hubbard. Hubbard used approximately 15 codes at this time to conceal his operations, programs, and policies, which he disseminated worldwide. I personally delivered messages concerning Operation Snow White, Operation Freak Out, and other Scientology secret and illegal operations. I also filed these in Hubbard's personal filing cabinet..."

Markus

Silver Meritorious Patron
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY76WHmRlYA&feature=player_embedded

http://www.lisamcpherson.org/burden.htm

From the Affidavit of Tanja Burden http://www.lisamcpherson.org/burden.htm:

"At the Fort Harrison I remained LRH's personal messenger. I observed LRH control the operation of Scientology in various 'Orgs' worldwide from the Fort Harrison. I coded and decoded messages to and directly from Hubbard. Hubbard used approximately 15 codes at this time to conceal his operations, programs, and policies, which he disseminated worldwide. I personally delivered messages concerning Operation Snow White, Operation Freak Out, and other Scientology secret and illegal operations. I also filed these in Hubbard's personal filing cabinet..."

Thank you for posting this. It is so important to show the world and all the true believing Hubbardians that Ron was a mean fraudulent criminal man.

Love
Markus

Veda

Sponsor
Re. the Tanja Burden Affidavit, Marty Rathbun, on 3 November 2010, on his blog, had this to say, "This is utter crap," while at the same time attributing any actions against Paulette Cooper to "suppressive squirreling" occurring behind Hubbard's back.

A little more about Paulette Cooper. The first attempt to have her "terminatedly handled" by having her arrested or committed to a mental institution occurred in 1972. This was called, I think, called Operation Dynamite. Two bomb threat letters were sent to a Scientology "Church" and linked to Cooper.

By that time her life had been thoroughly investigated, and "friends" had been planted near her to "help" her. Cooper was aware of the overt harassment, but (understandably) not of the ongoing covert activities.

Hubbard seemed to have a special "thing" with women, and when Hubbard became aware that Cooper was in contact with former ("erased") wife, Sara Northrup, that may have put Paulette Cooper at the top of the enemies list.

Op Dynamite resulted in Cooper being arrested and brought before a Grand Jury. She consented to a sodium pentathol test (truth serum), and the prosecution of her case was called off. Nonetheless, she had not been exonerated, and her life had been deeply affected.

Still, Hubbard wasn't satisfied. After all, Scientology had come *so* close to succeeding. So another attempt was made to "finish the job," and in spring of 1976 the plans/paperwork for this "op" were put together. This new re-started Op against Cooper was called OP Freak out.

It was going to be a pure covert op, in that it would begin and end without seeming to involve Scientology in any way. Hubbard's covert Ops tech was going to be used, complete with multiple channels of attack/influence, stage setting (created incidents), suitable guises, etc. Hubbard, fresh from the covert "taking" of Clearwater, Florida - even though he had recently fled Clearwater by car after his cover was blown, ending up in Washington, DC - appears to have been very confident about the effectiveness of his own covert Intel tech, and certain of his own invincibility.

After all, he had "gotten away with" so much up to that point. And what is known through the Internet is only the tip of the iceberg.

For example, Paulette Cooper had assembled a three binder collection of Scientology documents having only to do with herself. These were the documents that had been seized by the FBI in 1977. (And the revealing of these documents was incidental, or even accidental, as the FBI was not concerned with Cooper - or any other private citizens or with local government officials - but only with their own affairs, and with government offices and files having been illegally accessed and stolen.) The assembled "time track" on Cooper, featuring every minute detail of her life, was four pages long - legal size paper - in small print. Then came the paperwork of the Ops against her. They were many. So far, on the Net, I've seen maybe 1% of these documents.

So, as previously noted, what is broadly known is the tip of the iceberg.

Add to this, Scientology's practice of destroying evidence and silencing witnesses, and it's amazing that we know what we do know. Scientology, after all, is a secretive cult based on (its founder's words) the "tight conspiracy" model (not unlike organized crime).

