What's new

New E-Meter Rules

Anonycat

Crusader
So does that include SO? Staff and public, I am sure. But I don't know if the same would apply to SO. I have a friend who joined the SO to get free / discounted services and he got ZERO processing in the SO besides sec checks. Because 15K is a really small number, and I'm just trying to get a better picture of how many were left in 2009.

Marc (BFG) concluded that the amount COB told him to make was enough for 15,000 individuals (2 e-meters each).

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
Good point.

I expect to see a rush to buy up Mark VII / Quantums as cultists realise the new model is gonna cost them dear. This will cause a dearth in sales of the new meters and prompt the cult to put restrictions on use or certing of the older models.

I've got a Quantum, I think I'll advertise it in the local mag.

Axiom142

You can bet your sweet life that is exactly what will happen...I am surprised it isn't in place already.

MathScience

Patron
It will be interesting to see if Scientology has altered the substantial amount of electricity being pumped into the body (and the brain) by this new, 10 year old, emeter.

Probably not; their con is inexorably bound to this 1950’s “tech.” Funny how they rail at the same electro-shock therapy they deliver through their auditing sessions.

Jquepublic

Silver Meritorious Patron
Anyone who says anything short of ...

'Fuck off I'm buying a Mark VII on eBay for a couple hundred bucks',

deserves to lose $10K on principle alone.

Selling meters on Ebay is easy now. When I first left, I put my e-meters up for sale on Ebay and in less than 24 hours of posting the listing had it removed for a trademark and service mark violation complaint from the CoS.

you realize people went clear and OT with the wooden box Mark 4 meter.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Why not? They worked just fine, they showed the reads clearly. After all, a model "T" will take you across town just as certainly as a Mclaren P1 will, which has as many unnecessary swoops and decorative doo dads as the new Mk 8. Mimsey

mclaren-p1-xl.jpg

Anonycat

Crusader
Again, the cult reaches new heights of undesirable. This will keep clients away. Why not just get a Mark V for $199 on eBay, for less than the IAS donation, and save $5,000 on top of that?

Scientology, you're drunk. Go home.

raymond_kemp_the_magician_-_auditor_26_1967_68.png

thewritegoddess

Patron with Honors
Can't one just buy a voltage meter with a dial instead of a digital read out and audit with that? I swear they're THE SAME THING. Voltage meters are under $20...
Oh, wait. Kelvin clips are at least $100, and you'd need them to attach cans... That's still under $200!

Last edited:

AnonKat

Crusader
Can't one just buy a voltage meter with a dial instead of a digital read out and audit with that? I swear they're THE SAME THING. Voltage meters are under $20...
Oh, wait. Kelvin clips are at least $100, and you'd need them to attach cans... That's still under $200!

Or this

lego_gsr.jpg

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
According to Mike's Special Field Correspondent:

First, one must pay for the Mark VIII Ultra E-Meter.

Secondly, one must then be approved before one is sent the legal documents.

Third, one must sign the legal agreement before the E-Meter is delivered.

Fourth, only then is the E-Meter delivered.

In summary, one must pay for the E-Meter in full before one is submitted to the approval process and then sent the legal documents one is required to sign. One is not allowed to see the legal documents one is required to sign until after one has paid for the E-Meter and been approved.

Oh, and one must pay cash (or credit card) for the E-Meter even if one has money on one's account. This is because, "The orgs don’t have enough money to buy Mark Ultra VIIIs and keep them in stock, so the parishioner is required to pay the cash up front for their meter, so that Bridge can deliver it."

And, yes, one must remain in good standing with the Church of Scientology and maintain one's IAS status in order to continue to use the Mark VIII Ultra Meter.

Finally, the Orgs are requiring immediate use of the Mark VIII Ultra E-Meter with no grace period for use of the Mark VII Quantum.

The Warehouse VIII “Suitcase Bomb”
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/the-warehouse-viii-suitcase-bomb/

Excerpts:
I asked Bridge how long I had to buy a Mark Ultra VIII meter, based on the experience I had when the Mark Super VII Quantum was released. When the Mark Super VII Quantum was released and the whole world had to upgrade from their Mark Super VII and get their meter “Quantumized”, there was a grace period of about three to six months before you wouldn’t be allowed to use a non Quantumized meter on course or in an org for auditing.

Bridge said that every org in the world was requiring the use of only Mark Ultra VIII meters on an immediate basis. There was no “grace period” as before.

I double-checked this: so, you’re telling me that if I was on the Pro Metering course on November 16, I cannot go back into the courseroom without a Mark Ultra VIII meter? The Bridge representative hemmed and hawed and didn’t really answer the question, since he realized that I was asking if the church set up the Mark Ultra VIII release to facilitate kicking people out of courserooms all around the world.

So I changed the topic: I have friends at Flag who are telling me that I have to come up with cash to buy a Mark Ultra VIII meter; I cannot buy the meter off account. Is that true? Bridge answer: Yes. The orgs don’t have enough money to buy Mark Ultra VIIIs and keep them in stock, so the parishioner is required to pay the cash up front for their meter, so that Bridge can deliver it.
I asked about the legal documents that must be signed. The Bridge rep told me that after I pay the money, only then do I get subjected to the “Okay to buy a meter” check required to obtain a Mark Ultra VIII meter. When I get “Okayed”, only then does Bridge send me the documents via surface mail in order to sign.

This is pretty tricky, in my mind. I have to first pay, so I’m out $5400. Then I get “okayed”, which is a check to see if I’m in good standing. If I’m not “okayed”, do I get an immediate refund of my money without having to go through A-E steps in the future?

The number of arbitraries added to the process of getting a Mark Ultra VIII meter is much more than any previous meter.

If I’m “okayed”, then Bridge sends me the Mark Ultra VIII e-meter agreement to sign, which apparently I wouldn’t be allowed to read in advance of paying the money to the church.

I had to pay the money, get okayed, then I get to see the documents. So I asked, “What if there’s something in the documents I can’t agree to? Like forcing my first-born male child to join the Sea Org?” The Bridge rep assured me it was all commonsense stuff, like not using my Mark Ultra VIII meter to squirrel with, and to keep my IAS membership current at all times.

I asked if I could see the legal documents before forking over $5400, and the Bridge rep said “no”.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
According to Mike's Special Field Correspondent:

First, one must pay for the Mark VIII Ultra E-Meter.

Secondly, one must then be approved before one is sent the legal documents.

Third, one must sign the legal agreement before the E-Meter is delivered.

Fourth, only then is the E-Meter delivered.

In summary, one must pay for the E-Meter in full before one is submitted to the approval process and then sent the legal documents one is required to sign. One is not allowed to see the legal documents one is required to sign until after one has paid for the E-Meter and been approved.

Oh, and one must pay cash (or credit card) for the E-Meter even if one has money on one's account. This is because, "The orgs don’t have enough money to buy Mark Ultra VIIIs and keep them in stock, so the parishioner is required to pay the cash up front for their meter, so that Bridge can deliver it."

And, yes, one must remain in good standing with the Church of Scientology and maintain one's IAS status in order to continue to use the Mark VIII Ultra Meter.

Finally, the Orgs are requiring immediate use of the Mark VIII Ultra E-Meter with no grace period for use of the Mark VII Quantum.

The Warehouse VIII “Suitcase Bomb”
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/the-warehouse-viii-suitcase-bomb/

Excerpts:

Just a guess, but...

The Co$-generated legal forms to be signed by the individual will probably be some sort of lease contract.
Co$ will retain "ownership" of the e-meter and the person who ponied-up $5400.00 is merely permitted to use it.
If any of the written lease terms are not properly fulfilled by the 'lessee', the e-meter will probably have to be returned to Co$.

I sure hope someone takes the legal forms to a non-scio-related lawyer to review before signing. :yes:

JB

CommunicatorIC

Just a guess, but...

The Co$-generated legal forms to be signed by the individual will probably be some sort of lease contract.
Co$ will retain "ownership" of the e-meter and the person who ponied-up $5400.00 is merely permitted to use it.
If any of the written lease terms are not properly fulfilled by the 'lessee', the e-meter will probably have to be returned to Co$.

I sure hope someone takes the legal forms to a non-scio-related lawyer to review before signing. :yes:

JB
If someone is stupid enough to agree to this, they deserve to lose their money on principle alone.

$5K to lease a glorified ohm meter that's been sitting in a warehouse for a decade is an IQ test, if you agree to it ... you failed.

CommunicatorIC

If someone is stupid enough to agree to this, they deserve to lose their money on principle alone.

$5K to lease a glorified ohm meter that's been sitting in a warehouse for a decade is an IQ test, if you agree to it ... you failed.
The $5K is only for the first year. After that it is either $5K for lifetime IAS membership, or $500 per year for yearly IAS membership (assuming it doesn't go up....).

Oh, and remember, you are required to have two of them.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien

If I didn't think that a person's own will could be mercilessly subjugated, then I'd agree with your post. :)
(Co$ is in the business of 'will subjugation', imo, so I cannot find actual fault with the actions of a person whose mind & emotions have been subjected to such harmful practices/policies.)

:scnsucks:

JB

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
What a total scam. This is nothing less than extortion. What coercion. I would so love it if every one of them refused to buy the thing but alas, that won't happen.

If someone is stupid enough to agree to this, they deserve to lose their money on principle alone. $5K to lease a glorified ohm meter that's been sitting in a warehouse for a decade is an IQ test, if you agree to it ... you failed.

Scientology is an IQ test.

They provide Scientologists with a convenient answer sheet to copy from, so everyone can be a genius.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

JB

That will not be allowed, IMHO. If you don't get to see the contract ahead of time, that means they will not be allowing you to show it to anybody, specifically including your lawyer.

You will most likely have to go into the org, sign the contract on the spot, and not be given your own copy. If you ask to have your lawyer look it over, you will probably be declared on the spot. Part of the contract will probably be a confidentiality clause, where you agree not to reveal anything about the contract.