What's new

Need help in exposing Study Tech Academy

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
I did the Dissem course several years ago when the Freewinds crew were touring around the AOs delivering courses.

It is mainly the lectures but also had various other references to do with dissemination of scientology and salesmanship.

It is totally a course for "gung-ho scientologists" who want to learn how to better spread the gospel of Hubbard to the world at large.

Having worked with various applied Scholastics personnel in a number of places here in Oz, let me just say that it is totally run by scientologists and is inextricably linked to the Co$ financially and corporately.

I've seen a few try to take it beyond the scientology boundaries but none succeed.

And, as Zinj pointed out, ABLE is a Sea Org op in its entirety and runs ApS Int via its "consultant" at ABLE Int.

Like Narconon Int, it is mostly staffed by long-time scilons and pays its fees directly to ABLE Int as well as pays copyright fees directly to the coffers as well.

I've never seen a non-scio succeed in either ApS or Narconon fields - a few have tried but been stopped in various ways so that the area is left entirely to "on-Source scientologists."

DSR if you want more data, PM me, OK?

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I believe this course is based on the Hubbard Dissemination course released 1986. You can google this. I was probably a London Lecture given in the late 50's or sometime in the 60's. I would guess that "Hubbard" was removed from the Title to make it more marketable.

I also believe it was delivered on more than the freewinds, the pack was certainly available from the local class V org that had only one C/S who was the sole auditor who was on staff.

Takin Time

Patron with Honors
One thing is missing from my arsenal, however: solid proof that this is a Scientology school. The founder of this particular Academy claims that she isn't a Scientologist, yet a cursory search of the Stop-WISE.biz directory shows that - according to Freewinds issue 55 - she took the "London Congress on Dissemination and Help Course". It seems as though the course has to do primarily with the dissemination of - you guessed it - Scientology. Thanks to a leak, I have the lectures of that course, but I'm still not satisfied.

Is there anybody here that can give me information on what the actual course (not the lectures) is about? Is there additional work to be done other than listening to the lectures? What is the main focus of the course? Dissemination? Help? London? E-meters in tomatoes?

The course would run very close to the content of the lectures. Most of the "OT Lecture Courses" offered on the Freewinds are simply the listening to the lectures with maybe some drills to "drill in" some special pieces of data that they thought were very important. But that data is from the lectures anyway.

The course would be offered on the Freewinds or by the Freewinds delivery team if they were "in town". When the Freewinds has been at dry dock each year (roughly) the crew would go to Flag in Clearwater and deliver the courses there.

I think since the Freewinds had an asbestos problem, and a major "refit", they were offering Freewinds courses at other orgs... at least I think I heard of it in Los Angeles.

The person taking the course would need to "qualify" to take the course there. For example, qualifications to go to the actual ship are pretty strict. They don't usually let non-scientologists go there at all, and a scientologist would need to be in good standing and have no outstanding/unhandled ethics situations.

Flag in Clearwater is about the same level of strictness.

So if the person did the course, chances are she's not only a scientologist, but is someone who is in good enough standing with the Church of Scientology to have passed the qualifications for going on the ship.

Is there anybody here that can give me information on what the actual course (not the lectures) is about?

In Scientology there is a "tech" for dissemination. This includes the deadly quartet which is "help, control, communication, interest". The first three must be in place before the fourth occurs. A Scientologist trying to disseminate is constantly failing to get people in, and they think they need more training in that "tech". The course is to help someone on the "help" button (angle).

I will also send you a PM with more information.

Terril park

Sponsor
I did the Dissem course several years ago when the Freewinds crew were touring around the AOs delivering courses.

It is mainly the lectures but also had various other references to do with dissemination of scientology and salesmanship.

It is totally a course for "gung-ho scientologists" who want to learn how to better spread the gospel of Hubbard to the world at large.

Having worked with various applied Scholastics personnel in a number of places here in Oz, let me just say that it is totally run by scientologists and is inextricably linked to the Co$ financially and corporately.

I've seen a few try to take it beyond the scientology boundaries but none succeed.

And, as Zinj pointed out, ABLE is a Sea Org op in its entirety and runs ApS Int via its "consultant" at ABLE Int.

Like Narconon Int, it is mostly staffed by long-time scilons and pays its fees directly to ABLE Int as well as pays copyright fees directly to the coffers as well.

I've never seen a non-scio succeed in either ApS or Narconon fields - a few have tried but been stopped in various ways so that the area is left entirely to "on-Source scientologists."

DSR if you want more data, PM me, OK?

Narconon was very successfull until taken over by RTC, probably as a cash cow.[ probably lol!!! what AM I saying] Alan Walter has commented on this
here and others also.

A Parallel would be the success of missions compared to the failure of RTC.

Veda

Sponsor
Narconon, almost from its inception, was used as a front group for the (per its founder's design) enlightenment-coated deceptive&abusive personality-cult of Scientology. Per front group "tech," it was to be mostly run by well meaning, but naive, people (Hubbard called them "dupes") and, other than possible government grant money, was not to be a commercial product.

That was changed in the late 1980s (approx), and, thus, one might say that 'Destructive Cut' front group tech is somewhat "out."

Perhaps, as some hope, the Scientology of the 1970s can return - a full blown people-abusing cult operating at full efficiency - with a vibrant mental-healing disguise-layer, an effective PR department, a busy slave-labor ("rehabilitation") section, and a busy and effective covert "dirty tricks" department.

Ah, the "good old days."

Andrew

Patron with Honors
The prime notion embodied in "study tech" is that conceptual understanding of a subject or its principles has a foundation in the understanding of the words used. Everything else is method and explanation.

This is about right.

Most of the disputes on this thread really reduce down to the difference between a philosophy and it's practice.

It's best to outline which one you are arguing about. ie Are you wanting to protest about the philosophy of study tech or just about this particular practice in the form of Applied Scholastics?