What's new

NEW BOOK - Lucifer's Bridge: Scientology's Lost Paradise, by George White (Witek)

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
I just got some info off the Web....plenty here know lots more about this than I do....

Hubbard died in 1986.

OT 8 was released to the "paying public" in 1988.

But it sounds to me like "OT 8" has been altered several times....by the Cult, since LRH's death....

I read the book yesterday. I am pretty sure George said the policy was written in 1980.
It's a worthwhile read. He goes into great detail comparing $cientology to other religions and philosophies and attempts to describe how Hubbard painted himself into a philosophical corner, mostly by trying to create his own reality, with his limited understanding of science, religion and philosophy.

It also included the Jesse Prince testimony on how DM reacted to the material. Knowing it would create a shitstorm but releasing it anyway.

He also goes into the crazy things Flag tried to make him do to correct this bad rundown.
(Go back and start OT VI again and work back up at his own expense.)

I haven't read the full appendix yet, but I don't understand why I have never seen the actual PROCESSES for OT8 (also known as the student briefing.)
Did it have no processes or what?

The Jesus stuff might be the most sensational part of the rundown, but for me the fact that LRON wanted OT8's to create genetically pure bodies for him to come back in to was more astounding.

Old eugenicists never die?

Oh, and also the part where Ron casually tells the student if they are PTS during the rundown they will probably spontaneously combust. Scared the holy crap out of at least one student.

George appears to have put a massive amount of brainpower and research into this book. It is like nothing else I have read on the topic in terms of step by step comparisons to other philosophies and religions.
And yeah, Hubbard did come full circle on OTO probabably because circular reasoning only ever lands you back where you started;)

i remember way back when George first announced that he had done the original OT8 on Marty's blog.
No one would believe him.
I bet it feels good for him to finally make it a wrap with this book.

Last edited:

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've just bought the book from Amazon UK.

I knew two people who did the original OT8 and came back to the UK saying they wanted the MEST Universe to challenge them because they believed they were powerful enough to do anything they wanted.

Within a year they were both bankrupt, owed about half a million pounds to the banks and to other Scientologists and were recalled to the ship for ethics handlings.:duh:

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
archetypes

True, he did say it on the BC tapes also.

BUT....what I don't get is the last minute, so to speak, change in the "thrust" of the Bridge.

If OT3 and that "wall of fire" is true....and the Xenu stuff....(just joking) then why in hell....on the last level of the Bridge....does El Ron....get off into Christianity, and Jesus...and the Devil. It doesn't make sense to me. ( most of scientology doesn't....)

If as El Ron claims in numerous places that Jesus....is just an Implant....then why bother with it....? Why bother to say anything about his sexuality at all????

Seems way off to me.

If Jesus if an implant....then surely the Devil is also....??

(not to say evil doesn't exist...)

Seems like the same old, Cult mind fuck to me....

Seems to me that after decades in the Cult.....one finds out on OT 8 that El Ron is just doing OTO (Alister Crowley ) stuff still....and that was his purpose and thrust all along....??

So....what happens to Xenu? Is he just forgotten then, by the Cult?

Yes, these are fascinating questions...
These fictive entities are what is called "archetypes". Archetypes have to do with the sublime - on which "Gib" may be able to expound deeper. In symbolizing important human virtues, social concepts, or dangers/threats, they are referring to the most intense emotions that are possible, and some of them have to do with evoking strong but conflicting emotions, e.g. unusual combinations of emotions. When reading something fictious, or when a religious person is in "spiritual meditation", one gets a pleasurable effect from visualizing such archetypes.
I neither have the vocabulary nor the routine to expound on this without subtly failing the actual meaning of terms and concepts, so here are just some examples. IMO, an archetype can be characterized by the concept, idea, or emotion, that enters the mind of a devoted person first when thinking of them.
Thor is an archetype of power...
Isis (as characterized nowadays) is an archetype of creation, of doing magic...
Shiva is an archetype of destruction and renewal...
Jesus is an archetype of mercy...
Holy Mary is an archetype of purity...
Angels are archetypes of protection...
(Steiner's) Ahriman is an archetype of ratio...
The fictious comic character Dr. Doom is an archetype of a medieval count... Very merciless but also with knightly virtues.
Lucifer, in my personal definition (if interested in other people's conclusions/ramblings, you're invited to read some book, IDGAF) is an archetype of rebellion, unrest, facing the truth, and of dealing with conflicting concepts while resisting the urge to melt them, to unify them... :coolwink:

So, the concept just circumscribes "very powerful symbols". The concept might also be applied loosely on "the terrorist" or even on "disney princesses", but generally it can be said that a minor saint or demigod of a religion cannot be an archetype for disciples of this religion - althought he/she/it might become a central figure in sects of that religion or in other religions that include parts of the foreign pantheon and theology.

