What's new

New SP Times article: Former Scientology insiders describe a world of coercion

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Scn whipsaws your attention between imagined pasts and futures so that you cannot see the actual present. :coolwink:

Face :)

Truly brilliant!

Those 2 quotes are amongst the absolute best I have ever seen explaining Scientology's Slippery Slope. . .

APPLIED FACE-OLOGY
Scn seduces you into living a delusion about your “Future” and your “Eternity”…who and what you’re gonna be, what you’re gonna do, what you’re gonna be “able” to do, the places you’re gonna be and see. It’s all so deliriously a grand time of a future. Some folks come to the point that they will do ANYTHING, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE to protect that future --- a time and a future that never will be.

Scn whipsaws your attention between imagined pasts and futures so that you cannot see the actual present.

HelluvaHoax!

Great find and so true. Thanks Purple Rain. They have nothing left but character assassination. They aren't even pretending PR anymore. It's all force.

Each successive PR person just gets more and more clobbered. Maybe some used to fall for the tactics but everyone is hip to their ridiculous strategies now.

I believe we are seeing the last dying breaths of a mortally wounded beast. Who, in their right mind, would get into Scientology now?

Tom Cruise, Kirstie Allie and John Travolta.

Oh, you said "in their right mind" not their analytical "mind". Never "mind".

lkwdblds

Crusader
And another one!

[video=youtube;zMcIFF9Tgmg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMcIFF9Tgmg[/video]

Full article: http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...for-answers-found-a-money-hungry-cult/1201168

How times have changed. My last trip to Flag was in 1999. The heavy regging for money and also for recruiting people into the Sea Org made me vow never to come back. THE ONE THING THAT BLOWS MY MIND IS HAVING A PERSON'S AUDITOR REG THE PERSON!! That is absolutely unbelievable!! When did that practice begin.

The Auditor is supposed to be a person's spiritual counselor. Once an Auditor conducts a heavy registration (sales) cycle on a parishioner, I do not see how that parishioner could ever receive another session from that Auditor. The fact that C of S would not only allow such a thing but encourage it and defend it really just shows that all pretense of being a religion and striving for spiritual gain is a phoney myth.

C of S has removes any pretense of being a religion if they now are brazenly and defiantly having their auditor's reg their pc's on session breaks. At least now, anybody but a complete fool should be able to see that the Flag Organization exists only to strip a person from his/her money.

Sure, reging a person for $35,000 for the Super Power building on the ride from the airport is unbelievable and defies all credibility. Yet, even that pales in comparison to having one's auditor reg her pc on session break!!
Lakey

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
A timely leak over at WWP for those who would like to pretend the hard sell is anything other than flat out, full on KSW Standard L Ron Hubbard Scientology Scripture:

The "Hard Sell" pack is a compilation of basic LRH
references on the subject of Hard Sell. They were gathered
together by two of the most successful Flag Service Org
Registrars. The pack includes as well briefing sheets which
have been used successfully by them and others to close
prospects.

. . . Scientology's two absolutes: its never what it at first appears to be and its always worse than you think.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

How times have changed. My last trip to Flag was in 1999. The heavy regging for money and also for recruiting people into the Sea Org made me vow never to come back. THE ONE THING THAT BLOWS MY MIND IS HAVING A PERSON'S AUDITOR REG THE PERSON!! That is absolutely unbelievable!!

When did that practice begin?

In the early 1990's when I was last at Flag, I went in for an OT VII Review and they ran this. . . (worksheets included below):

L & N

WHO OR WHAT IS PREVENTING YOU FROM PAYING FOR YOUR NEXT AUDITING?

A low bank account balance from my last 8 handlings that would handle everything. tic

My bank's CI on giving me unlimited overdraft protection. tic

Charge on Charge Cards. F

Not having a bankruptcy attorney currently on retainer. tic

Knowing in the fullest sense of the word that no matter how much money I pay, it will never be enough. F

Overrestimulation from reading the chapter in History of Man on 'borrowing'. LF

A wholetrack responsibility implant making me reactively think that being financially ruined is a bad thing. LFBD F/N - ITEM INDICATED​

Div6

Crusader
In the early 1990's when I was last at Flag, I went in for an OT VII Review and they ran this. . . (worksheets included below):

L & N

WHO OR WHAT IS PREVENTING YOU FROM PAYING FOR YOUR NEXT AUDITING?

A low bank account balance from my last 8 handlings that would handle everything. tic

My bank's CI on giving me unlimited overdraft protection. tic

Charge on Charge Cards. F

Not having a bankruptcy attorney currently on retainer. tic

Knowing in the fullest sense of the word that no matter how much money I pay, it will never be enough. F

Overrestimulation from reading the chapter in History of Man on 'borrowing'. LF

A wholetrack responsibility implant making me reactively think that being financially ruined is a bad thing. LFBD F/N - ITEM INDICATED​

Pre-OT fell on his head after last session. Correct the list.

Wrong item? LFBD

Re-nulls and extends the list:

My empty wallet. tic
My maxed out cards. tic
The churches exorbitant pricing..... LFBD, Cog, As-is-ness, FN.

Auditors Report:
Pre-OT went clear as a bell, and achieved all the gains to be had in this one session, according to success story. Remaining hours to be debited for book dono's, as this guy is DONE!

HelluvaHoax!

Pre-OT fell on his head after last session. Correct the list.

Wrong item? LFBD

Re-nulls and extends the list:

My empty wallet. tic
My maxed out cards. tic
The churches exorbitant pricing..... LFBD, Cog, As-is-ness, FN.

Auditors Report:
Pre-OT went clear as a bell, and achieved all the gains to be had in this one session, according to success story. Remaining hours to be debited for book dono's, as this guy is DONE!

:hysterical:

That was a cool item. Cuz it made me realize that Scientology promises to put you at "TOTAL CAUSE" and then promptly does everything in its power to take so much of your money that you become "TOTAL EFFECT".

No exaggeration there, whatever you give them, they want much much much more.

The 8th dynamic is the infinity sign turned on its side--representing the prone, unconscious position of a Scientologist after they have vainly attempted to pay an infinity of money to meet Scientology's insatiable demands to push their personal donations stat to highest-evers.

HelluvaHoax!

How Scientology trains Scientologists to make it go right to "flow money".

SCIENTOLOGIST
Well, I did it! I sold my house and cars. I sold every asset
I have, cashed in my retirement funds, liquidated my children's
college funds, maxed out my credit cards and borrowed money
from every relative, friend and person I have ever met.

REG
Yeah, but did you meet the target I set for you?

SCIENTOLOGIST
(opens a suitcase of cash)
It's all here. One million dollars!

REG
My God! You are the most upstat OT high-toned
total cause theta being on the planet!

SCIENTOLOGIST
(beaming)
I made it go right! Hey I haven't eaten
for a few days, do you have a couple bucks
I could borrow to get a burger?

REG
Well, let's apply Ron's policy here. He says
you shouldn't borrow.

SCIENTOLOGIST
Yeah, you got a point. I'll just have to
make it go right again--right?

REG
Sure, but let's not get into all that hungry meat
body DevT right now-- because I need you to
push your IAS status up to the $5 million dollar level.

SCIENTOLOGIST
Wutt? I just gave you a million dollars!

REG
Ron says you shouldn't validate time and
dwell on the past. I need you to stay in present
time buddy and not get stuck on the time track.

SCIENTOLOGIST
Oh! My bad. Sorry.

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
THE ONE THING THAT BLOWS MY MIND IS HAVING A PERSON'S AUDITOR REG THE PERSON!! That is absolutely unbelievable!!

Yes. That hit me too, especially the fact that Karin Pouw, in the middle of her lying about almost everything else, defended it. She could just as easily have lied about it. That means they think it somehow *admirable* and the rest of the world should think that way too.

Remarkable.

