What's new

Narconon International Vanishes! (but not before they leave behind some documents ;)

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
An amazing story over at the Bunker this morning.

Narconon Int is being dismantled!

They abandoned an office a few weeks ago at 4652 Hollywood Boulevard and left some docs behind which ended up in the hands of Mark Ebner! :biggrin:

Mark Ebner finds Scientology’s rubbish again as Narconon International vanishes!

One of our better sources said it to us several months ago, and it was so startling, we really weren’t sure what to make of it.

“Narconon International is being dismantled,” he told us.

Hang on. Narconon International, the Scientology umbrella group that oversees and licenses all Narconon rehab centers around the world, which sits just under another Scientology umbrella group, the Association for Better Living and Education (ABLE), is going away? What made him think so?

This source of ours has connections deep inside the Narconon network, and they told him that Scientology leader David Miscavige was shaking up the way Narconon has been governed for decades. And we couldn’t really blame him. Narconon, in the last few years, has rapidly gone from one of Scientology’s most reliable moneymakers to one of its biggest liabilities. Patient deaths, government investigations, and dozens of lawsuits have rocked the rehab network and the troubles only seem to be increasing. A shakeup of some sort was probably inevitable.

We reported, for example, that during this year’s New Year’s Eve celebration, Miscavige revealed that he’s opening up an entirely new set of Narconon facilities in countries where oversight is probably going to be more lax. And he made no mention of Narconon Arrowhead in Oklahoma, which has long been the network’s flagship center, but is seriously hurting after several recent deaths and numerous lawsuits.

The rehab centers — 100 of them in 30 different countries — are all licensed by Narconon International, which is run by Clark Carr, a former comedian and a longtime Scientologist.

Carr has been hitting back at some of Narconon’s bad news with press releases and videos, some featuring him sitting at his desk at Narconon International’s office at 4652 Hollywood Boulevard in the Los Feliz neighborhood of Los Angeles (see photo, above).

We knew our source was well placed, but we found his news hard to assimilate. Surely Clark Carr and Narconon International weren’t going anywhere, right?

<snip>

Full Story: http://tonyortega.org/2015/02/09/ma...s-narconon-international-vanishes/#more-20191

Last edited:

Northern Shewolf

Patron Meritorious
Re: Narconon International Vanishes! (but not before they leave behind some documents

There you go! We all knew that the increasing load of lawsuits would force a manoeuvre from top.
They will rampage somewhere outside the EU and North America.
That will not make all their bad PR go away...nor resolution on biggest suits necessarily fade-out.
Plus so much more negative pub on its way....lol:eyeroll:.....

betskand

Patron with Honors
Re: Narconon International Vanishes! (but not before they leave behind some documents

An amazing story over at the Bunker this morning.

Narconon Int is being dismantled!

They abandoned an office a few weeks ago at 4652 Hollywood Boulevard and left some docs behind which ended up in the hands of Mark Ebner! :biggrin:

AND don't fail to listen to Tony's radio interview on a Canadian drug-intervention radio program. I learned several new things from it. And Mike Rinder's blog today (not connected with Narconon) is also good.

Thanks, lil sailor-squirrel! (Still my all-time favorite avatar.)

:thankyou:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron

There is the possibility that they've moved due to being unable to pay the rent/been evicted. I'm fairly sure the entity "NN Int" will still be actually "functioning" somewhere in Hollywood.

But I love that they left behind a whole bunch of lulz in the way of KRs etc etc.

Someone is going to be in DEEP SHIT for that:biggrin:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

There is the possibility that they've moved due to being unable to pay the rent/been evicted. I'm fairly sure the entity "NN Int" will still be actually "functioning" somewhere in Hollywood.

But I love that they left behind a whole bunch of lulz in the way of KRs etc etc.

