Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Save Scientology Blog: Reform Letters Go Public

Save Scientology Blog: Reform Letters Go Public

Save Scientology Blog: Reform Letters Go Public

http://blog.savescientology.com/2015/09/reform-letters-go-public/

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

Reform Letters Go Public

Posted on September 13, 2015 by Merrell

More than five years ago, the genesis for this website began when three long-term, Scientologist lawyers confabbed in an attempt to calm the media onslaught against the church brought on by the publication of Truth Rundown.

One of the three was Jim Jackson (pictured).

Obviously, we agreed, the allegations being slung against David Miscavige by former high-ranking Sea Org members and international executives needed to be investigated. The wrong solution was to attack the whistleblowers – their rightful label, not liars and criminals as they were being called by Church officials.

We found support in Scientology policy, too. Committees of Evidence. So we decided to write a letter to top Scientology officials and church lawyers. Jackson bravely volunteered his letterhead and signature.

The only problem with our approach, we later discovered, was that the convening authority for worldwide matters, the Executive Director International, Guillaume Lesevre, had allegedly been taken off post and banished to a prison-like facility at the International Base near Hemet, California by David Miscavige.

If true, it meant that Miscavige was beyond the reach of Scientology ethics and justice codes and had no ecclesiastical oversight.

Next question: What about secular law? Boards of directors of nonprofit religious corporations were (and are) required by law to exert ultimate oversight over corporate affairs.

This led to a research project into the corporate governing structure of Scientology, and to more letters. Six in total.

The letters were published today by the Tampa Bay Times as an addendum to its story about Jim Jackson and his reform activities. Tampa Bay Times Article. lll Reform Letters.

The letters were ignored. We then published the findings of our research project on this website.

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * * *

I read the letters. It was an interesting exercise from the perspective of someone who still believed in the teachings of Scientology but he was essentially told to "Go pound sand".

A lot of us have independently arrived at the conclusion that the organization was always designed as a dictatorship to insulate LRH or the person in charge from culpability while still providing complete managerial and financial control and that LRH's quotes and policies are intended only for the benefit of LRH and the organization but not for the individual staff member or parishioner in actual application. These internal doctrine and policies only have influence over someone who still desires to maintain a status of good standing with the church but to the outside world they are gibberish. If the church doesn't respect them then they are gibberish everywhere.

Leland

Crusader

I read the letters. It was an interesting exercise from the perspective of someone who still believed in the teachings of Scientology but he was essentially told to "Go pound sand".

A lot of us have independently arrived at the conclusion that the organization was always designed as a dictatorship to insulate LRH or the person in charge from culpability while still providing complete managerial and financial control and that LRH's quotes and policies are intended only for the benefit of LRH and the organization but not for the individual staff member or parishioner in actual application. These internal doctrine and policies only have influence over someone who still desires to maintain a status of good standing with the church but to the outside world they are gibberish. If the church doesn't respect them then they are gibberish everywhere.

Essentially, IMO, if there is no one on Post....at these higher levels....that one can send a communication to.....then the Cult really is "not there....."

Huh!? 'Scuse me? I'm not as acquainted with the Co$'s history as a lot of folks here, but...wasn't DM getting "telepathic" instructions from LRH after LRH "dropped his body?"

snip
So isn't "communicating with the dead" the foundation of all the changes in Tech since 1986? more snip
Red= He got LRH advises - which were in writing on paper before he croaked, and nothing after - it was Captain Bill Robertson that allegedly was in telepathic communication with Hubbard after he died.

Blue = As Karen and anybody on OT 5/6/7 knows, the BT's are so far unconscious, that they are considered dead. The OT5 and OT6 /7 levels wake them up so they can be run.. Hence - all PC's or Pre OTs (as they are more properly called) on those 3 levels, are in daily communication with the dead - dead thetans attached to or in the person's body.

Pouw was just being catty. It's not like some séance or something from the movies....

PS - Jackson's communications will never reach anyone in good standing who could do anything about it. Because he's a true believer, he doesn't understand the nature of the mind control Hubbard set in motion, that creates a self policing zealot.

Mimsey

[video=youtube;QUYKSWQmkrg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUYKSWQmkrg[/video]

Last edited:

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
I thought I would upload some of James Jackson's quals that were included in the Tampa Bay Times article.

attachment.php

attachment.php

It is Scientology's own words that come back to haunt them and hang them.

