What's new

New E-Meter Rules

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Financial Strategy: Why Do They Require People to Buy the Mark VIII E-Meter?

John P. Capitalist - Financial Strategy: Why Do They Require People to Buy the Mark VIII E-Meter for Cash?
http://www.johnpcapitalist.com/2013/12/why-buy-e-meter-for-cash/

Read the entire post.

Excerpt:
Here’s the magic trick: if you can take in deposits then gross cash can go up even if net income is negative. For example, if the cult does $200 million in sales, $30 million in operating profit, and pays out $30 million in legal settlements, then net income was $0. But if you also add in $40 million in deposits greater than revenue, gross cash goes up by $40 million which looks pretty good. You could almost feel like you were doing something right. The only problem is that while deposits make gross cash go up, net cash would go up by $0, which doesn’t look good.

So now you can see why gross cash is a much more likely number for Miscavige to manage. By extracting deposits from your customer base, you can make gross cash look good even if the rest of the business is turning to shit.

That, in turn, explains why he fights so viciously to not only avoid giving refunds, but to avoid giving back money on deposit. If he were managing revenue, he’d hate to give refunds because that takes revenue down. But if he’s managing gross cash, that is why he fights so viciously about money on deposit.

I thought these newer (but been in storage) e-meters were made in China, and only tuned and certified or whatever at INT.

I know they aren't zoned for manufacturing electronic devices... :naughty:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
So...

".....So I changed the topic: I have friends at Flag who are telling me that I have to come up with cash to buy a Mark Ultra VIII meter; I cannot buy the meter off account. Is that true? Bridge answer: Yes. The orgs don’t have enough money to buy Mark Ultra VIIIs and keep them in stock, so the parishioner is required to pay the cash up front for their meter, so that Bridge can deliver it......"

Does this imply that NONE of the orgs, even the Ideal Morgues, FLOURISHING AND PROSPERING, with the GREATEST EXPANSION EVER, either:

a) don't have enough $100 notes (cash) @ approximate assumed production cost to purchase and stock these toys?

b) are not credit worthy nor trust worthy enough to receive these toys on a 30 or 90 day amount due invoice?

c) DM is running low on cash and needs more of it to inure birthday gifts and cufflinks to obtain more bribed affidavits, RICO protectionist lawyers, and overtime rate pay for off duty police officers, free brainwashing cruises for Foreign country military etc. ?

D) all of the above and DFBO for more?

PS or the staff are realizing they are going to need a lot more stock of toilet paper to keep shovelling out all this crap?

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
It's standard business practice to put products out in retail outlets "on consignment", with the vendor getting paid when the item actually sells, or the outlet shipping the product back if it doesn't sell. Particularly when the vendor and sales outlet are part of the same entity.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

The reason a meter purchase is "cash only"?

ANSWER: Why not? If cult members are stupid enough to put money on account and then be told they cannot use it, that would be a big win for cult management.

Why? Did you think that the cult is trying to help Scientologis
ts? LOL

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
One thing I have noticed about Scientology - they love to make it impossible to have anything, be anyone or do anything productive...and then they blame the person! It is all so interiorizing! I am glad I am "exterior". Slappy sure knows his TECH and he keeps the clubbed seals...clubbed!! Yeah - continue please....love to see the "obstacles" Slappy implants and more people leave because Happiness is overcoming "known" obstacles in pursuit of a goal...and Slappy makes sure he puts up lots of "unknown" obstacles...with money on account...he has a ball!! No one "in" will ever find out if Scientology works..cuz no one can do Scientology and that is the goal for David Miscavige~! Imagine the poor suckers on OT Seben...they think there are demons attached to them...so I can't wait to hear the creative borrowing, stealing and refinancing that will occur for them to continue their Oatee seben!

CommunicatorIC

According to Mike's Special Field Correspondent:

First, one must pay for the Mark VIII Ultra E-Meter.

Secondly, one must then be approved before one is sent the legal documents.

Third, one must sign the legal agreement before the E-Meter is delivered.

Fourth, only then is the E-Meter delivered.

In summary, one must pay for the E-Meter in full before one is submitted to the approval process and then sent the legal documents one is required to sign. One is not allowed to see the legal documents one is required to sign until after one has paid for the E-Meter and been approved.

Oh, and one must pay cash (or credit card) for the E-Meter even if one has money on one's account. This is because, "The orgs don’t have enough money to buy Mark Ultra VIIIs and keep them in stock, so the parishioner is required to pay the cash up front for their meter, so that Bridge can deliver it."

And, yes, one must remain in good standing with the Church of Scientology and maintain one's IAS status in order to continue to use the Mark VIII Ultra Meter.

Finally, the Orgs are requiring immediate use of the Mark VIII Ultra E-Meter with no grace period for use of the Mark VII Quantum.

The Warehouse VIII “Suitcase Bomb”
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/the-warehouse-viii-suitcase-bomb/

Excerpts:
Updated version of the essay now posted on the Indie site Possibly Helpful Advice:

http://possiblyhelpfuladvice.com/?p=15730

It appears new information may include:

The Bridge rep kept telling me how wonderful it was that the Mark Ultra VIII comes with five pairs of cans and a remote tone arm, so owning a Mark Ultra VIII was actually cheaper than owning a Mark Super VII Quantum. Every time he mentioned “five pairs of cans” I insisted on pointing out that the Quantum came with seven pairs of cans and Solo can dividers. So at one point I asked if the Quantum came with Solo can dividers and he said “No, you go to the AO bookstore officer, get fitted for a custom pair of Solo cans, and those come with a matching set of Solo dividers”. So those are free? “No, those cost $60.”

I reminded him that LRH recommended the use of cans with Solo dividers for objective processes where one points out things and assists…whoops! Caught flat-footed again! He had no rational response for how to get Solo dividers in those circumstances. (Use of one-handed electrodes for non-Solo auditing is in the book E-meter Essentials and lecture 6503C30 ARC BREAKS AND GENERALITIES (SHSBC 419) and HCOB 21 July 1969 II ONE-HAND ELECTRODES).

Anyway, I’ve decided to finish of my current field pcs with my Mark Super VII Quantums, let my IAS membership lapse, and move to using a virtual meter (like a Theta-meter) that doesn’t need an overarching suppressive church to grant me permission to use it.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron

The reason a meter purchase is "cash only"?

ANSWER: Why not? If cult members are stupid enough to put money on account and then be told they cannot use it, that would be a big win for cult management.

Why? Did you think that the cult is trying to help Scientologis
ts? LOL

The reason it's cash only is that the deposit money has already been spent.

Giving away services conducted by slaves who make no money does not carry any cost of goods or cost of sales. So services can be purchased with the funny money on your account credit.

Meters actually cost something (though not nearly what they are charging), so allowing them to be purchased with account monies - because there is no actual money in that account to cover the cost of production - actually results in a net outflow of cash. And you know that ain't happening on Davy's watch.

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader
The reason it's cash only is that the deposit money has already been spent.

Giving away services conducted by slaves who make no money does not carry any cost of goods or cost of sales. So services can be purchased with the funny money in you account credit.

Meters actually cost something (though not nearly what they are charging), so allowing them to be purchased with account monies - because there is no actual money in that account to cover the cost of production - actually results in a net outflow of cash. And you know that ain't happening on Davy's watch.

The way to determine the actual date of production of the e-meters is to look at the EIA date codes stamped on the chips and components for source of manufacturer and date of production of the actual chips & components used. Also on the electrolytic capacitors, which would be the weakest link in a electronic product as far as shelf life is concerned. Since these e-meters were stored for 9 years or so.

http://www.davelevasseur.com/1994 EIA Source and Date Code Book.pdf

edit:

some background info:

http://www.gregsguitars.net/Vintage_Guitar_Codes.html

CommunicatorIC

Scientology Field Auditors must buy two Mark Ultra VIII E-Meters at cost of $10,000

All Scientology Field Auditors must buy two Mark Ultra VIII E-Meters at cost of $10,000.

Confirmation from Mike Rinder that all Field Auditors must buy two Mark Ultra VIII E-meters:

Bludgeoned With A Blunt Object

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/bludgeoned-with-a-blunt-object/

LEAKED E-MAIL:

Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014
Subject: THE BEST FOR YOUR PC’S AND YOURSELF!

