ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Narconon in Hastings, Today.

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Sharone Stainforth, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Sharone Stainforth

Sharone Stainforth Silver Meritorious Patron

Today I had a little reccie around Albany Road, St. Leonards on sea, the home of Narconon based at Caple ne Ferne. For some time I have liked to keep an eye on what is going on and today I was not disappointed. Caple ne Ferne, 2 Albany Road, St. Leonards on sea has now got a planning notice up outside the building. Detailing conversion into two dwellings. Upon further investigation the giant yellow skip parked outside the building and the various broken windows that have been boarded over, it apparently seemed Narconon had moved out.

http://www.hastings.gov.uk/environment_planning/planning/view_planning_apps/case_detail/?id=99537

It wasn't until I went around the corner to 40 Pevensey Road, a building which backs onto Caple ne Ferne, I noticed several individuals chucking furniture, and office equipment out of the building. I called one young man over for a chat, to find out what was going on. After a lengthy conversation of denial and excuses for his co workers being there, he finally admitted Narconon UK was still operating in full capacity from 40 Pevensey Road, St. Leonards on sea.

Initially the young man said he was just clearing the place out, to which I replied "Did Narconon still own the property," to which he replied, "they only leased it". Continuing the conversation, the young man said he had dealings with Narconon in the past and gave an account of the good success rate of Narconon of which was an 80% success rate and all the good things they had done. At this point I realised the poor kid was completely brainwashed and told him I had grown up in Scientology as a young child with L. Ron Hubbard on the ships and his reply was "Oh WOW!" and I continued to say I
    would not rest till all Scientology and it's front groups like Narconon were shut down. I asked him what he knew about David Miscavige, he gulped and stuttered " not very much but I know of him" to which I answered that he should find out about David Miscavige, because he Is a nasty piece of work. The young man's eye's had glazed over and I realised the conversation had come to an end. In leaving number 40 Pevensey Road, the young man walked away and I noticed he pulled his mobile out of his pocket so I made a hasty retreat knowing that Narconon was still in full operation in Hastings.

2. ethercat

ethercat Cat in flight

Nice report, thanks. I always want to hear what's up with narconon in various places. Hope that young man's curiosity will get the best of him and he'll look up David Miscavige on the net.

3. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

Maybe there needs to be a new "Battle of Hastings" - Narconon vs. the truth.

4. JohnMccMaster

JohnMccMaster Patron with Honors

Great work Sharone. And wonderful to see your article in the paper too. Very courageous.:yes:

5. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

You are amazing Sharone!

6. Thalkirst

Thalkirst Patron with Honors

Just in!

Apparently, Narconon UK went bankrupt in July 2012.

They are still negotiating with their creditors and offering a very ethical 16.9 p for each pound owed...

DOX:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Thank you! So glad to get this confirmation!! Another Narconon DOWN!! :thumbsup:

8. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

This Narconon UK?: http://www.narcononuk.org

Surely it's just a piddly little branch that went tits up. I had a brief look on the NNUK site to see if they had a bunch of branches listed, but gave up after 5 minutes.

Paul

9. Thalkirst

Thalkirst Patron with Honors

No, sorry, you are right, it was Narconon London, not the entire UK branch.

10. Nurse Pinch

Nurse Pinch Patron with Honors

I could be wrong, but it looks like once the offer is accepted by the creditors, the bankruptcy will be annulled - the money for settlement is being offered by a third party, not the operation itself. It just means, that it will be as if the bankruptcy never happened.

Pinchy.

11. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Long gone.... :clap:

Hastings Borough Council.

RESOLVED – That the minutes of the meeting held on 14 August 2013 be
    approved and signed by the Chair as a true record.

PLANNING COMMITTEE
    11 SEPTEMBER 2013

CAPLE NE FERNE, 2 ALBANY ROAD (FA)
    Proposed conversion to form eight self contained
    flats. (Application HS/LB/13/00343 also applies)

The Development Manager reported on an application for the change of use of part ofCaple Ne Ferne to form eight self contained flats together with internal alterations; the provision of parking facilities and landscape works.
    The site is located within the Markwick Terace Conservation Area and adjoins residential properties 38 and 40 Pevensey Road to the north and north east, 8 Albany Road and four dwellings at Caple gardens to the northeast. The wider area is predominantly residential.

The site is a large detached building and parking area situated within a large garden area. The building was formally a drug/alcohol rehab
    ilitation treatment centre. The building ranges from mainly two to three storeys but includes a central four storey section with a balcony at third floor level. The parking area is located to the north western side of the site alongside the entrance from Albany Road. The site occupies
    a corner plot and is screened by a wall, trees and hedges

PC.80
    C:\Hastings\Data\Committ\IntranetOLD\Planning\20130911\Agenda\$gmou
    fwy5.docH:\DemServices\ComAdmin\Planning
    Committee\Minutes\Minutes (11 09 2013).doc

. CAPLE NE FERNE, 2 ALBANY ROAD (LB)
    PC.84
    C:\Hastings\Data\Committ\IntranetOLD\Planning\20130911\Agenda\$gmou
    fwy5.docH:\DemServices\ComAdmin\Planning
    Committee\Minutes\Minutes (11 09 2013).doc