What's new

Narconon Spends $50,000 to Thwart Planned Protest?

Sindy

Crusader
July 21, 2012
During a planned protest of Narconon Arrowhead, the facility spends $50,000 to work on county road where rally was to take place

By Jeanne LeFlore Staff Writer

McALESTER — The same time as a planned protest of the recent deaths at Narconon Arrowhead, the facility spent nearly $50,000 to repave the half mile of county road where the rally was to take place. Narconon Arrowhead is a non-profit drug and alcohol rehabilitation center in Canadian with ties to the church of Scientology, according to Gary Smith director of the facility.

“The cost of the (road) project was estimated at $50,000 which was paid for by the Narconon organization at no cost to the county,” according to press-release from Narconon Arrowhead.

The road work took place in June 23 and June 24 during a planned protest by Shirley Gilliam, the mother of Gabriel Graves, a 32-year-old man who was found dead at the facility in October, and Collin Henderson, a former Narconon patient.

More:

http://mcalesternews.com/policecour...county-road-where-the-rally-was-to-take-place

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
'Non-profit' ? Man these folks in the media have ta start getting their facts straighter, especially for statements like this which is so fucking off-base its rediculous.

Love to see what the hell they spent 50k on, that wouldn't even pave the rest of my driveway.
Sounds like they probably 'skim-coated' it (gravel & thick oily, environmentally unsound, coating usually used on gravel roads to keep the dust down)
I schmell 'a fuck of idiots'.. *facepalm*

:eyeroll:

Sindy

Crusader
That's okay Next time there's a protest the protesters have a nice new road to stand on.

They are such liars! :duh:

Sock Puppy

Patron with Honors
Hey, can you guys plan a protest down the street from where I live? There's a couple of pot holes that seriously need to be fixed.