What's new

New Gizmo's for the Super Power Rundown

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Originally posted by Dave Touretzky on ars.

This is hilarious: promo for Scientology's new Super Power rundown.
You've GOT to see the pictures of the "special rooms" and "special
equipment" used to rehabilitate all 57 perceptics. These photos look
like they could have come from the set of an episode of Star Trek: The
Next Generation! There's something that looks like a giant crystal ball;
there's the "make you spin upside-down till you puke" machine we've
seen previously; and there's stuff that looks like it could have come
from the Enterprise transporter room or brig.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Scientology/Miscellaneous/superpower.html

Here's the text of the promo, which was published in Source issue 194,
September 2007, pages 40-41:

AN ENTIRELY NEW UNIVERSE-IDEAL IN EVERY DETAIL Of course, all of it
points to mainline Division 4 technical delivery, beginning on the 3rd
floor: over 52,000 square feet devoted exclusively to training in
volume. Here it all is, every training level of The Bridge with course
rooms like you've never seen-ideal in every detail and training like
no other, accommodating over 1,600 students. Combine that with all
other training facilities and that's how Flag will graduate thousands
upon thousands of new auditors every year.

One flight up, it's another 100,000 square feet now reserved for the
Ls and other Flag-only rundowns and Case Cracking services. In total,
the HGCs number fourteen, each with its own centralized offices for
Tech Services, Directors of Processing and Case Supervisors, not to
mention 300 auditing rooms! And each exemplify the absolute pinnacle
of Standard Tech.

Next on the org board, it's the Qualifications Division. The Mecca not
only boasts the largest and most extensive Qual Library on Earth, it's
the first Qual Division anywhere to be completely computerized- from
routing forms to full access of a searchable database of all LRH
references.

PERCEPTIC BY PERCEPTIC To shift the creation of a new civilization
into overdrive, it's the next level: Super Power! This is the powerful
series of rundowns that will move every Scientologist, at any level of
The Bridge, into an entirely new realm of ability. It's here one will
progress through the drilling stations of the Perceptic Rundown. And
when it comes to the future, here's the likes of which has never even
been conceived of on this planet.

Inset: The Perceptic Rundown, part of Super Power, requires special
equipment and rooms for delivery, which includes drilling of all 57
perceptions to restore native thetan abilities.

Drawn from every ounce of LRH research and discovery, here are the
means of restoring all perceptics of a spiritual being.

Expanding on technology developed by NASA to train astronauts, it's
now combined with everything else they never conceived of in terms of
space. Perceptic by perceptic, it's a one-two punch-with auditing to
remove disability preventing perception and whole track drills to
restore native ability-not as a body, but by theta perception
alone. And it is the Cornerstone Members whose contributions and
dedication are making it all possible and who generations to come, we
will look upon as those who decided to make a new world. Become one of
the elite as a Cornerstone Member.

[Inset: "A Super fantastic, but confidential series of Rundowns that
can be done on anyone whether Dianetic Clear or not that puts the
person into fantastic shape unleashing the Super Power of a
Thetan. This is the means that puts Scientologists into a new realm of
ability enabling them to create the New World. It puts world Clearing
within reach in the future." - LRH Ron's journal]

The text is standard Scieno drool; you really have to see the
accompanying pictures to appreciate the cheesiness of the whole thing.

Thanks to my friends at FLAG for sending this along.

-- Dave Touretzky

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Here is a list of those "57" perceptics. Since the :shark: apparently hasn't come up with the tech for the RD yet, maybe we could do it ourselves.

Some things would be obvious, like drilling in spotting differences until one had improved one's ability in that perception until it was "vastly improved" or whatever. EPs with hard numbers, like differentiation between sound tones a particular number of Hz apart in frequency get tricky.

Some of them are BSable, like "emotional state of other organs". But some of them relate to objective evidence.

Any takers?

1. TIME
2. SIGHT
3. TASTE
4. COLOR
5. SOLIDITY (BARRIERS)
6. RELATIVE SIZES (EXTERNAL)
7. SOUND
8. PITCH
9. TONE
10. VOLUME
11. RHYTHM
12. SMELL (4 SUBDIVISIONS)
13. TOUCH (4 SUBDIVISIONS)
14. PERSONAL EMOTION
15. ENDOCRINE STATES
16. AWARENESS OF AWARENESS
17. PERSONAL SIZE
18. ORGANIC SENSATION (INCLUDING HUNGER)
19. HEARTBEAT
20. BLOOD CIRCULATION
21. CELLULAR AND BACTERIAL POSITION
22. GRAVITIC (SELF AND OTHER WEIGHTS)
23. MOTION OF SELF
24. MOTION (EXTERIOR)
25. BODY POSITION
26. JOINT POSITION
27. INTERNAL TEMPERATURE
28. EXTERNAL TEMPERATURE
29. BALANCE
30. MUSCULAR TENSION
31. SALINE CONTENT OF SELF (BODY)
32. FIELDS/MAGNETIC
33. TIME TRACK MOTION
34. PHYSICAL ENERGY (PERSONAL WEARINESS, etc.)
35. SELF DETERMINISM (RELATIVE ON EACH DYNAMIC)
36. MOISTURE (SELF)
37. SOUND DIRECTION
3s. EMOTIONAL STATE OF OTHER ORGANS
39. PERSONAL POSITION ON THE TONE SCALE
40. AFFINITY (SELF AND OTHERS)
41. COMMUNICATION (SELF AND OTHERS)
42. REALITY (SELF AND OTHERS)
43. EMOTIONAL STATE OF GROUPS
44. COMPASS DIRECTION
45. LEVEL OF CONSCIOUSNESS
46. PAIN
47. PERCEPTION OF CONCLUSIONS (PAST AND PRESENT)
48. PERCEPTION OF COMPUTATION (PAST AND PRESENT)
49. PERCEPTION OF IMAGINATION (PAST AND PRESENT)
50. PERCEPTION OF HAVING PERCEIVED (PAST AND PRESENT)
51. AWARENESS OF NOT-KNOWING
52. AWARENESS OF IMPORTANCE, UNIMPORTANCE
53. AWARENESS OF OTHERS
54. AWARENESS OF LOCATION AND PLACEMENT
(a) MASSES
(b) SPACES
(c) LOCATION ITSELF
55. PERCEPTION OF APPETITE (PROBLEM COVERED UNDER 17)

Paul

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
ROTFLMAO

Looks like a goddam implant station to me.

:hifive: :thewave: :handshake:

I really love both Scientologists and Ex's. We share a language that only the truly once indoctrinated can understand.

I find great comfort in the fact that there are people that completely understand me.

LOL!

Patty

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Here is a list of those "57" perceptics. Since the :shark: apparently hasn't come up with the tech for the RD yet, maybe we could do it ourselves.

Some things would be obvious, like drilling in spotting differences until one had improved one's ability in that perception until it was "vastly improved" or whatever. EPs with hard numbers, like differentiation between sound tones a particular number of Hz apart in frequency get tricky.

Some of them are BSable, like "emotional state of other organs". But some of them relate to objective evidence.

Any takers?

Paul

OMG it makes me want to :puke: Apologies if that offends anyone, it's just they look like a mix between kiddie rides and someone's ideas of implant equipment.
Talking of which, some of those 'rides' will surely make cleaning up necessary - I wonder if that is another RD?

And number 51 would be interesting!!!

Div6

Crusader
There is a thread over at OCMB that discusses some further aspects of this. Here is a blurb from LBV:

"It should be clarified, if anyone is interested in why the building has never been completed, that it could have been completed in construction 5 years ago if there was a SuperPower program to be delivered.

The bug is not the building, the bug is that DM has busted every single person even remotely capable of putting together either the equipment or the materials needed to deliver the rundown years ago, and he himself is the "only one" that is "competent enough" to compile them. Just like he is the only one competent enough to do anything else in Scientology.

The materials cannot be put together as there are no Technical Compilers, no Senior C/S Int Office, hardly any tech trained people left at the top ranks, since the implementation of the "Golden Age of Tech." What does that tell everyone else but DM? -- that there's something seriously wrong. What does that tell DM? -- that there's something seriously wrong with everyone else but himself.

The equipment cannot be put together as the CST Project to the Int Base that was meant to save Scientology (and at the side research, design, build, pilot and finalize the SuperPower equipment) was busted by DM and put under house arrest. What does that tell...?

"SuperPower" must sound really cool for those looking for those lost OT powers. It must be "it," since Clear, OT I, OT III, OT V, OT VII, OT VIII, the L Rundowns and everything else that was "it" turned out not to be so.

Sorry to disappoint you, after SuperPower turns out not to be "it," you will have to wait until OT IX, OT X, OT XI, OT XII, OT XIII, OT XIV, OT XV and who knows whatever other yet unreleased levels will finally debug your lack of OT abilities. For one of them, must, right? One of them must be "it" for your case. Because your case is special, but LRH knew what he was doing, so somewhere there must a level, a rundown that will return to you those OT abilities you have now heard of for 60 years. It couldn't be a lie this time. It just couldn't. It all sounds so good. And LRH never lied to you or conned you.

Or, you can chose to believe him and spend the rest of the money you have or don't have because YOUR NEXT STEP must be the one that resolves your case. It is going to be a long and expensive road, my friend. And at the end you will ask: I have reached Total Freedom now, so why do I not feel any different, except for a lot older and poorer?

The answer is way too simple. Way, way too simple to be easily believed.

(I know, I'm writing this to the wrong audience. Regardless, better written than unwritten.)"

OHTEEATE

Silver Meritorious Patron
that's right.

