What's new

NARCONON/ABLE plans another Australian Drug Centre

JustSheila

Crusader
Congratulations Scooter, Bryan Seymour and Wyong Council and Yarramalong Residents!!

Congratulations Aussies! You ROCK! :rock:

congratulations-047.gif

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader

:hysterical: :hysterical:

Wow, ABLE had some really incompetent people drawing up those plans or they were aware from the start they were outright lying.

Wyong Council was kind and gratuitous attributing all of this to error rather than outright fraud.

I can't see how they can get around the Bushfire hazard comments at all with the reasons given. The land is simply not adequate to use it for that type of facility.

This is really exceptional work by the Council. Clearly a fair amount of expert hours and evaluation has been spent on this.

Very nice. :thumbsup:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Apparently the cult have gone quiet at Yarramalong and only the caretakers have been visible. Nothing is happening to the property at all.:no:

Funnily enough, I opened my local paper (The Lakes Mail) a few days ago and right across the top of page 2 was the story of how the cult got bitch-slapped big-time in court.:woohoo:

This is the paper that gets delivered to all the residents of our area, including some sciloons who live a few k.s away from us.:yes:

Wonder what shore story OSA ANZO has spun to them about this "victory?":roflmao:

Can't wait to find out.:hysterical:

Jump

Operating teatime
Land and Environment Court upholds council refusal of drug and alcohol centre in Yarramalong
By David Stewart
Dec. 5, 2015, 6:34 a.m.

THE Land and Environment Court has upheld Wyong Shire Council's decision to refuse a development application from an organisation with links to the Church of Scientology for a drug and alcohol facility in Yarramalong.

Council originally refused the DA in April, 2014.

The applicant, Association for Better Living and Education Inc (ABLE), appealed that decision in the court.

The court dismissed the appeal on the grounds ABLE failed to address concerns of residents about adverse social impacts, and the site not being suitable due to bushfire risk.

Council said the court also noted a '’lack of information provided'’ relating to sewage disposal, flooding risks, adequate water supply, traffic impacts and the works required to develop buildings on the site never been approved.

The DA sought to change the use of a number of existing buildings on the site, on Rose Hill Lane, in order to run a Narconon rehabilitation and life skills program for up to 20 participants.

The Narconon program involves an initial detoxification followed by an education and life skills course spanning several months during which time participants would reside permanently at the facility.

The program has attracted controversy as it is based on an approach to substance abuse treatment promoted by the Church of Scientology.

Mayor Doug Eaton said the landmark decision was a major win for residents.

more...

... noice :)

JustSheila

Crusader
Merry Christmas, Yarramalong Residents!
merry-christmas-5387.gif

Santa's come a bit early, but certainly left you a whopper of a goody! Have a peaceful, joyful season and celebration, everyone!

Jump

Operating teatime
I must say, the Land and Environment Court is generally a developers' picnic. They push through any project that has been obstructed by local nimby concerns.

The defence team must have worked hard and worked well to get this victory :thumbsup:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just been alerted to this:

http://boards.4chan.org/hr/thread/2737015

I spoke to some residents several days ago by phone and learnt some interesting things about the latest cult adventures in Yarramalong. But I wasn't expecting to do anything with it as it's all still unfolding and I was waiting to see if Wee Slappy McSavage made it up there this coming weekend as He's rumoured to be planning.:woohoo:

Waiting to see if that dungeon makes an appearance:drama:

What would Slappy do with a BDSM room on a NarCONon?:hmm:

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Just been alerted to this:

http://boards.4chan.org/hr/thread/2737015

I spoke to some residents several days ago by phone and learnt some interesting things about the latest cult adventures in Yarramalong. But I wasn't expecting to do anything with it as it's all still unfolding and I was waiting to see if Wee Slappy McSavage made it up there this coming weekend as He's rumoured to be planning.:woohoo:

Waiting to see if that dungeon makes an appearance:drama:

What would Slappy do with a BDSM room on a NarCONon?:hmm:

Why he would invite his BFF Tom in and 50 shades of gray will become very blue indeed.....

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Now there's pix of asbestos laying around the place - that should be enough to close the place down at least partially until a full invest is done and the affected areas cordoned off and the asbestos removed.

:roflmao:

:hysterical:

:dieslaughing:

Better hurry there, Drunken Maggot - before WorkCover close the place off.:woohoo:

(WorkCover is the government body that overseas safety reg.s etc. across Oz. It has the power to enter and inspect ANY property that may be having work done on it.)

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've had a look at this thread. It's pretty good.

