What's new

Narconon Melbourne hits new Highest Ever!

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
NN Mel have hit a highest ever in staff resignations - four in one afternoon last week!

One of these was the ED.

My personal congrats to ED ABLE ANZO for this stellar expansion job - take a bow, Bente Peterson. :p

Bente has been back at NN Mel for a week or more now and is really turning the place around - it's amazing what Green-on-White can do when applied

Currently the cooking facilities for 27 or so students consists of a portable barbeque and one small two-burner stove.

Sanitation is provided by portable showers and toilets.

All the students sleep in the same room - boys at one end, girls at the other. It's one of the few rooms that have carpet.

Those doing the sauna face a one-hour trip to the Scientology mission every day then one hour back again.

I know several more staff will leave soon - leaving a very thin skeleton staff to try to cope - and the staff are still owed pay!

Also the local drug dealers have been quick to respond to the new market opprtunities offered them :D

And one of the favourite students is back for the 7th time to try to make the program work :duh:

Looks like the RPF will have a new face very soon - and then I'll post Bente's little message to the NN Mel staff on how I was the SP crashing the stats.

Obviously I'm still doing it - who said there weren't any OTs eh? :)

Last edited:

Carmel

Crusader
NN Mel have hit a highest ever in staff resignations - four in one afternoon last week!

One of these was the ED.

My personal congrats to ED ABLE ANZO for this stellar expansion job - take a bow, Bente Peterson. :p

Bente has been back at NN Mel for a week or more now and is really turning the place around - it's amazing what Green-on-White can do when applied

Currently the cooking facilities for 27 or so students consists of a portable barbeque and one small two-burner stove.

Sanitation is provided by portable showers and toilets.

All the students sleep in the same room - boys at one end, girls at the other. It's one of the few rooms that have carpet.

Those doing the sauna face a one-hour trip to the Scientology mission every day then one hour back again.

I know several more staff will leave soon - leaving a very thin skeleton staff to try to cope - and the staff are still owed pay!

Also the local drug dealers have been quick to respond to the new market opprtunities offered them :D

And one of the favourite students is back for the 7th time to try to make the program work :duh:

Looks like the RPF will have a new face very soon - and then I'll post Bente's little message to the NN Mel staff on how I was the SP crashing the stats.

Obviously I'm still doing it - who said there weren't any OTs eh? :)

Oh my!

What prompted the resignations? (I figure that it can't have just been the temp shift to the 'new' CofS building). Are you free to give us any more of the scoop on this?

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Wow,this sure shows how un-informed I've been. I thought Narco-non must have been helping people in some way and that they were getting some of the incredible results that I got on the Purif.

I guess now I'll spend the rest of my life like you, posting snide remarks in an attempt to discredit anything related to Scientology. Yep, that sounds like the winning attitude. And the LAST thing we ever want to hear is that somebody actually got better. Please!!!

You got that right, Crummy!

Do you have any wins that you'd like to share?

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
:thumbsup:

Did i mention that my wife worked for NN and barely ever got paid?....:whistling: Boy were we stupid to not just walk away.

Achi

Patron
While I have huge issues and disagreements with Scientology's policies and certainly with their management, some of the tech certainly works.
My ex-husband did the purification program in the 80s. It helped him immensely. In addition, I find no joy in the thought of drug dealers doing well.
I dunno, due to the sincerity of some at least of the staff and the value of some of the tech, I just have never been able to rejoice in failures.

:confused2:

Terril park

Sponsor
While I have huge issues and disagreements with Scientology's policies and certainly with their management, some of the tech certainly works.
My ex-husband did the purification program in the 80s. It helped him immensely. In addition, I find no joy in the thought of drug dealers doing well.
I dunno, due to the sincerity of some at least of the staff and the value of some of the tech, I just have never been able to rejoice in failures.

I agree. I've met several people intimately connected with narconon.

One can hardly criticize an operation that gets people off drugs.

Narconon was doing very well until the COS hi jacked it and turned it
into an operation to make money. Staff not paid, landlords not paid, clients not properly looked after and so on. You can search this forum for more data.

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron

into an operation to make money. Staff not paid, landlords not paid, clients not properly looked after and so on. You can search this forum for more data.

Actually it was doing great till people found out it was a Scientology backed program.
The purif is one of the very few things I think is good. Although it is almost always over run. And I don't think the amounts of vitamins and minerals are right.

Megalomaniac

Silver Meritorious Patron
I don't take pleasure in the collapse of a drug rehab center, nor do I think it's funny that someone returned for the 7th time or that it is poorly run.