You are right, it is just a matter of when you finally notice it is a con job. I am OT 8 and had all 3 L rundowns, and it's a con job. Sorry. It just is. I really saw some glimmers of hope in it, at times it does seem to work, but lasting gains? Real OT abilities, nah. Too bad, so sad as the kids say.

duddins

Patron Meritorious
I wonder how the great superpwer DM did on all these:

17. PERSONAL SIZE
40. AFFINITY (SELF AND OTHERS)
41. COMMUNICATION (SELF AND OTHERS)
42. REALITY (SELF AND OTHERS)
43. EMOTIONAL STATE OF GROUPS

The tech must work! Cuz he definitely has a handle on em!:whistling:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
@ OHTEEATE, I seem to recall that you got pissed at me over at OCMB.. For denying any raisins in the Co$ cowpie.

It was a damned shame that you deleted all your posts.. Well..

BTW. Looks like it's possible to have a new account started at OCMB again.

:morecoffee:

:hifive: :thewave: :handshake:

I really love both Scientologists and Ex's. We share a language that only the truly once indoctrinated can understand.

I find great comfort in the fact that there are people that completely understand me.

LOL!

Patty

A complete understanding of you comes from a brief study of O/W phenomena. And that's OK.

LOL!

Beef Terminal

OHTEEATE

Schwimmelpuckel

I don't remember who you were over there, I only remember getting pissed at one person in Switzerland named RolandRB here. I was only on clambake with my wifes account for a week or so. Also, there is this thing called waking up which happens after leaving the CofS, and it takes a LOT of coffee and years sometimes. So, sorry if I ever offended you. There are plenty of different theories about cow pies of the CofS, and I now think it's a scam, pure and simple. Especially Super Power, which is a pie in the sky gigantic ufo cult con job if ever there was one. 150 million and NO product, and no hope of one in the next two years, anyway. I live nearby and that building is no where near finished inside. Nothing being done inside. Lots of drawings and hype to sucker the marks out of more money.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Mike

I'm the same wacky nick on OCMB as here. :) - No, you never offended me. I know about waking up. I had to work near certainty about myself being an evil SP out of my system. Took me a decade actually...

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I'm the same wacky nick on OCMB as here. :) - No, you never offended me. I know about waking up. I had to work near certainty about myself being an evil SP out of my system. Took me a decade actually...

It seems to have worked.

Who cares about calendars?

Zinj

Little Bear Victor

I thought I had something to say about the original subject of this thread but I think I've forgotten it now.

Did this have something to do with the SuperPower equipment...?

Oh yes; one thing is that the images in the promo are all computer generated. So none of this still exists in real life, although it has been something like 9 years in the making by now.

It must have something to do with the superhuman abilities and OTness of the Sea Org. Or the amazing organizational abilities drawn from whole track research of what was workable. Or programming tech that pales everything else on planet Earth. Or ethics tech that with the lightest of touch keeps Scientologist on-purpose. Or the magic combination of it all, which adds up to ... well, nothing really getting done.

In the meanwhile, it is probably a good idea to pick up the challenge of compiling the rundowns needed for these perceptics.

Taken from beginning, the obvious becomes obvious:

1. TIME
2. SIGHT
3. TASTE
4. COLOR

Well, that is just about as organized as a mental disorder.

If someone can tell me the logic by which these perceptics are categorized or arranged, he is up for the Nobel prize. (My assumption is that these senses are organized in the sequence that LRH was worried he would lose them in.)

To practice your sense of time, you should buy a watch and learn to read it. For a lower gradient approach (undercutting this OT ability), a very large (wall-size) extremely high-tech talking clock should be built, in front of which one can practice the numbers. To drill this to Golden Age of Tech II standards, the person would have to be able to list out (without reference to the drill) every number between 1 and 60 in sequence and without the slightest hesitation, then every number between 1 and 3600, then every number between 1 and 86400, then every number between 1 and 604800, then every number between 1 and 31449600. This will give him a very good sense of how many seconds and thus how much time there is in one year, with a perfect balance of mass and significance. Passing that drill he is ready for the next perceptic (Note: First 4 drills are done to an RTC pass).

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Taken from beginning, the obvious becomes obvious:

1. TIME
2. SIGHT
3. TASTE
4. COLOR

Well, that is just about as organized as a mental disorder.

Quite obviously you have missed important criteria:

1) Thetiness
2) Ronniness
4) Goodthinkimgness
5) Acceptable Truthiness
6) SafePointiness
7) Non-enturbulatiness

Surely there are more missed criteria, but, those come to mind...

Zinj

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Humans Could Have Geomagnetic Sight

Humans Could Have Geomagnetic Sight?

From http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2011/06/geomagnetic-vision/:
The ability to see Earth’s magnetic field, thought to be restricted to sea turtles and swallows and other long-distance animal navigators, may also reside in human eyes.

Tests of cryptochrome 2, a key protein component of geomagnetic perception, found that its human version restored geomagnetic orientation in cryptochrome-deficient fruit flies.

Flies are a long, long way from people, but that the protein worked at all is impressive. There’s also a whole lot of it in our eyes.

<snip>
I didn't want to start a new thread for this so I tacked it on here.

Paul