What's new

Newspeak: Disconnection

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Excellent article from Mike Rinder. It helps understand why scientologists say they are not disconnecting when of course they are. The things they tell themselves to make it ok.

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/newspeak-disconnection/

Scientologists still inside the bubble – and especially Sea Org members — are sure they are not disconnecting. They are NOT the cause point of the breaking up of the family. The people they are disconnecting from have ‘abandoned’ them because of their overts. The offender merely has to do steps A to E and all will be well. That the SP will NOT do this is “proof” of how little he or she loves their family. In the bubble-dwellers mind, recanting and doing A-E is a small sacrifice to make to “keep the family together.”

It is a completely warped view. “Disconnection is Love” or perhaps “Escape is Prison” or most accurately “Me Disconnecting is You Abandoning.”

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Reminds me of an extremely long term friend who said - with certainty - " If you are on the SP list we'll never be speaking again "!

Or, as I told another extremely long term friend " I know you'll have to disconnect from me to keep doing your bridge. It's OK. I understand " Friend cried a lot.

Within a year friend left the cult saying " You support me in my choices whatever they are & my goup only supports me agreeing with them. I'm done with 'em "

One person at a time, more & more people are choosing freedom for all.