What's new

New SP Times article on abortions in the SO.

AnonKat

Crusader
I don't doubt in the least that people were being pressured to have abortions before the 'Flag Order'.

But, even without that, isn't the 'Cadet Org' itself at least as horrific as forced abortions that replaced it?

Who authorized *that*? Or 10-year-old SO contracts?

Zinj

http://www.carolineletkeman.org/c/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/FO_0760.jpg

FO_0760.jpg

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
When I was 16 I ran the gauntlet of pressure to abort and I understand what happens. Even though I did manage to keep my baby I underwent the other side of it - the lack of care and normal support for a mother. I was back on post the day after coming out of hospital with a newborn under my desk. Well of course that couldn't last too long and the 'solution' to that has had ripples that still echo today.

Thanks Clare, Bea and Laura!

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I just read that one and saw the video. There is a hilarious statement from Tommy Davis that "No Sea Org member has ever been subjected to 'intimidation.' ". I had to restrain myself from waking the neighbours with my mirth at 2 a.m. I mean, that one is so far off the wall as to be through the opposite one and heading off into space in its haste to get away!

Paul

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I just read that one and saw the video. There is a hilarious statement from Tommy Davis that "No Sea Org member has ever been subjected to 'intimidation.' ". I had to restrain myself from waking the neighbours with my mirth at 2 a.m. I mean, that one is so far off the wall as to be through the opposite one and heading off into space in its haste to get away!

Paul

I was thinking that subject would make a good thread by itself. Unbelievable, I think Davis has lost it.

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
From WWP with thanks:

sptimes20100613thumnail.jpg

Excuse if it has alread been posted. The PDF of the Sunday print edition front page is up:
http://www.tampabay.com/specials/publication/Times_1A/20100613.pdf

Some Bitmap versions for you, cropped and some with whitespace at the bottom to add your weblinks etc:
1280pixel wide readable>> http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/5174/sptimes20100613.jpg
700 pixel wide >> http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/5238/sptimes20100613smallful.jpg
700 pixel wide (small text cropped)>> http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/3025/sptimes20100613smallcro.jpg
400 pixel wide "thumbnail">> http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9403/sptimes20100613thumnail.jpg

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Wow! What an amazing front page of the St Pete Times! :happydance:

I just watched the new video........it's great! :thumbsup:
Thank-You Natalie and Shelby!! :yes:

Last edited:

Mystic

Crusader
Sometimes I get a bit calmed down about this abject POS called scientology, then along comes these videos of these wonderful ladies speaking out.

Thank you Claire.

Thank you Laura.

Thank you Sunny.

I am deliciously uncalm again.

lie2meiluvit

Patron with Honors
I read somewhere that LRH performed coathanger abortions on his own wife. Then the SP times quoted him :Some excerpts from Dianetics:

"Once the child is conceived, no matter how 'shameful' the circumstances, no matter the mores, no matter the income, that man or woman who would attempt an abortion on an unborn child is attempting a murder which will seldom succeed and is laying the foundation of a childhood of illness and heartache.

"Anyone attempting an abortion is committing an act against the whole society and the future; any judge or doctor recommending an abortion should be instantly deprived of position and practice, whatever his 'reason.' "

"A woman who is pregnant should be given every consideration by a society which has any feeling for its future generations."

Now Marty is saying that DM is to blame...seems to me it started with LRH. I'm just glad this is getting out in the open now for everyone to see just how twisted this cult is. As for Marty...he needs to get his head out of his tukus and take a deep breath of fresh air.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Just found this by coincidence.. Video looks great.. Nice song! - By Marina & the Diamonds.. Sounds like she's singin', 'I'm not a ronbot!' in places..
I AM NOT A RO(N)BOT!!
I was thinking of the brave girls who just spoke their harroving stories about coerced abortions..

So this is a song for all the brave girls who break loose from the Sinister Scam Cult of Scientology.. The wonderwomen! - And for those still in: The warcry: "Guess What! I'm not a robot!!"

:yes:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Just found this by coincidence.. Video looks great.. Nice song! - By Marina & the Diamonds.. Sounds like she's singin', 'I'm not a ronbot!' in places..
I AM NOT A RO(N)BOT!!
I was thinking of the brave girls who just spoke their harroving stories about coerced abortions..

So this is a song for all the brave girls who break loose from the Sinister Scam Cult of Scientology.. The wonderwomen! - And for those still in: The warcry: "Guess What! I'm not a robot!!"

:yes:

That is a terrific video and so apropos!

Miss Penguin

Patron with Honors
That is a fitting video and song. :coolwink:

I hope we see more coming forward and sharing their experiences. Truth is indeed being revealed.

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
Amen

Those vids are dynamite! - Three women just telling it how it *was*, for all to see.

No sensationalism, no hype, no crap.........Just bare honest truth, and it came through *unquestionably* as just that!

Bea, Claire and Laura - Kudos to you and thank you! :heartflower: Bloody good job!:thumbsup:

Thumbs up too, to Joe and Thomas from the St Pete's times.......This kind of journalism is indeed effective, and in addition to that, the timing is grand!

I couldn't agree with you more. No sensationalism, yet ever so piercing truth. No interruptions from Heber or Tommy. Bam!

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you to Claire, Sunny and Laura and to the St. Petersburg Times for having the courage to post these amazing stories of abuse

:rose: To Claire
:rose: To Laura
:rose: To Sunny
:hattip: To the St. Pete Times :clap:

As tragic as these stories are, truly they are life saving at the same
time. Please never forget that, to each of you who so courageously has
spoken out.

Blessings to all of you,

Tory/Magoo