What's new

Nashville Assault: Epic update!

DCAnon

Silver Meritorious Patron
http://www.wsmv.com/news/19398540/detail.html

News Broadcast video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoQGI14EkSA

Laws Broken In Scientology Church Security
Permits Expired, Officers Not Identified As Off-Duty

There are problems with how security for a Nashville Scientology event was handled, and laws appear to have been broken.

In a home video, a group of protesters walk toward the Church of Scientology on the day of the church's grand opening and are stopped by security guards, who knock one protester to the ground and have him arrested for criminal trespass.

The altercation happened 400 yards from the church, on the other side of the street.

Public Works pulled all of the permits taken out for the Scientology event. The permits -- all of them for sidewalk closing and lane blocking -- are for the wrong day. They're for the day before the event and expire before the scuffle occurred.

In addition, three of the five security guards were off-duty Spring Hill police officers working in Nashville, which can only be done if local police are notified and officers are wearing uniforms clearly identifying them as off-duty police officers.

"The armed people from the other county are not identified police officers," said John M. L. Brown. "You're looking for a problem."

Brown, a Fraternal Order of Police attorney, has been defending police officers for 32 years. He said he finds the officers' actions hard to defend.

"Nashville's a capital city, and there are protests in Nashville with some frequency," he said. "I don't think that mentioning a bologna sandwich is a recognized law enforcement tactic."

The security firm hired by the Church of Scientology was Hayes Security on Gallatin Road. A representative of the firm said that the matter is being turned over to its attorneys.

Original video of the whole assault: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjDcpyF7wIA

Last edited:

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
They got permits for the wrong day!? :eyeroll: Somebody's head is going to roll for THAT one.

A lot of that stuff Scientology will pass off onto the security company as not their fault, but if they didn't have a valid permit --

You guys are awesome! Great newscast too.

Good job! :thumbsup:

:)TL

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
I sure hope they don't use some Patriot Act loophole to get out of this.

Dig this; A few years back a pizza delivery girl I worked with was heading out on a delivery when she saw a 'sobriety check point' set up down the road.

They use to just slow everybody to a stop, one at a time or two if there were two lanes, and ask you if you have been drinking. Now, due to their Patriot Act powers, they can detain you without a warrant. Now, they stop everyone on the street and make you sit there.

When it happened to me, it was over a hundred degrees out. Several cops stood around talking while one guy went around to dozens of cars that were backing up in two lanes to ask for 'drivers license, registration, and proof of insurance' from everyone. Kept us there for 20 minutes, at least, while my pizzas got cold.

When this girl saw the road block up ahead, she did a legal turn into a side area, and turned around to take another route. A cop chased her down and pulled her over.

He asked her why she did that, and she got mad. "Can't you see the fucking uniform and pizzas? Why do you think I did that?" She was an outspoken chick.

And then, this guy PULLS HER OUT OF THE CAR AND SLAMS HER ON THE GROUND! He handcuffs her, and just lets her lay there in hysterics for a few minutes before letting her go. She came back to the store still crying and freaked out.

She broke no laws. All she did was give this goon some well deserved back talk. But, he was exercising his 'Patriot Act' powers, so he's ok.

I figure real patriots are rolling over in their graves fast enough to generate electricity.

Last edited:

DCAnon

And so Anonymous begins....

30005_NAVYBLUE_LONG_SLEEVE_GENUINE_.jpg

Or (rly huge) do you haz bologna sammich? http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/543/bologna4sammich.jpg

Lynn Fountain Campbell

http://www.wsmv.com/news/19398540/detail.html

News Broadcast video: http://www.wsmv.com/video/19400255/index.html

Laws Broken In Scientology Church Security
Permits Expired, Officers Not Identified As Off-Duty

There are problems with how security for a Nashville Scientology event was handled, and laws appear to have been broken.

In a home video, a group of protesters walk toward the Church of Scientology on the day of the church's grand opening and are stopped by security guards, who knock one protester to the ground and have him arrested for criminal trespass.

The altercation happened 400 yards from the church, on the other side of the street.

Public Works pulled all of the permits taken out for the Scientology event. The permits -- all of them for sidewalk closing and lane blocking -- are for the wrong day. They're for the day before the event and expire before the scuffle occurred.

In addition, three of the five security guards were off-duty Spring Hill police officers working in Nashville, which can only be done if local police are notified and officers are wearing uniforms clearly identifying them as off-duty police officers.

"The armed people from the other county are not identified police officers," said John M. L. Brown. "You're looking for a problem."

Brown, a Fraternal Order of Police attorney, has been defending police officers for 32 years. He said he finds the officers' actions hard to defend.

"Nashville's a capital city, and there are protests in Nashville with some frequency," he said. "I don't think that mentioning a bologna sandwich is a recognized law enforcement tactic."

The security firm hired by the Church of Scientology was Hayes Security on Gallatin Road. A representative of the firm said that the matter is being turned over to its attorneys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjDcpyF7wIA

:omg: :wtf:

Looks like Cof$ is in an untenable position. Thanks, Anon! :clap:

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
There is no joy in Mudville....

Yeah! Tactics that work in the Peoples Republic of Mexifornia might not fly in Redneck Central.

Here's hoping

:dancer:

Rmack, do not delude yourself that Nashville resembles "Redneck Central" in any way. :eyeroll: :no:

Vanderbilt University, its school of medicine, Peabody University, David Lipscomb College/University and a host of of other institutions of learning... Churches, Synagogues along with an extremely well-educated and prosperous population might beg to differ.

Nashville is not called "The Athens of the South" for specious reasons.

This is great justice indeed.

Mighty CoS'y has struck out. :coolwink:

EP

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Rmack, do not delude yourself that Nashville resembles "Redneck Central" in any way. :eyeroll: :no:

Vanderbilt University, its school of medicine, Peabody University, David Lipscomb College/University and a host of of other institutions of learning... Churches, Synagogues along with an extremely well-educated and prosperous population might beg to differ.

EP

I meant 'redneck central' in the nicest possible way!:blush:

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just my "gut feelin'"...

EP

Indicates a very low condition. Maybe they need to "find out where they are."

Lynn

I meant 'redneck central' in the nicest possible way!:blush:

My sense of it is that "they" will soon get a "locational" that they will NEVER forget!

EP