What's new

New Narconon Site in Maryland. Hearing Tuesday.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
'Myths obscure Trout Run’s past'
By Sylvia Carignan [email protected] |Frederick News Post ( aka FNP )
Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2015 3:30 pm
The ramps beside the stone steps were not built for President Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s wheelchair.

No president ever slept in the retreat’s stone-walled cabins.

The name “Trout Run” was not its first name and likely won’t be its last.

The 40-acre site at 12929 Catoctin Hollow Road near Thurmont has been shrouded in more fiction than fact during the past few months it’s spent in the spotlight.

While dozens clamor to weigh in on the County Council’s decision regarding the site, and a handful of paid representatives work to quash rumors, one voice speaks from decades of experience.

“To me, that place was like my own home,” said Louise Barry.[..] read on for more!
http://www.fredericknewspost.com/ne...cle_4fad9e69-6a00-5a69-82c1-87989f47aa52.html

The FNP created a video related to the article in the paper.
[video]https://youtu.be/U3DzoPAx8ZM[/video]

Ahh, the infamous OSA troll Sylvia Stanard, executive of DC Org on a recent visit to Trout Run reping Scientology. Photo courtesy of Frederick News Post
5569fb27ca6cb.image.jpg

Terific letter in the FNP today:

Trout Run stonework isn't historic
Frederick News Post
Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2015 2:00 am

The whole premise of who, how, why and the desperate attempts at historical justification of the current owners of Trout Run property should concern everyone and warrant careful review. Many are already concerned and have raised issues about Scientology, Narconon and the intended drug rehab center the current owners wish to build at this site. However a very close review of the true history needs done before any decision is made.

Flashy exaggerations of the fact and all but smoke and mirrors have been used to get any approvals until this point. On Aug. 24, 2014, at a county historic preservation meeting, prior to any vote, false assertions were made that the stone buildings, stonework and improvements were completed and are original from the time of President Hoover’s administration. The applicant further stated that the buildings and stonework were done in the late ‘20s to early ‘30s. This is not true and is very misleading.[..] read on for more...
http://www.fredericknewspost.com/op...cle_bc15ed4a-5fc1-54b6-b029-dadc4fce96d4.html

Intelligence

Silver Meritorious Patron
JUST PUBLISHED:> Tuesday, June 2, 2015 12:15 am:> Looks like Miscavige's 'lap-puppy' - my arch enemy and adversary, Stanard/OSA, got to a reporter for this 'Spin-Doctored' news story. Tomorrow afternoon, the Frederick Council votes and we're down to a few 'Hanging-Chads' for the vote to be NO.

I hope wee Billy ends up standing alone with his Willy in his hand after this mess is over. In my opinion, he is 'wanton-deaf' nutter who plays the 3 monkeys ... no see, no hear, and no say unless YES VOTE.

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/ne...f-a4d9-460a5ea0cb0f.html?_dc=212755806511.268

EXCERPTS:

Three out of four participants stay clean and sober long term, Rodgers said.
Miller said his second time in the program, he spent five months in rehab in Louisiana, working part time at Narconon and paying $12,000 for the program.

“Through the education and experience I have received through Narconon and from the grace and the forgiveness from God, I am able to help myself and others,” Miller wrote in a letter.

Scientology techniques and principles used in Narconon “address causes and effects of drug addiction and help participants become contributing members of society,” according to the reference work. “These program components include helping participants learn how to communicate, cope with the pressures of life and regain higher standards of self-esteem and honesty.”
The Church of Scientology has no set dogma concerning God. Scientology does not ask individuals to accept anything on faith alone.
“Salvation” in Scientology “has to do with making man ‘safe’ or ‘whole’ in his present life,” according to “Scientology: Theology and Practice of a Contemporary Religion.”

Miller, the Stanards and Rodgers said program participants do not have to become Scientologists as they complete the detoxification and behavior therapy. Miller said he was able to attend church on Sundays, and Rodgers said the center would make arrangements with Frederick area churches so participants could attend services.

“It doesn’t matter what religion it is, someone’s against it,” Shreve said in a telephone interview.