Schwimmel Puckel, in a 9 February 2011 post, had these observations:

"I quite sure that Hubbard directed this personally... But I can't prove it. But it was/is well known that even as Mary Sue and Jane Kember held those posts they did, nothing was done without Ron overlooking, approving and/or ordering it.

"I never met the man in person. I was in the Guardian's Office Europe 1979 to mid '81. Well, we had telexes clattering in from 'Ron' all the time. He was very much into anything the GO did, was my impression.. And we carefully cut the corner that said 'Ron' off of the slips before archiving. No document were to expose Ron as a leader or executive authority of anything anywhere."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF99yYCE8wI

Note: The above short video consists of clips from two '60 Minutes' programs, about fifteen years apart. The first - longer - segment - is from 1980; the latter - shorter - segment, concerning "C.A.N.," is from the mid 1990s.

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Re. the Tanja Burden Affidavit, Marty Rathbun, on 3 November 2010, on his blog, had this to say, "This is utter crap,"

As the one who admittedly destroyed evidence in the Lisa McPherson case to protect the cult - why would I believe Marty when he says "this is utter crap" in response to Tanja Burden's Affidavit? :confused2:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Thank's to you guys who have the courage to tell the WHOLE truth -
Not only part of it

Nancy Manny you are terrific lady!

:arose:

There is only few record of people who have worked close to LRH to tell the truth.
This is very important bring about the real situation and the roots of insanities with this cult.

Many thank's :thumbsup:

Peter Soderqvist

Patron with Honors
Bare-Faced Messiah Chapter 21 Making Movies
In truth, Mary Sue had much to complain about, because she had no doubt that she was going to have to take the rap for Operation Snow White. 'Hubbard abandoned her', said Ken Urquhart, 'and made it quite clear within the org that he had abandoned her. It's the one thing I find hard to forgive - that he was prepared to allow his wife to go to jail for crimes he was equally guilty of. After the FBI raid I was put to work making up reports to show that he did not know what was going on. In other words, I was to cover his ass. He was privy to almost all of it and was as guilty as Mary Sue.[7] 7. Interview with Urquhart
http://www.spaink.net/cos/rmiller/bfm21.htm#356

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
The more that gets brought out into the light of day the more untenable a position the "church" is left with. Keep up the good work !

guanoloco

As-Wased
One thing I think is interesting is the following two Scientology datums when put together.

On the one you have "Intention is Cause".

On the other you have "Plan by Product"...that is to say that you start with the product and back up what is necessary to bring it about. Since the product is what is caused you can "see" the intention behind it.

From this you merely have to look at many of the "causes" of Scientology...staff conditions, staff pay, public prices, people being "handled" by the "church" and you can readily see the intention of Scientology.

The intention is to extort and pull in as much resources in abundance as possible without paying for them...all under the squid ink shroud of human rights and spiritual pursuits.

Who is it on ESMB that routinely states that if there was any merit to Scientology there would be something to show for it except destroyed lives?

Since it damages everything it touches and interacts with I think it clear what the intentions of L. Ron Hubbard, Mankind's Greatest Friend, were.

Just follow the money.

Last edited:

Smilla

Ordinary Human
As the one who admittedly destroyed evidence in the Lisa McPherson case to protect the cult - why would I believe Marty when he says "this is utter crap" in response to Tanja Burden's Affidavit? :confused2:

Rathbun-Rinder Syndrome:

--Patient can't remember what he did in the Cult.

i_love_amnesia_sticker-p217701170629570963qjcl_400.jpg

Clarence Rockaway

Patron with Honors
Re. the Tanja Burden Affidavit, Marty Rathbun, on 3 November 2010, on his blog, had this to say, "This is utter crap," while at the same time attributing any actions against Paulette Cooper to "suppressive squirreling" occurring behind Hubbard's back.

A little more about Paulette Cooper. The first attempt to have her "terminatedly handled" by having her arrested or committed to a mental institution occurred in 1972. This was called, I think, called Operation Dynamite. Two bomb threat letters were sent to a Scientology "Church" and linked to Cooper.

By that time her life had been thoroughly investigated, and "friends" had been planted near her to "help" her. Cooper was aware of the overt harassment, but (understandably) not of the ongoing covert activities.

Hubbard seemed to have a special "thing" with women, and when Hubbard became aware that Cooper was in contact with former ("erased") wife, Sara Northrup, that may have put Paulette Cooper at the top of the enemies list.

Op Dynamite resulted in Cooper being arrested and brought before a Grand Jury. She consented to a sodium pentathol test (truth serum), and the prosecution of her case was called off. Nonetheless, she had not been exonerated, and her life had been deeply affected.

Still, Hubbard wasn't satisfied. After all, Scientology had come *so* close to succeeding. So another attempt was made to "finish the job," and in spring of 1976 the plans/paperwork for this "op" were put together. This new re-started Op against Cooper was called OP Freak out.

It was going to be a pure covert op, in that it would begin and end without seeming to involve Scientology in any way. Hubbard's covert Ops tech was going to be used, complete with multiple channels of attack/influence, stage setting (created incidents), suitable guises, etc. Hubbard, fresh from the covert "taking" of Clearwater, Florida - even though he had recently fled Clearwater by car after his cover was blown, ending up in Washington, DC - appears to have been very confident about the effectiveness of his own covert Intel tech, and certain of his own invincibility.

After all, he had "gotten away with" so much up to that point. And what is known through the Internet is only the tip of the iceberg.

For example, Paulette Cooper had assembled a three binder collection of Scientology documents having only to do with herself. These were the documents that had been seized by the FBI in 1977. (And the revealing of these documents was incidental, or even accidental, as the FBI was not concerned with Cooper - or any other private citizens or with local government officials - but only with their own affairs, and with government offices and files having been illegally accessed and stolen.) The assembled "time track" on Cooper, featuring every minute detail of her life, was four pages long - legal size paper - in small print. Then came the paperwork of the Ops against her. They were many. So far, on the Net, I've seen maybe 1% of these documents.

So, as previously noted, what is broadly known is the tip of the iceberg.

Add to this, Scientology's practice of destroying evidence and silencing witnesses, and it's amazing that we know what we do know. Scientology, after all, is a secretive cult based on (its founder's words) the "tight conspiracy" model (not unlike organized crime).

Schwimmel Puckel, in a 9 February 2011 post, had these observations:

"I quite sure that Hubbard directed this personally... But I can't prove it. But it was/is well known that even as Mary Sue and Jane Kember held those posts they did, nothing was done without Ron overlooking, approving and/or ordering it.

"I never met the man in person. I was in the Guardian's Office Europe 1979 to mid '81. Well, we had telexes clattering in from 'Ron' all the time. He was very much into anything the GO did, was my impression.. And we carefully cut the corner that said 'Ron' off of the slips before archiving. No document were to expose Ron as a leader or executive authority of anything anywhere."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF99yYCE8wI
Jane Kember. Now there was a real piece of work. I heard her once give a lecture. She kept harping on some Limey named John Mills, like this guy hung the moon or something. Her eyes, her convoluted sentences, her gibberish, I thought she was on something. And she was the head of the whole G.O! (OAS) Even I, who was in a fog all the time, like Pig Pen in the Peanuts cartoon in his dust ball, even I knew that her brain was gamier than a fresh turd on a hot day. When this chick went to the zoo, she needed two tickets. One to get in, and one to get out. But she was a huge big shot at the time. When she walked into the room, everybody turned tits up in the gutter. But of course I stifled my own knowingness. I was wrong and the cult was right. Well, no. This time I secretly felt that I was right. But said nothing.:no:

