What's new

NARCONON/ABLE plans another Australian Drug Centre

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just got home from work and checked my emails - this case has been adjourned until 25th April.

Will keep tabs on this and let you all know what's happening.

Intelligence

Silver Meritorious Patron
Just got home from work and checked my emails - this case has been adjourned until 25th April.

Will keep tabs on this and let you all know what's happening.

Thanks for the UPDATE Scooter.

I need an email address to send a 205 page Evidence document to in Australia for their review.

I just sent a similar one to the Milton, Ontario Council Staff, and the Trout Run in the USA.

153pk6f.jpg

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Am currently on holidays so sitting in a motel far from home with the family - thought I'd just drop the latest news in here for you all.:wave:

Appeal date is set for September - cult has put in its final grounds for overturning the decision to not allow cult to put a NarCONon in Yarramalong.

Cult is saying that Yarramalong will be different from East Warburton because it won't have a Withdraw step on site; all attendees will have been off drugs "for a period" before they turn up.

Also, Yarramalong will not be a "franchise" like East Warburton but I'm presuming run directly by ABLE Int (seems like NarCONon Int has been possibly disbanded and ABLE Int. is now running NarCONons directly per this submission.)

Cult has also submitted a new staff roster that has nearly a 1-1 staff-student ratio - they claim they won't need security staff now that they aren't doing Withdraws on site.:roflmao:

Somehow all of this is supposed to negate the horrible PR of NarCONon in Oz by previous and current incarnations of it.:duh:

The stuff submitted by cult isn't available on-line - it can only be accessed by going to the Wyong Council building in Wyong and looking at the dox. - something I plan to do once I get back to work. But, from what I've been told, it'll be shooting fish in a barrel to shoot this latest cult bs out of court.:woohoo:

But it seems like McSavage is incredibly desperate to get this NarCONon up and running if He's trying the above bs lines to show the "new and improved" "rehab" is soooo much whiter and brighter than the old.:footbullet:

Would love to know if this new "PR line" is mirrored at Milton, Ontario and Trout Run - anyone know?:confused2:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Am currently on holidays so sitting in a motel far from home with the family - thought I'd just drop the latest news in here for you all.:wave:

Appeal date is set for September - cult has put in its final grounds for overturning the decision to not allow cult to put a NarCONon in Yarramalong.

Cult is saying that Yarramalong will be different from East Warburton because it won't have a Withdraw step on site; all attendees will have been off drugs "for a period" before they turn up.

Also, Yarramalong will not be a "franchise" like East Warburton but I'm presuming run directly by ABLE Int (seems like NarCONon Int has been possibly disbanded and ABLE Int. is now running NarCONons directly per this submission.)

Cult has also submitted a new staff roster that has nearly a 1-1 staff-student ratio - they claim they won't need security staff now that they aren't doing Withdraws on site.:roflmao:

Somehow all of this is supposed to negate the horrible PR of NarCONon in Oz by previous and current incarnations of it.:duh:

The stuff submitted by cult isn't available on-line - it can only be accessed by going to the Wyong Council building in Wyong and looking at the dox. - something I plan to do once I get back to work. But, from what I've been told, it'll be shooting fish in a barrel to shoot this latest cult bs out of court.:woohoo:

But it seems like McSavage is incredibly desperate to get this NarCONon up and running if He's trying the above bs lines to show the "new and improved" "rehab" is soooo much whiter and brighter than the old.:footbullet:

Would love to know if this new "PR line" is mirrored at Milton, Ontario and Trout Run - anyone know?:confused2:

Thanks for the update!

Here is what I can tell you about that approach and the other Nrconons you mentioned... off the top of my hat

The Milton case went to appeals and lost recently... the improved oversight suggested and implied backfired on them.