"OT VIII" was touted as handling "whole track amnesia"

It sounded provocative. True question from salesperson "Reg" "Don't you *Want* to clearly remember what you had for breakfast in AD 11 October 15th ?" Buy OT VIII ! Get back whole track memory !"

So Jim Jackson does all levels to OT VIII and now Karin Pouw Church Spokesman tells Joe Childs of Tampa Bay Times he has :::::::

::::::::drum ROLL:::::::

Alzheimers !!!!! (no memory or what happened maybe 1/2 hour earlier)

Last edited:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

Essentially, IMO, if there is no one on Post....at these higher levels....that one can send a communication to.....then the Cult really is "not there....."

We can probably assume that even if someone was in one of these Trustee or Director positions that it is just as a legal placeholder without real authority but someone has to be able to sign contracts and financial transfers other than DM. Some of these accounts are offshore and the church probably wants to make it difficult to map out. If they divulge who the signatories and gatekeepers are then they start plotting the fund routs, authority and end use which can lead back to DM. Jackson's letters are requesting a big secret. The IRS tried to figure all of this out in 93 leading up to the tax exempt status decision. Maybe they had enough grasp of it at that moment in time to approve the tax exemption but the way it is constituted may have become non-conforming since. If I were the church and this information wasn't available in the public record then I would stonewall it also. These letters are just correspondence with no litigation, court order or legal clout as far as I can tell. The moment the first letter was sent it constituted a legal threat and the church could unilaterally and instantly determine that Jackson was no longer in good standing. From that point any notion that he was a parishioner and not an SP was probably just his own.

These were basically Knowledge Reports. Knowledge Reports exist to enable the church to identify and handle problems - NOT for someone else to identify and handle the church as a problem. LRH was "Source" infallible. There was no writing Knowledge Reports on LRH. You might as well write up God. Jackson is writing up the guy now sitting in that chair. It is an interesting academic exercise but it was never going anywhere.

Gib

Crusader

We can probably assume that even if someone was in one of these Trustee or Director positions that it is just as a legal placeholder without real authority but someone has to be able to sign contracts and financial transfers other than DM. Some of these accounts are offshore and the church probably wants to make it difficult to map out. If they divulge who the signatories and gatekeepers are then they start plotting the fund routs, authority and end use which can lead back to DM. Jackson's letters are requesting a big secret. The IRS tried to figure all of this out in 93 leading up to the tax exempt status decision. Maybe they had enough grasp of it at that moment in time to approve the tax exemption but the way it is constituted may have become non-conforming since. If I were the church and this information wasn't available in the public record then I would stonewall it also. These letters are just correspondence with no litigation, court order or legal clout as far as I can tell. The moment the first letter was sent it constituted a legal threat and the church could unilaterally and instantly determine that Jackson was no longer in good standing. From that point any notion that he was a parishioner and not an SP was probably just his own.

These were basically Knowledge Reports. Knowledge Reports exist to enable the church to identify and handle problems - NOT for someone else to identify and handle the church as a problem. LRH was "Source" infallible. There was no writing Knowledge Reports on LRH. You might as well write up God. Jackson is writing up the guy now sitting in that chair. It is an interesting academic exercise but it was never going anywhere.

not true, I already know it is having an effect. Somebody I know read the story and said WTF. What Jackson wrote will reach the still in's. :thumbsup:

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie
Another nail.... every nail counts.

Even the "See NO Evil", "Hear NO Evil", "Speak NO Evil" sciobots will see a little, hear a little & maybe speak a little evil about this article.

Even if one more little monkey climbs out of the forest the world will be a better place.

Keep up the good work....

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

not true, I already know it is having an effect. Somebody I know read the story and said WTF. What Jackson wrote will reach the still in's. :thumbsup:

Yes, I agree that it would have an impact and great value for individuals in the same way that a forum or internet posting would. It does chronicle the problem well with an emphasis on the Trustees and Directors as being a technically possible solution and like Debbie Cook he tried to remain neutral which would appeal to the still-ins.

I meant that as far as getting any actual cooperation from the church, it wasn't going anywhere. I think the church was designed this way from the beginning and it is too entrenched to change.

OutToe83

Patron with Honors
Red= He got LRH advises - which were in writing on paper before he croaked, and nothing after - it was Captain Bill Robertson that allegedly was in telepathic communication with Hubbard after he died.

Blue = As Karen and anybody on OT 5/6/7 knows, the BT's are so far unconscious, that they are considered dead. The OT5 and OT6 /7 levels wake them up so they can be run.. Hence - all PC's or Pre OTs (as they are more properly called) on those 3 levels, are in daily communication with the dead - dead thetans attached to or in the person's body.

