What's new

Narconon Georgia - Judge Imposes Harsh Sanctions

OperatingSP

Patron with Honors
Cross-post from WWP: https://forums.whyweprotest.net/com...georgia-judge-imposes-harsh-sanctions.106355/

https://forums.whyweprotest.net/com...t-narconon-with-most-severe-sanctions.106354/

BREAKING NEWS!

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/judge-imposes-harsh-sanctions-on-norcross-drug-tre/nS2fH/

By Christian Boone
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

In a rare move, a DeKalb County state judge has withdrawn a Norcross drug treatment facility’s response to allegations in a wrongful death lawsuit filed by a former patient’s parents.

Judge Stacey K. Hydrick said in a court order Nov. 5 that Narconon of Georgia “intentionally, willfully and repeatedly provided false and misleading responses to plaintiff’s discovery requests regarding issues relevant to the resolution of this case.”

Narconon “repeatedly failed to produce, and on multiple occasions falsely denied the existence of clearly relevant, responsive documents and information,” Hydrick wrote.

As a result, the allegations against Narconon will essentially go unanswered, which will be to the suing parents’ advantage.

<Snip; click the link guys>

Last edited by a moderator:

OperatingSP

Patron with Honors
https://forums.whyweprotest.net/com...th-most-severe-sanctions.106354/#post-2217450
TWO NEWS Stories on this already
smile.png

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/judge-imposes-harsh-sanctions-on-norcross-drug-tre/nS2fH/

AND:

http://www.dailyreportonline.com/Pu...ientologylinked_rehab&slreturn=20121008190531

SNIP:
The punishment means that allegations contained in the complaint will be deemed to be true when the case goes to trial in February, said plaintiffs attorney Jeffrey Harris.

Harris said Narconon's discovery abuse was "so pervasive and so bad."

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Courts getting tired of scientology's and it's front groups' legal evasiveness and buffoonery.

Delicious news. :clap:

Anonycat

Crusader
This is wonderful news. Thanks to everyone who contributed to the closing of Narconon, and supporting the family in this case! Does anyone have a stat on how many documents were presented?

Dang, you can't open a folder anymore without some falling out.

Here's an e-mail Roy Brock of Narconon wrote:

_________

Program for the Handling of getting the ED on post and gettint to Phase II:

October 12, 2007

Situation:

There has been a long standing situation with the ED holding all the exec structure himself and phase I in the Div 6 area. Org Program #1 has never been in place. The ED post has been in a constant cope and overload that resulted in Melodie coming back into the practice to salvage on a roller-coaster basis. Because the Danger condition has not been handled completely the rise from each crisis has been smaller and smaller and the slavage actions have been getting harder and harder.

While the structure needs to be put in place the viability of the practice has to maintain and continue to increase. This is going to be hard to do when there is not execs to over see all the parts of the company.

The major departure from the ideal scene has been the promo has stopped working suddenly and has not been recovered or debugged. This has been the situation for over a year, the main feeding line to the practice has been cut and has put strain on all the rest of the practice. So, there are two major areas that have to be handled at one time.

1) Get the viability up into survival range as fast as possible.

2) Build an internal organization that can maintain and hold any and all gains gotten. Without threatening the viability that has just been created.

3) Get an ED on post that is now overseeing the entire company and is planning and getting into effect programs that continue the future of
the company.

The Plus Points:
The product is needed and wanted by the public from all indications.
The public pay cash and the profit margin is high. Not a lot of Billing and Collections personnel are needed to collect the income.

The company has had workable promo that did fill the organization with public, even with delivery bugs.

A lot of the systems have been designed and are in place.
With the promo not being debugged the stats have started to increase from the out flow and the attention on the quality of service being delivered. There has been an increase of the number of referrals coming patients that are currently on the lines.

The Handling:
The following are going to be PRIMARY Targets that will need projects for each. The Vital targets and Operating targets will need to be figured out for each.

I) The first thing that has to be handled is filling the Workshop.

Go over the reference HCOPL Marketing Series 3, The Marketing Hat. Check each point and get them in.

Ia) Use any promo that has worked in the past and get it in front of the public.
Ib) Make a pilot project for each medium that is being used and track the effectiveness of what is being done. Continue this even if the numbers go up on the workshop and find as many outlets for the promo as possible. That way if there is a bug or change with the medium there are still avenues for the promo without starting from scratch again.

Ic) Make a stat for each medium and track it.
Id) Do constant surveys of the public and find out what is bringing them in the door and what the buttons are.

Ie) Make a hat for the promo post and get it into a binder so no successfull actions and debugs get lost and the hat can be turned over on
the Marketing and continue.
If) Cope with the delivery of the workshop and the rest of Div 6.

Read the HCOPL "Held from Above Double-Hatting." Org Series 38. This has been the reference that has been out without the execs on post. Also read HCOPL "Subproduct How to Compile a Subproduct List" Org Series 37-1. With the subproduct list for the front desk the bugs in this area should be working themselves out and real products gotten.
Read HCOPL "Making an Executive" Exec Series 1, use this reference in getting the first of the execs on post and working out what they are suppose to be doing and producing.

II) Get one person in charge of the front desk and posted. Start to unload that part of the office and get the exec handling as much as possible.

a) Decide if the front desk is going to be under the OES post as tech reception or the HES post as reception. With Melodie in charge of the tech quality you may be able to post the Front Desk Exec as the OES in coordination with the Dr. in charge of tech quality. this is something that has to be looked at and decided on how it would work in your practice and what has been successfull in the past. The point is get at least one of the three execs on post as fast as you can and get them functioning over a particular area.

a-1) Read the referrence HCOB Physically ILL PCs and Pre-OTs. The reason for this, it states the state of mind that the patient will be in. With that in mind, the drilling of the front desk is to take that in consideration when handling a particular patient. Also the referrence "Tone level of the auditor needed to handle the case." in the Science of Survival chart. This tells you the tone level that is needed for the office that will make the patient feel better without treatment. If the patient feels better when they come to the office it is much more likely that scheduling will be a lot easier and compliance will be more in. I would not have the girls in the front read these referrences only make sure the drilling comply with these references.

b) Once you have them posted. Then name the particular product that is needed and wanted from that post. Get a stat for it.

c) Then name the subproducts that have to be gotten to get that product.

d) Have the girls at the front drill at least once a week or more, drill how to get the subproducts and products and debug what is found on getting these products.

e) make up the stats that are needed for the sub product and have the exec keep and report them. Do not assume that the stat is correct unless it proves itself out. Keep debugging this until there is something workable that will drive the front desk and get the patients scheduled like they need to be.

Now start looking for the next exec to post, either HES or OES.

Make the subproduct list for that post and workout the products that are needed. Figure out what are the vital functions of the area and how many people are needed to handle the demand. Keep the fiances in mind when doing the hiring and keep the production up.

Use HCOPL How To Organize an Org, Org Series 3. Read this reference and keep it in mind when you are doing this cycle. This cycle would be done three times with the three main areas that are being addressed. First the HES post as there is someone in place and the recruitment and pay does not have to be worked out, just get the person who is there wearing the exec hat and doing this cycle on her own area.

Then do the same thing with the OES post. The reason this is being recommended is the PES post is key to the fiances and needs to remain successfull while the rest of the org is getting up and running. But if a real PES does show up and is ready to go and the company can afford to hire the person, don't let the secqence be the stop. Do what is best with the resources you have.

The third exec to be hired would be the PES. It may have to be done in a gradient with only getting them fully groove in on a liitle of the area at a time. This is going to depend on the ability of the person hired and how fast they can take and handle the post without loosing any ground that has been won. Keep the Org Series 3 referrence in and going. Make sure you make the hats that are recommended because if you lose one of these guys while the cycle is happening, having the hat will get the replacement in place faster. Also get these guys drilled on the org board as it is being worked out and keep the drilling in. The Doctors should also get drilled on the various hats and post so they understand how things are being set up and keeps the dev-t down.

Then create and get on the ED post and keep the company put together and working. Handle the fiances yourself and do not turn that part over. Melodie should be able to handle the Quality Assurance are on a part time basis even before all this is done and up and going. The Org Board completed as well as the subproduct list and hats would be able to be duplicated. A Full Phase II would then be possible without a major loss of income.

The Time line on this:

When I was at Narconon getting a person on post and functioning would take about three to four months once they understood the basics of the hat. One of the things I would do is constantly give them the hat and make them handle whatever it is that is happening, and then correct it if needed after it happened. A lot of times the person does not do the cycle the way I would have but gets the product. If the product was gotten then there is no need to correct or bypass the person on the cycle. If I had to bypass all the time and the person made more work for me by being there then when they weren't, I started looking for someone else. Find something this person would do well and have them do that. Then find an exec.

I would enforce the person doing the conditions in his area and assign conditions in his area. I may not have them write it up and check the write up over, but would check to see if the condition is being applied and if all steps are being applied. If things were not showing improvement then I would get with the person and make sure there is a correct condition being assigned and applied. If I found that the exec themselves had a lower condition or Non-E or something I had them handle it fast like in a day or so, drop it the minute things were on the right track and have them get on with it. I found that the longer the ethics cycle went on the more off post the exec got and the harder it got to get them back on the track. If it wasn't sorted out fast most of the time I was loosing the person to some other situation or dynamic and needed to bring the next person up and get them going.