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
Jane Kember. Now there was a real piece of work. I heard her once give a lecture. She kept harping on some Limey named John Mills, like this guy hung the moon or something. Her eyes, her convoluted sentences, her gibberish, I thought she was on something. And she was the head of the whole G.O! (OAS) Even I, who was in a fog all the time, like Pig Pen in the Peanuts cartoon in his dust ball, even I knew that her brain was gamier than a fresh turd on a hot day. When this chick went to the zoo, she needed two tickets. One to get in, and one to get out. But she was a huge big shot at the time. When she walked into the room, everybody turned tits up in the gutter. But of course I stifled my own knowingness. I was wrong and the cult was right. Well, no. This time I secretly felt that I was right. But said nothing.:no:

Thanks very much Clarence for sharing. It's important for me to see the heroes of Scientology as they are/were. Instead, "Wow, ______ (fill in Scio luminary) is completely OT. A big being." I hear that my heroes were normal people who were accorded an incredible amount of altitude. And maybe Jane was fabulous but she wasn't OT or perfect.

Veda

Sponsor
This is some more info re. Paulette Cooper...

From a recent radio interview done by Bill Franks, former ED International of Scientology:

Franks mentions that it was L. Ron Hubbard who ran Scientology's Fair Game operations. Briefly discussing Paulette Cooper: "Basically, everything came from Hubbard. He actually ran that day to day."

And as for Hubbard throwing his wife under the bus, which has been known for some time, Bill Franks adds some fascinating detail:

"Hubbard had me and Miscavige and a few others interview Mary Sue... and... we had a van outside that was taping all this. And, basically, it was to get as much incriminating - to get her to incriminate herself as much as possible, and this would be, through a circumlocutious manner, fed to the government."

Tom Smith/Interviewer: "And this was Hubbard's idea?"

Bill Franks: "This was from L. Ron Hubbard to set up his wife. Right."

scandalscientology.cov12a.gif

More docs: http://home.snafu.de/tilman/krasel/cooper/frk.html

Any views or information re. the above docs will be appreciated.

There is currently an attempt by outside-the-CofS Scientologists, using every trick in the book, to effectively "erase" the 1970s, leaving only "theta" stories about Ron, but mostly keeping us excited about the ongoing war with Miscavige.

I'm all for the on-going war with Miscavige, but not for the revision of history or the manipulation of others.

Everyone is welcome to add testimony, and other evidence, pointing to Hubbard's knowledge and control of this Op on Cooper, and - of course - on others.

Let's not allow the past to be "erased" by the new "acceptable truth"-spewing, ARC-oozing, and Tone Scale-utilizing new breed of Hubbardites.

Despite the mass evidence-destroying by Scientology of the late 1970s, every piece of testimony and surviving evidence must be tracked down.

Paulette deserves as much.

That won't stop smug Scientologists from playing the game and feigning outrage at the wrongness of it all, while saying, "If you have any evidence I'd like to see it," and then, when confronted by evidence, ignoring it and deftly changing the subject.

However, it will provide a place where all related documents on this subject can be found for those who sincerely care.

Gadfly

Crusader
Hey, what's the big deal? Ron had to do what he had to do to safeguard the future of Scientology - Mankind's ONLY hope for eternity!

Mary Sue was HAPPY to help her "religion", because she was a true believer too.

She DOVE under the bus for her loving husband. :duh:

The things we do for love . . . . :confused2:

(above - pure sarcasm - but from the idiotic views of certain people, accurate and true)

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Cult thugs thugs dressed as ministers of religion. It's about as convincing as a gorilla costume. In fact, the Gorilla costume might be more convincing.

It's not a religion.

It's not a therapy.

It's a criminal organisation, with absolutely no redeeming qualities.

The clock is ticking Davey.

eliot%20ness.jpg

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
This is some more info re. Paulette Cooper...

From a recent radio interview done by Bill Franks, former ED International of Scientology:

Franks mentions that it was L. Ron Hubbard who ran Scientology's Fair Game operations. Briefly discussing Paulette Cooper: "Basically, everything came from Hubbard. He actually ran that day to day."

