What's new

NEW mystery novel set in the world of Scientology: Killing Xenu

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
NEW mystery novel set in the world of Scientology: Killing Xenu.

Kindle: $2.99
Paperback: $12.99

Kindle version is FREE is you have Kindle Unlimited.

https://www.amazon.com/Killing-Xenu-Rick-Verde/dp/1722002794/

COvc9jR.jpg

* * * * * * BEGIN INTRODUCTION * * * * *

Killing Xenu

by Rick Verde (Author)

Kindle
$0.00 with Kindle Unlimited
Read with Kindle Unlimited to also enjoy access to over 1 million more titles
$2.99 to buy

Paperback
$12.99

When an international movie star is brutally murdered, the world is sent into shock. Clearwater police department sends Detective Botti to investigate, hoping that this case can be wrapped up immediately.
But when a clues lead them to a prominent musician, it'll send them into a downward spiral they never expected to go.

In the city of Clearwater, one of the biggest Scientology churches resides, and this is not the city for a prominent leader to be killed.

Now Detective Botti must fight off the church, media, and the desire to find his missing daughter before he is able to catch a killer whose obsession is bringing down Scientology.

By the time this case is over, Detective Botti life will be changed forever. Who is this killer? What is his motive? And most importantly, why did he ask for Detective Botti personally?

Product details

File Size: 471 KB
Print Length: 276 pages
Publication Date: August 21, 2018
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
Language: English
ASIN: B07GQW1SB4
Text-to-Speech: Enabled
X-Ray:
Not Enabled
Word Wise: Enabled
Lending: Enabled
Screen Reader: Supported
Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled

* * * * * END INTRODUCTION * * * * *

The author, Rick Verde, tweeted a Twitter Video Trailer:

https://twitter.com/Verderick79/status/1032669882268020737

Author Rick Verde with a copy of his book:

6CN674q.jpg

Graphic for use on Twitter:

BudJh7X.png

Last edited:

J. Warbler

Patron
Since David Miscavige's official job involves controlling the "trademarks and copyrights of Dianetics and Scientology," won't the author have to come up with a new cover for this book pretty quickly?

If this question is out of line, feel free to have Ms. Emma delete it.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Since David Miscavige's official job involves controlling the "trademarks and copyrights of Dianetics and Scientology," won't the author have to come up with a new cover for this book pretty quickly?

If this question is out of line, feel free to have Ms. Emma delete it.
I don't think your question is out of line at all. Off the top of my head, I don't think the COS or the RTC can prohibit all references to Scientology in novels. I know that there has been at least one other mystery novel ("The Scientology Murders: A Dead Detective Novel") that is set in the world of Scientology, and indeed has the word "Scientology" in its title. You can't copyright a single word ("Scientology"). As far as trademark goes, it appears clear there is no danger of consumer confusion or anyone thinking this book is authorized by or a product of the COS. I don't think the author of "Killing Xenu" will have any problems.

EDITED TO ADD:

On second thought, maybe the use of the double triangle symbol on the cover may be problematic? I don't know.

Last edited: