What's new

New Independent Scientologist: Nora Curiston

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
New Independent Scientologist: Nora Curiston

Mike: Nora Curiston Announces Herself
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/nora-curiston-announces-herself/

Excerpts:
I want to be perfectly clear here that this is a Doubt formula on the corporate Church of Scientology, not on the works of L Ron Hubbard. I have always found his technology and philosophies to be true for me. The fact that he insisted that I accept nothing unless it was personally true for me was a large part of what I respected in the philosophies of Dianetics and Scientology. And, although many who read this might consider that I abrogate the right to say this, I feel that L Ron Hubbard is my friend and would expect no less than that I should freely and honestly do this formula.
1) The Ideal Org program is off policy. Ron never pushed for lavish MEST premises and did not condone solving Scientology with anything other than Scientology. It is simple to find the LRH references on this.

2) The use of confessional and O/W auditing for anything other than the unburdening of the individual in order to allow for his or her own spiritual freedom is out tech. There may be instances of sec checking to spot and route out plants etc. but the use of endless hours of this type of auditing as a response to any small gesture of disagreement with the Church, as is our inalienable right per the Creed of the Church, is out tech and an abomination of the original intention of LRH’s technology in this area.

3) Arbitraries being added to the definition of a floating needle. Ron clearly defined a floating needle, period. This needle manifestation is our indication that the entirety of the purpose of LRH’s technology has occurred at any given time. Something has been released, something has blown, some measure of freedom has been achieved. To tinker with the definition of this manifestation is to block or at the very least mess up those moments of release and freedom. Ron is very clear about the problems of overrun.
I cannot softsoap the contempt I feel towards David Miscavige.
And so, I hereby declare myself to be an independent Scientologist.

ClearedSP

Patron with Honors
Nora Curiston said:
2) The use of confessional and O/W auditing for anything other than the unburdening of the individual in order to allow for his or her own spiritual freedom is out tech.

I think she misunderstands, since she lacks hidden data line info.

Bill Franks said:
...a messenger came down with a Despatch written by LRH. My memory does not recall any folders being returned. The despatch was entitled Very Confidential underlined. "He went onto say that if you or Franks ever reveal any of this information that I am about to reveal, the consequences will be severe for SCN."
He then wrote" a person does not blow due Overts or Witholds. He blows only due to ARC BKs".
"However, If any of this information ever became public,I would lose all control of the orgs and eventually Scientology as a whole".signed "LRH"
Link.

If Hubbard used O/W for organizational control, and DM does likewise, what tech's been altered?

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I think she misunderstands, since she lacks hidden data line info.

Link.

If Hubbard used O/W for organizational control, and DM does likewise, what tech's been altered?

Lurk more. Key words abusive + "sec checks", gang-bang " "sec checks" .

ClearedSP

Patron with Honors
Lurk more. Key words abusive + "sec checks", gang-bang " "sec checks" .

Scores, if not hundreds of people, were gang bang sec checked in 1982 alone.

Those stories from the early '70s, when SO missionaires were sometimes known to show up flashing handguns, or flinging a Nazi dagger around frightened org staff... do you think they gave non-abusive sec checks?

Things took a turn for the worse at some point -- opinions will vary on when -- culminating in the badness of '82, but I distinctly recall Hubbard being alive in those days. Or do we let him off the hook for everything that happened in the last decade of his life?

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
It is nice to see someone is out but why don't these people ever investigate Hubbard himself?

As for me I still like some of the tech and I think Hubbard was also a sick bastard.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Soooo happy to see this. I know Nora from way way back. I am so glad she is out. :happydance: Her doubt formula is well thought out.