What's new

Narconon invading Melbourne

deutsch

Patron
A few days ago, I received a flyer about Narconon in my letterbox, as did everyone else in my street.

A scientologist was in my neighbourhood, under cover of darkness, putting their bullshit propaganda into everyone's letterboxes. This makes me very angry.

The next day, in a chinese restaurant nearby, I saw a display box of flyers on the counter. They were the "truth about drugs" booklets.

As you know, the cult of scientology is failing pretty hard all over Australia. Their Canberra mission has just 2 staff, their Brisbane org has practically been run out of town and 'recalled' to Sydney, and the org there is down to about 20 people. The orgs in Perth and Adelaide are making very little noise. The Melbourne org, which seems to have over 50 staff, relies completely on the day org. They can't even move up to their 'ideal' in Ascot Vale because its refurbishment is taking a lot longer than expected, probably because they don't have enough money to complete it.

With this Narconon invasion, are we seeing a brief cult fightback in Melbourne?

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome to ESMB!!

Seems to be more and more people poking their heads in here.

Next time I see anything in the public from the church, it goes in the trash.

They have to promote, the orgs and Narconon are pretty empty.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
A few days ago, I received a flyer about Narconon in my letterbox, as did everyone else in my street.

A scientologist was in my neighbourhood, under cover of darkness, putting their bullshit propaganda into everyone's letterboxes. This makes me very angry.

The next day, in a chinese restaurant nearby, I saw a display box of flyers on the counter. They were the "truth about drugs" booklets.

As you know, the cult of scientology is failing pretty hard all over Australia. Their Canberra mission has just 2 staff, their Brisbane org has practically been run out of town and 'recalled' to Sydney, and the org there is down to about 20 people. The orgs in Perth and Adelaide are making very little noise. The Melbourne org, which seems to have over 50 staff, relies completely on the day org. They can't even move up to their 'ideal' in Ascot Vale because its refurbishment is taking a lot longer than expected, probably because they don't have enough money to complete it.

With this Narconon invasion, are we seeing a brief cult fightback in Melbourne?

I don't think it's so much of a fightback as a last stand in the only territory that they can muster loyal troops. :p

Narconon's been pretty well entrenched down here for a while - it's had the only Narconon Drug Ed group that's survived over the years and NN Melbourne's been the only rehab in Oz since NN Sydney first closed in 04.

Fear not, NN Melbourne IS struggling - to my knowledge, it's basically been insolvent for the last year.

johnc

Patron
As you know, the cult of scientology is failing pretty hard all over Australia. Their Canberra mission has just 2 staff, their Brisbane org has practically been run out of town and 'recalled' to Sydney, and the org there is down to about 20 people.

Hi there! I'm ex-Brisbane Org staff. Curious as to how things are going there now. Any news? Brisbane would have had only about 20 staff when I was there around 2000. Or is it Sydney that is down to about 20 staff?

John C :thumbsup:

Feral

Rogue male
Welcome JohnC! Another Aussie!!! Beauty!

I think it's been a long time since Brisbane had 20 staff!

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
Putting pamphlets in people's letterboxes just shows that they HAVEN"T GOT ANYTHING TO DO! It's like Mikey trolling the sites, both this one and kiwianon. If they had bodies in the shop and they were delivering, they wouldn't have time to do letterbox drops. SO even though it sucks badly that they put their crappy bullshit out to unsupecting people, it does have an up side, that being that they aren't delivering scamotology!

And that can only be a good thing!!

Putting pamphlets in people's letterboxes just shows that they HAVEN"T GOT ANYTHING TO DO! It's like Mikey trolling the sites, both this one and kiwianon. If they had bodies in the shop and they were delivering, they wouldn't have time to do letterbox drops. SO even though it sucks badly that they put their crappy bullshit out to unsupecting people, it does have an up side, that being that they aren't delivering scamotology!

And that can only be a good thing!!

There is something in policy about that. When you go into emergency....or is it danger?....you get out and promote like hell. Anyone remember that bit of policy? Div 2 and Div 6 both start sending out heaps of paper when they have no "bodies in the shop".

deutsch

Patron
Update: some kind anon has put anon flyers in with the 'truth about drugs' flyers at the restaurant i mentioned! (china max, cnr swanston & grattan, parkville)

Wow, I didn't know brisbane was down to 2 ppl as well. Same as Canberra, which I tried to find last time i was there, but I couldn't! What services could they possibly deliver?

To the person who told me narconon melbourne is insolvent, how do you know that? Its excellent!

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Update: some kind anon has put anon flyers in with the 'truth about drugs' flyers at the restaurant i mentioned! (china max, cnr swanston & grattan, parkville)

Wow, I didn't know brisbane was down to 2 ppl as well. Same as Canberra, which I tried to find last time i was there, but I couldn't! What services could they possibly deliver?

To the person who told me narconon melbourne is insolvent, how do you know that? Its excellent!

The staff aren't being paid on time.

I was told that the Board have put in several thousand (at least) each to keep it afloat.

Recent staff muster was addressed by the Chair of the Board with "If the administrators come on the property, you all own the computers you use and you need to claim anything else as personal property" so someone claimed the tractor as theirs etc. etc..

ED ABLE ANZO keeps turning up on their doorstep to "handle" them - it's her major source of stats (ie money) so she's VERY busy milking that cash-cow for all it's worth. She'd be off doing something else unless it's going down badly.

When I was still there (up to last May) there was constant talk then of the place being closed due to insolvency - the starts onto the program haven't increased so much that that situation would have reverted.

I could go on but I think you get the drift ?:p

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have little recent goss - they've moved back to East Warburton after being in the Ascot Vale property while the fire threat was on.

They've lost more experienced staff and had to re-recruit some who ripped them off previously - even the new staff are waking up quickly and leaving..

Last I heard Joanne Taylor (ex NN Syd) was the ED NN Mel and had Bente (ED ABLE ANZO) living in the same house up near O'Shannnessy weir with her - at least Jo won't be able to hit the bottle like she did when she was ED NN Syd and it was going down - Bente will handle her on that :D

Bente may have returned to Sydney - I just haven't bothered really asking around.

I should probably ask around for current goss for you all.

It's all probably still stumbling and staggering along waiting for someone or something to put it out of its misery.