Whatever Hubbard did and thought in his adolescence and twenties and thirties and later, he wasn't brought up in an atheistic environment... and as a little boy he probably believed in angels and whatnot. Also, the occultists with whom he was in contact and from whom he learned, were of relatively "antichristian" breed, still referring to the christian archetypes, if but in an antagonistic way...

It is one of the characteristics of dementia that one first loses the newest memories, while childhood memories, including old songs ... and archetypes ... can stay very "vivid".

This might explain why he, when he was a goner, "switched back" to including conventional archetypes into his personal space opera ramblings, - even after decades of making up his own stuff, unrelated to these. That OTVIII writing looks like something he could have written in his occultist period - and on drugs.

:coolwink:

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
Re: archetypes

Snipped:

Whatever Hubbard did and thought in his adolescence and twenties and thirties and later, he wasn't brought up in an atheistic environment... and as a little boy he probably believed in angels and whatnot. Also, the occultists with whom he was in contact and from whom he learned, were of relatively "antichristian" breed, still referring to the christian archetypes, if but in an antagonistic way...

:coolwink:

I have written about this point a couple times. El Ron was born in 1911. The Silent Film Era was from 1895 to 1929.

So...El Ron, in his youth ....up until age 18....an adult really, and already with ideas formed from his life.....had only seen Silent Films.

But.....Silent Films were not really silent. Many had live organ music playing....and the dialog of the Films....was flashed upon the screen as written text.....upon cards.

To me.....this is so similar to Implants....and the "R2 Bank" and Clearing Course and OT 2........and similar things straight out of the Cult...and El Ron's writings.

Edited: Plus El Ron had a big interest in the organ.....and there are pictures of him playing an organ ...... (at Saint Hill?)

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Amazon U.S. #5 Best Seller and #1 Hot New Release in Scientology.

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Books-Scientology/zgbs/books/12773

attachment.php

Attachments

• Lucifers Bridge-Best Seller -001.jpg
    Lucifers Bridge-Best Seller -001.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 89

Gib

Crusader

BUT....what I don't get is the last minute, so to speak, change in the "thrust" of the Bridge.

If OT3 and that "wall of fire" is true....and the Xenu stuff....(just joking) then why in hell....on the last level of the Bridge....does El Ron....get off into Christianity, and Jesus...and the Devil. It doesn't make sense to me. ( most of scientology doesn't....)

If as El Ron claims in numerous places that Jesus....is just an Implant....then why bother with it....? Why bother to say anything about his sexuality at all????

Seems way off to me.

If Jesus if an implant....then surely the Devil is also....??

(not to say evil doesn't exist...)

Seems like the same old, Cult mind fuck to me....

Seems to me that after decades in the Cult.....one finds out on OT 8 that El Ron is just doing OTO (Alister Crowley ) stuff still....and that was his purpose and thrust all along....??

So....what happens to Xenu? Is he just forgotten then, by the Cult?

It's the art of Rhetoric, Aristotle, in my byline.

Of note is that Aristole, Rhetoric, was before Christ, also know as BC. Timelines are important.

Maybe the bible is rhetoric, an implant. LOL

And then again there is this:

http://www.ushistory.org/paine/reason/reason1.htm

I only read the free amazon website , look into the book, and read what George had to say.

I liked what he had to say. I'll read more when I get the book.

I find it kind of funny, from my viewpoint, which is having no deep religious beliefs since I was raised as a non religious upbringing.

all this hoop la of Christ being a lover of boys. I just laugh my ass off, since I never read the bible and it's rhetorical persuasion. Although there are words of wisdom, same as Hubbard. LOL

I do believe Hubbard turned hisself into a Jesus, a messiah, you might say.

