New:Scientology and David Miscavige sued for abuse

triumph

Silver Meritorious Patron
Church of Scientology and David Miscavige sued for abuse by major legal players
By Tony Ortega | June 18, 2019

We’re posting this press release in its entirety. We heard something like this was coming, and we have reason to believe there is more on the way…

Church of Scientology and Leader David Miscavige Sued for Abuse, Human Trafficking, and Intimidation of Former Member
Attorneys representing Jane Doe filed the first of multiple lawsuits to hold the Church of Scientology accountable for its extensive history of alleged abuse including its “Fair Game” policy that demands members destroy, by any means necessary, anyone who speaks out against the abuses committed within the Church
LOS ANGELES (June 18, 2019) – Today, attorneys representing Jane Doe, a former member of the Church of Scientology, filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles, Calif., alleging years of heinous abuse, human trafficking, and intimidation by members including David Miscavige, the de facto leader of the Church of Scientology. Jane Doe worked within Scientology for years, including directly for Miscavige.

Anyone with information about The Church of Scientology or who has information about victimization within Scientology can call the law firm’s hotline at 855-382-3385.

[email protected] link

https://tonyortega.org/2019/06/18/c...j3Y-brfpaB-oWsOCJEvYdrp8gtXxVeqqd-cdcjOL3ei7Q

Jane Doe vs CoS suit SCRIBD
https://www.scribd.com/document/413784060/Jane-Doe-vs-Church-of-Scientology#from_embed

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
Some of Tony's comments / teasers from today:
No, this is not a criminal case. It's a civil lawsuit. And you always ask for a jury trial, that's standard. But few ever get that far.

Scientology will do what it always does, endless motions to have it thrown out on this principle or that principle, and they'll find ways to argue that Miscavige should be dropped from the case or can't appear. (Yes it will be different than "he doesn't do business in Texas," but they'll find another excuse.)

It will be a grind. But this time, there will be multiple cases, and well-heeled lawyers prepared for the siege. So there's reason to think it might go interesting places.
Don't expect more plaintiffs on this lawsuit.

Expect more LAWSUITS.
The last time a lawsuit against the Church of Scientology actually reached a jury trial was in the mid-1980s. More than 30 years ago. Something to keep in mind.
But just you wait to see who is coming. Oh, what a summer this is going to be.
That last comment is intriguing. Any guesses anyone?

My guesses / wish list
  • Arthur Hubbard -- last of the potential Hubbard family "resistance" possibilities on the outside
  • Pat Broeker -- maybe he's experienced some late-life pangs of repentance and a willingness to finally speak

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I read the complaint. It was mostly boring, but on the basis of "yeah, yeah, ho hum, that's what they do all the time." Being in the SO for decades desensitises one to much of this.

I'll reproduce an interesting bit. I couldn't copy/paste it, so it's an image.

shelly.jpg

More lawsuits? Oh boy, this will be interesting.

:drama:

Paul

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Some of Tony's comments / teasers from today:

That last comment is intriguing. Any guesses anyone?

My guesses / wish list
  • Arthur Hubbard -- last of the potential Hubbard family "resistance" possibilities on the outside
  • Pat Broeker -- maybe he's experienced some late-life pangs of repentance and a willingness to finally speak
If I had to pick just one (1) for the "guess list", I'd go for the odd choice Jeff Hawkins (because life is odd).

Now a "wish list"....hey, that sounds delicious. In no particular order:

Diana Hubbard​
Heber Jentzch​
Shelly Miscavige​
Norman Starkey​
Any of the guards assigned to Shelly Miscavige 24/7, ensuring she never has contact with the outside world or escapes.​

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Fantastic news ...

The Plaintiff appeared on Leah and Mikes show (Valerie Haney) and apparently she's a fighter.

:)

Bring.

it.

on.
HellYeah.

Sorry, but how dumb are Scientologists to have the world at large fearing and hating them---and yet remain obliviously "VGIS" and "WINNING"? LOl

I am an expert on this subject, I've studied it from the inside. In fact I even joined the cult in order to complete my research. No, they never fooled me, not for a moment! lol

Exesso

Bitter Apostate
GOOD STUFF!
I wish I had anything substantial to add to their case. Unfortunately, I was only subject to the more run-of-the-mill child labor/sleep deprivation and general mistreatment doled out to the lower-level service org peons during my SO career. Never witnessed or directly received abuse from the hand of the guy himself.
I hope this goes far and has major impact.

Dotey OT

Cyclops Duck of the North - BEWARE
I am hoping for minimally, she manages to do very well with a huge settlement, and disrupt the cherch even more.

But, judging from the law firms involved, I am hoping for a major kick-ass law suit, dragging the cherch out of the shadows and into the light, exposing their crimes to millions more, and shutting the door on any future prospecting, hiring recruiting.

Could you imagine, maybe just bear with me, that many of the names that we are wondering about get subpoenaed?

I know, some expert here will knock be back to earth. Who will it be?

HelluvaHoax!

I am hoping for minimally, she manages to do very well with a huge settlement, and disrupt the cherch even more.
MOST LIKELY SCENARIO:

-- Cult spends years litigating this with dozens of attorneys desperately attempting to avoid the discovery process.

-- Cult spends $15m-plus trying to derail and fair game plaintiff(s), judges and plaintiff's attorneys.

-- Cult spends (perhaps) $5m to settle. (cumulatively at least $20M)

-- Cult harasses, defrauds & coerces Scientologists in good standing to borrow and donate $20M to the IAS, so they can be humanitarians and save the planet from SPs.

-- Cult SPs (leaders) announce "HUGE WINS" about the "humanitarian" win of defrauding, terrorizing and beating Scientologists and getting away with it.

-- Cult parishioners at the event leap to their feet to applaud and cheer for the "unprecedented 4th dynamic win". Countless success stories are written how the SP/PTS tech really works.

Last edited:

Karakorum

supressively reasonable
Yes!

MOST LIKELY SCENARIO:

-- Cult spends years litigating this with dozens of attorneys desperately attempting to avoid the discovery process.

-- Cult spends $15m plus trying to derail and fair game plaintiff(s), judges and plaintiff's attorneys.

-- Cult spends (perhaps) $5m to settle.

-- Cult harasses, defrauds & coerces Scientologists in good standing to borrow $20m so they can be humanitarians and save the planet from SPs.

-- Cult SPs (leaders) announce "HUGE WINS" about the "humanitarian" win of defrauding, terrorizing and beating Scientologists and getting away with it.

-- Cult parishioners at the event jump to their feet to applaud and cheer for the "unprecedented 4th dynamic win".

-- Cult SO members who do not jump fast enough on their feet to applaud and cheer get sent to the RPF (which doesn't exist anymore - remember that claim guys?). ;)

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
So how much (legitimate) dirt can be aired by the media while this is ongoing without infringing on legal procedures / prejudicing the plaintiff's case?

Paul