And as for Hubbard throwing his wife under the bus, which has been known for some time, Bill Franks adds some fascinating detail:

"Hubbard had me and Miscavige and a few others interview Mary Sue... and... we had a van outside that was taping all this. And, basically, it was to get as much incriminating - to get her to incriminate herself as much as possible, and this would be, through a circumlocutious manner, fed to the government."

Tom Smith/Interviewer: "And this was Hubbard's idea?"

Bill Franks: "This was from L. Ron Hubbard to set up his wife. Right."

There is currently an attempt by outside-the-CofS Scientologists, using every trick in the book, to effectively "erase" the 1970s, leaving only "theta" stories about Ron, but mostly keeping us excited about the ongoing war with Miscavige.

I'm all for the on-going war with Miscavige, but not for the revision of history or the manipulation of others.

Everyone is welcome to add testimony, and other evidence, pointing to Hubbard's knowledge and control of this Op on Cooper, and - of course - on others.

Let's not allow the past to be "erased" by the new "acceptable truth"-spewing, ARC-oozing, and Tone Scale-utilizing new breed of Hubbardites.

Despite the mass evidence-destroying by Scientology of the late 1970s, every piece of testimony and surviving evidence must be tracked down.

Paulette deserves as much.

That won't stop smug Scientologists from playing the game and feigning outrage at the wrongness of it all, while saying, "If you have any evidence I'd like to see it," and then, when confronted by evidence, ignoring it and deftly changing the subject.

However, it will provide a place where all related documents on this subject can be found for those who sincerely care.

I absolutely agree. I'd bet Marty is mixed up in that purge attempt, one way or another. He knows how to run the Ops.

JustMe

Patron Meritorious

I have no idea how many times I was in Jane's office when I was the Legal Branch I Director at GOWW but I sat in on many meetings with her, some that had to do with using corporate such as, for example, combined corporate, PR and Intel actions to take over a mission or just something that needed a "corporate sortout" of one kind or another such as when I was sent on a legal mission to Liechtenstein to set up the first WISE corporation and was run on telexes from Hubbard as relayed to me from GOWW.

I also remember another crazy mission I was sent on under Jane's orders which was to on behalf of LRH get the rights to his script "Revolt In The Stars" transferred from A Brilliant Film Company to Myron and Alice Robinson plus others to handle corporate matters in Italy, South Africa and elsewhere.

We ran all of scientology corporately from GOWW just as was done under Miscavige later.

Anyway, Jane was probably the number three person in power in scientology back then (Hubbard was #1 and MarySue #2). And Jane was feared by a lot of people. Here is a link to a posting I did about six years ago telling of the real power in scientology and how it worked through the years: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/alt.religion.scientology/Jq4yUF4qOL8

Jane was once part of that power but, like anyone else, only on Hubbard's whim. If Jane devined that someone was wrong or a bad guy then the GO went after him/her.

I remember Jane doing evals and she sometimes had a pat "ethics why" when the "who" had taken LSD. Her ethics why was often "LSD Banana". Good Lord but I wonder how many lives were destroyed off that faulty logic.

My but how weird it was back then.

And it all goes back to Hubbard and his constant and crazy programs for the GO to do such as "the great health monolopy" where he wanted to take over the entire field of mental health or to destroy psychiatry, etc., etc. and wanted the GO to get it done for him. (Later he would throw the GO and Jane Kember and MarySue under the bus to cover his own tracks).

The whole thing was crazy starting with LRH and then filtering down through the ranks as they followed his orders and programs.

And Jane Kember was surely dedicated to getting her GO to carry out Hubbard's crazy mandates.

I also remember being in her office when David Gaiman was the Acting Guardian WW and Jane was off defending herself from US federal prosecution. I was there when the CMO mission arrived to take over the GO after getting Jane and MarySue to agree to step down.

One group of misguided idiots following the mandates of a crazy man taking over from the other.