What's new

New book and websites by Debbie Cook on Fibromyalgia

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
A few short years ago she looked like death warmed over ... then she got the money and has been able to rest and subsequently rid herself of much of the STRESS she'd been under and that is what has miraculously sorted her health out.

I'd take medical advice from one of my dogs before I'd take it from Debbie Cook.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
She calls herself a "healthguru" now? And she promotes herself as an author of health books? Plural? What other books?

Well at least her arrogance is still healthy.
Her Amazon bio states:

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

She founded HealthKick as a means of simplifying healthy living information and making it as easy as possible to eat and live using healthier habits. She wrote the book, "HealthKick, Easy Healthy Living Hacks" to accomplish this. The HealthKick website and blog www.HealthKick.com is also packed full of information, with more added almost everyday.

Debbie also founded Fibro-Free, www.FibromyalgiaFree.org to provide helpful information to those suffering from Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue or Chronic Illness. Her book, "FIBROMYALGIA, Chronic Fatigue and Chronic Illness; Navigating through the confusion and lies and uncovering the real solutions to recover your health" is a summary of the best information and treatments to be able to recover from these debilitating syndromes and diseases.

Her next book, "Is Sugar Killing Me?, The Healthy Alternatives", focuses more on the dangers of sugar consumption as a leading cause of obesity and thus obesity related diseases and disabilities. Here she investigates alternatives to sugar, exposing the dangers of artificial sweeteners and explaining the best options in natural sweeteners. She then founded Sin Free Desserts - www.sinfreedesserts.com - introducing a line of desserts that are: free of sugar, free of any artificial sweeteners, wheat and gluten free, additives and preservatives free, low in carbs, high in protein, high in fiber and contain good omega 3 oils. In other words, ways to indulge that are actually good for you.

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
A few short years ago she looked like death warmed over ... then she got the money and has been able to rest and subsequently rid herself of much of the STRESS she'd been under and that is what has miraculously sorted her health out.

I'd take medical advice from one of my dogs before I'd take it from Debbie Cook.

I'd let her teach me that midget phobias can be valuable self-preservation techniques. That's about it.

Purple Rain

Crusader
I think the sin free desserts is a great idea. I love the clean look and design of the website, as well as the whole idea of the product. As far as anything else goes, I admire almost anyone who can write one book, let alone three, and I really admire her entrepreneurial spirit. It takes a lot of courage to start your own business, as I am finding out, and especially when you've lived the best years of your potential career in the Sea Org.

Lone Star

Crusader
I think the sin free desserts is a great idea. I love the clean look and design of the website, as well as the whole idea of the product. As far as anything else goes, I admire almost anyone who can write one book, let alone three, and I really admire her entrepreneurial spirit. It takes a lot of courage to start your own business, as I am finding out, and especially when you've lived the best years of your potential career in the Sea Org.

She's got plenty of start up capital to finance her business. A big advantage that most don't have when starting a business. She didn't have to go to a bank. Not courageous at all in my book. :no: Or her book. Lol....

I'm glad you enjoy the clean look and design of the website. Our past donos helped in at least a small part to finance it. :thumbsup:

Purple Rain

Crusader
She's got plenty of start up capital to finance her business. A big advantage that most don't have when starting a business. She didn't have to go to a bank. Not courageous at all in my book. :no: Or her book. Lol....

I'm glad you enjoy the clean look and design of the website. Our past donos helped in at least a small part to finance it. :thumbsup:

Well, you don't know that. You have no idea how much she got paid or on what it has been spent.

Lone Star

Crusader

Oh sure....let me get the figures here....okay...

Got a 2.5 mil settlement from the cult. And it appears that she and her Hubby spent on their 2+ year vacation approximately $389,000 dollars and 29 cents. No make that 59 cents. (The 2 sorta looked like a 5).

:hattip:

Purple Rain

Crusader
Oh sure....let me get the figures here....okay...

Got a 2.5 mil settlement from the cult. And it appears that she and her Hubby spent on their 2+ year vacation approximately $389,000 dollars and 29 cents. No make that 59 cents. (The 2 sorta looked like a 5).

:hattip:

Well, since you seem to know all about her finances I guess you are actually qualified to tell us all about them. Carry on! :carryon:

Lone Star

Crusader
Yeah Purple I don't know shit. I just like to pretend I do.

How did you like my exact figure of $389,000.59?

Of course that's ridiculous.

It was really $219,043.26.

SPsince83

Gold Meritorious Patron
PS: Starting with my fall from the hay barn...Within a 3" diameter spot on my right upper forehead I've had 57 stitches, 7 concussions and 2 hairline fractured skulls over 50 years. The countercoup for all this trauma was the right anterior brain lobe. The last "event" was some years back. I've pretty damn careful about my head since then. LOL:coolwink:

Well, that explains your involvement in scn. Mine, too. Football (interior line, both ways) snow ski falls, bicycle falls. No rodeo, though. I guess I didn't have enough trauma for the SO.:hysterical:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

Sister, is that you ????

''show your bitter apostate tongue '' ''say Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ...''
''good girl...good girl...''

231335_2d40_1024x2000.jpg

Billy Blinder

Patron with Honors
I'm so conflicted about all this recent Debbie Cook Stuff. :confused2:

Probably should keep my mouth shut...But, I've already opened my big fat, stupid and run-on mouth too much on ESMB so here goes. :melodramatic:

I'm truly sorry that Debbie has Fibromyalgia. I've done some reading about Fibromyalgia and empathize with the pronouncing symptoms I've read. As far as her book goes, I won't be buying or reading it. :no:

On another Thread and Rinder's Blog Post there has been much said about Debbie--pro and con--and her 17 years as "Captain" of the FSO". I'm not gonna enter into that discussion as I only vaguely recall her from my time during the mid 70's to early '80's as a Flag Senior Exec--other than to say that, IMHO, her 17 years as "Captain" was more a sign of the times and the rabid commitment, competence and dedicated to Hisself's life's continuum of numerous Folks I knew and will not attempt to name. :yes:

During the time Debbie was doing her 17 as "Captain" FSO there were also other Org ED's and CO's that remained on Post for years (some still there, AFAIK) with "Stats" that woulda had you "Shot" during the latter '60's-early '80's. :coolwink:

Debbie's Email was certainly a watershed moment--amounst many by others that "set the stage" for her "Moment". I do not--and have stated so before on ESMB--begrudge her one iota for setteling for the Dough. :no:

But, sorry, IMHO at this point her "Shtick" is all about how to "get some more dough from my misfortune, mistreatment or malady".

I've got TBI from multiple and one final contrecoup hemorrhagic lesion and mass (more than the diameter of a half dollar) to my right anterior lobe...From that final "event" my GCS was 7, PTA was >7 days, LOC was 16-20 hours. My TBI has been confirmed by CAT, MRI, multiple Neurologists examination and Psychologists testing. It's a miracle I'm alive, can read and Post on this Board. I've got pretty much every Fibromyalgia symptom I read...Plus a whole bunch of other Stuff I'm not gonna dwell on here.

So what's my point?

One of my dearest friends (30 years) that has helped me immeasurably is a brilliant Psychotherapist and has for several years tried to encourage and help me write a book about what I've been through surviving and living with TBI. I'm just not up to it anymore...There's so much that has been better written, more accurate and helpful than what little I have to say. I'm a sissy compared to most of my TBI Brethren. :eyeroll:

Maybe Debbie's book is the "Seminal" work re: Fibromyalgia. I dunno. :confused2:

Unfortunately I'm very leery, cautious and suspect of former SO Senior Execs, long term Scns and, especially, "Inner Circle" members...Such as myself! :ohmy:

Face:)

me too. We all change as life experiences change us.

I was so gung ho about scientology, I never thought in a million years when I was in, I would be on this side of the fence.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, that explains your involvement in scn. Mine, too. Football (interior line, both ways) snow ski falls, bicycle falls. No rodeo, though. I guess I didn't have enough trauma for the SO.:hysterical:

:lol:

I was also a Gunner on Special Teams. Back in the '60's we were taught to lead with the forehead part of our helmet--ideally into the opponents upper thorax and chin when tackling and, if that wasn't possible, the stomach, groin, knee or spine. Leading with the head is now outlawed and heavily penalized with good reason...It leads to concussions and severe neck injuries on the part of the tackler and all manner of gruesome injuries to the "Target". :yes:

Ostensibly, the modern "hard" helmet with internal webbing support and rubber cushioning and the later addition of the face mask was for "Safety". However for a number of decades, until the rules changes, the "Safety Helmet" was coached to be used in effect as a weapon. :angry:

EDIT PS: This is why the "Neck Roll" and "Neck Brace" was invented and wearing was so prominent in Football for some positions during the latter 20th Century...It supported and intensified the using of the helmeted head as a "Battering Ram" weapon.:coolwink:

EDIT PS: I still LOVE Football :happydance: and don't regret a minute of my time on the Gridiron. :no:

Last edited:

SPsince83

Gold Meritorious Patron

I was also a Gunner on Special Teams. Back in the '60's we were taught to lead with the forehead part of our helmet--ideally into the opponents upper thorax and chin when tackling and, if that wasn't possible, the stomach, groin, knee or spine. Leading with the head is now outlawed and heavily penalized with good reason...It leads to concussions and severe neck injuries on the part of the tackler and all manner of gruesome injuries to the "Target". :yes:

Ostensibly, the modern "hard" helmet with internal webbing support and rubber cushioning and the later addition of the face mask was for "Safety". However for a number of decades, until the rules changes, the "Safety Helmet" was coached to be used in effect as a weapon. :angry:

EDIT PS: This is why the "Neck Roll" and "Neck Brace" was invented and wearing was so prominent in Football for some positions during the latter 20th Century...It supported and intensified the using of the helmeted head as a "Battering Ram" weapon.:coolwink:

EDIT PS: I still LOVE Football :happydance: and don't regret a minute of my time on the Gridiron. :no:

Given that I played in the LATE 60s, I saw some of those "improvements" like forearm pads you could use as clubs, full face masks so you could REALLY spear someone in the sternum, the neck rolls and a few others. And yes, despite the pain in my neck which is constant, I loved it too. :coolwink:

Billy Blinder

Patron with Honors

gawd, in high school football, the coaches made me linebacker, and we was supposed to smash heads, head to head. I never did. It's funny cuz one guy said to me you have the hardest head on earth. Never told him I just used my arm to smack his head to the side. :omg:

I never did regular gym, me and my buddies took weight lifting as the option and I set the record for highest dead weight curl w/o bending the back, no cheating, or swinging.