In this Ontario Municipal Board (OMB) decision, you can see that ABLE and NNI planned to provide more oversight and claimed their contract with the facility would prove they would be hands on, and that the criteria for a facility requiring government oversight would not be needed ( when in fact the program was not even approved yet and oversight by the government is a criteria for applying for one if zoning change was to occur on their property )

The decision is amazing, how what Narconon stated in writing was used against the proposed property use by Social Betterment Properties Int and it's from group for zoning applications, West Coast Investment Properties in trying to get the zoning changed to put a Narconon there.
http://www.omb.gov.on.ca/e-decisions/pl141325-Jun-02-2015.pdf

This thread on the Milton matter provides further information
Canada Scientology going to OMB after application for Milton rehab being denied
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...plication-for-Milton-rehab-being-denied/page3

Re: Trout Run
Narconon has not come up as a point at all in the decision of the application, it's loss against Social Betterment Properties and West Coast, nor their recent appeal. But if they win the appeal ( which is unlikely ) it will become a factor when trying to get a "Group Home" facility license approved. We are prepared to keep winning every step of the way they fight to get a Narconon on the Trout Run Property.

Info SBPI's appeal of the 6-1 Frederick County Council - Maryland USA - decision against SBPI's Trout Run property getting a placement on the historic property designation register so they can change the restricted zoning to allow a Group Home on the property ( to eventually try and put a Narconon rehab there ):

Their appeal petitions didn't state why they were appealing because they have not figured out ( or conjured up ) yet any viable enough reasons to appeal it. They just filed the petitions because they only had 30 days from the date of the vote to appeal the decision. They filed it on the 30th day, which was July 1st. Lets see what tricks they try to come up with to continue to waste more tax payer money and government resources.

A couple of recent articles about this appeal...the first one below misunderstanding what the appeal is about

Scientologists Appealing Rejection Of Drug Rehab Center Plan

July 7, 2015 7:05 AM
http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/...ppealing-rejection-of-drug-rehab-center-plan/

Scientology-backed drug rehab program fights Frederick decision on property near Camp David
By Michael S. Rosenwald July 6
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...hpModule_99d5f542-86a2-11e2-9d71-f0feafdd1394

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

In the link from your post, I thought this was a key point. It seems to me that the greater burden is upon the church to stretch the allowed usage to permit a drug rehab facility. If it is true that the zoning laws do not include a definition for a rehab center, then this would be a very good time to address that deficiency. I'd also add that it would be a good time for all of Australia to update their local zoning laws for this potentiality:

'Under the Wyong LEP 1991 which was current at the time, and therefore the relevant Instrument, the proposed use can be defined as a "community facility" owing to the type of service being offered, and the mode by which that service is delivered. There is no specific definition for a drug and alcohol rehabilitation centre. A 'community facility', as defined within the LEP is a permissible use within both zones.''

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
In the link from your post, I thought this was a key point. It seems to me that the greater burden is upon the church to stretch the allowed usage to permit a drug rehab facility. If it is true that the zoning laws do not include a definition for a rehab center, then this would be a very good time to address that deficiency. I'd also add that it would be a good time for all of Australia to update their local zoning laws for this potentiality:

'Under the Wyong LEP 1991 which was current at the time, and therefore the relevant Instrument, the proposed use can be defined as a "community facility" owing to the type of service being offered, and the mode by which that service is delivered. There is no specific definition for a drug and alcohol rehabilitation centre. A 'community facility', as defined within the LEP is a permissible use within both zones.''

This came up during the hearings in the last few days.

Apparently a definition of "house" includes a group dwelling or some similar wording and the Senior Commissioner accepted ABLE's request that the proposed NarCONon be included under that definition. I don't remember the exact argument but their barrister was all over it and sounded convincing and, even more important, the Senior Commissioner was visibly in agreement with what he said. This apparently had happened previous to the current hearings.

The problem is the laws are deliberately lax to allow real estate developers to increase their already obscene profits and continue to donate large amounts to the very politicians passing the same laws. These "donations" saw several politicians from the NSW State Parliament stand aside prior to the last election due to the cash that had been funnelled into their election campaigns courtesy of said developers, despite laws to the contrary.