Paul

Veda

Sponsor
Cindy ! The Adulterer !

Listen to this. As I keep exposing the ABUSE and especially Miscavige ABUSE,
they are now say I am/was a Call Girl !

First I was a peddlar of children for underage Sex !

But no one swallowed that. Then they claimed I am /was a honeypot for a Russian Spy !

Then they claimed I was the MISTRESS of a British Politician !
(I was the 2d of a British Politician, and he was wealthy and generous, but I was his girlfriend) ~~ this is from my early early pc folders and has now been spun to the fact that I was ::::drum roll:::::

A Mistress !!!!!!!
:confused2::confused2::confused2:

And in a more escalated way perhaps to please Miscavige, in these hate malicious sites I am named as a Call girl ! (They only JUST discovered that I am a call girl a week ago since I started the ABUSE thread) :duh::duh:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Miscavige is copying Hubbard, and doing what Hubbard did, and doing what Hubbard instructed that others should do.

In 1969, Hubbard wrote that his 2nd wife was a Russian spy named Sara Komkovadamanov, "alias Northup."

In 1972, when Hubbard's red-headed daughter, Alexis, had attempted to contact her father, Hubbard sent one of his agents to Alexis' college to read her a message: The Scientology agent told her that Hubbard was not her father, and that her mother had been "a streetwalker."

In 1965, when Hubbard issued orders that squirrels are "Fair Game, can be sued or harassed. Harass these people in any way possible," etc., he also made multiple accusations of homosexuality, made statements such as "deported for 2nd dynamic reasons," and "ran off from his wife and children," etc.

The accusations started in 1950 and continued to 1982, when Hubbard accused no less than Sigmund Freud of being a "criminal," and attributed the invention of sex to ancient psychiatrists.

Last edited:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
How times have changed. My last trip to Flag was in 1999. The heavy regging for money and also for recruiting people into the Sea Org made me vow never to come back. THE ONE THING THAT BLOWS MY MIND IS HAVING A PERSON'S AUDITOR REG THE PERSON!! That is absolutely unbelievable!! When did that practice begin.

The Auditor is supposed to be a person's spiritual counselor. Once an Auditor conducts a heavy registration (sales) cycle on a parishioner, I do not see how that parishioner could ever receive another session from that Auditor. The fact that C of S would not only allow such a thing but encourage it and defend it really just shows that all pretense of being a religion and striving for spiritual gain is a phoney myth.

C of S has removes any pretense of being a religion if they now are brazenly and defiantly having their auditor's reg their pc's on session breaks. At least now, anybody but a complete fool should be able to see that the Flag Organization exists only to strip a person from his/her money.

Sure, reging a person for $35,000 for the Super Power building on the ride from the airport is unbelievable and defies all credibility. Yet, even that pales in comparison to having one's auditor reg her pc on session break!!
Lakey

Well it was common when I was in to use auditors as tags for the regges particularly on big packages - when the FWT would have a XII speaker that speaker would be an enthusiastic part of the regging - I remember Jill Gleason being good at it for example.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Well it was common when I was in to use auditors as tags for the regges particularly on big packages - when the FWT would have a XII speaker that speaker would be an enthusiastic part of the regging - I remember Jill Gleason being good at it for example.

Absolutely. I remember thousands of times at musters "drilling the resign line". Auditor tells the pc he needs more hours and helps get him down to the reg, or to the D of P who gets him down to the reg. The majority of an org's income is resign GI, so this is a critical action for an org.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Some Good News and Some Bad News for OSA

When the guys over at OSA woke this morning after 3 hours sleep they looked at the SP Times expecting to take another body shot. They were relieved that there was nothing there and that this series is finally done.

Then they went over to Tony Ortega's Village Voice and got the bad news. :omg:

From yesterday mornings article entitled:
"Scientology's Sales Pitch: Pure and Simple Blackmail"

And this thing is only beginning. We hear the duo will take tomorrow off, publish part 3 of their series on Wednesday, and then give us parts 4, 5, and 6 on Sunday, Monday, and the big finish next Tuesday.

I think I'll have to hurry up and do my own little scoop -- about an overseas Ideal Org adventure -- tomorrow, when they're not publishing another installment, if I want to get a word in edgewise.

The entire article is over here and has some good stuff in it. :yes:
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/11/scientologys_sa.php

Re: Some Good News and Some Bad News for OSA

When the guys over at OSA woke this morning after 3 hours sleep they looked at the SP Times expecting to take another body shot. They were relieved that there was nothing there and that this series is finally done.

Holy fukin hell! The midget's already shitting live dynamite and its going to keep going right through thursday 2 pm and into next week. Think of all of those Flag customers who always had BPC over the regging and money grabbing reading all that entheta about the totally out-ARC money grabbing SO members following the Mad Midget's money obsessive orders. The Mad Midget should go into session and get...oh, but........... I'm going to get Family sized bulk purchase popcorn.

Gadfly

Crusader

Very true. Hubbard wrote exact policies that regges should be regularly "briefed by the Tech Div (auditors) to keep the "wins" real to them. I got in back in 1976, and it was common for auditors to "tag" with the regges.

It was and surely still is common for any recruiter or reg to ask, "who are her friends and people in the Sea Org who she respects or admires"? Then the reg or recruiter gets those people to "tag" on the cycle. That person is often the person's auditor.

Yes, also, it was common to bring a "top Flag auditor" on the Flag World Tour. I was advanceman for the EUS FWT in about 1983-4 and a Class XII was flown in for EVERY event. And they WERE "regging". In fact, I myself was called by the Captain FSO, and SCREAMED AT, and ordered to get in there and reg myself.

My stats were "number of people attending event" and things like that. I did put on GREAT events, with sometimes highest ever attendance, but if the GI was down (reg's stats), I would get blasted too! :confused2:

I remember when "Road to Freedom" came out. There was a push for EVERY staff member and FSM to sell them in abundance.

In the Sea Org there is a certain attitude that it is each staff member's job to "do every job". There is no point at which you aren't pushed to be "responsibile for everything".

There were/are also BOOK COMMISSIONS. When one lives on $50 per week, that EXTRA MONEY can sure be nice. When I was FSO staff, it surprized me just how many folks got book commissions who you would never expect - receptionist, Qual Sec, MAAs, etc. The MAAs often got books sold as "amends for Liability formulas". BacK in the 1990s, when I last did some service on Flag, it seemed that almost EVERY "terminal" along the routing form was hitting me up to buy books. It was even written on certain routing forms for each person to "reg for books". This is nothing new. I remember "Scientology event programs" back in the early 1980s containing targets for EVERY STAFF member, regardless of post, to "sell books".

Even though the notion of pan-determinism is entirely dumb, at least outside of full micro-managed totalitarian dictatorships, they PRETEND it is true, and FORCE such behavior from all (as best they can).

Last edited:

Div6

Crusader
Very true. Hubbard wrote exact policies that regges should be regularly "briefed by the Tech Div (auditors) to keep the "wins" real to them. I got in back in 1976, and it was common for auditors to "tag" with the regges.

It was and surely still is common for any recruiter or reg to ask, "who are her friends and people in the Sea Org who she respects or admires"? Then the reg or recruiter gets those people to "tag" on the cycle. That person is often the person's auditor.

Yes, also, it was common to bring a "top Flag auditor" on the Flag World Tour. I was advanceman for the EUS FWT in about 1983-4 and a Class XII was flown in for EVERY event. And they WERE "regging". In fact, I myself was called by the Captain FSO, and SCREAMED AT, and ordered to get in there and reg myself.

My stats were "number of people attending event" and things like that. I did put on GREAT events, with sometimes highest ever attendance, but if the GI was down (reg's stats), I would get blasted too! :confused2:

I remember when "Road to Freedom" came out. There was a push for EVERY staff member and FSM to sell them in abundance.