CommunicatorIC

If OT3 and that "wall of fire" is true....and the Xenu stuff....(just joking) then why in hell....on the last level of the Bridge....does El Ron....get off into Christianity, and Jesus
The truth is that Hubbard hated and despised Jesus and Christianity. Like Friedrich Nietzsche (one of the few philosophers to my recollection he was careful never to cite or mention), he perceived Christianity as a religion and philosophy by and for the weak, and if there was anything Hubbard hated, despised.... and relied upon in others... it was weakness. At heart, Hubbard always was an OTO satanist.

Up to OT 8 and other "confidential" lectures, Hubbard had sufficient PR knowledge and, more importantly, self-control, to restrain himself. But with OT 8, the last OT level (or the last one written up for release and actually released), he couldn't help himself. It was, you see, his last chance. His last opportunity to instruct an adherent in what he really thought. What the "real" truth was. More importantly, what the adherent thereafter had to believe.

The strain had to have been horrible. To be forced to pretend for years that he had respect, that he had anything but disdain, for Jesus and Christianity must have been unbearable for Hubbard. It finally became too much. The idea that someone would graduate OT 8, the highest OT level, with anything but hatred for Jesus and Christinaity was simply asking far too much of Hubbard.

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

Comment from Mike Rinder's blog.

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/flag-cathedral-of-the-circular-bridge/#comment-76929

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

statpush says

February 8, 2015 at 9:56 am

I just finished George’s new ebook Lucifer’s Bridge, which gives new meaning to a “Bridge to Nowhere”. If any readers are still under the impression that spiritual freedom is a attainable by travelling LRH’s Bridge – think again.

I have no doubts the upper echelon of CoS are fully aware of the dead end that awaits parishioners. And that is probably the cruellest of acts they have committed on good, well-intentioned beings.

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *

prosecco

Patron Meritorious
The truth is that Hubbard hated and despised Jesus and Christianity. Like Friedrich Nietzsche (one of the few philosophers to my recollection he was careful never to cite or mention), he perceived Christianity as a religion and philosophy by and for the weak, and if there was anything Hubbard hated, despised.... and relied upon in others... it was weakness. At heart, Hubbard always was an OTO satanist.

Up to OT 8 and other "confidential" lectures, Hubbard had sufficient PR knowledge and, more importantly, self-control, to restrain himself. But with OT 8, the last OT level (or the last one written up for release and actually released), he couldn't help himself. It was, you see, his last chance. His last opportunity to instruct an adherent in what he really thought. What the "real" truth was. More importantly, what the adherent thereafter had to believe.

The strain had to have been horrible. To be forced to pretend for years that he had respect, that he had anything but disdain, for Jesus and Christianity must have been unbearable for Hubbard. It finally became too much. The idea that someone would graduate OT 8, the highest OT level, with anything but hatred for Jesus and Christinaity was simply asking far too much of Hubbard.

Brilliant summary! I came onto ESMB because of being really upset about OT 8, specifically that family members who had done it, bought it hook, line and sinker. Based on people whose opinions I valued, I based my life around this garbage.

Totally agree with the point of Hubbard being an OTO satanist all along.

Sindy

Crusader
This book is quite interesting. This author has a disdain for any extra words or thoughts and jumps quickly from two divergent ideas. I appreciate it because I can quickly fill in the gaps with the knowledge I already have so it saves me tons of time reading stuff that bores me. That said, I cannot imagine a non-Scientologist following this book but maybe I'm wrong. I hope so.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Re: L Ron Hubbard's blasphemy, he said Jesus was a paedophile.

I'm interested to see what happens when Dave's new Muslim friends realise what Hubbard thought of their Prophet. Let's not forget that JC is an Islamic prophet and much respected by millions of Muslims.

Veda

Sponsor

The information I have is that Hubbard was medicated on a mood altering drug during the time he wrote - or dictated - what became the theory part of "New" OT 8. (This should not be startling as much of Hubbard's most notable "discoveries" of the 1950s and 1960s were made while he was under the influence of one or more psychoactive substances.) Pat Broeker was very excited about it and gave it to Scientology's then senior technical person to be made into a new OT level.

