What's new

New Scientologist is now new Ex-Scientologist

ScudMuffin

Silver Meritorious Patron
cross post from wwp

Relyt said:
A young girl speaks out about her breaking apart from Scientology. She promoted it to her friends and family, but after feeling some doubt and speaking with her auditor, she has concluded that Scientology is "only after your money".

Listen as she talks about how her auditor basically told her that if she didn't take a certain course right away, that she would die.

YouTube - Scientology Oh No.

Sorry if this has already been posted. I didn't see it posted anywhere else.

Bone

Patron
You go girl!

I couldn't resist, sorry! :whistling:

But, good on her for being strong and insightful enough to see through them.

Carmel

Crusader
A breath of fresh air - such an old head on young shoulders (whoever said or thought that some haven't been around before :whistling: )

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Before the Internet, there were fewer people to talk to about your involvement in Scientology.

You basically just had the people around you in your immediate life. And they either loved it (other Church members) or they hated it (all the SPs in your family, and your former, or soon-to-be disconnected-from low-toned, or druggie friends). Or you had the psych-infested media. So it was difficult to remain objective while you were being pressured to buy things, and cajoled to commit more and more of your identity into becoming a Scientologist.

The Internet allows more objectivity. It allows you to contact people from all walks of life and from far away in space and in time who have data and opinions about Scientology which are much harder to "dead-agent".

I didn't have that. I can't help but think that if I did have the Internet when I was first getting involved, my life would have taken a different course. Maybe a better course, or maybe a worse one, too.

I'm very happy for this young woman, that she had the Internet to turn to while all this was going on for her. And for her obvious ability to sort things out for herself.

anonmom

Patron with Honors
So cool that she can see scientology for what it is, before she spent more time and, of course, money. She so right, scientology is all about money.

FinallyMe

Silver Meritorious Patron
Scudm - thanks for posting this - wow, that gal is truly wise beyond her years. I'm impressed that she gave specifics, rather than just "dissing" the CofS.

Hatshepsut

Crusader
My $cientology story from teenager on

Good for Relyt! I wish I had been that discerning when I walked in at 17 yrs old. Few people knew about Scn so I could not research it as a runnaway kid back in the 70's. The hordes of overts and devious tactics to get more money. Oh, youth spent endeavoring to achieve...eternity! I never really bought that the ENTIRE planet could be cleared at all.:no: Unless there was maybe a 100th monkey effect! :confused2: I wasn't a philanthropist, I was an elitest!! Honestly, at that adolescent age I just wanted the cutting edge. Like on Survivor or any of these last man standing shows. I wanted to be the WINNER. :D I left later ashamed, craving integrity processing, HRD and FPRD handling.:bigcry:
My first Clue that a few fellow scios had become unconscious sock puppets for the dark underbelly force of this universe was that whole embarrassing Finance Police era. Davey, Davey.$$$$ Tut tut tut, Thutmose III. :grouch:
I remember once when the Miami Org was benevolent enough to deliver services to me without payment.... they were absorbing accounts where the actual monies had already been paid to missions which had been raided and robbed to death. Well, let no good deed go unpunished! They were fined 10,000 dollars when I was surprisingly given the item 'Natural Clear' on a DCSI RD. This, their penalty for the greed of hanging onto pc's monies that shoulda been channeled up lines! That Natural Clear stuff had only just been put out!.:thumbsup: What a racket. Hence mass evacuations of 1982_83.
Greed!!! I liken it to some huge dormant genie who's lamp has just received an ardent rubbing. Does it lurk deep in the fabric of the DNA network somewhere....R6....just waiting. :angry:

To my mind comes the story of the biblical Simon Magu$ who had all the wisdom and magic of the Babylonians and the Gnostics but tried to sell it for favors and money touting his feats in the town square. It just always ends up as bad karma when it starts to override the true intention to help. I'm guessing there was some clapping:clap: when he supposedly fell from his flight in the sky to his death. People just don't like that much ego.

My involvement began when I walked into a mission in the then boom town of Orlando, Florida. Like so many young soon to be yuppies coming down here from the Great Lakes I found income opportunities beyond what I had imagined possible.:happydance: The new Disney World development had it's own gravitational field. Businesses popped up in orbit around it.

The in charges running my small mission were old timers from Las Vegas so what their average pc and student did in Sin City to earn money for their auditing was acceptable for that environment. I'd found similar work here and didn't think too much about it. Making $300 a night:coolwink: in Florida as a teenager beat the hell out of the Kmart wages I'd left behind in snowy Cleveland. I'd be terrifically validated as an upstat when the Executive Director came over personally every Saturday morning to pick up my huge advance payments. :clap: ( I served cocktails in a gentleman's club.)
My mission actually had NO auditor with a valid certificate but I was sold a Power Package that had been expressly put together for me, designed to include all the necessary processing steps up to the level of Power. ( These were the days before Dianetic Clear) We were shown LRH bulletins which lectured that the world would only last for another 5 yrs the way it was going.:ohmy: Yep, that was the PR line. There was a zone plan being implemented. The prices were now going up 5% on top of 5% each month escalating indefinitely. There was a baby ban initiated at the new Flag Land Base.NOTHING was to rob us of taking advantage of this "brief moment in eternity" where we had a chance to go free and to make it. Such duress. Well, I figured if this planet wasn't going to be here any more I'd better get OT fast so I could escape.... Getting The Hell OUT of Dodge was on the vision board of my mind. Things were getting serious. This resembled a call to arms!:unsure:

My D of P and the Exec Dir had actually worked with Nibs (Ron de Wolfe) and LRH to develop some of the CCHs etc. They contributed to the development of some of the procedures in the Creation of Human Ability. They'd been in Phoenix and D.C. and Saint Hill during the formative years. I was in awe of them. I did not question anything. Anyway,I was going to purchase my way to becoming a GOD.:thumbsup:
Our staff could not afford to report all the income for services or kick a percentage up the line. The newly chartered United Churches of Florida (Flag) was casting a giant shadow now ready to dicipline any unethical move.
Staff which had gone through all kinds of shenanigans making ends meet while working around Ron were definitely NOT afraid to color outside the lines. Not when it came to balancing books.They knew full well how things worked behind the scenes.

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Great start!

Good for Relyt! I wish I had been that discerning .....

Snip...(me too!)

Greed!!! I liken it to some huge dormant genie who's lamp has just received an ardent rubbing. Does it lurk deep in the fabric of the DNA network somewhere....R6....just waiting. :angry:

To my mind comes the story of the biblical Simon Magu$ who had all the wisdom and magic of the Babylonians and the Gnostics but tried to sell it for favors and money touting his feats in the town square. It just always ends up as bad karma when it starts to override the true intention to help. I'm guessing there was some clapping:clap: when he supposedly fell from his flight in the sky to his death. People just don't like that much ego.

...snip...

Keep going "Hatshep" :yes: :thumbsup: We're dyin' of curiosity here! :eyeroll: :thumbsup:

Mike, the EP's EP

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
If only I knew then, (1971) what she knows now, I wouldn't be chatting it up here with all you knuckleheads. :duh:

Smart young woman.

Bill Bixby

If only I knew then, (1971) what she knows now, I wouldn't be chatting it up here with all you knuckleheads.

If we had the internet in 1971, NONE of us knuckleheads would be chatting with you here. We would have seen the end of the cult 20 years ago, and moved on to better topics by now. Or, Scientology would have used it to take over (CLEAR) the planet, and we would all be in RPF concentration camp for "re-education". "Arbeit macht frei" "work brings freedom".

