What's new

New business insider report re: Shelly

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
You can never 'tap' a beam with another beam. Microwaves don't talk to each other. You could intercept a microwave transmission by sticking an antenna into the 'beam', but sending another 'beam' through the first one will extract no information at all. Electromagnetic waves just don't work like that. They pass through each other without affecting each other at all.

On the plus side, for an eavesdropper, electromagnetic transmissions don't normally travel in perfect 'beams'. Sending electromagnetic signals is like throwing stones into a pond. Try doing that in such a way as to send out a thin stream of waves in just one direction. You actually can arrange for a lopsided wave pattern, if you throw the stones right, but you can't herd the waves in a perfect column. Microwaves are waves of electromagnetic field strength instead of water height, and are generated by moving charges instead of dropping stones; but they're still like water waves in many ways. Even if you can arrange for the bulk of your wave power to head straight for your intended receiver, some of it goes in other directions, and an eavesdropper can probably still pick up your signal with a little antenna somewhere else. Like maybe even behind your transmitter.

You could probably do tight line-of-sight communication with laser beams, though even they're going to spread, if you're communicating across miles. A laser beam is still just the best case of a lopsided wave pattern, generated by moving charges just right.

Failing a laser beam, you have to assume that someone who wants it can pick up your signal. If you want secrets, encrypt.

Do they require a permit that might be public record?

Leland

Crusader
Do they require a permit that might be public record?

I'd like to answer that TheOriginalBigBlue.

Yes!

In the USA its the FCC......Federal Communication Commission.

Here is a link to a very short bit of information about your question.

It might be possible to find out from them.....or at least see permits that the Cult submitted? That I don't know. It is possible they are public records.

http://wireless.fcc.gov/services/index.htm?job=service_home&id=microwave

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Some permits seem to be for point to point communication.....some seem to be for security walkie talkies.....

Here's a permit for Golden Era Productions....

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=3536921

Here is another. Indicates use for Private Communication.

SCIENTOLOGY MEDIA PRODUCTIONS
4401 SUNSET BLVD
LOS ANGELES, CA 90027
ATTN JASON NEWMAN

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=3680121

Google Street View shows disks but not sure if these are the disks in the permit or if they are microwave.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Lets say they are beaming to Int. What would they be beaming? KRs? Daily Stats? Sec Check Transcripts? It really makes one wonder: what are they really for? Beaming a signal into space for big Red? Or Evil Lair Bling?

Mimsey

Well, daily stat report of when Shelly goes to the john, how many turds, how long does she wash her hands, did she pee - all kinds of things like that that so hold the interest of little dm.

Student of Trinity

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hi Trinity, I'm no expert on this.... but interested in antennas and such.

An AM or FM radio wave is huge....as big as a hi-rise building or skyscrapper.....

A microwave wavelength .....from a microwave oven is about 12 CM or 4.7 inches...and not very powerful...

A microwave point to point communication system wavelength is about 1.5 to 3 inches...or 3.75 to 7.5 CM.

That seems a pretty tight "beam" to me. I understand it is not a beam...

That it's transmission IS so tight.....this allows many companies to use the same frequency....as they are line of sight and tight. The density of the wave also allows something like 30 separate data streams to be carried on the same wave length.....

It seems the maximum distance for this type of system is about 30 to 40 miles....though up to 200 miles has been done.

If they did "bleed" or widen too much...then these types of antenna masts wouldn't work.....

Here's an antenna mast in England used to relay cell phone conversations....from one point to another point.....using microwaves.

The width of the 'beam' is not the wavelength, though the two length scales are related. What I'm talking about is in thisWikipedia article. Even when you do your best to send most of the waves in a beam, some leak out in other directions. If I were really worried about secrecy, I'd be worried about this, and encrypt.

I'm not actually an expert on antennas, myself. It is clearly possible to make pretty narrow beams of electromagnetic waves, because laser pointers work. But visible light has wavelengths about 100,000 times shorter than communications microwaves. That probably makes a significant difference.

Leland

Crusader
Those links above....the searches I did......expire.

The licenses I found are for walkie talkies....( security ) and another for "point to point" for INCOMM....which Paul mentions above....and others for what I assume are "pagers"?

Since the searches expire....and links won't work, I took a few screen shots.

Screen Shot 2015-09-26 at 1.27.33 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-09-26 at 1.27.45 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-09-26 at 1.28.39 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-09-26 at 1.29.23 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-09-26 at 1.29.41 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-09-26 at 1.30.11 PM.jpg

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

The licenses I found are for walkie talkies....( security ) and another for "point to point" for INCOMM....which Paul mentions above....and others for what I assume are "pagers"?

View attachment 11338

View attachment 11339

View attachment 11340

View attachment 11341

View attachment 11342

View attachment 11343

Doesn't INCOMM handle a lot of the financial and banking activity? When they had a security breach Liz rounded everybody up and isolated them for months until they could get it under control. Maybe microwave transmissions include data on off shore transfers or proof that DM controls everything.

http://www.xenu-directory.net/mirrors/www.whyaretheydead.net/krasel/INCOMM.html

Leland

Crusader
The width of the 'beam' is not the wavelength, though the two length scales are related. What I'm talking about is in thisWikipedia article. Even when you do your best to send most of the waves in a beam, some leak out in other directions. If I were really worried about secrecy, I'd be worried about this, and encrypt.

I'm not actually an expert on antennas, myself. It is clearly possible to make pretty narrow beams of electromagnetic waves, because laser pointers work. But visible light has wavelengths about 100,000 times shorter than communications microwaves. That probably makes a significant difference.

Hey Trinity, that link is a bit deep for me!

It seems that within the microwave communication spectrum of wavelengths......each can be regulated to a certain size. To go from that actual transmitter.....to the antenna......they use "WaveGuides" which are pipes.....pretty much, just like plumbing uses pipes for water to flow in. Only they are rectangular.

Here is a picture of some microwave "waveguides".....

I had thought that these waveguides were used to constrict the wave to a certain size.....or create a certain size wave....but apparently that is not the case. They are just to get the transmission to the antenna. The wave made by the transmitter is of a certain size already.

product-rectangularflextwist2.jpg

Here is a picture of a microwave point to point antenna....with the cover off....so the inside can be seen.

SCQ4-03_WN2.jpg

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Doesn't INCOMM handle a lot of the financial and banking activity? When they had a security breach Liz rounded everybody up and isolated them for months until they could get it under control. Maybe microwave transmissions include data on off shore transfers or proof that DM controls everything.

Info about money transfers (and where the main money is kept) would be something that Scn would want to keep secret. Particularly if breaking into the communication encryption would allow some third party to transfer some large sum of money from the Scn account to HIS account. Or to be able to prove that DM is skimming money from Scn accounts to personal accounts.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Here's the license for INCOMM. The license does state that it is for "point to point".....

This is probably what Paul posted about above...that went to the HGB in Hollywood?

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=1017491

Here's a pic from Google maps of part of the top of Big Blue. Right at the centre is the dish, as far as I remember. It doesn't have a cover. From the angle it seems to be pointing at the HGB (intersection of Hollywood and Vine, more or less).

Screenshot.jpg

Paul

Techless

Patron Meritorious
To Techless: I should have quoted your post above....but here is what I think about it.

Post #1 has pictures taken by AGP....that show various "antennas." One of which is a regular "Dish TV antenna."

But there are other antennas.....in that link that look like this:

View attachment 11329

This is a line of sight, point to point on earth microwave antenna.

Microwave antennas that are Satellite uplinks (and downlink ? ) to orbiting satellites look like this:

A big one:

View attachment 11332

a smaller one:

View attachment 11330

or this small one....

View attachment 11331

I am not an antenna expert.....but the antennas in the link in Post #1 are not satellite uplink dishes....they are point to point on earth microwave antennas...

Thanks Leland: I guess the terminology is what might qualify these...

microwave antennas vs. microwave dishes...

The antennas would be like for cellphones/networks, where dishes would be, as you say for up/downlinking to a commSat

Techless

Patron Meritorious
Hey Trinity, that link is a bit deep for me!

It seems that within the microwave communication spectrum of wavelengths......each can be regulated to a certain size. To go from that actual transmitter.....to the antenna......they use "WaveGuides" which are pipes.....pretty much, just like plumbing uses pipes for water to flow in. Only they are rectangular.

Here is a picture of some microwave "waveguides".....

I had thought that these waveguides were used to constrict the wave to a certain size.....or create a certain size wave....but apparently that is not the case. They are just to get the transmission to the antenna. The wave made by the transmitter is of a certain size already.

View attachment 11344

Here is a picture of a microwave point to point antenna....with the cover off....so the inside can be seen.

View attachment 11345

The 'wave-guide' is a tube as you say, and highly accurate/machined to very high tolerance. This is so the wave-guide is of an exact length which is a multiple of the wavelength being transmitted. That is how it is tuned, in otherwords, for the wave it is designed to receive...if that makes any sense. Many tubes are like 1/4 of the actual wave length which is the distance from peak to peak of the carrier wave being transmitted.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

View attachment 11343

You can see the Microwave on Big Blue in the lower right.

Attachments

• Big Blue Microwave.jpg
    Big Blue Microwave.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 22

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Anyway,

Since they're $cientology antennas
those are certainly evil spying antennas :yes: