New Book Released by Chris Shelton!! "SCIENTOLOGY: A to Xenu"

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
It's Christmas Day and I woke up to a wonderful Christmas surprise! :happydance:

Merry Christmas 2015: Here’s your Scientology present under the tree

While David Miscavige excitedly runs to his Christmas tree this morning to find what gifts his Sea Org workers bought him by scraping together money from their 40-cents-an-hour pay (yes, they actually do that), we have our own Christmas miracle for our readers.

Frequent Underground Bunker correspondent Chris Shelton has published his first book, which just became available at Amazon — and it carries a clever title we wish we’d thought of, Scientology: A to Xenu.

Chris spent 27 years in Scientology, much of it as a Sea Org worker and expert in the arcane world of Hubbard “technology.” And he begins his book with a really interesting review of that history. He was brought up by parents who were Scientologists, but his own involvement didn’t begin until he was in high school. Chris skillfully recounts his journey into the church and then out again so many years later.

But he’s interested in more than telling you his experiences in the Sea Org or its prison detail, the Rehabilitation Project Force. What Chris really wants to do is provide a guide to the ideas and policies and history of Scientology that will be useful to the outsider.

You can see that his “Q&A” video series has really paid off. Chris knows what it is that people are most curious about and what confuses them about Scientology, and so he has learned how to address those questions in an effective way. We particularly enjoyed the chapter about KSW — Keeping Scientology Working — a key, overarching policy that Tom Cruise referred to in his infamous 2008 leaked video. Chris breaks down what Hubbard is doing in the KSW policy to show the layers of indoctrination and control.

<snip>

Read Full Review at the Bunker: http://tonyortega.org/2015/12/25/merry-christmas-2015-heres-your-scientology-present-under-the-tree/

SciAtoXenuCover.jpg

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Awesome work Chris Shelton!! I can't wait to buy oodles of copies to put in ALL of the libraries around the globe.

For you all you do Chris Shelton - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - may your life be long and bright!

Big Hug to Chris Shelton - thank you!!!

:dancer::hifive::goodposting::dance3::dance3::buzzin::buzzin::sing::sing::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::party::party::party::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::hattip:

Chris Shelton

Patron with Honors
Hey everybody, Merry Christmas. Glad this got posted over here. It was a lot of work doing this but I am very happy with the result and I hope you guys are too when you read it.

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Well, well, well.

I plan to read this book myself.
I am going to assume some of the people reading this don't know me so I will write a brief introduction.

I spent twenty five years in the Scientology cult myself. I have spent hundreds of hours over the last two years studying to learn the truth about Scientology.

I have read Rape Of The Mind, Hypnotism Comes Of Age, Recovery From Cults, Cults Inside Out, Trances People Live, The Crowd, Take Back Your Life, A Piece Of Blue Sky, Beyond Belief, Queer And Pleasant Danger, Freedom Of Mind, True Believer, The Unbreakable Miss Lovely, Messiah Or Madman, Barefaced Messiah, Social Psychology For Dummies, Book Of Law, Influence (by Robert Cialdini), The Sociopath Next Door, A Theory Of Cognitive Dissonance, Age Of Propaganda and several other books.

I also have watched hundreds of hours of videos and read online articles on hypnosis, thought reform, critical thinking, logical fallacies, rhetoric, narcissists, sociopaths, malignant narcissists, social psychology, undue influence, abusive relationships, cults, and related subjects.

I have watched over forty videos by Chris Shelton and read many online posts and comments from him. I also have spoken with him on several occasions.

In my opinion his work is among the very best at explaining Scientology and exposing the very real harm it causes.

I feel for myself the work of Jon Atack and Arnie Lerma helped me the most in beginning my journey out of Scientology. I believe Chris Shelton's book and videos can be of comparable assistance to thousands of people. They certainly are well worth the small amount of time and money that the book costs.

I urge everyone to add Chris's book to their library and if you are on the fence at all I suggest you check out his great YouTube videos.

Some books contribute more than most to cultic studies. I fully expect this book to join that group.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron

Gib

Crusader
Chris enabled the "Look Inside" feature on Amazon which allows you to look inside the book and see some sections, including a very detailed Table of Contents.

Just click on this link (below) and than click onto the image of the book.

http://www.amazon.com/Scientology-I...&qid=1451075116&sr=1-2&keywords=chris+shelton

Read it this morning.

Great stuff, Chris Shelton.

I'm really glad the look inside was opened.

We have a similar, but different adventure thru scientology. Looking forward to reading more.

Chris Shelton

Patron with Honors
I have a request for those who have read it or when you read it. Please give me a review on Amazon. I'm not asking for just 5-star reviews (although of course that would be great). I just want to get it being talked about there.

Thanks! :happydance:

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
I read a few parts of the book on Amazon.
Chris did point out that the Missions were a bit different than the upper Orgs (especially the Sea Org).
This is very true.

For example, ASHO was strict about following HCOBs exactly, however, I had to go to Mission qual for saying the word "flunk" in TRs with an HSDC student when he complained about my using the word "flunk" (his emotional reaction). The Mission qual sec told me that I didn't need to do that.

Then CofS destroyed the Missions with ridiculous demands which were the major source of future scientologists to upper orgs. Insane!
But that is what happens when a narcissist is in a position of dictator.
(Maybe Davey needs to do the Truth Rundown about the Missions debacle. :coolwink:)

Last edited:

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Incidentally, I am about done watching seasons 1 & 2 of "Everybody Loves Raymond" on DVD.

I am thinking how it would go with creating a TV sitcom based on cults like CofS.
Could this be played up to be funny? :coolwink: :biggrin:

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
There is a comedy on a cult survivor - The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. It had one season so far and is...not perfect at explaining cults. But a Sitcom on Scientology with DM and Cruise would be hilarious. It would just need to be entirely factual. Just use the words and actions they really do. Open with musical chairs.

Go to the hole. Go to the truth rundown, forced abortions and free ecclesiastical beatings. Have DM prepare press statements while beating people and ordering disconnections, SP declares, and trips to the RPF. It would be a very surreal and dark comedy.

To people entirely unfamiliar with Scientology it would seem like mad ramblings which are too extreme to be true. They will mostly think this is tin foil hat time. They will reject the accusations as too extreme. They will say no one is that evil, people wouldn't put up with that much abuse and the story has far too many parts.

The more someone is familiar with cults and Scientology the more humorous the show will be. For some ESMB members and folks like Tony Ortega the show will be piss your pants funny.

Once someone realizes it is literally a recreation of the time, place, form and event of Scientology the scenes selected will be laughed at. It would be weirder than X-Files, Twin Peaks and Sprockets.