ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

New mission opening up in Hastings, Sussex, UK.

Discussion in 'Europe' started by JohnMccMaster, Sep 16, 2007.

1. JohnMccMaster

JohnMccMaster Patron with Honors

There's a new mission opening up in Hastings, Sussex, UK. I don't know any picketers but I bet they'd like to know this. I don't know when or indeed if it's already open but I don't think it has yet. The main thing is that the locals there don't know what the CoS gets up to. Maybe they should be enlightened.

The document below points out their OCA and other ways the Co manipulates people from the first contact with the Church.

http://www.escapeint.org/questions/questions.htm

2. wazn

wazn Patron with Honors

There is a mission in the process of opening in Tucson, Arizona, as well.

3. Richard Ford

Richard Ford New Member

Xenu tour of the UK

I will be touring the UK as Xenu later on in the year. I have seen many countries but somehow I have forgotton to see my own.

Most people believe that it is expensive but it can be very cheap- coach tickets for £1.50 of you book in advance- and hostels for less than ten pounds.

Above all- many events and atractions are free.

I have visited Hastings once already (not as Xenu) but it is very beautiful. Visiting the tourist traps dressed as an alien would be interesting.

It would give the mission something to explain to the locals.

4. Pixie

Pixie Crusader

:duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:

5. Cat's Squirrel

Cat's Squirrel Gold Meritorious Patron

I think the best place for this mission is the railway station toilets.

I've been to Hastings a couple of times and it's an OK town (the Old Town is, anyway) but for some reason the cleaners used to use enough bleach in the toilets to gas anyone who stayed there for any length of time - you could feel the catch in your throat if you even had a pee there. So, setting up a mission there ensures it will be short lived.

Scn. missionaires seem to be decent people in my experience, but they're the "outreach" of the CofS and one step leads to another. Unfortunately, therefore, they have to be treated the same way as the orgs and people warned of the dangers of getting involved with them, until the CofS straightens itself out - which is looking less and less likely.

6. byte301

byte301 Crusader

:D All Hail xenu, and have a good time!

7. byte301

byte301 Crusader

You are so right. That's how I got in Scientology. Mission's can do a lot more hand holding and show some actual ARC...then you go to an ORG!:omg:

8. ScudMuffin

ScudMuffin Silver Meritorious Patron

TBH I can't really see the difference. To me it sells scn so it's an org.

Hastings...not that far from Battle & The Abbey so you get some historical sight seeing if you do things over a weekend. Plus you can stand outside the entrance to the Abbey and hand out leaflets.

9. Sharone Stainforth

Sharone Stainforth Silver Meritorious Patron

Hubbards Dianetics Centres are all over the South coast.

Is Lack of Self Confidence Ruining Your Life?

Fill in this Free personality test.

The address is :

Hubbard Dianetics Centre
    The Lookout
    Chapel Walk
    Bexhill-on-sea
    East Sussex
    TN40 2JT

Apart from the Free personality test which promotes "an indepth, accurate analysis of the results of your test from an expert evalulator, obligation free". The questionaire also invites you to buy and read Dianetics.

When life becomes a battleground, your mind is your best weapon. What blocks you from using your mind's full potential?

Dianetics(of course) at £22 hardback and £13 paperback.

The sad thing is Bexhill - on -sea is a small sea side town of predominantly elderly people who go there to retire. Ripe for ripping off life savings.

St. Leonards -on- sea, just a few miles up the coast and the home of Narconon UK, on the corner of Albany Road, St. Leonards has a heavy population of drug addicts and alcoholics.

Hastings, just less than 2 miles further up the coast is Hubbard Dianetics Centre based in the Queens Walk Arcade in the center of town.The town is full of young people.

We've been invaded by aliens.

10. Sharone Stainforth

Iv'e been walk about today.

I caught a quick train to Bexhill. No sign of any stress tests any where. Spoke to two ladies in the Save the Children shop and informed them about scientology. They had heard of it and one woman told me she knew of two marriages that ended due to Scientology.

Concentrated my attention on front groups today. Managed to inform a few people who otherwise might not have been aware.

Took train back to St. Leaonards and walked up to Narconon.All quiet there, sleepy little residential area, just coming back along Pevensey Road, when a man in a red car, in a red T-shirt, didn't take his eyes off of me as he was cruising along. In fact he was almost hanging out the window, so intently was he watching me. He turned into the corner of Albany Road, and I predict into Narconon.

Got talking to a lady at the bus stop on the corner of Pevensey Road/ Upper Maze Hill and low and behold in the bus stop window, a Narconon poster had been put up.The lady catches the bus regularly and told me the poster had only just appeared.I left a 'Not everything you actually see is what it appears to be' flier next to the poster. Checked all bus stops and telephone boxes enroute to Hastings and did a little fliering myself.

Dropped by the Hastings Dianetics Center and rang the bell, still no reply.
    Quite an eventful day.

11. Kutta

Kutta Silver Meritorious Patron

You are a wonderful foot-soldier for us Sharonne. Thank you.

12. Sharone Stainforth

On the 28th of April whilst on my walkabout, I happened to bump into a guy, whom looked very familiar. He was as surprised to see me as I was him.At first he sort of smiled then when recognition set in, he grimaced. I wish I had been prepared with a ready camera.

He was walking down Kings Road, St. Leonards, this was before I went up to Narconon.

I don't remember his name, but I knew I had seen a fair bit of him in London, when I first started picketing. Can't find a photo, but here is a good excuse to watch one of my favourite London protest videos.

It's Mr. Red Tie @ 5.31. I'm sure someone will know his name.Whether he is connected to Narconon or the Hastings Mission on St. Leonards Road, which I have yet to check out as It has only recently come to my attention.

Sorry to put this video here, but at least you'll know who I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SraUpcJfqw&feature=PlayList&p=13F1775F6A159608&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=1

13. Snuffy

Snuffy Patron Meritorious

Mr Red Tie's first name is Felix. He worked at London Org when I was there. I don't know his surname.

14. Sharone Stainforth

Thank You very much Snuffy, hope you are doing well.