In the Sea Org there is a certain attitude that it is each staff member's job to "do every job". There is no point at which you aren't pushed to be "responsibile for everything".

There were/are also BOOK COMMISSIONS. When one lives on $50 per week, that EXTRA MONEY can sure be nice. When I was FSO staff, it surprized me just how many folks got book commissions who you would never expect - receptionist, Qual Sec, MAAs, etc. The MAAs often got books sold as "amends for Liability formulas". Bacj in the 1990s, when I did some service on Flag, it seemed that almost EVERY "terminal" along the routing form was hitting me up to buy books. It was even written on certain routing forms for each person to "reg for books". This is nothing new.

Even though the notion of pan-determinism is entirely dumb, at least outside of full micro-managed totalitarian dictatorships, they PRETEND it is true, and FORCE such behavior from all (as best they can).

OMG Gadfly! EUS FWT? With the incredibly lovable Louis Schwarz (the Tallest Reg in the World)? (Ever notice how most of the really successful regges came from the Jewish communities...:omg:) I was in DC during that time....one of the XII's that used to come through was Edy Lundeen....she was a trip.

But yah, the Event I\C post was the most underthanked post on the Org Board. I used to get H\E's for event attendance by promising that if the public honestly confirmed, I would make sure they were not "re-confirmed" 1000 times. Made me unpopular with the "Push-Debug-Drive" Product Officers, but "the data was the stats" as they say.

Gadfly

Crusader
OMG Gadfly! EUS FWT? With the incredibly lovable Louis Schwarz (the Tallest Reg in the World)? (Ever notice how most of the really successful regges came from the Jewish communities...:omg:)

Yeah, I sure did. Louis Schwarz. Fred Schwarz. Mike Fine. Fred's wife. The FSMs like Stan Dubin, and that guy who has been FSMing for many years in WUS (I forget his name).

I am sure it may be politically incorrect to point out such things. Oh well. In the history of Communism, some of the top theorists and promoters also came from the "Jewish community".

I was in DC during that time....one of the XII's that used to come through was Edy Lundeen....she was a trip.

Yep, she came out when I was setting up events - she probably came to the one I set up in DC.

But yah, the Event I\C post was the most underthanked post on the Org Board. I used to get H\E's for event attendance by promising that if the public honestly confirmed, I would make sure they were not "re-confirmed" 1000 times. Made me unpopular with the "Push-Debug-Drive" Product Officers, but "the data was the stats" as they say.

I worked in FSC office at Flag in the mid 1980s, so I was in touch with the regges and FSMs all of the time. The PRESSURE on GI lines was INSANE. I am sure it still is.

The FLB Finance Director (Jon Lundeen) sat PERMANENTLY in front of the FSC INT (Bo Wennberg), and he was Bo's personal non-stop 24/7 Product Officer. Lundeen would be on the phone to the INT Finance Director, sometimes three or four times every hour! Getting EXTREME pressure, and he would pass that pressure "down the lines" to Bo, who would then pass it down the lines to every outer org FSC (Flag Service Consultant).

The demand for money is unrelenting in Scientology. THAT is NOT "new with Miscavige". I got involved in the Sea Org in 1976, and the pressure was EXTREME then too. Especially for INCOME! Miscavige simply "carries on the tradition" begun by Hubbard.

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
Re: Some Good News and Some Bad News for OSA

:roflmao: re: osa
And the VV article is very good!!!

Gadfly

Crusader
The basis of the coercion and Hard Sell

Here are references that are GOSPEL and that are in EVERY reg's and recruiter's "hat pack". These references are DRUMMED into the heads of regges and recruiters. They are crammed on these OVER and OVER and OVER, until they AGREE with every (bogus) statement made by Hubbard. They are drilled over and over to be able to "think with this data" and "use this data" to FORCE parishioners to pay and start services. Some get VERY GOOD at this.

Hubbard was right below when he said, "when that one fact becomes real it all falls into place". It does. If you BELIEVE, if you AGREE, if you are convinced, and if you are "certain" that "Advanced Courses are the most valuable service on the Planet" and that "Advanced Courses rehabilitate the Thetan to his OT abilities and last forever and give immortality", THEN you will stop at nothing to take EVERY PENNY from every prospect. And, often, you will GIVE every penny that you have - because you have "bought into the deception".

Here are CHURCH DOGMA, or Scientology "scriptures", that all Scientologists, and especially regges and recruiters, are brain-washed into accepting and agreeing with:

Hard Sell

If the Captain does not know that Advanced Courses are the most valuable service on the Planet he will not be able to understand HARD SELL. Therefore he must realize: That life insurance, houses, cars, stocks, bonds, college savings, all are transitory and impermanent and based on things not surviving, or on things that are in fact being destroyed.

Advanced Courses rehabilitate the Thetan to his OT abilities and last forever and give immortality.

"Hard sell" is based on knowing and promoting in this line (TRUTH!) and not being reasonable about people who want "other things" or "other practices". There is nothing to compare with Advanced Courses. They are infinitely valuable and transcend time itself.

L. Ron Hubbard
from Flag Mission Order 375
14 August 1970

It is necessary in writing an ad or a flier to assume that the person is going to sign up right now and he is going to take it right now. This is the inference. One does not describe something, one commands something.

You will find that a lot of people are in a more or less hypnotic daze in their aberrated state, and they respond to direct commands in literature and ads. If one does not understand this, and if he doesn't know that Dianetics and Scientology are the most valuable services on the planet, he will not be able to understand hard sell or be able to write good copy.

So realize that you are not offering cars or life insurance or jewelry or stocks or bonds or houses or any of the transitory and impermanent things which are based on things which are not surviving or on things that are in fact being destroyed. You're offering a service that's going to rehabilitate him.

Hard sell means insistence that people buy. It means caring about the person and not being reasonable about stops but caring enough to get him through the stops and barriers to get the service that's going to rehabilitate him.

That is the sole reason for our use of surveys and promotion and marketing in the first place.

When that one fact becomes real it all falls into place and it should be a short step then for a copywriter to produce an ad that attracts, interests, creates want and sells Scientology products and services.

L. Ron Hubbard
from HCO PL 26 Sept 79 III Copywriting

A great deal of Scientology indoctrination involves getting each member to accept and believe - "to know" - that Scientololgy services are the most valuable on the planet. Once you understand THAT about the Scientology mindset, it is easy to understand HOW and WHY they are so fanatical, persistent and forceful.

They actually BELIEVE this nonsense. With all of their hearts and souls.

Realize that this "knowing" in Scientology is actually "believing", as "with faith", as it has NOTHING to do with anything outside of the minds and imaginations of the believers. They "agree" with all Hubbard's many claims and assertions, but most of these are NOT "true". It IS "real to them". That is part of the trick of Scientology - how to make complete nonsense appear as "real".

Part of the lower reference explains how Scientology NEVER "discusses" or "describes" ANYTHING when trying to get you to act or behave. They only and always COMMAND. They run "tight 8C" on you. They aim to "control" your every action. They force you to do what they believe your "reactive mind" is telling you NOT to do!

That is why they have no problem with locking you in a room for 5 or 6 hours, with 5 staff members, and overwhelming the shit out of you until you cave in and PAY. I mean, heck, it isn't really "you" who is being attacked and resisting, it is just that pesky "reactive mind". You will THANK THEM once you "make it to full OT"! (or so they have often said)

Last edited:

lkwdblds

Crusader
Absolutely. I remember thousands of times at musters "drilling the resign line". Auditor tells the pc he needs more hours and helps get him down to the reg, or to the D of P who gets him down to the reg. The majority of an org's income is resign GI, so this is a critical action for an org.

I have witnessed auditor's routing a pc to the reg; that never bothered me that much. What stunned me while reading this thread last night is that the auditor was wearing the registrar hat and actually doing the regging herself!
Lakey