New Book Released by Chris Shelton!! "SCIENTOLOGY: A to Xenu"

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Some ideas for Episodes:

1. silly content e-meter stress test outside of an empty ideal org.
2. TR0 bullbait and a crazy "win" concerning family problems.
3. reg talks to a public and cannot believe the craziness and then offers something even CRAZIER to fix it.
4. students having wacky psychological problems in clapping to the picture of the cult leader.
5. child asking scientologist daddy or mommy about Xenu and how they respond to their child.
6. how to calm down a crazy narcissistic cult leader (car rides through the country).
7. evil "musical chairs game" is going on in the background while a reg is trying to reg a PC.
8. cult leader takes drugs then demands that cult actors pour MORE blood on themselves for an anti-psychiatry movie.

I am out of ideas for now. :biggrin:

(Script details would be based on ideas from Chris's book and other personal experiences.)

Last edited:

Spacecootie

I have a request for those who have read it or when you read it. Please give me a review on Amazon. I'm not asking for just 5-star reviews (although of course that would be great). I just want to get it being talked about there.

I'm currently reading it on my Kindle.

FYI, Chris, there is a formatting issue on the Kindle version. On most Kindle books, clicking on the superscript[SUP]1[/SUP] number of an end note takes you to the note, then you can return to the same place in the text.

That isn't working on this book, so you lose your reading progress if you go to the end materials.

Not a big deal... it's an easy and engaging read, so I will reach the end notes soon enough!

Spacecootie

Chris enabled the "Look Inside" feature on Amazon which allows you to look inside the book and see some sections, including a very detailed Table of Contents.

Just click on this link (below) and than click onto the image of the book.

http://www.amazon.com/Scientology-I...&qid=1451075116&sr=1-2&keywords=chris+shelton

You can also get a pretty substantial sample for free on Kindle. It includes the foreword by Jon Atack and much of the first chapter. Of course, it hooked me and I had to buy the book... kind of like taking a free personality test then getting regged to take a course. :p

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Jan 11: Reddit Ask Me Anything with Chris Shelton, author of Scientology: A to Xenu

Jan 11: Reddit Ask Me Anything with Chris Shelton, author of Scientology: A to Xenu.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TrueAtheis..._shelton_devoted_27_years_to_scientology_now/

Monday, January 11, 8 PM - 12 AM EST at /r/Scientology

In his newly published first book, Scientology: A to Xenu: An Insider’s Guide to What Scientology is All About, Chris Shelton gives an insider account of the secretive and controversial Church of Scientology, drawn from his 27 year career in the Church. After joining as a teenager, Shelton rose through the ranks of Scientology’s paramilitary monastic order, the Sea Org, to eventually oversee the delivery of L. Ron Hubbard’s “technology” for the entire Western region of the United States.

Since leaving in 2013, Shelton has become an incisive critic of the Church of Scientology and high demand religious groups, and a forceful advocate for the virtue of Critical Thinking. His video logs and podcasts can be found at his website Chris Shelton – Critical Thinker at Large and on his YouTube channel.

Please join us at /r/Scientology this Monday at 8 PM EST for what promises to be an important and informative AMA.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
From Jon Atack on Tony Ortega's blog:

snip:

My dear friend Gerry Armstrong has recently taken me to task for suggesting that 99 percent of escapees from Scientology suffer from arrogance when they leave. I made my remark in the foreword to Chris Shelton’s new book and I stand by it (as well as my assertion that Chris showed humility in putting aside the arrogant notions of Scientology so quickly after he left).

more:
http://tonyortega.org/2016/01/16/atack-what-i-meant-when-i-said-scientologists-suffer-from-arrogance-when-they-leave/

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Podcast Ep. 90: Chris Shelton, Former Scientologist

January 17, 2016 by Hemant Mehta 4 Comments

Our latest podcast guest is Chris Shelton, a man who spent 27 years in the Church of Scientology. Shelton attained those high levels you only hear about in HBO documentaries, but he got out about three years ago and is now a vocal critic of the Church.

He just published a book called Scientology: A to Xenu: An Insider’s Guide to What Scientology is All About.

We spoke with Chris about what tipped him off to the Church’s deceptions, what he was taught about Xenu, and what he believes would be the single biggest blow to the Church’s existence.

We’d love to hear your thoughts on the podcast. If you have any suggestions for people we should chat with, please leave them in the comments, too.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friend...0&spJobID=842366304&spReportId=ODQyMzY2MzA0S0