What's new

New COS Detective Hat; COS contacts ex Scientologist after 40 years

freethinker

Sponsor
Hey Mate,

I followed your initial thread on the CO$ and their tax evasion.

I wanted to contribute but I am from the US.

You, DOF, Roger and others did a fantastic job and I can't wait to see the fruits of your labors.

Well, when they tracked me down, they sent me a Cease and Desist letter.

David.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
I wonder how much money they are spending to accomplish this and sending you guys free stuff? Must be expensive to waist their time, heh.

Yes, I've wondered about that myself.

But NO company in the free-market, offering a service or product, acts like they do. They are weird and won't even listen to change.

They send me stuff in the snail mail assuming that I am still a blown Scientologist. I am an ex-Scientologist and Davie's speel on the DVD "Set the Course for Your Eternity" demonstrates just how much he doesn't understand this. Davie assumes that I am still in the SCN mindset. He is so wrong.

JBTrendy

Patron with Honors
Programmer_guy defines ex-Scientologist

Yes, I've wondered about that myself.

But NO company in the free-market, offering a service or product, acts like they do. They are weird and won't even listen to change.

They send me stuff in the snail mail assuming that I am still a blown Scientologist. I am an ex-Scientologist and Davie's speel on the DVD "Set the Course for Your Eternity" demonstrates just how much he doesn't understand this. Davie assumes that I am still in the SCN mindset. He is so wrong.

Thanks Prog for this mindsetting.

Really appreciated

Ex expanded reward!

:clap::clap::clap:

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Yep, they contacted me on the phone after being out for 34 years.
I told them on no uncertain terms, "NO!". Don't call and don't send me anything.

Now, I get publications from them in the mail: ASHO, IAS Admin, 2 DVDs, Advance! mag, Scientology News tabloid, and the Complete Materials Guide Chart.

What part of "NO" don't they understand?

Feel free to forward any mags with completion lists :happydance:

Patty Pieniadz
130 Squire Street
New London, CT 06320

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
I’m reminded of a lonely middle aged man who finds his “little black book” in a trunk in the attic, listing the girls he dated in high school twenty or thirty years ago, and he begins a campaign to call them all and “rekindle the old flame.” Dude, sorry to break it to you, but they’ve all moved on. And there’s a reason they haven’t called you in decades.

This analogy is very perceptive.

I've seen this. It is a symptom of significant insecurity. A man who who thoroughly believes he is incapable of interesting a completely new woman -- somebody who doesn't already know him. The thinking is -- well, at one time she liked me, at one time she was interested (even if it was 10, 20, or 30 years ago). The man has more confidence is reaching out to a woman who he last talked to 10, 20 or 30 years ago, than he is a completely new woman, because at least she liked him at one time.

The same with a COS. At one time the then 20 year old naive and idealist person was interested in Scientology. Maybe he will still interested at age 30, 40 or 50. Far less intimidating and threatening to reach out to a person who at least at one time expressed some interest than it is to reach out to truly new and raw public... who may have read The Truth Rundown, or read AC360, or seen Southpark, or, or, or....

Truly desperate in both cases.

/

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
This analogy is very perceptive.

I've seen this. It is a symptom of significant insecurity. A man who who thoroughly believes he is incapable of interesting a completely new woman -- somebody who doesn't already know him. The thinking is -- well, at one time she liked me, at one time she was interested (even if it was 10, 20, or 30 years ago). The man has more confidence is reaching out to a woman who he last talked to 10, 20 or 30 years ago, than he is a completely new woman, because at least she liked him at one time.

I'm not a man, but when I reached out to several men from my past, it happened to be because I wanted to know if they were alive and doing well. They were, no further contact ensued, and life went on.

Had one of them been available, I might have pursued it as I was in a place where someone known and cast off was better for me than someone unknown.

Arcangel

Patron
again humor

Love the kool-aid drinkers. I agree with many posters here. I haven't been to the church I was confirmed at as a 13 yo child. I made contact b/c I hadn't been there in well over a decade. I don't receive mailings or emails and they're not pushing the Lutheran doctrine on me. That said, I went into the old Org I slaved in in college and it wasn't about the people and how they are, their families are or life goals accomplished but, and I quote: "well, we're having a dissemination and going 'St. Hill Size'". Wow, great people skills there folks.

I happily walked my happy ass back out the door and NO they didn't get my address.

Lavalyte

Patron with Honors
The cult is doing this because EVERYBODY (how sp of me...) knows that $cientology is an intellectually and morally bankrupt scam.

Used to be that the cult kept a low enough profile in society that there were people out there who didn't know anything about them, or had only vaguely heard of them.

No more.

Today $cientology is a walking punch line. Everyone has heard about it, and everything that's been heard is bad. Not just a little bad either, but bug-fuck crazy satanic serial killer on crystal meth bad.

Scientology makes the moonies look positively normal by comparison!

So they're doing the only thing they can do: Go after the very same people who once fell for their bullshit in the past.

Now let me remind everyone of why this is NOT a bad thing:

IT COSTS THE CULT MONEY

It costs them time. Time a scientologist is spending tracking down and talking to someone who's already almost undoubtedly rejected them instead of bringing new blood in.

skydog

Patron Meritorious
Take the a magazine label and tape it to a box. Fill the box with bricks. Mark RETURN TO SENDER on the box. They'll get the message.

That is a nice idea but I still don't think they will get the message. After twenty five years they found my address and have been filling my mailbox with the remnants of dead trees they have killed in the name of Elron and the midget. If instead they simply put the postage spent on this garbage on my account I would probably have enough for an intensive or two. They haven't found my phone number yet but I hope they do. There is nothing I like more than dealing with unsolicited phone sales people.:D

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
letters and other mail from the cult

since I wrote the word XENU al over the mail they sent me, and just stuck it back in the post I have not heard since.
Funny that :eyeroll:

Terril park

Sponsor
since I wrote the word XENU al over the mail they sent me, and just stuck it back in the post I have not heard since.
Funny that :eyeroll:

Its a magic spell. I've heard rumours that if you sprinkle Lawyer...oops!
Fairy dust over such mail you also recieve refunds.

lkwdblds

Crusader
Call me back 3 billion weeks from now!

If you've been in the Sea Org as I have, you have a built in loop hole. You signed a billion year contract and you are supposed to get 3 weeks a year for your annual leave. That totals out at 3 billion weeks vacation time. That comes out to nearly 59 million years so when they call just tell them to call you back in 59 million years when you get back from leave.
Lakey

freethinker

Sponsor
I really like that. :thumbsup:
If you've been in the Sea Org as I have, you have a built in loop hole. You signed a billion year contract and you are supposed to get 3 weeks a year for your annual leave. That totals out at 3 billion weeks vacation time. That comes out to nearly 59 million years so when they call just tell them to call you back in 59 million years when you get back from leave.
Lakey

JBTrendy

Patron with Honors
Hi Lakey

Lakey

I like it too.

The built in loop hole is brilliantly stated and obviously factual.

:duh::duh::duh:

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Feel free to forward any mags with completion lists :happydance:

Patty Pieniadz
130 Squire Street
New London, CT 06320

The Advance! mag is the only one that I get that has completion lists.
The latest that I received is issue 205.

Instead of sending the entire mag in a big envelope I could clip the page of the completion lists and send it to you in a letter sized envelope.

Would that be sufficient?

looker

Patron Meritorious
So I got promo for a IAS World Tour coming this weekend. Should I expect a call?

If I do get a call I think I'll just tellum I'm deceased.

If they don't believe me they can eat dial tone.

Lee_from_phx

Patron with Honors
it's a really good point, i agree. let them spend the money sending you crap. of course, i disagree on the ACLU slam as i am a proud supporter of the bill of rights and defending it...but i also allow right wing organizations to leave me on their lists so they waste money on it. i think we are canceling each other out. :)

Once upon a time the ACLU was a legitimate organization whose mission was to protect and defend the constitution of the united states, with special emphasis on the 1st amendment.

Those days are long gone.

Today it is little more than the legal arm of the radical left, actively engaged in efforts to destroy America and replace it with a marxist dystopia.

If you want to support an organization that works to protect civil liberties, the Electronic Frontier Foundation is a good choice. One of my personal favourites is FIRE (http://www.thefire.org/), which works to protect students from the depredations of the tenured radicals that have destroyed the spirit of free inquiry on college campuses and replaced it with Orwellian group-think.

If you really want to support the bill of rights, give money to the NRA.

IMMORTAL

Patron Meritorious
Good one!

Lakey

:hysterical: Hi Lakey!!!

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
I must tell you that 5 different people in Flag contacted me to come back last year, after 7 years away.
I told them that I was no longer a Scientologist.
That I did not believe in it. Well, they did not accept that, and told me that they understood me and want to acknowledge me, because the Tech was faulty, that now with the Basics, I would be very happy, and progress in the Bridge.
I felt that they did not understand me - I left ARC broken with many registration cycles, invalidation of my case level, training level, demands to repeat courses, and I hit the internet, and the rest is history!!! Then, I started to tell them that their severance pay when they leave the Sea Org would be $500.00 regardless of how many of years of service, that the staff forced to make abortions, that David Miscarriage has a lifestyle of the rich and famous with personal trainer, hairdresser, cook who travels with him in private planes, and that DM has several motorcycles, luxury cars, etc... I told them that LRH was a con man, and that I knew enough to keep me away for many lifetimes over and over again.
I repeated the action so many times, that they never called me again.
If they call me again, I will tell again every thing that I know, perhaps some staff will wake up.

Now that's the way you handle the Clams:thumbsup:

TP

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
<sigh> I guess that I am gonna hafta read/quote OT III materials over the phone to get them to stop calling me.
Would that work? :confused2: