What's new

NED for OTs – Perception Step

Hatshepsut

Crusader
Most times I do not sense any auras around myself. I usually can only sense them in another who is slightly disturbed. I mean in the sense that they are quite a composite, seemingly after unconfrontable trauma and when they are threatened a 'part' of them exudes a tangible energy field in their defense. I have seen this many many times. I think these auric fields when they exist are spatial perspectives left over from whenever.

In my life I had two episodes of being visibly surrounded by an electromagnetic energy 'auric' field. Both times were a result of trauma where just previously my space seemed much cleaner. The first episode where the phenomena arose was in 1981. I was sort of in shock and was real PTS. I guess in the church the term 'shell BT' might be called for. I felt like the worm encased inside a Mexican jumping bean. I had to look through another's perspective like I was in the belly of another. I was screwed for quite a while and had somatics. THIS particular energy field surrounding me was not my creation. Or it seemed not to be anyway. It was totally another being or beings..

The second time, 2 yrs later, I had a different electromagnetic anomally which came out like a cone from the top of my head as in Paul's diagram, and engulfed me. Now, I realize I am probably talking about two distinctly different phenomena. Or am I? If I drew the diagrams with 0 considerations or charge, the schematics would be almost identical. If we truly are a static then, these must be necessary to help us or they are 'safe solutions'.

Perhaps there were traumatic lives when intentions attacked others bering's viewpoints in the game with such a severity that an accumulation of ridges protecting our SPACE as an 'individual' were formed. How do we keep another being from stepping in and and trying to 'own' our own sacred space? We have to keep our location in order to push our creations around.

I had noticed that you can feel the biggest, densest, stranges,t palpable, energy auras encircling the very psychotic. The amount of raw energy exuded by psychotics seem to emit even a dense astral body fed by their need to attack or defend themselves. Yet, from another perspective if you look at it from an Enochian perspective, these bodies can erupt from our core or come from without, as helpful, angelic, safety presences that are there to protect us from being undone while in this dimension. I have experienced it both ways actually. :) It's just a matter of what purpose caused them to appear in the world and what intentions they may be imprinted with.

So with this etheric body, the physcial body we have seems to be their anchor or represent 'our' anchors inside this universe. Maybe its natural to complicate up a viewpoint to make it more unmockable.

Last edited:

Student of Trinity

Silver Meritorious Patron
But this thread isn't about things visible to human eyes, is it?

Paul

Fair enough, but you mentioned "magnetic fields". If all you really mean is that it's something that is somehow kind of like a magnetic field, fine. But then I'd think it would be better to say that. Deception, including self-deception, is the well-known chief hazard of all paranormal research. Casually using unjustified technical terms that happen to make things sound real may not mean you are wrong, but it's dangerous practice, given the nature of the subject.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Fair enough, but you mentioned "magnetic fields". If all you really mean is that it's something that is somehow kind of like a magnetic field, fine. But then I'd think it would be better to say that. Deception, including self-deception, is the well-known chief hazard of all paranormal research. Casually using unjustified technical terms that happen to make things sound real may not mean you are wrong, but it's dangerous practice, given the nature of the subject.

Fair enough. It is described as bio-plasma in these notes of a Barbara Brennan presentation in 2000, Possible Physics of the Human Energy Field as Indicated From High Sense Perception Observations. Brennan is not a typical New Age woo-woo merchant. From her Wikipedia entry, "Brennan received a Bachelor of Science degree in Physics in 1962 from the University of Wisconsin–Madison, and two years later received her Masters in Atmospheric Physics from the same institution. She then worked as a research scientist at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center."

She goes into much more detail in her two books, but those presentation notes seem true to her books. I like her nuts-and-bolts style with a minimum of esoterica.

Paul

RogerB

Crusader
Whatever they are, it's probably not going to be accurate to call them magnetic fields. Though in fact the body does have some electrical activity, I believe mostly in nerves, and especially in the brain. Very sensitive electrodes stuck to the skull can pick up signals. Spatial resolution is lousy — we have very little idea exactly where around in the brain these signals are coming from — but we see alternating electric fields, and can measure their frequencies well. These measurements are called electroencephalographs (EEGs). Nobody really knows much about what they mean.

The fact that we can pick up these signals with external electrodes, rather than having to stick probes into people's brains, does mean that in a sense the human self extends outside the skin, in the form of very weak electrical fields. This might be completely unimportant, but who knows? I can maybe just imagine that it could provide a form of short-range telepathy, that would really be a kind of biological radio. I wouldn't bet much on that idea, though.

Even besides being very weak, those fields are at frequencies far too low to be visible to human eyes. And although there is bound to be some tiny magnetic component, it's going to be a lot smaller than even the tiny electric fields. So the fields measured in EEGs are not magnetic fields or visible auras.

SoT,

Umm, it strikes me that the actual physics involved is that when an electrical current, as you cite . . . and it is true that an electrical current does get sent down the nerve lines of the body as part of its operating . . . when an electrical current is sent through a "conductor"; as the nerve lines are, then a magnetic field is produced around the conductor.

It is all rather low levels of force as compared to what we are familiar with in physical universe mechanical systems . . . but this stuff is measured when they do an EKG with sensors placed on limbs of the body and also the EEGs you cite above. Part of the EEG I had a few years ago was to place electrodes on my arms and legs/feet to measure brain activity and signals.

What is known in physics is that when an "electron" is accelerated, it emits an electromagnetic wave. This of course is going on in the human system. The body's electrical signals also get reversed and resonate. This all would produce a low energy level EM field and radiance.

R

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Whatever they are, it's probably not going to be accurate to call them magnetic fields. Though in fact the body does have some electrical activity, I believe mostly in nerves, and especially in the brain. Very sensitive electrodes stuck to the skull can pick up signals. Spatial resolution is lousy — we have very little idea exactly where around in the brain these signals are coming from — but we see alternating electric fields, and can measure their frequencies well. These measurements are called electroencephalographs (EEGs). Nobody really knows much about what they mean.

The fact that we can pick up these signals with external electrodes, rather than having to stick probes into people's brains, does mean that in a sense the human self extends outside the skin, in the form of very weak electrical fields. This might be completely unimportant, but who knows? I can maybe just imagine that it could provide a form of short-range telepathy, that would really be a kind of biological radio. I wouldn't bet much on that idea, though.

Even besides being very weak, those fields are at frequencies far too low to be visible to human eyes. And although there is bound to be some tiny magnetic component, it's going to be a lot smaller than even the tiny electric fields. So the fields measured in EEGs are not magnetic fields or visible auras.

I have to undergo medical checks involving neural electricity on a regular basis, so there's something I can say about that: There's a lot of electrical and electro-chemical communication going on in a body. Basically it can be boiled down to information traveling electrically within a nerve, getting exchanged (transmitted) electro-chemically with other nerves, muscles etc.

From the output of one single electrode glued to the back of my neck, a neurologist can say when a certain picture I watch on a monitor has changed and how long it took my brain (nerves) to register this change.

Same goes for beep-signals that get played to my ears over headphones.

From small electro shocks administered to my feet or other contact points, it can be determined how long it takes the brain to trigger the "automatic" reflex muscle-twitch.

The frequency of the electrical signals could easily be made visible by increasing the resolution (trigger frequency) of the scanner, pretty much just like it's done in standard Oszilloscope usage, but that isn't necessary for the tests done on me. Nerve picks up signal, transmits it to brain, brain processes information, brain triggers reaction (or not), brain sends back acknowledgement, if appropriate. Or acknowledges first, I can't remember the sequence.

Together with information retrieved from MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) and x-ray computed tomography, it is known to some extent as for what happens where and when, although the finer details are indeed still missing.

As far as electro-magnetic fields go, I think it's safe to say that they are a lot less important for inner-body-communication. All I can say about those, is that I can "sense" when I'm close to a high-power cable under full load. Saved my ass once or twice. Check, before you touch :)

Oh, and before someone else says it: Yes, I know that a muscle can be made to twitch by applying an electric impulse directly to it, but that's not what I'm talking about here.

EDIT:
Oh, and I also know that it's the electric field that the electrode picks up. I'm just glad the it's just one single electrode today, not the inconvenient "rubber hat" with 30 something electrodes that I had to wear for hours, back in the old days.

Student of Trinity

Silver Meritorious Patron
@Roger:
Sure, when charges move around there are always some faint magnetic fields. But we're talking REALLY faint, from the tiny oscillatory currents in the human body. The electric fields are much stronger, and those are only detected at very short range, with electrodes. If humans had any way of detecting such tiny magnetic fields as those generated by our own bodies, we'd be seeing magnetic fields all over the place, all the time, because lots of other things that we don't normally consider at all magnetic produce stronger magnetic fields than we do.

Magnetic fields are weird, and minds are weird. But they're probably different weirdnesses.

@Roger:
Sure, when charges move around there are always some faint magnetic fields. But we're talking REALLY faint, from the tiny oscillatory currents in the human body. The electric fields are much stronger, and those are only detected at very short range, with electrodes. ...

But the presence of the electric fields themselves can effect other electro-magnetic phenomena effectively creating 'shadows' of these fields.

... If humans had any way of detecting such tiny magnetic fields as those generated by our own bodies, we'd be seeing magnetic fields all over the place, all the time, because lots of other things that we don't normally consider at all magnetic produce stronger magnetic fields than we do. ...

Actually I think you mean if we had a means of consciously detecting such tiny magnetic fields. The ability to detect such fields can not be wholly ruled out simply due to a lack of supporting data for conscious detection. Especially if indirect means of unconsciously detecting such fields are an inherent part of biological organisms. Such phenomena may in part account for the ability of some organisms apparently to respond to magnetic phenomena in nature.

Additionally as basically every chemical process in the body at every level of the body's internal structure, occurs as a result of electro-magnetic phenomena. The entire body is in effect a walking talking electric field, albeit one with a very diverse and diffuse make-up. The entirety of the field is not solely due to the neurological systems, although they compromise the largest apparently 'coherently organized' components.

Thus, it is difficult to speak of the 'structure' of such a field as it is so faint and confused as to show little difference from 'background noise'. Nonetheless, as anyone who has ever mucked around with adjusting a set of 'rabbit ears' on a tv knows, the body has a field which can definitely produce an impact upon other fields.

Mark A. Baker

moth

Patron
Re: NED for OTs – Transparent Body

The site is http://www.american-buddha.com/cult.techbullscientologyotls.htm.
Since you haven't done the OT levels I would suggest that you don't read these materials ...... although if you just peek at the parts relevant to this thread you will probably be ok.

The funny thing is that a "skeptic/critic" could probably read the whole lot and be totally safe. It would be so far outside their reality that it would just be sci-fi bullshit. There is probably a critical case level where people could get badly keyed-in by the material.

The relevants parts are found in the New OT 6 pdf.

NED for OTs series 15, second paragraph.
NED for OTs series 27, first two paragraphs.

That link is the exact one I referred to, thank you for posting it. I concur that if one plans to do a certain OT level, not reading about it ahead of time is a good idea. But I don't feel these materials should be secret either. I think beings should have and find data and make their own choices.

There are some quite interesting posts in this thread about auras and other phenomena. In regard to transparency I would like to add that a being can mock up mass himself; if I'm upset, believe me, my body has mass and I can't see my way out of a paper bag. Mass comes from the life form(s). It has weighable density per my own experience.

I, too, saw an OT once who was transparent to me and practically glowed, even to me at that time in my "case" level - what a memory. But I found out for myself that OTs aren't that OT. These skeptics at the top of the bridge have a point. For it to be discussed so thoroughly because of our access to the internet is, to me, a wealth of data to comb through.

Each being has their path and way. As far as I'm concerned, to each his own; others have different views most of the time, but we're all still earthlings. Combing.

moth

Veda

Sponsor

-snip-

I, too, saw an OT once who was transparent to me and practically glowed, even to me at that time in my "case" level - what a memory.

-snip-

Just curious... At the time, did you wonder what was happening? Unless you had already been told that NOTs results in a person's body being transparent, it would definitely be something to comment upon wouldn't it?

My ESMB avatar is a hint that I'm comfortable with ideas of spirituality, psychic phenomena, the occult, and things strange and odd and unusual. I don't even have a problem with universal history, galactic history, advanced civilizations that predate the great pyramid, and space aliens. And the idea of a "magnetic field" surrounding the body doesn't seem odd to me at all.

My concern is with (for want of a better word) the hypnotic influence Hubbard had, and has, over Scientologists.

