What's new

Need e-meter and qualified scientology auditor for Saturday June 20

One of the most recent videos shows just my sensitive fingertips underwater, very close to but not touching the electrode wires. The sensitivity is the highest it will go on the C-meter. The TA starts rising after ten seconds or so, which I don't seem to notice (!), but the needle is fairly loose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=now694JmYnE

Paul

The dominant factor should be immersion in a conductive fluid.

Mark A. Baker

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Actually more so than you evidently realize, Z, however that charge is not directly relevant to the workings of an emeter.

Mark A. Baker

And here I thought AO's obsession with pounding spikes into his veins was just silliness. Who'da thunk it?

Zinj

The *operant* factor should be changes in resistance due to GSR. Everything else is about noise and levels.

Zinj

My comment was in response to Paul's observations. With regard to your digression the "operant" factor is the fluctuations in neural net activity as indicated by changes in electrical activity on that network. Read Roland's discussion for details. :eyeroll:

Mark A. Baker

HCObringOrder?

Silver Meritorious Patron
I can't be bothered to look it up, but he said he got something like 20k ohms across the electrodes, one in each hand. The clips were hooked up to one end of the can, so there must have been SOME contact between the hands and the end. Along the join/edge maybe, that runs along the length of the can?

Paul

I find this discussion fascinating from an exterior point of view. :D

The original cans were steel with Galvanization on them.
With some level of corrosion on them (evidence the pictures of cans in Ebay ads) which would cause some variance between PCs.
The Ohm readings from those would be higher than bare Aluminum cans, until the Aluminum oxidized.

I recall that there was some general rule about the cans getting too old.
Also, the fact that the sweat of the hands would cause some metal from the Galvanization to be removed onto the hands (washed my hands after session a few times).
Galvanization is a Zinc plating process if I remember correctly.
That thought causes me to wonder about the poison effects of too much Zinc absorption.

I seem to recall that Hubbard's cans in all the pictures were brand new with no corrosion.
Did he really get better results?