His view is that there were no data to refute the expert testimony in favor of the historic designation that would allow the treatment center to open.

“You have to believe the experts or be sued,” Shreve said.

MORE HERE:

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/ne...f-a4d9-460a5ea0cb0f.html?_dc=212755806511.268

Anonycat

Crusader
Scientology does ask people to believe on "faith alone". Like the Narconon recovery rate that Pooks made up back in the day, which is still claimed by Narconon. It's a lie, but they ask families to believe it, at $30,000 a pop. That's fraud.

Leland

Crusader
Scientology does ask people to believe on "faith alone". Like the Narconon recovery rate that Pooks made up back in the day, which is still claimed by Narconon. It's a lie, but they ask families to believe it, at $30,000 a pop. That's fraud.

There are a LOT of drug rehab commercials on TV.....these days.

I assume it is that $30,000 a pop.....that apparently insurance companies will pay out for that service....

" Passages Malibu " advertises a lot.

But there are a couple more...that are continually on TV....that are "referral services..." to put you in contact with "an appropriate" rehab clinic.

" And they'll even check your insurance to see if you are covered....FOR FREE....:unsure:"

I've been concerned that one of these "referral services.." might be connected with the Cult.....

I've haven't picked up the phone to find out.....but it would be interesting....to do a bit of research on them....

I wouldn't put it past the cult....to do something like that....

secretiveoldfag

Three out of four participants stay clean and sober long term, Rodgers said.
Miller said his second time in the program, he spent five months in rehab in Louisiana, working part time at Narconon and paying $12,000 for the program.

“Through the education and experience I have received through Narconon and from the grace and the forgiveness from God, I am able to help myself and others,” Miller wrote in a letter.

Scientology techniques and principles used in Narconon “address causes and effects of drug addiction and help participants become contributing members of society,” according to the reference work. “These program components include helping participants learn how to communicate, cope with the pressures of life and regain higher standards of self-esteem and honesty.”
The Church of Scientology has no set dogma concerning God. Scientology does not ask individuals to accept anything on faith alone.
“Salvation” in Scientology “has to do with making man ‘safe’ or ‘whole’ in his present life,” according to “Scientology: Theology and Practice of a Contemporary Religion.”

Miller, the Stanards and Rodgers said program participants do not have to become Scientologists as they complete the detoxification and behavior therapy. Miller said he was able to attend church on Sundays, and Rodgers said the center would make arrangements with Frederick area churches so participants could attend services

:puke2:

AnonyMary

I agree with your feelings, and these people really need to get some e-mails to get the facts on this.

Since May 2nd when the record was closed, the members of the county council are not allowed to receive public comment on the issue until after the vote tonight. emailing the media publications and individual reporters is best at this time

AnonyMary

The Narconon Trout Run issue is bringing out the cult dogs...

Narconon Reviews and Reaching For The Tipping Point Forum servers are still under attack.

Scientology Fair Game at work.

Both sites are archived. Anyone needing to get information from the sites can obtain it via these links :

Narconon Reviews
https://web.archive.org/web/20150330091119/http://narcononreviews.net/

Reaching For The Tipping Point Forum

https://web.archive.org/web/20150401092312/http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/

Intelligence

http://www.wireservice.ca/index.php?module=News&func=display&sid=16006

Narconon battle in Frederick: citizens protest today at City Hall

June 2, 2015 - Wire Service by David Love: "Scientology's back-door push in Frederick, Maryland to open another one of their Narconon centers, has many concerned citizens up in arms, and will be protesting today in front of the city's Winchester Hall."

But Long says if that happens, it would negate the intent of the historic preservation ordinance. "It's to preserve that piece of history for the education and enjoyment of Frederick County citizens," he says. "Well, if Narconon runs this facility, people won't have access into this property anymore. They won't be able to enjoy it. They won't be able to be educated by it. It really takes it out of the whole system of Frederick County and isolates it."

Clearly, Frederick citizens do not want Scientology in their back yard for numerous reasons, and the media wars in this battle have swayed back and forth as to the safety of the Narconon patients, and also the safety of citizens with more pressure on their police and ambulance resources if opened. Many patients, after leaving Narconon, have stated that they were in far worse condition after leaving than when they arrived at Narconon.

Perhaps this former mayor has it spot-on: "Gabe Cazares former mayor of Clearwater, Florida and critic of L. Ron Hubbard & Scientology' - Cazares explains how Scientology expanded their way into Clearwater under secrecy and lies, and calls the organizations new 'Super Power Building' "the biggest brain-washing factory in the world in downtown Clearwater."

MORE HERE:

http://www.wireservice.ca/index.php?module=News&func=display&sid=16006

NOTE: Channel 4 TV News arrived at protest a few minutes ago.

Intelligence

feqebm.jpg

Mark Segraves ‏@SegravesNBC4 3 minutes ago Frederick, MD
Protestors outside as @FrederickCoMD Council set to vote on @Scientology drug rehab facility
@narconon

v4wi6q.jpg

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Frederick Council just Voted NO to NarCONon!!!

:dancer:

:party:

Son of a gun. I thought fer sure a couple of them good ol' boys had been bought and paid for!

Way to go, Fredneck!

And some of my "sources" back home say you made an impact, David. Thanks, and congratulations!

AnonyMary

Victory against Narconon and Scientology today!!

Thanks for posting about the big 'win' David!

The 6 of 7 county council members who bravely voted against Social Betterment Properties Int's property application for Trout Run were not persuaded that it was historic!! This means SBPI will have to appeal. Before the vote, the county attorney informed the council on what matters and arguments would prevent an appeal from overturning their votes, if thy chose to not approve the historic register designation application ( needed to get the property in place so Narconon could then apply to get their 'group home' facility application in with the state ).

Kudos to all the community members who got together as a bipartisan, non political, differences aside, to help us keep another Narconon from opening ( so far ) and out of their community. This is the 2nd community in the last year to bring their fight against Narconon to Facebook about and enlist support.

Visit No Narconon Trout Run on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/NoNarcononTroutRun/

I will post the televised video tomorrow after it's up and you can hear their valid arguments. The lone wolf who voted in favor of putting the property on the register of historic places was councilman 'Billy Shreve'

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Victory against Narconon and Scientology today!!

Thanks for posting about the big 'win' David!

The 6 of 7 county council members who bravely voted against Social Betterment Properties Int's property application for Trout Run were not persuaded that it was historic!! This means SBPI will have to appeal. Before the vote, the county attorney informed the council on what matters and arguments would prevent an appeal from overturning their votes, if thy chose to not approve the historic register designation application ( needed to get the property in place so Narconon could then apply to get their 'group home' facility application in with the state ).

Kudos to all the community members who got together as a bipartisan, non political, differences aside, to help us keep another Narconon from opening ( so far ) and out of their community. This is the 2nd community in the last year to bring their fight against Narconon to Facebook about and enlist support.

Visit No Narconon Trout Run on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/NoNarcononTroutRun/

I will post the televised video tomorrow after it's up and you can hear their valid arguments. The lone wolf who voted in favor of putting the property on the register of historic places was councilman 'Billy Shreve'

Billy Shreve is also a realtor. I wonder if there was any conflict of interest, there.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Maryland: Vote Is a Setback for Scientology-Linked Rehab Center

By ANDREW SIDDONS JUNE 2, 2015

The Frederick County Council on Tuesday voted 6 to 1 against placing a fishing retreat on a local register of historic places, making it very unlikely that a drug rehabilitation program with ties to the Church of Scientology will be opened. The retreat, near Camp David, has been visited by several presidents. The vote against adding the property, known as Trout Run, to the historic list will deny the retreat the zoning it would need for a Narconon facility. The Council was urged by its lawyer to consider only Trout Run’s historic character and not the practices of Narconon. Narconon is likely to appeal.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/03/u...for-scientology-linked-rehab-center.html?_r=0

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Somewhere "Over the Rainbow" is a Despotic Maggot gnashing His teeth right now.:woohoo:

Thank you to all who contributed to yet another expose-the-lies-of-$cientology's-NarCONon so that yet another local government body is enlightened and stands up for the community it represents.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

And (of course):

FUCK YOU, OSA !!!!!!