What's new

New Article Coming from Village Voice re CST Vaults?

cyan

Patron
I don't know where I read it but in the slew of Village Voice and St. Petersburg Times' articles recently, I remember seeing something that indicated the VV might be working on a new article about the CST vaults.

And no, I couldn't be more vague if I tried. Sorry about that, I just don't remember if it was a comment to one of the articles that alluded to that possibility or something else I read that gave me the idea.

Has anyone else seen evidence VV is working on something like this?

And if so, is there really anything new on the subject?

olska

Silver Meritorious Patron
I haven't seen it or heard any news of it, but I hope it's true and will be watching for it. If you see it, alert us! Even if there is "nothing new" to say about the vaults, more coverage of that weirdness can only help the cause against this destructive cult.

ChurchOfCylontology

Patron with Honors
I don't know where I read it but in the slew of Village Voice and St. Petersburg Times' articles recently, I remember seeing something that indicated the VV might be working on a new article about the CST vaults.

I know Tony is working on several Scientology stories, including one he teased about this last Saturday (yesterday), which I was hoping to see this weekend but he usually releases his big stories on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (it seems).

For those of us not familiar with the acronym CST, would you be so kind as to spell it out for us?

cyan

Patron
Thanks, CofC, I look forward to his next piece.

CST=Church of Spiritual Technology. My understanding is that it's the entity that controls all the copyrights of LRH's work (including Scn books and OT documents). They are also in charge of safeguarding LRH's work for all eternity and, thus, are responsible for the construction and upkeep of the vaults.

More at wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_Spiritual_Technology

ChurchOfCylontology

Patron with Honors
Thanks, CofC, I look forward to his next piece.

CST=Church of Spiritual Technology. My understanding is that it's the entity that controls all the copyrights of LRH's work (including Scn books and OT documents). They are also in charge of safeguarding LRH's work for all eternity and, thus, are responsible for the construction and upkeep of the vaults.

Aaahhhh, yes. The booby logo that is forever burned into the hillside of New Mexico. If they actually think that the symbol is visible from space then I have a bridge to sell them in New Yo.......oh wait.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron

And no, I couldn't be more vague if I tried. Sorry about that, I just don't remember if it was a comment to one of the articles that alluded to that possibility or something else I read that gave me the idea.

Has anyone else seen evidence VV is working on something like this?

And if so, is there really anything new on the subject?
Judging by past performance I wouldn't be surprised if he had anything new. Even if he doesn't, there seems to be a thread of disclosure here by the village voice:
1) Annie Broeker (Tidman) held against her will until death.
2) Shelley Miscavige is missing since 2006.
3) Shelley's mother
4) Existance of CST vaults where Shelley is allegedly being held.

He is going after Miscavige directly. The implication of all of these stories together is that David Miscavige is holding his wife against her will in a CST vault until she dies. Shelley may be able to testify to the FBI that her mother may have been murdered. Even if she doesn't testify to that, questioning her could get her to talk about other things. Miscavige may end up in prison. Very good move by Tony Ortega.

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Not only is Tony Ortega funny, smart and kicking Scientology's ass, but he's a sexy beast as well.

14_Newspaperman.jpg

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Not only is Tony Ortega funny, smart and kicking Scientology's ass, but he's a sexy beast as well.

14_Newspaperman.jpg

Man, that's a good photo! Black and white doesn't get used enough.

Note the early-edition DMSMH on the desk (with the $1.00 price sticker on the spine) and the "Messiah or Madman" on the stack. And the bottles!

Paul

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Man, that's a good photo! Black and white doesn't get used enough.

Note the early-edition DMSMH on the desk (with the $1.00 price sticker on the spine) and the "Messiah or Madman" on the stack. And the bottles!

Paul

Agreed Paul, it's a great picture. Really tells a story. The bottles make it even better!

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Yes, I agree. It is a great photo.

He's obviously been researching "Book and Bottle".:)
Hey, maybe that's going to make that utterly boring exerzise, Book & Bottle, more suited to grown people.. Many books and bottles!

Nah.. I'd still be bored stiff I reckon.. Enough to fake a 'win' after a while and accept the financial loss.

:yes:

Natalie

Patron with Honors
I hadn't heard before that LRH was coming back to one of the CST bases. Interesting. The Stud Muffin and I donated to that damn ASI project for the titanium plates etc. It was that fab espresso we were given over at the ASI building that pushed us over the edge. :biggrin:

Not sure how to edit my first post to remove the question mark from the thread title, but in any event, here it is!

Village Voice article about CST vaults.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/02/scientologys_se.php

cyan

Patron
Things I learned from this article:

I didn't know about the whole reincarnation/raising LRH until he could run CoS again.

Also wasn't aware of the designation "Rimforest" for the Twin Peaks facility.

One other thought struck me as I read about the cost and effort that went into these vaults. It all struck me as rather earnest and sincere (at least on the part of the people who actually worked on it and have been willing to talk about the vaults, their design and their cost). In other words, most of the stuff that has filtered out about the vaults and the plates is that people were actually doing what they said they were doing. Money was raised to safeguard LRH's words and that's how the money was actually spent.

Yes, I know there is plenty of wiggle room here. We don't know how much of the money raised actually went toward building the vaults and paying for the plates. But it feels like there was a higher percentage of money spent on this (against the money raised) than we've seen in the case of the Super Power Building. At the very least, the amount spent has been in the millions.

Why so much? When, for several hundred thousand you could have done enough to convince the rank and file (the ones who knew about it, anyway), that you were safeguarding LRH's words, that you were doing what you said that you were doing? The surplus of money raised could then have gone into reserve or to pay for fancy suits for DM or to get him a new motorcycle.

To put it another way, what we have heard so far about the vaults makes it sound like it's not a scam.

And that raises a red flag for me.

Because the only reason you spend that much on a secret project is if you actually believe in the purported reason for doing it. And that argues that DM believes in LRH, the tech and the future of humanity.

I don't buy it.

Here are two possible reasons for spending so much on the vaults that, I feel, better fits the real intent of the CoS under DM.

1. The vaults are simply cover for the actual facilities around them which are meant to be. . .something. Secure prisons for people like Shelly? Self sufficient safehouses for DM in the event of his super-paranoid view of the world comes to pass? The "protecting LRH's words" is just the shore story.

2. The whole project is a giant insurance policy of sorts for DM. When he is accused of misspending the church's money and benefiting from everyone's largess, he can turn to the vaults and say "see, we spent the money just like we said we would. Millions were coming in and millions were going out, if I was that bad, why wouldn't I spend this money on other stuff - you didn't even know I was spending it on this!"

Am I stretching too far to find the underlying conspiracy? Is it simply possible that the insane story about LRH coming back and needing his words protected so he can save post-apocalyptic humanity is actually believed by DM and this project proves it?

I mean, millions have been spent on the Super Power Building and it's totally BS, too.

In the end, I keep getting tripped up by the secrecy. If it is a sincere project, why keep it secret?

I be so confused.

freethinker

Sponsor
Someone who actually knows something here can correct me but from what I understand from what I have read online is that DM has no control over CST but they have control over him by owning the key symbols and trademarks that would prevent all others from being used if the licensing were revoked.

So, my belief is that DM does not believe in the tech but someone or group at CST does or they are having these facilities built for some undisclosed reason.

If I am correct, DM does not control CST.

To put it another way, what we have heard so far about the vaults makes it sound like it's not a scam.

And that raises a red flag for me.

Because the only reason you spend that much on a secret project is if you actually believe in the purported reason for doing it. And that argues that DM believes in LRH, the tech and the future of humanity.

I don't buy it.

This is anyones guess here but to spend that much on these projects definitely has some purpose, but being the return of LRH may only be a fiction story to cover the true one. That they are building so many vaults doesn't make sense. Wouldn't LRH have left instructions on where to build and give one, maybe two possible locations for his return so that he doesn't have to "find his way" ?

Am I stretching too far to find the underlying conspiracy? Is it simply possible that the insane story about LRH coming back and needing his words protected so he can save post-apocalyptic humanity is actually believed by DM and this project proves it?

I mean, millions have been spent on the Super Power Building and it's totally BS, too.

In the end, I keep getting tripped up by the secrecy. If it is a sincere project, why keep it secret?

I be so confused.

I have never met DM, so all I can presume is he is a true believer, but he is such a narcissist that he believes he is doing the right actions to ensure Scientology's success. He has gone way past the point of slavish devotion to what LRH has written, to believing it is up to him, and him alone. So he has the right to "tweak" Ron's writings, has the right cook up the IAS to fund a giant war chest for his return, has the right to build Scientology's image by building vast numbers of ideal orgs, but sadly (for the true believers), like it says in good ole KSW - Ron only had trouble from executives that couldn't assimilate straight Scientology - he is incapable of making real stats rise, of getting massive training and processing being delivered on a volume basis. He is a "know best", a "Tiger". I wouldn't be surprised if he was unaware this was a failure on his part. Other people, other lower staff, ex scios, Anon's, etc, etc are screwing up his good works and are the why stats are down.

And I think he has believed this from the start, that he was Ron's successor, and he took steps to ensure his ultimate role in saving Scientology from day one, when he saw what was becoming of Ron, hiding out in his trailer. He felt no remorse for keeping Ron out of the loop because it was up to Davie to bring it off. To keep the dream alive, despite the author's failings.

In other words, I think he is loony tunes.

Mimsey

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Someone who actually knows something here can correct me but from what I understand from what I have read online is that DM has no control over CST but they have control over him by owning the key symbols and trademarks that would prevent all others from being used if the licensing were revoked.

Maybe on paper, but in reality all the people concerned kiss DM's butt. So says Larry Brennan and I have no reason to disbelieve him.

As far as I can tell, the vaults and archives are for the stated money-black-hole purpose, crazy as it is and especially so since the vault locations have been all over the internet for years. Imagine how freaked out they must have been when AGP showed up. :biggrin:

Paul

P.S. Yet another great article from Tony Ortega.