What's new

Need help with inflow/outflow to answer boss

urnotajediyet

My boss sent me an email at 5:00 am. I know she/he went over a lot of this info in a marketing meeting, but I didn't pay much attention when she/he started talking about vacuums and vats of water. Now I'm in a deep vat of water trying to answer her/his testing of if I was really listening and absorbing the point she/he was making. Can anyone help? I'm in trouble!

Boss: We talked about two large vats of water, one sitting beside the other one. One was empty and one was full of water. They will remain like this for many many years, until a tube is extended from the full one to the empty one and water syphened from the full one to the emply one.

Boss: I would like you to answer three questions below

Boss: When will the water stop flowing into the empty vat?
Me: When both vats have an equal amount of water.
Boss: This would be correct

Boss: Why?
Me: Because the inflow/outflow are equal.
Boss: I am not sure I understand this answer. Can you explain it more to me.

Boss: How does this equate to us and our inflow of people into our offices? Me: At this time our inflow is very low. Our outflow needs to increase in order to fill up the "vat".
"End of email"

Disinfected

Patron Meritorious
snip

"End of email"

The correct answer is that the boss' analogy is inapplicable and there is no outflow=inflow in a siphon tube.

The only related analogy I could see is that there is a big vat of potential clients outside your door and if you extend your tube (i.e. reach - communication) into this big vat maybe some will flow into your shop.

Hope this helps.

And in the future, do your own homework :thumbsup:

pollywannacracker

Patron Meritorious
Since you are submitting this e-mail to the ESMB, it sounds like you boss is a scientologist or at least uses the management tech (which by default will turn him into a scientologist if he isn't already).

The analogy you gave seems to be correct in a physical sense. Kinda like osmosis and diffusion when you think on a cellular level or pertaining to physical gases.

Per scientology business tech (and scientology tech too), the outflow of promo or communication, if done correctly and ethically, should influence potential customers to flood your business with new potential business prospects. Then you would just need to close the deal or sale.

Promo out = numbers of new customers in. (This is not stated verbatim to the acutal reference but the idea is the same).

I hope this helps!

-PWC

Blue Spirit

Silver Meritorious Patron
OUTFLOW = INFLOW

Hubbard says that, and that is the essense of it.

It does work and I used to use it in sales.

The best tip from Hub's work is to indicate to the potential

customer exactly the reality you see in that person from

your observation. That creates agreement and is the best secret for sales.

It works as I've proven to myself.

Also you should learn the tone scale and the CDEI scale and how to use them.
All of these materials are on line.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
The best tip from Hub's work is to indicate to the potential customer exactly the reality you see in that person from your observation. That creates agreement and is the best secret for sales.

Translation: Lie. Promise anything. Get the money.

Zinj

Disinfected

Patron Meritorious
Hubbard says that, and that is the essense of it.

It does work and I used to use it in sales.

Yes, but in Scientology I always found it presented in an almost mystical, karmic fashion. In fact Hubbard says something along the lines that it is magical, doesn't he? I just found the siphon analogy inapt.

urnotajediyet

My problem is the specific answers to respond with to Questions # 2 and #3. Really, my job could be on the line with this and I don't have the right words with which to respond.

1. Boss: When will the water stop flowing into the empty vat?
Me: When both vats have an equal amount of water.
Boss: This would be correct

2. Boss: Why?

3. Boss: How does this equate to us and our inflow of people into our offices?
Me: At this time our inflow is very low. Our outflow needs to increase in order to fill up the "vat".

Disinfected

Patron Meritorious
Boss: Why?

The "why" is that the flow stops when the pressures on vats equalize. This is physics, not Scientology. Does he want to know why a siphon works? I don't get it.

Tell him he's a squirrel (joke - do NOT do that).

BC1

Patron with Honors
It sounds like your boss is maybe hinting that you should increase your outflow, ie work harder or longer. Maybe you should go back with some suggestions on how you could increase outflow. You might also want to look for something else if this is how your boss operates, not a very professional management style.

urnotajediyet

Zinj,
True, you have no reason to care about my job. But, your presence in this ESMB indicates that you "care" about the influence of Scientology overall. Otherwise, why bother reading or posting anything here? You are not a passive observer, but an active participant. Unless, of course, your motive is that you just need someplace to vent your negativity. If so, perhaps you could pick someone else's post to reply to?

I am here because I sincerely need the assistance of someone who is familiar with Scientology beliefs and teachings with regard specificially to marketing and sales. My boss is a Scientologist and although I may not agree with Scientology dogma, my boss does. I also believe that there are many things you can take from various beliefs, religions, etc. that can help you improve your outlook, vocation, personal life and so on when applied strategically and prudently. Christianity, Buddhism, Muslim, Judaeism, or what have you can provide moral and ethically sound priniciples.

I appreciate that you are not interested in helping me with these physic/marketing examples. Please do me the courtesy of allowing someone who is interested to respond without your vitriol.

Thank you.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
That's the first mention you make that your boss is a Scientologist; nice save :)

And, I not only don't care about your job, I don't think it's very valuable to feed trolls, whether Scientology-based or just run-of-the-mill. At the very least it encourages them.

Zinj

Disinfected

Patron Meritorious
I appreciate that you are not interested in helping me with these physic/marketing examples. Please do me the courtesy of allowing someone who is interested to respond without your vitriol.

Well, if you want the physics answer, I gave it.

If you a Scientology answer, maybe it is a trick question. You see the flow will never stop. So long as you continue to outflow, you will inflow.

To clarify, in Scientology it will only stop when ALL the water is in your vat. Bwahahahaha

Blue Spirit

Silver Meritorious Patron
MORE

ZINJ does that to everyone.

In Scientology he is called a "Joker and Degrader".

Put him on your "IGNORE" list.

One could continue to syphon following the water being equal in each jar
which would be analogous to more outflow.
Your boss doesn't sound too bright, but wants to make it more complex
than it is.

If you want to get on his good side, I'd recommend buying the Management
Volume #3 on Ebay, or preferably finding it on the net, where it must be and
then study and learn the entire "Marketing Series" consisting of 38 separate
Issues (writings), although 16 are dated after LRH kicked the bucket.

The Reality button is my best advice. Read "Advice To A Letter Registrar".

That is the best I can do.

Zinj,
True, you have no reason to care about my job. But, your presence in this ESMB indicates that you "care" about the influence of Scientology overall. Otherwise, why bother reading or posting anything here? You are not a passive observer, but an active participant. Unless, of course, your motive is that you just need someplace to vent your negativity. If so, perhaps you could pick someone else's post to reply to?

I am here because I sincerely need the assistance of someone who is familiar with Scientology beliefs and teachings with regard specificially to marketing and sales. My boss is a Scientologist and although I may not agree with Scientology dogma, my boss does. I also believe that there are many things you can take from various beliefs, religions, etc. that can help you improve your outlook, vocation, personal life and so on when applied strategically and prudently. Christianity, Buddhism, Muslim, Judaeism, or what have you can provide moral and ethically sound priniciples.

Thank you.

urnotajediyet

That's the first mention you make that your boss is a Scientologist; nice save :)

And, I not only don't care about your job, I don't think it's very valuable to feed trolls, whether Scientology-based or just run-of-the-mill. At the very least it encourages them.

Zinj

It may not be very valuable to feed trolls, but it IS very valuable to feed my family, whatever their beliefs.

Speaking of trolls.......and cleaning the mind from the inside-out.....you might do well to follow your own posts.