What's new

New:Scientology and David Miscavige sued for abuse

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Pic from the Rolling Stone article, credited to Getty images. It's a posed shot, so must be fully authorised for widespread use.

GettyImages-668165760w.jpg

It is therefore remarkable: see how haunted the Dwarf looks! Is this the best image from that particular shoot? Surely they would not have an OK to release out-takes.

Paul

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
Wow, I got off with only 999,999,988 years to go.
Sorry pal. LRH was in England when he first thought of the Sea Org. The 'billion year contract' you signed was a BRITISH billion. You still have 999,999,999,988 years left on your contract.

ETA: but the Church won't tell you that until you reach your 1000,000,000th year in the SO.
ETA2: you say 'tomayto', I say tomahto'.

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I signed an SO contract in 1972. At the time I thought it meant 1,000,000,000.

I just tried to see which was more likely in 1967, but it's not clear. I have no idea which Hubbard had in mind, or if he even cared. I came across this comment to the discussion just now, which may be appropriate:

This all rather put me in mind of another misunderstanding about numbers. George Bush was (allegedly) informed during the Iraq war that three Brazilian soldiers had been killed. "Oh my God!" he said "That's terrible. Remind me again - just how many is a brazilion?"

Paul

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron

I just tried to see which was more likely in 1967, but it's not clear. I have no idea which Hubbard had in mind, or if he even cared. I came across this comment to the discussion just now, which may be appropriate:

This all rather put me in mind of another misunderstanding about numbers. George Bush was (allegedly) informed during the Iraq war that three Brazilian soldiers had been killed. "Oh my God!" he said "That's terrible. Remind me again - just how many is a brazilion?"

Paul
I always figured it was an American billion, given that Hubbard was American. But who cares? Anyway, I remember calculating what a (American) Billion Second Contract would be ... It comes to almost 32 years. :eek:

Veda

Sponsor

Paul
What are you guys fussing over? It was just a joke. You SPs and DBs have no sense of humor!

From question/answer #19, in the 'Appendix' of Cooper's book:

19. (from Cooper) "DO THE SEA ORG PEOPLE SIGN A BILLION YEAR CONTRACT?"

(From Gaiman) "Never make an allegoric joke near literal minded humorless reporters."

It was all just for laughs.

ethics-bait1.jpg

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
If you are perfectly sane why did you drink the Kool-aid in the first place?
Birdie, had Jesus Christ protection...
So being OT and accomplishing OT phenomanons came To reality...because of Jesus intervention....

That makes Birdie unique and special in the universe of frustrated anti-cult cultist ESMBers who didn't accomplished extraordinary things...their kids never won the super bowl...
:confused:
:sadangel:

Last edited:

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious

Paul
I like your Bushism, Paul.

By the way, in addition to (according to Veda) Hubbard being joking about the billion year contract, I was also joking about the true length of the contract being 1,000,000,000,000 years. I also regarded it to mean a million million years when I was in Scn. I don't think the 'British' billion is even used in Britain anymore. We now understand billion to mean a thousand million, and a trillion to mean a million million.

But god-only-knows what he meant by 'trillions-ten' and such like, in the implant materials. Does it mean a trillion to the power of ten? If this stuff was regarded as so important, you'd have thought that, as a 'nuclear physicist', he'd have used standard scientific jargon to denote time periods.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
Regarding Hubbard being joking about the billion-year contract:

Does anyone know of anyone who was recruited to the SO on the basis of "you know you were in the SO last life-time, so it's the honourable thing to do to come back and continue to honour your contract"?

Often people originated that they were past-life Scientologists, and sometimes they would say they had been in the SO before. I'm just curious as to whether this was ever used as a recruitment tool. If so, then although Hubbard might have been joking, there would be a very real sense in which it is not a joke.

I knew people who claimed they had done OT levels in their last life. I don't think it got them a free pass onto the 'next' OT level in the church, though.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
But god-only-knows what he meant by 'trillions-ten' and such like, in the implant materials. Does it mean a trillion to the power of ten? If this stuff was regarded as so important, you'd have thought that, as a 'nuclear physicist', he'd have used standard scientific jargon to denote time periods.
Oh, that one's easy. This IS what he meant, not my opinion of it. He explained it somewhere, maybe a tape explaining "trillions-2" or "trillions-3." A trillion is 10^12, or 1,000,000,000,000. Trillions-2 is 10^12^2 or 10^24.

The platen for the Electrical GPM from OT2 contains dates like "tr[sup]210,000,866th[/sup]." You can tell he meant it as an exponent from the "th," but most people miss this and think he meant the date as a mere 210,000,866 trillion years ago. Ahem.

Paul

Voodoo

Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow
Here's a video of Aaron Smith-Levin responding to the CoS response to the lawsuit from Jane Doe:

Thank you for posting that video news update.

I just love how Aaron lets Miscavige have it with both barrels at the end. There are a LOT more lawsuits coming, and the team that's bringing them is second to none.

I hope they keep it up until the wicked witch is dead.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I was a Kool-aid drinker myself so even I have to come to terms with this question!
That's quite the path most of us walk I guess

From a distance, long time out of the bubble and indoctrination it appears very weird and lunatic...

But when we were in, something took place within us that disconnected our critical thinking and basic good sense...I think the implanted fear of loosing our eternity played a a major role in us drinking a sour koolaid...(At least for me)

At that time we had 0 access to the real scene..we were stuffed with lies and lies...
If only there was one unique true answer that would provide us with explanations of why..but , unfortunately, it's a cluster of reasons that kept each of us in for a while.

Although, the fact we are now out and awaken, speaks for we recovered our senses, and had some courage....

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
It is written in the complaint that she was sent in the hole for 3 months after Shelly was taken out of the base.

It looks bad for Miscavitch...considering the abuses toward her, while serving Miscavitch, were ordered by Miscavitch... So he will have to prepare a defense....unless there is a settlement..

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

I know this is a civil suit, but my mind wanders. . .

I just imagined a criminal prosecution ending in the "COB" being perp-walked in handcuffs off to federal prison, like the "Controller" did for the "Commodore". All good C-suite Cult loyal officers seem to eventually go on that routing form.

But wait, I'm not done! LOL.

Then all 10,000,000 Church members line up cheering and throwing flowers at COB and wishing him a speedy return, much as the gala sendoff they gave to the Commodore when he journeyed to Target II.

Cheering I tell ya! LOL.

And now Rod Serling takes us on a journey.....inside the mind of a Scientologist.

A TV NEWS CREW PULLS ASIDE ONE OF THE JUBILANT OTs FOR A QUICK INTERVIEW:

REPORTER
So, if your leader is going to prison, why are all you
people cheering? You hate him now?

OT
Oh, certainly not, LOL.

REPORTER
Then, um----what's up?

OT
The psychs.

REPORTER
Whuttttttttttttt?
Whadyamean?

OT
The psychs! They did this.
They are sooooo going to motivate from this!

Yeah it ends like that. The conversation suddenly and necessarily terminates on that non-sequitur, because the Scientologist was so overcome with their cog/win that the psychs would pay for this, they had to trot off and write a success story.

.​