The problem (for the cult) is that they were so sloppy AND tardy in putting together their proposals AND they kept changing them that their own hired professional consultants ended up looking like complete idiots in the courtroom and the cult's own arguments were easily contradicted by their OWN PROMO.:duh:

And then ....

Nigel Mannock introduced the idea of BEAGLES

Yes, NarCONon at Yarramalong (if it were to be allowed to go ahead) will have a Beagle on-site 24/7. Nigel assured us all that this is not a pet but a professional working dog and he has had experience with Beagles in the past and they are great dogs.

Almost breathlessly we were informed how this dog would be trained to find contraband so that the NarCONon facility would be protected from illicit substances and that two staff would be trained in handling said Beagle in addition to their other job/s. This announcement was done yesterday at the hearing and had not been mooted before ANYWHERE.

It's typical of the insane way the cult has handled this whole saga - it's a last-minute "handling" of objections raised that the cult should have fielded and solved long before this hearing.

And it's one of many snippets that make me think Drunken Maggot is micro-managing this from His Palace. Didn't He have a Beagle that wore a Sea Org. uniform and had to be saluted?

I wonder if it will also be trained to sniff out "Out-Ethics" and "CI?"

Last edited:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
This came up during the hearings in the last few days.

Apparently a definition of "house" includes a group dwelling or some similar wording and the Senior Commissioner accepted ABLE's request that the proposed NarCONon be included under that definition. I don't remember the exact argument but their barrister was all over it and sounded convincing and, even more important, the Senior Commissioner was visibly in agreement with what he said. This apparently had happened previous to the current hearings.

The problem is the laws are deliberately lax to allow real estate developers to increase their already obscene profits and continue to donate large amounts to the very politicians passing the same laws. These "donations" saw several politicians from the NSW State Parliament stand aside prior to the last election due to the cash that had been funnelled into their election campaigns courtesy of said developers, despite laws to the contrary.

The problem (for the cult) is that they were so sloppy AND tardy in putting together their proposals AND they kept changing them that their own hired professional consultants ended up looking like complete idiots in the courtroom and the cult's own arguments were easily contradicted by their OWN PROMO.:duh:

And then ....

Nigel Mannock introduced the idea of BEAGLES

Yes, NarCONon at Yarramalong (if it were to be allowed to go ahead) will have a Beagle on-site 24/7. Nigel assured us all that this is not a pet but a professional working dog and he has had experience with Beagles in the past and they are great dogs.

Almost breathlessly we were informed how this dog would be trained to find contraband so that the NarCONon facility would be protected from illicit substances and that two staff would be trained in handling said Beagle in addition to their other job/s. This announcement was done yesterday at the hearing and had not been mooted before ANYWHERE.

It's typical of the insane way the cult has handled this whole saga - it's a last-minute "handling" of objections raised that the cult should have fielded and solved long before this hearing.

And it's one of many snippets that make me think Drunken Maggot is micro-managing this from His Palace. Didn't He have a Beagle that wore a Sea Org. uniform and had to be saluted?

I wonder if it will also be trained to sniff out "Out-Ethics" and "CI?"

Developers might want to get out in front of this if it means cities and counties will start reviewing codes. There may not need to be a conflict with developers and community interests if the code changes are narrowly defined. Obvious things like distance and access requirements to emergency services don't need to limit a legitimate "community center".

Such a code requirement would also have a greater built in community response to a zoning variance or use application because the closer a facility is to an emergency center the greater the likelihood that the population density will be higher, (and therefore more votes would be at stake).

The church targets these isolated locations in part to make it easier to maintain PR area control because there is less oversight and fewer people to fight with fewer resources but it really isn't practical for a high risk facility. From what I'm seeing that is the weak link.

It should be assumed that the degrees of separation between the key people in charge of this endeavor and DM is as thin as the skin on a beagle's nose. It should not be underestimated how personally inspired and hair-brained the planning sessions are behind this. Combined with the power of unquestioned authority - anything is possible.

"Its time to use........ The Beagle!"