I'm busy at the moment, but later I will trim down some of these photos and put them in a zip. If legit, this is pretty classic.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
We COULD verify it by asking Michael Gordon, Legal OSA ANZO, as HE'S been there several times. When there was a reconciliation hearing on-site (detailed earlier in this thread) Michael was there being Security and tried (and failed badly) to get Ben McCormack from Channel 9 to leave. :yes:

Cameras kept rolling, Ben told him a polite "No" and Michael slunk away.:bigcry:

Maybe Michael got sent to the Dungeon for his lack of products.:roflmao:

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've downloaded and reduced these pics, the originals are huge. These pics are of the dungeon in the property allegedly purchased by Scientology in Yarramalong. Text is from original.

Background: These photos were leaked on 4chan (the site which started the anonymous raids in 2008). The thread is still up. Someone claiming to be OSA has posted photos allegedly of the Yarramalong property purchased by Scientology.

Some of the photos are consistent with online photos of Yarramalong. I've scraped the thread of all images and screen capped the entire thing because 4chan is an image board and the threads disappear when not bumped. This was posted in HR (Hi Res) which is the only place you can put high res images on 4chan and of course, you can post Anonymously on 4chan.

The photos are unconfirmed as yet, but my gut tells me this is for real. It is Thursday before 2 PM and David Miscavige is coming to town. My guess is DM will be personally RPFing some Sydney staffers.

b55yyw.jpg

This is David Miscavige's bondage room.

2hhfy8l.jpg

This here is the toilet.

1125v6d.jpg

It's an interesting faucet ain't it?

That faucet is for internal use only. Heh Heh.

When they bought the place, I don't think David Miscavige knew what was in it. I'm figuring someone is going into the RPF over this one.

2h2k37s.jpg

If someone resists, you can rope them pretty good with these.

I guess he'll use them on his wife.

ixr4gg.jpg

I'm guessing these are for more of that Japanese style rope work that David Miscavige is known for.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Gonna dump what I learnt about Yarramalong about a week ago then go to bed - will look at photo dump in the morning.

There's a real estate appraisal been done - says the property in its current state is worth $1.5 million MAX. Cult paid $3.6 mill. for it and then-resident Ron Lee even phoned Dundas to tell them they were getting ripped off. He spoke to Michael Gordon (there's that name again) and told him that the property was worth $2.4 tops in his opinion.

Wonder if Michael wrote that up?

There's an illegal bridge built across the river that the cult want to use as an access. Previous owner put it there to take go-karts across the creek to a racetrack he'd thrown together on the river flats. Cult want trucks to drive onto the floodplain, unload and take deliveries by hand across this bridge. Also want to put in a carpark on the floodplain for all other motor vehicles and ALL people entering the place would go across this bridge - did I mention the bridge is illegal and should never have been put there?

This apparently is what the cult are putting in a new DA for the site, as their access at the moment (that potholed road in one of the pictures - I've done some TV there) is on someone else's property and so subject to various conditions that the cult don't like.

There is somewhere on the lowest part of the property (in front of the "barn") that has an illegal transpiration pit for sewerage in it. This is where the floodwaters hit first - remember, this waterway supplies 80% of what used to be Wyong Shire's water supplies. And NarCONon sewerage would be contaminating it every flood (I think there were 12 last year alone.)

There is asbestos all over the property. So one source said. One of the photos shows that. My source said the stuff is "everywhere."

Cult have obviously allowed this property to disintergrate since they bought it. And they could've held off on the sale until a DA was approved and they would've gotten their deposit back in full had they waited until the DA got knocked back - nothing would've been lost by the cult. But no - they settled a few days before the original DA decision that knocked their plans back.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
These are the images that make me think this is for real.

This is what Scientology managed property looks like.

I will upload a few more tonight, as many as I can tomorrow and the rest over the weekend.

I will create a zip with all the files on it.

29vcbr6.jpg

ekg77r.jpg

2v1xnbl.jpg

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Again - text from the original.

jkj39e.jpg

In one part, you can see they have put up a plank to stop the roof from falling down.

pn56o.jpg

Here it is without the plank.

ix5i09.jpg

And a closeup.

a9u1kw.jpg

Now if I was to open that white door above, what would I see?

2iuoaw.jpg

Those pillows don't look too good.

30rwh1l.jpg

This step looks pretty bad too. It's all bent down and busted up.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
We COULD verify it by asking Michael Gordon, Legal OSA ANZO, as HE'S been there several times. When there was a reconciliation hearing on-site (detailed earlier in this thread) Michael was there being Security and tried (and failed badly) to get Ben McCormack from Channel 9 to leave. :yes:

Cameras kept rolling, Ben told him a polite "No" and Michael slunk away.:bigcry:

Maybe Michael got sent to the Dungeon for his lack of products.:roflmao:

We'll have to ask him before he's on the RPF again.