However, if you take a long term view of this, it's not so bad. I'm assuming that those who quit, did not quit because they no longer cared about getting people off drugs. I assume their good intentions remain. I assume they will sooner or later put their good intentions back into some project that they feel better about. They are probably wiser. If they choose to help get people off drugs in the future, they will likely be more effective with the greater knowledge they will have.

This is my speculation. But I am going through a similar process. Now that I'm not putting a lot of energy into Scientology, I'm seeking other helpful projects. Eventually, I'll find where I fit and will be contributing again.

GreyLensman

Now they are just like the orgs. The closer to the (admin) tech, the more true this is. Policy is out-dated, ineffective, inefficient, and allows a**holes to take advantage of people with good intentions.

Feral

Rogue male

Wow,this sure shows how un-informed I've been. I thought Narco-non must have been helping people in some way and that they were getting some of the incredible results that I got on the Purif.

I guess now I'll spend the rest of my life like you, posting snide remarks in an attempt to discredit anything related to Scientology. Yep, that sounds like the winning attitude. And the LAST thing we ever want to hear is that somebody actually got better. Please!!!

Fair enuff, But consider how the thread originator might feel, I know he's one who gave 32 years of his working life to scn and NN staff, when most were saving for homes he was working for as little as $0.00 per week. The going pay for 'saving the planet'

His final reward as the C/S of NN was being labeled THE SP, now he finds himself watching as NN Melbourne moves inexorably toward bankruptcy, long after his SPness has been removed.

I suggest if you feel that way then you guys might ought to start a FZ NN pgm.

I can put you onto a good C/S.:yes:

And seeing you do feel that way, know this; the whole CofS enterprise is following NN Melbourne.

I'm just letting you know so you can do something about it instead of posting on a critics forum.:D

Last edited:

Terril park

Sponsor
Fair enuff, But consider how the thread originator might feel, I know he's one who gave 32 years of his working life to scn and NN staff, when most were saving for homes he was working for as little as $0.00 per week. The going pay for 'saving the planet'

His final reward as the C/S of NN was being labeled THE SP, now he finds himself watching as NN Melbourne moves inexorably toward bankruptcy, long after his SPness has been removed.

I suggest if you feel that way then you guys might ought to start a FZ NN pgm.

I can put you onto a good C/S.:yes:

And seeing you do feel that way, know this, the whole CofS enterprise is following NN Melbourne, I'm just letting you know so you can do something about it instead of posting on a critics forum.:D

Thanks!

One of the new members to our FZ Forums today specifically asked
about Purif.

I'm really happy if the honorable Scooter wishes to be a C/S. :)

Mail me and I'll connect you guys. :)

[email protected]

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Seems like I need to reply to a few questions here.

Let me pose a few questions of my own - based on my experiences and, even more importantly, those of my friends who've been working in a truly dead-end job.

How would you feel if you see people come to your organization seeking help for their loved ones only to be given unreal expectations due to being spun a totally false success rate that you know from personal experience is a load of cobblers?

How would you feel if you were constantly told that your organization isn't really connected to Scientology when the senior people in it are ONLY Scientologists and you find out you'll never get anything but base rate pay while you aren't a cult member?

How would you feel to be called up by your work just to ask you to do something extra (in YOUR time) with no offer of any extra pay for doing it - and knowing that if you don't, your job's on the line?

How would you feel when you take a phone call from some arrogant SO Exec telling you she's at an airport and will be at another airport in one and a half hours and someone needs to be there to pick her up - and it's 10:30 pm at night?

How would you feel knowing this same exec is there to just conduct yet another witch-hunt and blacken the reputation of people and will take her expenses out of the organization (the one that's not paying you) for this "service' - the same organizaton that's already paying her every week just because of "licencing fees?"

The same exec who says she has nothing to do with running your orgzanization?

The same organization that preaches honesty and being in-exchange?

I went to a wedding last night of one of the few successful graduates from the program I know - and he's really sour on the way he's been treated by the place. He loves what the program did for him but he hates the organization that's tried to blacken his reputation just because he couldn't survive on the pittance he was being thrown, yet he brought in hundreds of thousands of dollars for this organization getting other people to pay for their kids on the off-chance they'd turn out as good as he did.

Yes I'm bitter.

Yes I'll be happy when this place is closed and finally the truth comes out about the way I, my family and my many friends from my time there have been treated and lied to.

Yes I'd love to see the leading lights of this organization publically exposed for the criminal actions they've done and justified in the name of "greatest good for the greatest number."

Think writing up O/Ws is going to help? Getting my ruds flown?

:hysterical:

Last edited:

Megalomaniac

How would you feel if ...