I noticed that Narconon's website is still showing that Hollywood Blvd address as their contact address, despite that they've moved out weeks ago:

narconon_zpsnfea7hrt.jpg

Warning: Official Scientology Website!
http://www.narconon.org/contact-us.htm

Tony O did say...
"One of our better sources said it to us several months ago, and it was so startling, we really weren’t sure what to make of it.

“Narconon International is being dismantled,” he told us.

Hang on. Narconon International, the Scientology umbrella group that oversees and licenses all Narconon rehab centers around the world, which sits just under another Scientology umbrella group, the Association for Better Living and Education (ABLE), is going away? What made him think so?

This source of ours has connections deep inside the Narconon network, and they told him that Scientology leader David Miscavige was shaking up the way Narconon has been governed for decades. "

Full Post: http://tonyortega.org/2015/02/09/ma...s-narconon-international-vanishes/#more-20191

Maybe they're making major changes in an attempt to minimize their legal (and financial) responsibility for the ongoing 40+ narconon lawsuits, plus the likely hundreds to follow.

Northern Shewolf

Patron Meritorious

Right! Now what is Damned Misshisbitch's gonna say in his $ciloon events elucubrations about saving the planet from drugz.....maybe a missing link in $ciloonery's usual grandiose worldwide vertical expansion, lulz....too funny.....maybe footbullet for grand assembly of $ciloons who may thus experience cognitive dissonance...lulzz! :biggrin:
And Carr left his bat behind...much hurry lol!

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

Right! Now what is Damned Misshisbitch's gonna say in his $ciloon events elucubrations about saving the planet from drugz.....maybe a missing link in $ciloonery's usual grandiose worldwide vertical expansion, lulz....too funny.....maybe footbullet for grand assembly of $ciloons who may thus experience cognitive dissonance...lulzz! :biggrin:

Miscavige isn't going to back off on his claims about saving the planet from drugs; that's just not in his playbook.

On the contrary, he'll have stories at the next event on how their stats in that regard are reaching highest ever levels.

If he has to he'll announce changes to the management structure (necessitated by infiltration of the Narconon network by SP's with known connections to the Psychs, Big Pharma, and the Marcabians.)

And he'll share some successes with their other front groups including Foundation for a Drug-free World.

But he won't ever let those inside the bubble know that the sky is falling, even if it is.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Well, if they're trying to hide stuff . . . .

The Internet Archive (at http://archive.org) keeps copies of old web pages to some extent. The website owner can prevent archiving by using a normal robots.txt file. You can read NN Int's file at http://www.narconon.org/robots.txt, and spend happy hours wondering why they don't want those pages archived! Note that they won't get archived but you can access them right now on the site.

There's a site map available at http://www.narconon.org/szw/ showing (I think) all 1000+ pages, with categorised page titles and links. There's a proper sitemap in XML format at http://www.narconon.org/sitemap.xml, with 1868 linked page URLs.

Paul

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

Great article! It's also about yet another abuse at Narconon with this interesting comment:

Here’s why this letter is so devastating. Narconon is under siege right now because so many non-Scientology addicts and their parents are suing because they were told they would receive individualized drug counseling and instead received Scientology training.

But in this case, Scientology training as part of rehab was exactly what this father was expecting when he sent his daughter there. Not only would he not have objected to Narconon’s program if it were delivered correctly, but even if he were unhappy, as a longtime and loyal Scientologist he would never sue the program, and we would never normally hear about his complaints.
http://tonyortega.org/2015/02/09/ma...ish-again-as-narconon-international-vanishes/

MrNobody

Who needs merits?

From a business point of view, dissolving NN Int is actually exactly the right move: "If your business is shrinking, remove any unnecessary 'middle layers'". Less middle layers, less costs, less time to process; therefore more money can stream faster to the top.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron

From a business point of view, dissolving NN Int is actually exactly the right move: "If your business is shrinking, remove any unnecessary 'middle layers'". Less middle layers, less costs, less time to process; therefore more money can stream faster to the top.