As I mentioned, I first noticed this around 1979. It was extraordinary to observe. People who had been certain they had no more somatics after Standard Dianetics, now spoke/wrote of how they still had somatics after all. It was - briefly - OK to say this, as New Era Dianetics had just been released.

After completing New Era Dianetics, they once again had no more somatics, until informed of NOTs, at which point they suddenly discovered that they had more somatics - still - after all. And now NOTs was the cure for that.

Other folks had earlier attested that, after completing OT 3, that they had "no more BTs." Low and behold, upon the release of NOTs, having been told they had many more BTs, predictably they discovered yet more BTs. (And by BTs, I mean problem BTs that have to be blown.)

A short time later, I had the opportunity to read some success stories, saved by an old timer, from the period right after the release of the Clearing Course. The wins were expressions of rejoicing at the idea that the person no longer had a bank, and could concentrate entirely on OT exercises and OT drills. This lasted about a year, until OT 2 appeared and, suddenly, that too was wonderful. Turns out there's was more bank after all. And the Scientologists happily nodded their heads in agreement. And then, came OT 3, there were more VGIs, at having "no more BTs," and no more "OT 3 case," something they had no inking of until they had been told about it from Hubbard. It would be several years before these same Scientologists would be told, and then discover, and with VGIs of course, that they had many more BTs, after all.

Each step along with way, with each new announcement of a "breakthrough," the Scientologists adjusted immediately to the new "reality."

When I saw this, especially when contrasted with Scientology's emphasis on increased awareness, I stepped back from Scientology. I knew something was wrong.

At the same time, I didn't abandon my interest in the spiritual, the occult , and the strange.

My advice to anyone is that, if you consider that you have an energy field around your body, or something resembling chakras http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/arts/2005/03/10/crumb_fri_seven.jpg within the body, the last thing to do is allow this to be meddled with by way of Hubbard's instructions on OT3 or NOTs.

Probably, there's "nothing broke in the first place," so there's no need to fix it, and, if one chooses to pursue this area, the best approach is usually the simplest, with emphasis on re-establishing flow by way of a kind of (mental) touch assist on these subtle energies.

Religion/Spirituality after leaving Scientology:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?21354-Religion-Spirituality-After-Leaving-Scientology

I think the potential to go into trance on all of this stuff is just as strong without any contact with scientology. My opinion is that a lot of it is inherently trance inducing and from first thinking about some of the concepts - or BS, as the case may be - something like a trance will be started. That's not to deny experiences that people may have, not really even to deny the way they put those experiences into language. I think a good amount of de-trancing is needed. Like being aware of what is likely to produce trance like states, and how they subtly, or not so subtly lead to interpreting experiences through language which is dictated by the language vocabulary structures of the induction, or trance, itself. More simply put - Once y' start talking that way, you could get stuck there.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Just curious... At the time, did you wonder what was happening? Unless you had already been told that NOTs results in a person's body being transparent, it would definitely be something to comment upon wouldn't it?

I remember seeing two people somewhat like that while I was at Saint Hill, although they were more glowing from the inside than transparent. One was Frankie Gardiner after a session (dunno on what), and the other was a girl in Brighton outside a cinema who was probably nothing to do with Scn at all.

It was a spiritual quality, not sexual at all, and I imagine deeply devout people sometimes exhibit similar characteristics. It's quite breathtaking, like being in the presence of a saint.

Paul

Veda

Sponsor
Enchantment is another word that may be applicable. It's a gentler way of saying it.

In this case, I'm not saying that someone who says he saw a person with a transparent body is delusional. Anyone is entitled to recall what he or she observed.

As for myself, I've been around a fair share of NOTs pcs, and a quite a few NOTs completions, and not one was transparent.

It's interesting to trace the down-trending of Scientology from the early 1950s to the late 1970s. In the early 1950s, bodies were irrelevant and emphasis was on exteriorization (theta clear), then came emphasis on the mind, then came emphasis on implants, then on implants and Body Thetans, then on Body Thetans and the Body itself.

A NOTs completion (per the standard Grade Chart) would have spent hundreds or thousands of hours attached to an e-meter (which, PR aside, validates the e-meter), and with attention on his body (which validates the body), and on BTs, (which validates the BTs.)

And what is his win? Is he stably exterior with full perception, able to communicate telepathically, able to travel anywhere in this or any other universe, able to heal at distance, etc. - No. His win is that his body is transparent, and apparently briefly transparent.