Nothing ever came of it as no one could figure out where to go with the idea of biological implanting, or evil beings outside the physical universe meddling with those inside, etc. Plus there was Hubbard saying that he, as the chief anti-Marcabian and chief anti-Implanter, was fulfilling the role of Lucifer against the Marcabian implanter slave operation of Christianity, etc., and would derail the future Marcabian invasion called the Second Coming in the Bible.

When Senior C/S Ray Mithoff finally concocted a "New OT 8" level, the 1980 confidential HCOB was tossed in to the materials. It must have been confusing to those on "New OT 8" as it wouldn't have been applicable to the practical part of the level. It was, soon after, removed, although it does seem to have inspired what became the Super NOTs (OT 8) level of the (Captain Bill) Ron's Orgers, but that's another story.

_________​

Hubbard from 1968 talking about how Christianity is the result of evil extraterrestrials and their electronic ("R 6") implanting:

[video=youtube;60HzfzQxMEc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60HzfzQxMEc[/video]

Merry R6-mass, plus some text from the 1980 confidential HCOB:

[video=youtube;Pxztwuzd1z4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxztwuzd1z4[/video]

At the very beginning of the very first Philadelphia Doctorate Course lecture series of 1952 - a series hailed by Scientologists - the talkative Hubbard, very possibly at that time medicated on cocaine or at least amphetamines, made a seemingly non-sequitur comment:

"...the prince of darkness. Who do you think I am?" [audience chuckles].​

He then continued with his lecture concerning his "New Science" called Scientology, explaining that Scientologists were not "meat bodies" but, rather, were "thetans."

"Thetan" was pronounced "Thay-tan," as in Satan with a lisp.

_________​

Years later, Hubbard did express the idea that there were many more OT levels, but there were never the many written-up OT levels that he led Scientology to believe existed.

There were, however, page after page of notes by Hubbard, one page - with the top part blanched out - was held up to the awed gathering of Scientologists during the January 1986 "LRH Death event" as, IIRC, a part of OT 10:

HubbardNumber.jpg

However, when Miscavige finally got his little pink hands on the much desired upper level research from Ron, no one could figure it out: it was gobbledygook.

exthetan

Patron
Everyone seems to mention the first 1980 "Jesus was a pedophile" HCOB but no one has confirmed or said anything about issue 3 of the same date titled "Focus Rundown". It would be nice to get some clarity on this also.

Gib

Crusader
Everyone seems to mention the first 1980 "Jesus was a pedophile" HCOB but no one has confirmed or said anything about issue 3 of the same date titled "Focus Rundown". It would be nice to get some clarity on this also.

dpr0002-1.jpg

Picture complements of HellvaHoax!

Sindy

Crusader
I am mid this book now and have to stop to come tell my friends here how much it is helping me. This is definitely worth reading.

Veda

Sponsor

For those curious, here's your post from October 2013 on the same thing, plus the various responses at that time. (Click >> to see entire thread):

Does anyone have further data regarding this? It was supposedly part of the original NEW OT8 issued briefly in 1988. Issue 1 was the infamous "Jesus was a pedophile" bulletin.

HUBBARD COMMUNICATIONS OFFICE
Saint Hill Manor, East Grinstead, Sussex
HCO BULLETIN OF 5 MAY 1980
ISSUE III
LIMITED
DISTRIBUTION
OT VIII Course Students
OT VIII Auditors
OT VIII C/Ses

OT VIII Series 3

C O N F I D E N T I A L
FOCUS RUNDOWN DRILLS

INSTRUCTIONS
Run each drill for some time to a major new awareness or perception change. They
must all be run and run in sequence and if full E.P. has not been attained the C/S may allow
an additional cycle through all the drills.

METERING
The Meter is used while setting up each session and while writing down your report
at the end of each session or drill. (These are such lengthy drills done honestly that more
than one in one session would be quite rare.) The Meter could be an unnecessary
distraction while actually running the drills as there will be profound perception shifts and
many times during an unflat drill you might have considerable trouble even finding the
universe in which the meter is located!

Should originations for the C/S need to be recorded during a drill, you would of
course hold the solo electrodes while writing your reports.

