What's new

Re: ROSE COLORED GLASSES?

... Scientology has been a totalist mind-control cult for the last fifty or so years. Yes, I know it didn't seem that way to those involved in the "good old days," but it was, nonetheless. ...

Two caveats ...

1. The CHURCH of Scientology. :)

2. First, not total mind control over the full 50 years. That was why the Sea Org needed to be created, to extend control throughout the entirety of the church.

It took some time for that control to become fully established within the church, especially the further removed from hubbard & the central orgs. It didn't become total until sometime in the '80s. The process of total control was thus achieved on a gradient. :biggrin:

Mark A. Baker

Veda

Sponsor
Re: ROSE COLORED GLASSES?

-snip-

sometime in the '80s. The process of total control was thus achieved on a gradient. :biggrin:

-snip-

In 1982, Hubbard looted the Missions.

I didn't say that Hubbard didn't gradually tighten the screws on his totalist cult, just that Scientology was a totalist cult for fifty years or so.

And that's true.

That you can sit in your bathroom reading a copy of 'Advance!' magazine and think "I am a Scientologist" doesn't change that.

Scientology was a nasty piece of work by the early 1960s. Is it necessary to quote chapter and verse?

We all know that you are a Scientologist for the duration of the universe, and I, for one, am not interested in dragging you out of the bathroom or taking your copy of 'Advance!' magazine away.

koki

Silver Meritorious Patron
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm one of the founding members of the Michigan Scientologists Freezone group. We are on Facebook and are celebrating our second year as member of the International Freezone Association. Our focus is on training in LRH tech up to Class VI.

I was on staff at the local mission over 30 years ago. Our mission folded once the Miscavige-Mayo spat hit the fans and our mission holder couldn't afford the $25,000 fee to keep the mission.

At the time of leaving the C of S, I had been trained to Class IV.

When I and my (ex) husband left the C of S, we literally left. We met with our friends on and off over the years, but had no idea there was a FZ-- we never bothered to search and look.

Okay, I'm not the most computer savy-- my daughter is the one who works for Google, not I! After getting bombarded years ago with a half dozen dvds about how the entire Bridge lectures were now for sale-- and being an avid Ebay user-- I reconnected with most of those that I had hung out with and we decided to put ourselves back through an intensive retread of ALL the materials, in chronological order, and get our communal butts in gear--ready for "field action".

LOL-- so my daughter taught me about Twitter and Facebook-- and I typed in Scientology and viola-- the FZ was found-- much to our collective astonishment and glee!

Our students are reading EVERY book, and listening to EVERY lecture in chronological order-- as LRH gave/wrote them. THey do the Bridge courses-- Student HAt etc in order.

Retreading has been a wonderful win, and having the FULL tech (I remember the lectures being kept under lock and key by the course supervisor--who sacredly put the reel to reel on in a dramatic ritual) available is marvelous.

IF the FZ had been known (as well as computer skills) long ago, believe me, this would have been accomplished long ago. It is with immense pleasure that we are all flying up the Bridge, having great group training and discussions, and delivering the tech to those that want it!

Whew! I finally found your site-- and am glad to connect.

tech don't work....:coolwink:
it is V O I L A ....:biggrin:

Veda: After 30 years, there is a lot of "reading between the lines", especially where there are contradictions within the tech itself, not to mention that LRH was a LOUSY lecturer! How anyone could get what he said and integrate it all on ONE hearing is beyond me...lol. (I am an educator by trade.)

I've noticed a lot of c of s bashing...and if that helps people..so be it... I guess I am more into the PT of "What do I do now and how can I use this to help and not hinder?" And yes, to answer another posting: the "help" has to be requested.

I am a vegetarian, raw foodist, currently on day 40 of a juice fast. I am a certified homeopath and naturopath. Do I seek for everyone to be, do, or have this? No. Frankly, I could care less what each does to their innards..lol.

However, I notice that perspective is everything, and everyone is correct from the first dynamic SELF point of view. Oh hell people, if we all did the same dance, ate the same things, thought the same things, and felt the same fuzzies and/or pain we would be automatons.

I am not out to bash, but to learn and continue my own personal development. I'm sure that many here are doing the same.

To those that want to tear it all apart... here are some super scissors..have a great time. Feel better?

To those who are using the tech aspects to help and heal, bravo, and please continue to send me what you have learned so that I too may learn and grow.

IN the long run, it's all a game... it can suck or tickle your behind depending on how you face and play it.

AHA!

an Educator! from the latin "educare:" meaning "to draw out"

that's it right there in a nutshell; the heart and soul of the difference between US and THEM. we educate; we teach how to think. they indoctrinate; they enforce what to think

That's a great story. Welcome aboard. And here's the bucket of cold water you have been waiting for ... while it is great that all of that material is now freely available inspite of the Cof$ and his high assholiness DM, the question is how useful is it really?

