What's new

New Here

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
New member here. Just thought would say hello to everyone. I was in Narconon in Toronto in the 70s. Never thought I would ever come to "one of these sites", but here I am. Recruited walking down the street. This girl came up to me and asked me what color my shoes were, and walked me in the door. I was there for about four years, off and on. Any other Narconon Canada x's out there? Name is Joe by the way. When I find the right area to post my story I will. Just not sure quite where to go yet.

Welcome aboard Joe.

New member introductions is probably a good place to start.

Zinj (another joe)

Sindy

Crusader
Don't be too hard on yourself. You *did* wake up. When I was a child, I was raised Catholic. My father was ethnophobic, and so I duplicated a lot of his attitudes, and so I hated "niggers", "kikes", "fags", etc. I got in fights with them, just because they fit those labels. As I grew up, I started to realize that however they fit those labels, those labels did not encompass all of them. In most cases, they were literally only skin deep, or one very pale aspect of a much deeper, richer being lying just below that I was cheating myself from knowing.

I individuated from my father's views at that point. It took time to stop using the offensive words, or thinking them when I would first meet people that I would normally have judged those ways in years before. Now, I am offended, myself, when I hear them.

In the same way, a person can become trusting of an organization, and adopt its attitudes concerning other people. If you don't have doubts about these attitudes, and later individuate from them, then I would question your judgment, but you *did* indivduate from them, despite strong pressure not to (stronger pressure than my Dad ever tried to bring to bear on me).

I remember there was a guy in our Dissem division for a short while. I think his name was David, and he was asian. He had been "fitness boarded" out of the Sea Organization. I didn't know this, or what that meant, and so when I met him in the bowels of Boston Day org, I simply started chatting with him and getting to know him. I was pulled to the side by the HCO Area Secretary, who informed me he was a "degraded being" and that I shouldn't talk too much to him as he was "ethics bait", and that it could cause trouble for me. I almost slapped her. I went back, and chatted him up some more, and he was OBVIOUSLY RELIEVED TO BE CONSIDERED A HUMAN BEING BY SOMEONE. It was so pathetic that it disturbed me deeply. This guy actually believed he was a degraded being, himself. It really angered me. The next day, he wasn't around anymore.

I don't know what happened to him. Perhaps I should have done more. That was then. I know it contributed to my waking up, though. It was a glaring "outpoint".

Such things are sad. That I was involved saddens me. However, the important thing is that we transcend such experiences, learn from them, and cease treating people that way in the future. Dehumanizing people is offensive to enlightened individuals.

Wow, I just saw this...this is beautiful. Thank you. Your words are eloquent.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hello !

New member here. Just thought would say hello to everyone. I was in Narconon in Toronto in the 70s. Never thought I would ever come to "one of these sites", but here I am. Recruited walking down the street. This girl came up to me and asked me what color my shoes were, and walked me in the door. I was there for about four years, off and on. Any other Narconon Canada x's out there? Name is Joe by the way. When I find the right area to post my story I will. Just not sure quite where to go yet.

Hello, Joe. :welcome: :wave: Awaiting your story :drama: :waiting:

MrNobody

Who needs merits?

Hi iduna (Joe), and :welcome: I'm pretty sure you can find other Narconon Canada x's here. :) If you just want to introduce yourself, I suggest this section, if you want to tell your story, this one would probably best.

So just come in, grab a seat and enjoy your stay.

Hint: people here LOVE stories. :wink2:

Sekh

Patron with Honors
Hi Gaijin,

stranger in a strange land, welcome to this board. :happydance: Erhardt and Atari, those were the "good" old days.
Sometimes I do long back to those years, but when I look at my current laptop, I praise the God of Modern Technology.

Good thing you recognized EST for what it was. The Cult-test
http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult_q0.html has some good info about EST and other Psycho-cults in the late seventies and early eighties. There is also a thread of that name on this forum somewhere. Quite hilarious.

Anyway, welcome aboard!:welcome2: Sekh