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Good for Relyt! I wish I had been that discerning when I walked in at 17 yrs old. Few people knew about Scn so I could not research it as a runnaway kid back in the 70's. The hordes of overts and devious tactics to get more money. Oh, youth spent endeavoring to achieve...eternity! I never really bought that the ENTIRE planet could be cleared at all.:no: Unless there was maybe a 100th monkey effect! :confused2: I wasn't a philanthropist, I was an elitest!! Honestly, at that adolescent age I just wanted the cutting edge. Like on Survivor or any of these last man standing shows. I wanted to be the WINNER. :D I left later ashamed, craving integrity processing, HRD and FPRD handling.:bigcry:
My first Clue that a few fellow scios had become unconscious sock puppets for the dark underbelly force of this universe was that whole embarrassing Finance Police era. Davey, Davey.$$$$ Tut tut tut, Thutmose III. :grouch:
I remember once when the Miami Org was benevolent enough to deliver services to me without payment.... they were absorbing accounts where the actual monies had already been paid to missions which had been raided and robbed to death. Well, let no good deed go unpunished! They were fined 10,000 dollars when I was surprisingly given the item 'Natural Clear' on a DCSI RD. This, their penalty for the greed of hanging onto pc's monies that shoulda been channeled up lines! That Natural Clear stuff had only just been put out!.:thumbsup: What a racket. Hence mass evacuations of 1982_83.

My involvement began when I walked into a mission in the then boom town of Orlando, Florida. Like so many young soon to be yuppies coming down here from the Great Lakes I found income opportunities beyond what I had imagined possible.:happydance: The new Disney World development had it's own gravitational field. Businesses popped up in orbit around it.

The in charges running my small mission were old timers from Las Vegas so what their average pc and student did in Sin City to earn money for their auditing was acceptable for that environment. I'd found similar work here and didn't think too much about it. Making $300 a night:coolwink: in Florida as a teenager beat the hell out of the Kmart wages I'd left behind in snowy Cleveland. I'd be terrifically validated as an upstat when the Executive Director came over personally every Saturday morning to pick up my huge advance payments. :clap: ( I served cocktails in a gentleman's club.)
My mission actually had NO auditor with a valid certificate but I was sold a Power Package that had been expressly put together for me, designed to include all the necessary processing steps up to the level of Power. ( These were the days before Dianetic Clear) We were shown LRH bulletins which lectured that the world would only last for another 5 yrs the way it was going.:ohmy: Yep, that was the PR line. There was a zone plan being implemented. The prices were now going up 5% on top of 5% each month escalating indefinitely. There was a baby ban initiated at the new Flag Land Base.NOTHING was to rob us of taking advantage of this "brief moment in eternity" where we had a chance to go free and to make it. Such duress. Well, I figured if this planet wasn't going to be here any more I'd better get OT fast so I could escape.... Getting The Hell OUT of Dodge was on the vision board of my mind. Things were getting serious. This resembled a call to arms!:unsure:

My D of P and the Exec Dir had actually worked with Nibs (Ron de Wolfe) and LRH to develop some of the CCHs etc. They contributed to the development of some of the procedures in the Creation of Human Ability. They'd been in Phoenix and D.C. and Saint Hill during the formative years. I was in awe of them. I did not question anything. Anyway,I was going to purchase my way to becoming a GOD.:thumbsup:
Our staff could not afford to report all the income for services or kick a percentage up the line. The newly chartered United Churches of Florida (Flag) was casting a giant shadow now ready to dicipline any unethical move.
Staff which had gone through all kinds of shenanigans making ends meet while working around Ron were definitely NOT afraid to color outside the lines. Not when it came to balancing books.They knew full well how things worked behind the scenes.

Wow. Hatshepsut!

Welcome to ESMB!

You should start your own thread! I'd love to read more about your story!

Tom of Helatrobus

Patron Meritorious
Refreshing video. Actually, I think this is the typical Scientologist's experience which takes them out of the Church. Only a small percent who get into Scientology are willing to sign a contract or max out all their credit cards.