I ieft in late 81, after having been just going thru the motions since 1980, also at a mission. I was at a Connecticut mission, one of two MOWW missions with mission holder F. Brown McKee, who was one of the movers and shakers of the famous mission holder's mutiny meetings at Flag ... in fact, it was Brown who assigned the WatchDog committee the condition of confusion. Brown was declared in early January of 1982, may have been New Years Day as mater of fact. I was out in California at the time ... I was asked to leave in October because I wasn't on course or getting auditing anymore.

Anyways ... you will remember the same bridge charts that I remember, prior to all the NOTS crapola. If you recall, OT5 was supposed to get you exterior to the physical universe and OT6 was supposed to get you to be able to operate exterior to the body with full perception, and OT7, which was put in as an action between
OT3 and OT3X, was supposed to rehab your ability to project intention. So by the time you were at the top of the old bridge, you were attesting to being able to operate exterior, go exterior to the physical universe, and project your intention into the physical universe/make your postulates stick. And all of those abilities were supposed to be 100% stable. This is what you were SUPPOSED to be able to do as an oatee. But the trouble was/is ... nobody truely achieved that, or, if they did, they did so only briefly and those abilities, if they were ever there and mainly they were not, were fleeting at best. So the question is ... even if you have access to all of those materials, and they are the true blue LRH stuff ... they are, at best, deeply flawed, so why bother with them? I don't get it.

I CAN understand going thru all the LRH stuff with a critical eye to figure out what is for real and what is not, and find out what is the true gradient and what is not, and perhaps throw in some later developments ... for instance, there are now all manner of brain training machines that use various sorts of biofeedback, and there are all sorts of computer based training available online to enhance memory, etc. But once you have put together a program of all that works, you will have something other than Scientology. It might work better, it might be more up to date and more people friendly, it might use something besides an e meter, etc... but, by definition, it will be "squirrel."

The bottom line here ... wog tech found on the web has far exceeded what the "bridge" could really do at best ... not what it claimed, of course ... and for almost no money compared to the official Cof$ bridge.

Pete

hmmm...

i suspect a very significant factor in OT abilities winking out is we drop them ourselves by reason of their dark potential

tell me, if you would be so kind, where is this freezone michigan academy? i'd love to stop in next time i drive across country. how many students do you usually have? how long has it been functioning?

eugene ruggles was a kingpin of bay area poetry for decades but scarcely known in his home state. here's one his poems which might make a fitting

inscription for the door

I have no enemies left,
only some friends who are late.
Come in, there is no lock, hang your coat
beside the fire and pull a chair to it's edge.
We shall drink tea and clear the path
leading back to the heart's first address
You may have news of these nations beginning to
revolve beside each other like seasons
or word of the fires out of control south of us
where the poor are burning the lies keeping them
Why are those three ragged strangers still kneeling
over their ashes, invite them in, bring them in,
they can rest here beside this oven of bread.
Children sleep in corners, taking notes.
A woman is dressing in the room overhead,
her footsteps are tablets i open to sleep.
The new wind is full of branches tonight,
leaving no holes in the darkness.
Enter. I have no enemies left anymore,
only some friends who are late.

eugene ruggles, december 4, 1935-june 3, 2004

Herpderp69

Master of Shenanigans
Where are folks located? Ive been reading a ton about Scientology online but was too afraid to actually visit an org. But then I discovered all this freezone stuff which has me interested all over again. I'm in metro-Detroit.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Welcome. Just want to give you a heads up (IMHO)

Paul and his robot are kinda cool entities to watch and read. He makes a lot of good observations, plus he's funny as hell.

I did see your FB group, yah. Very cool.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Where are folks located? Ive been reading a ton about Scientology online but was too afraid to actually visit an org. But then I discovered all this freezone stuff which has me interested all over again. I'm in metro-Detroit.

Sometimes "the same planet" is an adequate answer. Have a look at my iCans blog (link in sig) regarding auditing and training over the internet.

I don't do remote auditing personally except vicariously through PaulsRobot.

Paul

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Where are folks located? Ive been reading a ton about Scientology online but was too afraid to actually visit an org.
. . .
Very wise. Nothing good can happen to you, long-term, if you let the people in an org get their hooks into you.

Some cheapzoners are lovely. Some are harmless. Some are unstable, and a few will do their best to eat your brain. Choose with care!

Jim Little

Patron with Honors
Sorry but all my books, tapes, and lectures are part of the St. Louis landfill.

As far as retreading anything its probably as good as retreaded tires.

It didn't save Hubbard, his marriage, his kids, his friends, or his Cult.

StickbyMe

Patron with Honors

Yes, we all know your story.

To HP Aradia, welcome aboard.