I validated the shit out of good works and high stats. Even if there was no money. I would hold their post and give a day off, I would buy them something with my own money or take them to diner, as a matter of fact the other staff who did not have the up-stat was invited but I would tell them I am buying dine for ____ , they are wellcome to come along but it is for _____.

Doing it this way I would say about 6 months you should have a lot of the post off your plate. The more you drill and keep it on a schedule the faster the cycle will really go. By this time next year the whole cycle could be in place and ready. In 6 months I would think with no major bugs you would feel the relief as long as the Marketing Bug gets handle and the workshop is filling up and those lines stay moving in the right direction.

Roy Brock

Anonycat

Crusader
DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. —

The family of a man who died while under the care of a local drug treatment facility won a huge court victory this week.

DeKalb County State Court Judge Stacey Hydrick issued sanctions against Narconon of Georgia, finding the program's director lied under oath and hid evidence.

"There's really nothing else that a judge can do that's stronger than what the judge has done here," said attorney Jeff Harris.

Harris is representing the family of Patrick Desmond, who died in 2008 after trying heroin for the first time.

<SNIP>

More at link;http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/dekalb-judge-sanctions-narconon-georgia/nS2mB/

Last edited by a moderator:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
This is terrific news. Been waiting for a while for this to come down the pike. The evidence is overwhelming and I am glad that the judge did an excellent job, and did what needed to be done.

The attorneys for the plaintiff, a big team headed by Jeff Harris, have been working diligently to expose the dangers of the Narconon program itself, Narconon of Georgia and Narconon International - who you will hear more about as the case proceeds.

Note to those who copied articles from the media here in this thread:

Besides preventing the publisher and author of these articles posted here in this thread from seeing the interest in the article ( hits to a link = stats for them and likelihood the story will get more coverage ) it is illegal to copy whole articles and post them on this forum or anywhere else on the internet. We don't need problems with the media or with copyright infringements here on ESMB so in the future, if you can't edit down the posts, I suggest you please use FAIR USE clips of each and refer people to the link.

Thanks!

shadow

Patron with Honors
This explains the sudden push of old Kristie Alley "NN saved my life" PR that was pulled out of the dust bin for yet another PR push to distract attention from the real news. The only place this ploy works any more, is in DM's tiny imaginary world.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Here's an e-mail Roy Brock of Narconon wrote:
Because the Danger condition has not been handled completely the rise from each crisis has been smaller and smaller and the slavage actions have been getting harder and harder.

No doubt. :)

Paul

Intelligence

Silver Meritorious Patron
Court Sanctions Scientology Rehab – Defence Crumbling

http://www.examiner.com/article/court-sanctions-scientology-rehab-defence-crumbling

SNIPS:

It is clear to many, that these deaths are not isolated incidents, as Scientology so often claims when being investigated. In fact, there is a recorded history of fifteen patient deaths while attending Narconons around the globe dating back to 1984 in France, and subsequent years in Germany, Italy, Holland, and three deaths at Narconon Arrowhead, Oklahoma in 2012.

“Why are these patients dying while being treated inside Narconon”, I heard from a concerned citizen this morning. “How can this be happening in the United States?” Many are dumfounded as to why the health and government authorities allow such dangerous, negligent practices.

It appears that victims, media, and the public, are no longer in fear of Scientology’s harassment and overt intimidation of those who speak out and report the atrocities inside the secret cult rehab centers. Scientology is now facing exposure in present time - - in the public courtyards of justice, with apparently no end in sight.

MORE HERE:
http://www.examiner.com/article/court-sanctions-scientology-rehab-defence-crumbling

Anonycat

Crusader
Breaking news yesterday of Judge Stacey Hydrick sanctioning Narconon of Georgia received cheers from far and wide. Narconon Executive Director Mary Rieser was caught lying under oath in as many as ten depositions. Judge Hydrick concluded that, when she asked Riser on the stand about the omissions and false declarations, Narconon’s leader was simply not credible in her responses - - failing to tell the truth.

lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath

Last edited:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Practicing OSA orders as required by David Miscavige I would assume . Does that make him culpable under USA law? I thought such things were considered territory of the FBI and USA Department of Justice? But I could be mistaken as the "Church of Scientology" has never been betrayed the USA and it's citizens before.:wink2:

I think a nice headline would be the Hemet-Columbian connection. Better than the Iran-contra one.

Breaking news yesterday of Judge Stacey Hydrick sanctioning Narconon of Georgia received cheers from far and wide. Narconon Executive Director Mary Rieser was caught lying under oath in as many as ten depositions. Judge Hydrick concluded that, when she asked Riser on the stand about the omissions and false declarations, Narconon’s leader was simply not credible in her responses - - failing to tell the truth.

lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath lying under oath