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
One thing that separates Oz from the rest of the world is just how much its economy depends on housing.

4 of the 6 top companies listed on the Oz Stock exchanges are the Big 4 local banks. The other two are Telstra (the now-privatised telco that totally dominates the local market) and BHP-Billiton. Between these players, they account for nearly 50% of all money invested in shares in this country.

BHP like all other Big Dirt enterprises is doing it tough right now, and that's probably going to stay that way for a long time. They (like all the other Big Dirt players) are locked into the Chinese and Indian economies and neither of those have much use for iron, copper and the like right now. Nor coal, one of Oz's major exports.

Telstra is grossly over-priced per the experts I've read. That leaves the banks, who have relied on the ever-growing housing bubble in this country to keep going. There is a such a huge proportion of the country's wealth tied up in real estate it's astonishing. And successive governments at all levels have kept this bubble going by limiting the availability of new houses/land for housing and providing enormous tax incentives to anyone who wants to become a landlord.

Over the last few years, even wealthy Russian and Chinese investors have joined in the feeding frenzy, pushing the house prices into an unsustainable climb that only the Big Banks and the politicians ultimately benefit from. And, now that the long-running resources boom has finally and definitively gone bust, Oz produces very little else to keep the domestic economy ticking over. So you have all sorts of weird laws passed to prop up this whole charade of "wealth creation through real estate."

So you have the background where the local residents who would like to preserve their environment have been legislated out of the picture by politicians who can only see where the money is. Oz is a true Alice In Wonderland environment when it comes to this.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
GOOD NEWS !!!

Cult has been smacked down on its application for Yarramalong on MULTIPLE grounds:woohoo:

I've yet to read the full F. & R.s :)devil:) but it seems the incompetence of OSA ANZO and ABLE ANZO has shone through yet again.:roflmao:

Full report to come.:drama:

(Really important things like picking up the fruit and vegies and my daughter's homework take precedence here:biggrin:)

tetloj

I suspect a second application can be made to council that addresses all of the issues pointed out in this judgment?

And why on earth do we have to rely on planning law and guidelines to overturn clinically unfounded drug rehabilitation practices.

Is there no legal regulation or guidelines for operation of drug rehab (asking no-one in particular - just putting it out there).

Am somewhat familiar with child care regs in WA, and they are very stringent. Seems to me that drug addicts are also vulnerable and in need of protection against unscrupulous operators.

Also notice it is ABLE documented on the appeal. Is this part of the new organisation of Narconon? Wondering if we would have previously expected the party to be Narconon International.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
I suspect a second application can be made to council that addresses all of the issues pointed out in this judgment?

And why on earth do we have to rely on planning law and guidelines to overturn clinically unfounded drug rehabilitation practices.

Is there no legal regulation or guidelines for operation of drug rehab (asking no-one in particular - just putting it out there).

Am somewhat familiar with child care regs in WA, and they are very stringent. Seems to me that drug addicts are also vulnerable and in need of protection against unscrupulous operators.

Also notice it is ABLE documented on the appeal. Is this part of the new organisation of Narconon? Wondering if we would have previously expected the party to be Narconon International.

Some of the listed items could be appealed but some just can't - like the bush-fire plan. That's pretty un-appealable per the Senior Commissioner's findings. The traffic plan is another one - they would have to fess up the truth and that would open a whole can of worms that they've tried to cover up. They will have a LOT more traffic than they've told their consultants - and right there is why this application failed to be granted the appeal.

Cult has gotten so caught up in its own "acceptable truths" that it can't see that a legal mind (like the SC's) won't be swayed by anything other than provable facts. He even stated that my evidence held no weight as I may well be biased. That's about the only win I can see that the cult can take from this - my evidence wasn't acceptable.

But the SC fails to even mention Edwina's (former NN staff who apparently made a "favourable" report on NN) statement that the cult submitted, presumably for the same reason. She's biased. He takes apart Nigel Mannock's evidence quite forensically and points out all the holes in that bunch of BS. I think that was all drilled and billed beforehand and it really sounded like DM's words coming out of Nigel's mouth - it was as convoluted and confused as Shermanspeak at its nadir.

