What's new

New Petition to Justice Department to Get Ethics In on David Miscavige

:) I'm not sure which thread to put this...apologies if it's already up here somewhere:

http://www.change.org/petitions/dep...petition&utm_term=share_with_facebook_friends

"Why This Is Important

David Miscavige and his cronies who lead the Church of Scientology have been able to get away with human rights abuses against the public, journalists, rank & file Scientologists and former Church leaders for decades. Recent defections of high ranking former leaders finally make it possible for Miscavige to be held accountable for crimes including kidnapping, conspiracy and assault — but only if the FBI and Department of Justice take action! (Tampa Bay Times: "Ex-Clearwater Scientology officer Debbie Cook testifies she was put in 'The Hole,' abused for weeks")

Ask Attorney General Eric Holder to investigate criminal activity committed by David Miscavige and the leadership of the Church of Scientology & bring them to justice!"

Body of Petition Letter:

"Hold David Miscavige Accountable for His Crimes

Greetings,

I just signed the following petition addressed to: Attorney General Eric Holder.

----------------
Hold David Miscavige Accountable for His Crimes

David Miscavige and the leadership of the Church of Scientology have been able to get away with human rights abuses against the public, journalists, rank and file Scientologists and former Church leadership for decades. Recent defections of high ranking former leaders finally make it possible for Miscavige to be held accountable for crimes including kidnapping, conspiracy and assault — but only if the FBI and Department of Justice take action!

On Thursday, February 9, Debbie Cook, a former member of the Scientology leadership, testified under oath about crimes, including kidnapping and assault, that she'd witnessed being perpetrated under the direction of David Miscavige. Also on hand and ready to testify in the Bexar County (TX) court about Miscavige's crimes were former Scientology leaders Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder. Once they realized how damning Ms. Cook's testimony was, and how it would only get worse once Mr Rathbun and Mr. Rinder took the stand, the Church dropped it's proceeding against Ms. Cook rather than allow her to continue to speak about Miscavige's crimes in open court on the public record.

Those who have broken free of David Miscavige's grasp have been telling their tales of his reign of terror for decades. Law enforcement finally has a chance to do something to stop him. I urge you to immediately investigate the crimes committed by Mr. Miscavige and the leadership of the Church of Scientology and see that they are brought to justice!
----------------

Sincerely,

[Your name]"

You can also leave online comments there.

Kutta

Silver Meritorious Patron
Signed! whoopee! I hope this bears fruit. That would be fantastic — action at last in the US, where it has to happen to bring this abomination to its end.

maxd-albums-maxd-misc-pics-picture25761-bump.jpg