Dear Xxx,

With the Golden Age of Tech Phase II, the brand-new Hubbard Professional Mark Ultra VIII Meter was released. This E-Meter represents the biggest leap forward in terms of clarity and cutting-edge technology to date. It will take your public up the auditing side of the Bridge to Clear with astounding speed and unprecedented accuracy through the delivery of the new Golden Age of Tech Phase II services.

You may have heard what auditors using the new Mark Ultra VIII are saying.

Auditors using the new Mark Ultra VIII are uniformly saying that they would never go back to using any other E-Meter and it makes sense. With the Ultra Mark VIII you are giving your pc the best possible service in technical delivery.

As using the Mark Ultra VIII E-Meter is such a vital component for every Field Auditor to fulfill the purpose of clearing his zone, it is IHELP’s intention to get every Field Auditor up to this standard of using this E-Meter and with that get volume public up the Bridge.

Therefore every Field Auditor is required to obtain their own Mark Ultra VIII E-Meters in sufficient quantity to enable the delivery of standard tech to their public as covered in KSW Series No. 1, HCO PL 7 Feb 1965, KEEPING SCIENTOLOGY WORKING.

If you have not done so already, you may purchase your required quantity of Mark Ultra VIII E-Meters at your local org or at your Publications Organization. You can either sign the legal documents (Software license agreement and Waiver) at your local org or get them sent to you by the Publications Organization and returned to them.

Send me a compliance report within 2 week’s time that you have purchased the needed quantity of Mark Ultra VIII E-Meters and that you are using this in your auditing.

Much Love,

Auditor Activation Chief

I HELP International

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
According to Mike's Special Field Correspondent:

First, one must pay for the Mark VIII Ultra E-Meter.

Secondly, one must then be approved before one is sent the legal documents.

Third, one must sign the legal agreement before the E-Meter is delivered.

Fourth, only then is the E-Meter delivered.

In summary, one must pay for the E-Meter in full before one is submitted to the approval process and then sent the legal documents one is required to sign. One is not allowed to see the legal documents one is required to sign until after one has paid for the E-Meter and been approved.

Oh, and one must pay cash (or credit card) for the E-Meter even if one has money on one's account. This is because, "The orgs don’t have enough money to buy Mark Ultra VIIIs and keep them in stock, so the parishioner is required to pay the cash up front for their meter, so that Bridge can deliver it."

And, yes, one must remain in good standing with the Church of Scientology and maintain one's IAS status in order to continue to use the Mark VIII Ultra Meter.

Finally, the Orgs are requiring immediate use of the Mark VIII Ultra E-Meter with no grace period for use of the Mark VII Quantum.

The Warehouse VIII “Suitcase Bomb”
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/the-warehouse-viii-suitcase-bomb/

Excerpts:

This is extortion - to make someone pay up front, then force them to sign lawyered up legal dox, then get okayed to have the e-meter shipped after receiving it. This is another attempt of the cult of Scientology taking people's money first and never having to deliver anything. Send this information to the IRS, AG's in your State, Congressmen and Senator's. Scientologist's - stop allowing yourselves to be extorted - this is against the law and this so-called "religious Organization" is abusing you! Just say NO!! Ask to have the contract reviewed by your attorney before you put the money up - and if you ever want to leave Scientology - you will give the piece of crap back and will get your money back with no H&R from Scientology Organization Mafia!

The more these clubbed seals go along with the extortion - the more Scientology extorts. It has become a science and they keep upping the ante until the Wog Law shuts them down. But people have to start saying NO!!

CommunicatorIC

Are you not allowed to use a mark VII any more?
Mark Ultra VIII E-meters are required for all auditing in Orgs and Missions.

A Mark Ultra VIII E-Meter is required for the new metering course. The purported reason is that it plugs into the new Reads Recorder, and the Mark VII does not.

Everyone has to redo the new metering course as part of their retrain from Student Hat up.

Per the above, all Field Auditors are to report their compliance withing two weeks concerning the purchase of the two required Mark Ultra VIII E-meters.

So I would say, no, you are not allowed to use a Mark VII anymore.