What's new

New - looking for information 1970's Cali

Tuvalu

There is a long back story with all this - but basically - I am searching for members who might have knowledge about Scientology in southern california and specifically Guadalajara/Jalisco Mexico.
My late father in law (Bruce Allnutt ) was deeply into Scientology in the late 60's and 70's - AFTER being involved with the OTO (Ordo Templi Orientis) in the early 60's. My husband was only a small child at the time and was taken to the canery islands (possibly for the boat thing? The dates work out) . My husband hardly remembers or talks about this - or his involvement in Est/Forum/Landmark in the 80's and 90's. We are struggling in our marriage and he seem traumatized. I finally got him into the best therapist I could possibly find - but i am scared that EMDR and some of those approaches could be triggering him. i am on a treasure hunt to find his history. I have the hand written Audits in volumes his step father wrote back in the 60's - and thanks to his mother and grandmother - I have a lot of details about his upbringing - but they have only ever barely mentioned the fact that they spent 3 decades involved in Scientology Est/Forum/landmark. So I cannot get information from them. There is so much secrecy... its seeping into our rather mainstream nuclear family life :'(
I am hoping the kindness of strangers here could help me put the clues together - and help my husband heal from this that is clearly still haunting him.
Thank you so much for your courage and speaking out.
Cheers
Tu'

Veda

Sponsor
Hi and welcome.

Your husband was brought into Scientology as a child, and didn't do anything wrong, and need not feel haunted.

Maybe this brief overview and its links - which recognize both the positives and the negatives - will be of some use. Ex Scientologist - The Scientological Onion

There's content on ESMB on all the topics you mentioned, even EST, etc. Takes a while to search through it though.