Pouw was just being catty. It's not like some séance or something from the movies....

PS - Jackson's communications will never reach anyone in good standing who could do anything about it. Because he's a true believer, he doesn't understand the nature of the mind control Hubbard set in motion, that creates a self policing zealot.

Mimsey

[video=youtube;QUYKSWQmkrg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUYKSWQmkrg[/video]

Thanks for clearing that up for me, Mimsey.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser

I think the Debbie email refutes your theory. More than in years past, the paying public does get on net, does watch TV, & damn sure questions how good people they knew for decades became SP overnight.

Yes, the cult does all it can to cover the eyes & plug the ears of their remaining loyal followers, BUT, in the process is smothering them at the same time.

We see more people who say " I read something " or I saw something " and it has started to shake their belief system.

All that is being done to expose scientology for what it is helps ! Please encourage people to continue exposing the cult !

Gib

Crusader

Yes, I agree that it would have an impact and great value for individuals in the same way that a forum or internet posting would. It does chronicle the problem well with an emphasis on the Trustees and Directors as being a technically possible solution and like Debbie Cook he tried to remain neutral which would appeal to the still-ins.

I meant that as far as getting any actual cooperation from the church, it wasn't going anywhere. I think the church was designed this way from the beginning and it is too entrenched to change.

ok, I understand. I'd agree the the so called church won't reform. And I hope they don't. As Gizmo notes, as more peeps research and start to do a proper due diligence, and especially when they read stories,of folks who have been in a long time get declared, and some they know, why they go WTF to themselves. Eventually they figure it out and leave, in the meanwhile the "church" applies it's policies, yay! LOL

The sheeple who were once convinced, and can provide the sheeple effect of getting out, the more stories the better.

Once somebody who has done the OT levels, stumbles upon the OT level process's available on the internet for the first time, and can verify it, since the person did the level, why that is a perfect WTF, and realize RTC is not keeping the confidential materials confidential. And hopefully thru further research connect those dots.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

ok, I understand. I'd agree the the so called church won't reform. And I hope they don't. As Gizmo notes, as more peeps research and start to do a proper due diligence, and especially when they read stories,of folks who have been in a long time get declared, and some they know, why they go WTF to themselves. Eventually they figure it out and leave, in the meanwhile the "church" applies it's policies, yay! LOL

The sheeple who were once convinced, and can provide the sheeple effect of getting out, the more stories the better.

Once somebody who has done the OT levels, stumbles upon the OT level process's available on the internet for the first time, and can verify it, since the person did the level, why that is a perfect WTF, and realize RTC is not keeping the confidential materials confidential. And hopefully thru further research connect those dots.

Unless someone thinks these letters are going to result in a Lutheran style uprising from still-ins who firmly believe in the awesomeness of LRH and his teachings and that DM will be deposed - then I don't think we have any real disagreements. Jackson didn't get any joy from the church for several years before going BPI with the Debbie Cook strategy out of recognition of its futility. This does have all the benefit of Debbie's analysis, observation and credibility to prick some people's bubble. Debbie put their brutality on display and Jackson demonstrates the church's disregard for a parishioner's reasoned demand for information that should be readily available to any member of any reputable organization.

I would point out that a typical routing on an internal church correspondence going between INT and INT special projects and lower strata is indecipherable to anyone who isn't intimately familiar with those immediate lines. It is a list of cryptic abbreviations for posts and entities with equally illegible initials next to them. Plus these post designations and the people in them are constantly changing. Yet we expect to know the titles and names of all the Trustees and Directors? This is so purposeful. LRH wanted this vague amorphous complexity insulating him from everything and any true believer supports this concept as a fabian tactic to protect upper management from all the evil conspiracies. It wouldn't surprise me if 9 out of 10 Sea Org members could not name the post routings and people between them and DM.

I was just working on some separate tax stuff today and read where the IRS annually requires reporting the names of Trustees and Directors who have control over foreign bank accounts. I don't think that is public information but we can probably assume that there are people in place to satisfy the minimum IRS requirements on paper even though we don't know who they are.

Victoria

Patron Meritorious
Asset seizure seems to be all the rage with the U.S. Government.
This pig is plenty fat to slaughter, and my prediction for what it's worth, is that will be what takes it down in the end.
There are just too many goodies to be had.

But which administration will manage it?
Nothing much ever gets accomplished with this ridiculous four year dog and pony show called the election cycle.