The SC deliberately steered away from the efficacy or lack thereof of the NarCONon program because he can only rule on planning issues. That was made plain to me by the Council's Legal Officer before the first day of hearings. I could only speak on planning issues as everything else was irrelevant to the Court. Sadly it's the legacy of the NeoCons getting into the State Govt. and making it hard for residents/local Councils/ environment groups/etc. to legally object to anything toxic that someone with the cash wants to pollute a property with.

From what I've read into it, the cult has Buckley's of getting an appeal up against this judgement. Not that that's going to stop DM from throwing money after pursuing one. I guess it'll depend on what the vertically challenged Drunken Maggot decides in His Scotch-induced stupor tonight, once He's thrown a tantrum and beaten up a few minions and sent some OSA ANZO and ABLE ANZO dupes to the RPF. He's stated publicly that this place will be opened and I'm guessing that he'll take this as a personal affront to His Most Stupendous OTness that His minions didn't achieve it and He'll have to do it all Hisself.

But just don't expect to see the cancerous LITTLE weasel front up to court here in Oz - He'll send in more cannon-fodder as usual.

And yes, it should have been NarCONon International but Nigel and Co. were at pains to say that ABLE Int. were taking over the whole project as the previous management (un-named but obviously NN Int and its juniors) had failed. Sort of like how OSA took over from the GO after Operation Snow White and that made everything all right.

I mean, that strategy worked out REALLY well for the cult, didn't it? :roflmao:

Anonycat

Crusader
Fantastic, Scooter!

Yes, I wonder what DM will do now. I wasn't aware that he'd announced it opening, and I can't image that he'd ever come back and say that it didn't work out, and it's not going to happen. I guess we'll know soon enough. I'm sure it will involve lawyers and another angle.

Last edited:

tetloj

Some of the listed items could be appealed but some just can't - like the bush-fire plan. That's pretty un-appealable per the Senior Commissioner's findings. The traffic plan is another one - they would have to fess up the truth and that would open a whole can of worms that they've tried to cover up. They will have a LOT more traffic than they've told their consultants - and right there is why this application failed to be granted the appeal.

I'm not thinking of appeal, but the possibility they can apply back to Yarramalong council, while addressing all of the shortfalls.

Hopefully that is just not possible with thinks like traffic - that if they were being honest it could never get off the ground.

Thanks for your excellent reportage throughout Scooter! :clap:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm not thinking of appeal, but the possibility they can apply back to Yarramalong council, while addressing all of the shortfalls.

Hopefully that is just not possible with thinks like traffic - that if they were being honest it could never get off the ground.

Thanks for your excellent reportage throughout Scooter! :clap:

They can put in another DA: in fact, I was told today that that is all that they can do as there is no legal mechanism for the cult to take this appeal any further.

But the appeal judgement makes it pretty plain that any future DA stands to fail on at least Fire and Sewerage issues as the Senior Commissioner left no wriggle room on either of those issues. so the only sensible option is to get another property and try on that.

But we are talking Demented Midget and His minions here so any insanity is possible.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
They can put in another DA: in fact, I was told today that that is all that they can do as there is no legal mechanism for the cult to take this appeal any further.

But the appeal judgement makes it pretty plain that any future DA stands to fail on at least Fire and Sewerage issues as the Senior Commissioner left no wriggle room on either of those issues. so the only sensible option is to get another property and try on that.

But we are talking Demented Midget and His minions here so any insanity is possible.

Do you think the zoning restrictions would also be problematic?

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Do you think the zoning restrictions would also be problematic?

Yes, but not insurmountably so. The cult's barrister did make a good effort to get around that one and maybe a very good DA would make enough of a case to see that barrier removed.

But, this being $cientology that we are talking about, the culties would find a way to sabotage that. Just like they sabotaged all of their "expert" consultants - who wound up looking like idiots under cross-examination.