Jesus, Scooter! :bigcry:

I don't suppose it's any consolation to you how much we (ex-)"public" respect your gigantic commitment and years of service. It means a lot to me. Even if the results were overblown, your persistence is real.

Mac

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Jesus, Scooter! :bigcry:

I don't suppose it's any consolation to you how much we (ex-)"public" respect your gigantic commitment and years of service. It means a lot to me. Even if the results were overblown, your persistence is real.

Mac

Thanks Mac - but most of what I've posted is OTHER people's grief, not mine.

I just don't have the time right now to put up all the crap I've copped.

And what I'm reporting here is a fraction of my friends' stories.

Like my mate who's waiting for bushfires to hit his house and he's called and asked to do blah, blah and blah - no"How are you going? How's it looking for your house?" etc etc,

Like the parent who calls a friend who's not been working there for months to find out what's happened to their child as there's no answer to any messages - my mate goes ferreting with phone calls to find out the place's been evacuated, but the parents weren't told -several days after the event.

A guy who seemed to be a success yet has fallen over a few times - he's told "$6,500 and we'll help - you must come back here andd re-do this, this etc" and I talk to him on the phone and it takes ten minutes to find the problem and start getting him sorted - and he DOESN"T need to quit his job and go "back to rehab" to sort it all out.

I WILL document the full horror story one day - for now I'm just glad to see that the house of horrors is falling apart from the weight of its own excrement. :D

Markus

Maybe you are right on this Iknowtoomuch, but....

Actually it was doing great till people found out it was a Scientology backed program.
The purif is one of the very few things I think is good. Although it is almost always over run. And I don't think the amounts of vitamins and minerals are right.

Maybe "The purif is one of the very few things I think is good" At least as long you are not trying to cure Multiple Sclerosis or very frequent heavy seizures with it.

Love

Markus

Markus

That's craziness

Maybe "The purif is one of the very few things I think is good" At least as long you are not trying to cure Multiple Sclerosis or very frequent heavy seizures with it.

This I call "Craziness" !! In pure form!

Love

Markus

Human Again

Perhaps there is value in the Purif.

Without even the minimum of scientific research (let alone the stringent research ANY medical program must be subject to), people are buying this program on anecdotes, promises made sincerely but without basis and all based on the whims of a man who decided we all have whole track drug cases to run out.

I would welcome proper scientific research that is not twisting the data to "prove" the program works, but is investogatingto find if it works, how it works, what different aspectsof it do for the intdividual, if there are side effects, who should do it and who should not. The research needs to include double blind research so that the placebo effects can be screened out. With unbiased testing of the method and premise underlying the purif and, if it can be shown to have the results without significant negative side effects, for even a percentage of particupants, I would support it wholeheartedly. I have a great deal of empathy for people who have become entangled in the web of drug addiction and would love to know the world DID have a program that worked, that could help evena percentage of entangled sufferers. But it needs to be available openly, without the taint of sticky fingers reaching in and trying to draw, cash and "people for the bridge", BIS for orgs, course starts and slaves for Hubbards army of sci fi warriors.

Remember, when we did it, we were all indoctrinated into "you will get these results". We had to do it to be allowed to progress up the golden bridge to release ourintrinsic OT powers. We knew we'd be writing a success story, we knew it would work, we knew all drugs were bad and psychiatrists the very evil of the earth... etc. Perhaps with the blinkers off it could be looked over and the effective aspects identified and used.

My mother was put on a similar program some years ago ( no not Scn based) - The cold turkey they put her through, together with enforced 1 week disconnection from her family and the intense directed reflection caused her to end up in the emergency department, literally climbing the walls and reduced to the intellect of about a 4 year old. When we found out they "treatment" she had been given, the doctors and I were unbelieving - the doctors explained what withdrawral of all drugs without a proper step down gradient can do to the brain. Four days later, when she recovered her mind, the doctor hugged her and welcomed her back, explaining to me that he had thought she would not ever return to us. It gave me new respect for the research behind medical programs and psychological therapy. I view unresearched programs as self indulgent and irresponsible.

Hubbard was too lazy and arrogant to have research done. His own delusions of grandeur have persisted so that today, decades after his death, his whims are being followed. KSW also means that no advances in understadning of how drugs operate, the relationship between chemicals and the brain etc will never be taken into account. Remember this is the man that said the brain was nothing but a shock absorbtion organ.

I have no doubt Narconon staff mean well, but they are using tools that they do not understand and the program they deliver is based on information that is faulty to say the least.

Perhaps if there are a number of us who feel this way, and perhaps if there is a wealthy patron amongst us who could kick start such research, we could be part of the solution.