Students who have honestly interned up to the level of Class IV should be capable
of auditing this rundown Solo. At the C/Ses discretion, a Class IV who has not interned
may be allowed to run solo provided he/she has an excellent record re cramming/review
on his Pre-OT levels and a history of service to Scientology. The C/S may allow an OT
who doesn’t meet this prerequisite to have the rundown audited provided at least four
intensives are in credit.

MY GIFT TO YOU
I have really taken some major risks so that you, my friends can go free. This one
was so tough to get through alone that I even almost wavered in my purpose. And all this
was to give you the Focus to be able to navigate the greater dangers that lie ahead! Please
do it well! The way has been made safe provided you run the drills honestly and in the
right order. I don’t know that repair would be possible of any case (God forbid that this
ever happen) who glimpsed the materials of the later parts of OTVIII before honest
completion of the Focus Rundown. Fortunately an invariable End Phenomena of OT VIII
completion is such a deep sense of honesty that this will never happen.

I’ll end with a rare and confidential confession. By now you must know that ages
past I founded Scientology. You must have wondered why the universe was not therefore
freed. Well, a workable version of materials up to OT VIII was developed and in such
wide spread use you would be amazed. Then I released an insufficiently developed
version of the Focus Rundown and the Scientology organization of the time fell prey to
the hypnotic seduction of the shadow band, and invented their own glib shadowy
reflections of the Actual OT Levels. The backlash killed my body and even I could find
no sooner age than now to have another chance to free the universe.
This is our last chance and I know I can count on you.

L. RON HUBBARD
FOUNDER
LRH:lrh
Copyright © 1980
by L. Ron Hubbard
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

exthetan

Patron
Thanks Gib & Veda. I guess what I am really asking is if there is any confirmation if this bulletin was also issued as part of the first OT8 released; if there were any further bulletins such as issue 2; what were these focus r/d drills. I presume that the current OT8 consists of a few pages of LRH handwritten notes. It is curious then that the "student briefing" is not also in LRHs hand as he did with the OT3 Xenu story.

It sounds to me that this OT8 was a version that was started but never finished being compiled and the extant bulletins were slipped into the original release anyway for the sake of completeness.

Best regards

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
So what are this "Focus Rundown Drills" now ? (just in case when I should feel the desire to commit suicide one day... Co$ is so dangerous..... hopefully the "Focus R/D Drills" are more effective than the allegedely dangerous Xenu-BS, because in more the 25 years the knowledge of it didn´t have any negative effect on me.... obviously I need stronger tobak)

Is it listening to the music of "Focus" until you realize that all of the Hubbard-vomit is only "Hocus Pocus" ?:

[video=youtube;qcgl9Sa6QB4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcgl9Sa6QB4[/video]

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader
Thanks Gib & Veda. I guess what I am really asking is if there is any confirmation if this bulletin was also issued as part of the first OT8 released; if there were any further bulletins such as issue 2; what were these focus r/d drills. I presume that the current OT8 consists of a few pages of LRH handwritten notes. It is curious then that the "student briefing" is not also in LRHs hand as he did with the OT3 Xenu story.

It sounds to me that this OT8 was a version that was started but never finished being compiled and the extant bulletins were slipped into the original release anyway for the sake of completeness.

Best regards

I kind of have first hand confirmation of the validity of scientology OT8.

1. I know lots of others who have done OT8, even after the Christ one.

2.. My empirical observation: they is just normal people who think they achieved abilities beyond imagination of folks who have not the auditing & training up to OT8.

3. This is simply called the Sublime that hubbard very thoroughly created in scientologists. And very convincely wrote and lectured about, and this is called Rhetoric, the art of persuasion. See my taglines. Psychology calls it Cognitive Dissonance, but it is actually the creation of the Sublime in a persons mind.

4.. You can go over to Alanzos blog : http://www.alanzosblog.com/

and pose the question to him. He worked for one of the first theta clear's by Hubbard and even has a cert, I believe his name is Sid, but I forget. Anyways, you can email Alanzo and ask him about his Mission Holder when Alanzo worked for him. And once Alanzo realized that Sid was just a normal person, the magic spell of scientology vanished. Same happened to me.

6. In reading the short Amazon look inside of the book of George,
George said it took him 20 years to lose the mindset, or the Sublime. Which is there are no Clears or OT's

Last edited: