What's new

New Article Coming from Village Voice re CST Vaults?

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

14_Newspaperman.jpg

. . . just love that crystal ball on top of the Dianetics book: the old and the new, each as scientific as the other. (EDIT: d'oh . . . second look, it might actually be one of those snow thingee wotsits)

Some new data (for me) from the Tortega about the supah sekrit base which I'm still chuckling about . . . Squirrel Inn Road!! Hahahaha!!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
. . . just love that crystal ball on top of the Dianetics book: the old and the new, each as scientific as the other. (EDIT: d'oh . . . second look, it might actually be one of those snow thingee wotsits)

I think the photographer placed it there for the sake of composition, to balance up Tony's head on the right side and also go with the glass bottles, with the round shape a counterpoint to all the squares and rectangles there. It serves no functional purpose where it is, unless it is symbolic of a paperweight stopping the lightweight reading matter blowing away.

Paul

Lovinglife625

Patron with Honors
Just emailed Larry with a link to this thread asking him to shed light on this.

At Free's request to me on one of my emails, I am going to share some older posts of mine that discuss CST.

FWIW:

https://whyweprotest.net/community/...with-complete-notes.54878/page-2#post-1139156

http://exscnforum.com/index.php/topic/114-church-of-spiritual-technology-–-a-little-background/

http://forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=168661&postcount=121

Sorry I have not been very active outside of a bit on WWP but have a lot happening personally. Am looking forward to being in better touch on here soon:)

w/<3

:biggrin: Ah, the hard-bitten and unflappable newspaperman, a rough-cut diamond with a heart of gold! :happydance:

I spy rum and Coke! Is he Cuban? :biggrin:

Sweetness has a crush!!! :biglove:

HI TONY!!! :batseyelashes:

Oh, and I second what Paul said about the pic!!!

Would it make more sense if they were engraving LRH's bullshit on gold? The titanium plate stuff is a good cover for buying and storing huge amounts of gold. I'm sure most of the SO members involved believe "LRH's writings" are the valuable items they are protecting, I'm sure there is plenty of that there, but I think all the vault, secrecy and other bullshit is due to them sacking away gold. (Don't get me wrong, LRH did want to "smash his name' into the history books and since he didn't exactly achieve that I'm sure he would be fine with a nuclear holocaust happening and some poor survivors 400 years later finding his dreck and taking it seriously and believe he was an almighty important man.)

Do you think paranoid LRH actually had policies telling the SO to put his big bucks in banks when he was gone? Or in any form that the government could touch or get a cut of? Hell this was the guy that sent SO members on a mission to go to a swiss bank to physically go look, count, and weigh his money.

Those VAULTS are being built to hold precious metals - holding people or his writings are incidental or a by-product. Even funnier that they say they have to build a house for LRH to come back to and be raised in.

I seriously can totally imagine that policy, written for when he dropped the body. You will build houses for me to be raised in, and most importantly all MY GOLD, safe, secure, accounted for better be right fucking there under the house too!!

Do you think all the money LRH socked away when he was alive just went back into the CoS?? The amounts they talk about delivering to LRH back then are astounding. LRH took money from the CoS, he didn't give it. We know Mary Sue didn't get anything much from his estate, nor his children. I think its because LRH's instructions (screw that you can't take it with you crap) he just is having CoS safely hold it in vaults for him till he comes to get it again.

It does point to the fact that Davey still lives in fear of LRH's wrath, or even his ghost. That he would dutifully carry out this project, along with the house at Int, means he does/did believe LRH was coming back.

Funny, I wonder if his faith is shaken a bit more every year when LRH doesn't appear. (He died in 1986 - so he would be 26 years old in his 'new body" - well past the age he should have turned back up at.) I did hear there was lots of rumors and anticipation at Int around 2004 or thereabouts, like they really thought "this was the year" LRH would show up again. I'd love to hear more about that and how strong the belief was among the SO or what rumors abound about his suppose return and if they still believe its going to occur. (LRH sure has been hanging out at Target 2 for awhile at this rate...)

I used to think the vaults themselves were lined with gold bricks...but ExSO says no...Darn. It was a good theory...for hiding all that illicit loot. :yes:

(Sweetness has a good imagination :giggle:)

14_Newspaperman.jpg

It appears to be a 1950 first edition of 'Dianetics', which would have the Introduction by Dr. J. A. Winter. A year later, Winter would write in his 1951 book, 'A Doctor's Report on Dianetics':

"There was a difference between the ideals inherent in the Dianetic hypothesis and the actions of the Foundation in its ostensible efforts to carry out these ideals. The ideals, as I saw them, included non-authoritarianism and a flexibility of approach. The ideals... continued to be given lip-service, but I could see a definite disparity between ideals and actualities."

And, in 1959, Hubbard, thinking of Dr. Winter, would write in his 'HCO Manual of Justice':

"Dianetics and Scientology are self-protecting sciences. If one attacks them one attacks all the know-how of the mind. It caves in the bank. It's gruesome sometimes.

"At this instance there are men hiding in terror on Earth because they found out what they were attacking. There are men dead because they attacked us - for instance Dr. Joe Winter [wrote Introduction to 'DMSMH', and the book, 'A Doctor's Report on Dianetics' with an Introduction by Fritz Perls]. He simply realized what he did and died. There are men bankrupt because they attacked us - [Don] Purcell, Ridgeway, [publisher of 'DMSMH'] Ceppos."

And it appears to be the hard bound third edition of 'Messiah or Madman?' which would have this in its book flap material:

"I have high hopes of smashing my name
into history so violently that it will take a
legendary form even if all the books are
destroyed. That goal is the real goal as far as
I am concerned. Things which stand too
consistently in my way make me nervous.
It's a pretty big job. In a hundred years
Roosevelt will have been forgotten - which
gives some idea of the magnitude of my
attempt. And all this boils and froths inside
my head...
"Psychiatrists, reaching the high of the
dusty desk, tell us that Alexander, Genghis
Khan and Napoleon were madmen. I know
they're maligning some very intelligent
gentlemen."

L. Ron Hubbard wrote these words in a letter to
his first wife in 1938.

In 1950 he wrote the bestseller 'Dianetics, the
Modern Science of Mental Health. This inspired a
layman oriented mental health movement which,
ultimately, developed into Scientology, the most
profitable of the money-making new religions.

Hubbard's early Dianetic and Scientology writings
borrow freely from Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung, and
the founder of General Semantics, Alfred Korzybski.

And P.T. Barnum appears to have been an inspiration.

Hubbard also took much from the writings of Aleister
Crowley - self-proclaimed "Beast 666." This is a source
of embarrassment for the Scientology Church, which
is determined to achieve broad public acceptance.

In the 1960s Hubbard incorporated Brainwashing
methodologies into the subject. He established the
"Fair Game Policy" which states that an "enemy" of
Scientology "may be deprived of property or injured
by any means by any Scientologist, without
discipline of that Scientologist. May be tricked,
sued, lied to or destroyed."

He also became the Commodore of his own private
navy, and began to refer to himself as "Source."

L. Ron Hubbard, Messiah or Madman? exposes
as never before the dark side of Scientology, yet
contains an in-depth examination of the potential
positives of the subject and their actual origins.

As for the bottles, I can't quite make out the brands, although I do recall that Scientology once attempted to "dead agent" Tony Ortega by claiming that he was an "alcoholic," so they may have been strategically placed in the photo, just to play with Scientology's collective Hubbard-cult-mind.

I hope that is a signed copy of "Messiah or Madman" which will end up in the Smithsonian Institute someday, as being crucial to the demise of this dangerous and destructive American Cult!!! :clap:

freethinker

Sponsor
Thanks Larry, that settles it for me.:thumbsup:
At Free's request to me on one of my emails, I am going to share some older posts of mine that discuss CST.

FWIW:

https://whyweprotest.net/community/...with-complete-notes.54878/page-2#post-1139156

http://exscnforum.com/index.php/topic/114-church-of-spiritual-technology-–-a-little-background/

Sorry I have not been very active outside of a bit on WWP but have a lot happening personally. Am looking forward to being in better touch on here soon:)

w/<3

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
The article referenced in the OP is up.

Over the years, we've talked to a lot of former Scientologists, many of whom worked at the church's secretive desert headquarters in Southern California, "Int Base." They were cut off from their families and the outside world, and became accustomed to living in secrecy. But even these people adopt a somewhat hushed tone when they tell me about the most secret organization in all of Scientology, the Church of Spiritual Technology. Mention CST, and even longtime former members of the church admit that they knew almost nothing about it, or even where CST's own super-secret headquarters was located.

Read it here and.... Enjoy :)

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/02/scientologys_se.php

Veda

Sponsor

FWIW:

w/<3

You are loved and respected, and your postings to ESMB have been missed. Fortunately, you've already contibuted so much valuable information and insight that ESMB readers have a wealth of your writings to consult. :)

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Oh my, what an AWESOME article!!! Good on ya Tony!
I wish I could copy and paste it here but you're gonna have to click through, there are lots of photos. Fascinating stuff.

And this popped out, not the main theme of the article but yet another example of the insanity:

Gill remembers that he was assigned to dig up a big pile of moldy stuff. "We were going through it and throwing it away. Suitcases and things," Gill says. And then the thought suddenly hit him: "Oh my God, this many people had been here before me and had gone, and this was all their crap. All moldy, and under tarps."

Gill says his wife had also been sent to the Int Base, but he wasn't allowed to talk to her.

Besides the hard labor, he was intensely interrogated, and in one of those sessions, he learned that he was being blamed for another person's "crimes" -- in this case, the crime of masturbation. We've written previously that when Sea Org members are interrogated, they are put under intense pressure not only to confess to mistakes they've made in their job or doubts they have about Scientology, but they are also questioned about their sexual practices. In this case, Gill explains, a fellow member admitted to masturbating, and told his interrogators that the idea to do so had come into his head after Dylan Gill threw a condom at him.

Gill admits that the story sounds ridiculous. But at the time, what upset him about it was that his interrogators were not following standard Scientology policy. If they had been, they wouldn't be blaming him for something that another person had done.
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/02/scientologys_se.php

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

He [Miscavige] does not understand Scientology and he does not understand people at all - so he just uses Hubbard dreck blindly and forcefully. He KNOWS it - he just doesn't understand it.

-snip-

Oh, I think he understands Scientology quite a bit, perhaps better than anyone, having been the only person with full access to all of Hubbard's writings, including his instructions and "Command Intention" of the latter years, when Hubbard focused on the final phase of his life long "real goal" to "smash his name into history," by accumulating as much money as possible, and preserving his name and writings in stainless steel and titanium, so that he would be remembered thousands of years from now.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Some of the article comments:

John P.
I just love reading about the stuff survivalists build in their deluded fantasies. The best fun is trying to figure out what assumptions they've made about what the post-nuclear apocalypse world will be like that will cause the whole thing to fall apart much sooner than the nut jobs building the thing would like. In other words, the blind spots in the survival strategy are always fun to spot.

In the case of the CST bases, the reliance on generators to power the vaults is kind of amusing. Do they actually expect the mutants in a collapsed post-nuclear civilization to make regular diesel fuel deliveries to keep the argon gas flowing? How big are the fuel tanks?

They also have combination locks on the heavy, armored vault doors. Is LRH supposed to know a combination that was created long after he died? And if he does know the combination because he remembers everything in the next life that he said and did in this life, what makes the Scientologists so sure he would want to use the same old craziness? Wouldn't he want to spout new and improved craziness this time around?

Finally, the giant logos visible from space: while I am sure the Scientologists who are behind all this hope that Hubbard sees the logo from the window seat in the first class section of his Marcabian Airlines DC-8 as he's cruising what's left of the ruined earth, isn't it a little unlikely that they will have scheduled air service (or at least charter flights available) if civilization has collapsed into a heap of smoldering ruin?

The contradictions and the technical flaws of the CST operation are silly, of course. But the real value of the article, which you didn't say explicitly, is the contrast on one hand between the self-importance of the Church of Scientology which thinks that every scribble and utterance of Hubbard is so important that it's worth trying to preserve for millions of years and, on the other hand, the great job the Church is doing shrinking its numbers and alienating the rest of humanity so that it's not clear that it will be in business in another decade.

FoolMeNoMore
Believe it or not these vaults contain costum made AV equipment that run on solar power (no batteries required) Including, meters, projectors and CD players.
Davescomm liked this

John P. reply to FoolMeNoMore
That's a very interesting data point. But like I said in my earlier comment, the fun of looking at these survivalist schemes is picking out the blind spots that the builders have missed.

While they get props for being clever enough to adapt the power supplies for their equipment to run on solar power (low DC voltages instead of 120 AC), the problem is not with the power source, it's with the longevity of the equipment that they're trying to power.

Most digital equipment today is built on circuit boards made of epoxy plastic resin. Epoxy degrades over time. The likelihood that a circuit board will still be in good enough shape in 50 years that the all the traces (the printed metal "road map" of wiring on the board) will be intact is virtually nil. And that's just looking at dual-layer boards from the 1980s. Modern boards are 20+ layers with extremely thin traces, and the chances that such boards will survive for 50-100 years into the future, is probably close to zero. Even if the gear is stored in an inert nitrogen atmosphere, there are volatile organic compounds that leach out of the resin in the boards that over time make them brittle, and they're then susceptible to cracking with temperature variations. In other words, while the first iPhone will probably be in a museum somewhere in 2062, it almost certainly won't be able to boot up and look for a signal.

By comparison, old vacuum tube radios can survive for a long time because they're tubes (glass and metal), metal discrete wires (which can be easily replaced) built on a metal chassis. Old vacuum tube radios are easy to fix if you have spare parts, and those spare parts don't degrade over time.

But spare parts for a modern device would be made at the same time as the original device and would be aging at the same rate. So you can't solve the problem by putting 100 tape recorders into the vault, since they'll all be subjected to the same aging process at the same rate as the primary equipment.

So in other words, there's no way to escape a major point of failure for any device that requires electric power to be used after an apocalyptic event. That's why the smarter survivalists prefer knives to fancy firearms with lots of small metal parts that can jam, break or rust. The titanium sheets with etched words will probably work but the audio/visual stuff certainly won't, even as soon as 50 years from now.

Chuck Beatty
IN the "Isaac Hayes" film ("Why TRs") LRH (via Isaac who is the narrator, Isaac is standing on this really semi cheezy but glitzy floating space observatory, and Isaac can point his telescope at any planet in the galaxy, and he homes in on one and narrates the movie), Isaac makes several key points.

People on the Class 6 course need to get the "basics" behind how Hubbard's therapy works, namely that it takes the therapist PLUS the patient, to overcome the patient's damaged mind, and that's the primary factor. Auditor plus preclare is greater than preclare's "bank" (reactive mind, the "case" of the patient/preclear).

And that TRs, the drills to teach how to sit there and be a therapist and talk properly with the patient (preclear), are based on that most fundamental principle.

And Hubbard wants the Class 6 students to realize that when they reincarnate on some other planet, someday, and that planet is a decayed civilization, which is the example that Isaac in the movie aims his telescope at, the Class 6 student has to remember Scientology principles from memory!

Because it's only gonna be from memory that people take the LRH Scientology tech with them, to other planets, to spread Scientology there.

In otherwords people will be disseminating Scientology from how good their memory of the Hubbard Scientology tech.

It's a sobering and somewhat exciting movie, especially, in the context also of the Sea Organization, which has it's "We Come Back" mantra, and Sea Org members sign billion year contracts.

A bunch of interviewing of free speaking Scientologists who have no qualms about talking about their whole track past lives, and what they envision is ahead, in their future lives, will quickly show anyone how seriously these people take all this, and some are quite into this.

Chuck Beatty
LRH's future lives orders/writings/films have been completely underappreciated, and need to be a book length subject all to themselves.

The CST history, the LRH tech films (the "What TRs" film, I just call it the "Isaac Hayes" movie, then the movie Jason Beghe is in, which is nicknamed the "Chaplain" film is a cool look at how auditing would be used when earth goes Star Trek and there's lots of future space travel), there's LRH's INCOMM traffic about the millions of years ago computer system that spotted the "Duke of Chug" and handled him, there's LRH's despatch to David Mayo which Mayo discusses in a clip I posted on YouTube where LRH talks about coming back, there's LRH ED 339R Int where LRH talks about Clearing earth, then going off to clear another planet, until the whole universe is eventually gotten back to "Native State", and LRH ED 339R Int ties in with the "Isaac Hayes" film.

Yea, no one's put it all together, laid it out, not yet done in any book. Just snippets, but no one's yet laid it all out, together.

Damn, Tony. I think Tobin and Childs has nothing on you. The fact that Gill told you his story says a great deal. Excellent work. This story sums up so well the delusional and psychopathic world of scientology.

In reflection of my "time served", after finding out these last few years what was going on literally a few feet above me on another floor, or X number of miles north, south and east of me, reminds me how Hubbard's embedded paranoia was the architect of the most complex compartmenting within SciWorld. No one knew the whole story as it was happening. No one. These vault locations symbolize it succinctly. It was like a 3-D maze, but one that changed and shape shifted on an ongoing basis, and you never knew when the ground beneath your feet would swallow you up whole.

I've spoken before about the mass exodus in the 80's. There was a clear division of those who were mentally not within reach of rescue or escape as well as the true snakes that thrived in that new era when David Miscavige took over. The only difference, however, was that several layers of protection were stripped off and the sadistic practices were about to begin full force. By all reports, eventually those invisible shields buffering public wore down and off as well, and that is the cannabilistic chaos we hear taking place today.

Thank you, Gill, for telling your story. It will hold different meanings for different readers, but for most, it will help in the healing. I hope you can get some professional help with those remnants you still suffer from, because it can get better. No need to suffer this, honest.

While those of us who lived inside Alice in Wonderland have our own experiences, yours is truly unique. You had to actually go down the rabbit hole, and at 19 years old. Good on you for surviving and returning to the living. Your children should be very proud of their dad.

And lots more! Give Village Voice the click love.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I feel I should point out that the article is about our own exsomessenger. Good on you mate, very proud of you! :happydance:

exsomessenger
thanks for your kind words. i just take it one day at a time.

Edit, I see Div6 already caught that one.

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh, I think he understands Scientology quite a bit, perhaps better than anyone, having been the only person with full access to all of Hubbard's writings, including his instructions and "Command Intention" of the latter years, when Hubbard focused on the final phase of his life long "real goal" to "smash his name into history," by accumulating as much money as possible, and preserving his name and writings in stainless steel and titanium, so that he would be remembered thousands of years from now.

Very good point, Veda.
DM might be crazy, but he is not stupid.
He is caught up in a big operation that is not all that pretty
and he knows it. I would not want to be in his position or state of mind.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Just a couple more:

Kate Bornstein
Thank you, Tony. Thank you, Dylan. This is one of the most heartbreaking stories I've read about Scientology life to date.

Dylan, I'm so sorry to hear you were made to join the Sea Org at fourteen. And it's so sad to hear of the intolerable conditions of living for Sea Org members, the truest of believers. Whatever their wackiness or evil tentacles, we always could fall back on a noble thought or two—the work we were doing was so-o-o-o-o-o-o-o important. The future of humanity depended on us.

And these particular people were tasked with getting a place ready for LRH's return? I don't know about you, but I'm guessing more than one of the staff in those places wished with all their heart that he'd pick their place. They would have called it making positive postulates. Lots of other religions call it prayer.

I never joined a religion, nor did I sign my Sea Org contract in the belief that I was joining a religious order. It stuns me how deeply religious the whole thing has become. And the evil of David Miscavige preying on the true hearts of so many. See? It's heartbreaking.

Dylan, did you believe L. Ron Hubbard might incarnate in your nest? Or were you just made to join a group of... well, religious fanatics... and you went along with it cuz there was no choice? Again—I'm so sorry you had no choice. I'm asking all this of you, Dylan—and any other readers who might could shed some light on this—because my daughter was born into the Sea Org. She left to raise two children, and now she's back in the Sea Org with her two young teenagers—a boy and a girl. They're all at the Flag Land Base, to the best of my knowledge. My grandchildren, like my daughter, were born into the Sea Org—and I'm wondering what level of belief they might have. I'm hoping that they get to question what's most sacred to their hearts—and I'm hoping they don't have to go through too much pain to get to the point of questioning it.

Dylan, I'm glad you're free. Brave, brave you for speaking up. Feels good, doesn't it?

love & respect
Kate

TonyOrtega 8 hours ago in reply to Kate Bornstein
Kate Bornstein left comments on my story. What award do I need besides that?

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron

Some new data (for me) from the Tortega about the supah sekrit base which I'm still chuckling about . . . Squirrel Inn Road!! Hahahaha!!

Yeah! The crystal ball/snow thingie/book really grabbed my attention too.

What a terrific photo! So moody! So apt!

I note that one of the bulbs in the lamp has blown. Nice bit of symbolism. :coolwink:

freethinker

Sponsor
What about the dragon under the glass orb, what does that symbolize?
I think the photographer placed it there for the sake of composition, to balance up Tony's head on the right side and also go with the glass bottles, with the round shape a counterpoint to all the squares and rectangles there. It serves no functional purpose where it is, unless it is symbolic of a paperweight stopping the lightweight reading matter blowing away.

Paul