His BODY.

That's serious down-trending.

And yet the Scientologists followed their down-trending guru enthusiastically all the way to preoccupation with BODIES.

And, no doubt, it made perfect sense to them.

Veda

Sponsor

I remember seeing two people somewhat like that while I was at Saint Hill, although they were more glowing from the inside than transparent. One was Frankie Gardiner after a session (dunno on what), and the other was a girl in Brighton outside a cinema who was probably nothing to do with Scn at all.

It was a spiritual quality, not sexual at all, and I imagine deeply devout people sometimes exhibit similar characteristics. It's quite breathtaking, like being in the presence of a saint.

Paul

Yes, I know what you mean. There were some people like that in Scientology - occasionally. Yet there were also people like that who had had nothing to do with Scientology.

Of course, seeing it in Scientolgy, one attributes it to Scientology.

uniquemand

Unbeliever

Yes, I know what you mean. There were some people like that in Scientology - occasionally. Yet there were also people like that who had had nothing to do with Scientology.

Of course, seeing it in Scientolgy, one attributes it to Scientology.

Now, here, I can agree that I have had a similar experience, in seeing people with this sort of luminosity. IMO, their body was just as solid as any other. I have two friends that I feel exhibit this quality, and feel lucky to know them. It's not intermittent, it won't show up on a camera, and I cannot prove it. :)

FoTi

Crusader

The site is http://www.american-buddha.com/cult.techbullscientologyotls.htm.
Since you haven't done the OT levels I would suggest that you don't read these materials ...... although if you just peek at the parts relevant to this thread you will probably be ok.

The funny thing is that a "skeptic/critic" could probably read the whole lot and be totally safe. It would be so far outside their reality that it would just be sci-fi bullshit. There is probably a critical case level where people could get badly keyed-in by the material.

The relevants parts are found in the New OT 6 pdf.

NED for OTs series 15, second paragraph.
NED for OTs series 27, first two paragraphs.

Thanks for the link. Trying to scare me? :biggrin: I had enough years of that in the Sci promo for OT III. The regges use that fear people have of the unknown stuff to extract money from people to do their services so that they will become safe from that unknown stuff. I've talked to a number of people who have done the upper levels who said that there is nothing in them to kill one or destroy them, as purported by the CoS. I haven't done them myself, but in just hearing what others have had to say who have done them they don't seem to be that :omg: dangerous.

FoTi

Crusader
But the presence of the electric fields themselves can effect other electro-magnetic phenomena effectively creating 'shadows' of these fields.

Actually I think you mean if we had a means of consciously detecting such tiny magnetic fields. The ability to detect such fields can not be wholly ruled out simply due to a lack of supporting data for conscious detection. Especially if indirect means of unconsciously detecting such fields are an inherent part of biological organisms. Such phenomena may in part account for the ability of some organisms apparently to respond to magnetic phenomena in nature.

Additionally as basically every chemical process in the body at every level of the body's internal structure, occurs as a result of electro-magnetic phenomena. The entire body is in effect a walking talking electric field, albeit one with a very diverse and diffuse make-up. The entirety of the field is not solely due to the neurological systems, although they compromise the largest apparently 'coherently organized' components.

Thus, it is difficult to speak of the 'structure' of such a field as it is so faint and confused as to show little difference from 'background noise'. Nonetheless, as anyone who has ever mucked around with adjusting a set of 'rabbit ears' on a tv knows, the body has a field which can definitely produce an impact upon other fields.

Mark A. Baker

Sometimes when I tune in a radio station and then walk away from it, it fades out to nothing and then when I walk back toward the radio it comes back. Is that related to this?

FoTi

Crusader

I hadn't been told that NOTs resulted in a person's body being transparent and when I saw it I was just awe struck. I don't recall saying anything to anybody else that was there.

Sometimes when I tune in a radio station and then walk away from it, it fades out to nothing and then when I walk back toward the radio it comes back. Is that related to this?

Yes, I consider it to be related. The point being that it is a clear indicator that the presence of a physical human body can affect the electro-magnetic field in the vicinity of an antenna. It may well also be that electro-magnetic fields influence bodies in ways which are not immediately recognizable to conscious intelligence. Nature has very few 'one way' affects.

Mark A. Baker