I wonder can the US Govt can still pursue Scientology after Narconon has been dissolved.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?

I wonder can the US Govt can still pursue Scientology after Narconon has been dissolved.

Pursue for what?

However, it'd be kinda difficult to dissolve NarCONon completely, IMHO. Especially after the middle layer NarCONon International has been
dissolved - because when there is no more big, non-moving target, all that's left are a bunch of single NarCOnon facilities scattered all over the world and these single businesses are flexible and can open, close and re-open anywhere, anytime.

However, so far the dissolving of NN Int is still a rumor AFAIK, so let's wait and see what comes from that.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

While the dissolving of NN Int is still a rumor, Tony O indicated that it came from one of his better sources, and was it told to him months ago, before the sudden closing of the NN Int office which is the subject of this thread.

IF it is true, perhaps Miscavige has completely thrown the NN Int staff under the bus, claiming to have discovered that THEY are the WHY behind all the insurance fraud, marketing fraud, and all the other stuff.

He needs some scapegoats and from his perspective they would suffice pretty well. Certainly preferable than having it go higher on the food chain up to ABLE INT or up to Miscavige.

This is some wild speculation on my part but considering the legal situations that Narconon is involved in it's a realistic possibility imo.

That would explain the apparently very hasty departure, leaving docs that would normally be taken or shredded.

On the vanishing of NN INT, In scientology "vanishing" can mean vanished from here..and pops up there. It does seem though that with NN's filthy name and employees which threaten the COS and threaten COB, something must have to be done. From their own green on white, plus advices and whatever OSA uses, they will have to rethink, sanitize, whitewash reformat etc. Think Snow White. Perhaps it will take a critical mass of "guilty" findings on all of those legal cases in progress. They will have to "handle" including heads on pikes, rpf, Hole, etc, Perhaps they'll do that LA thing and send in entire SO crews to all NNS. :biggrin: Just joking on that one of course.

I won't be surprised if Narconon" morphs into something less entheta-sounding to wogs, at some point. David Miscavige is a multi tasker so he can muse upon these hill 10s and what name would sound more theta than Narconon, as he sips his whiskey and watches Going Clear, the (HBO) movie.

imSPecial

Patron with Honors

makes me wonder if the attorneys involved in the lawsuits should file papers to demand the assets held by narconon get held in trust until the lawsuits are over. i put my bet on an reshuffling has to do with moving cash.

hey if nothing else it gets them to answer in court, under oath, what they are doing :yes:

This from the poster, John P. at Ortega's site is an extraordinarly fine piece of prose

"...The three words in the article that should absolutely stop Miscavige's icy heart from beating and cause his sphincter to squeeze hard enough to crush a diamond: "customer database printouts." One can only wonder what would happen if those lists of customers got forwarded to one of the burgeoning anti-Narconon litigation machines like Ryan Hamilton or the other guys who are now advertising for plaintiffs..."

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian

This from the poster, John P. at Ortega's site is an extraordinarly fine piece of prose

"...The three words in the article that should absolutely stop Miscavige's icy heart from beating and cause his sphincter to squeeze hard enough to crush a diamond: "customer database printouts." One can only wonder what would happen if those lists of customers got forwarded to one of the burgeoning anti-Narconon litigation machines like Ryan Hamilton or the other guys who are now advertising for plaintiffs..."

http://tonyortega.org/2015/02/09/ma...on-international-vanishes/#comment-1843435557

I always liked that guy from day one I saw his comments on VillageVoice, but this ... this is different. I'm in love. :omg: :laugh: :cheerleader: :love11: :biglove: :heartflower:

Last edited:

imSPecial

Patron with Honors

and well it should, the sphincter squeeze, i mean. narconon here and there gets licensed as a medical facility or has in the past. there is one word that trumps all when thinking of violated patient privacy:

HIPAA

see http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/

someone on that list must be an ex...all thats needed is a little complaint to the right office...