What's new

Nibs Tells Us the MO of Ron, SR.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Jesus tapdancing Christ you guys! Can't you give it a rest????

How many threads do I have to clean up because of this bloody bickering?

Do you want every thread on ESMB tinged with this crap?

Fuck.

jenni with an eye

Silver Meritorious Patron

Fuck.

I'm with you on this Emma, it is getting tedious....
Yawn.gif

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
L Ron Hubbard Cocaine and Heroin Importer 1952

..and theres a kilo of Cocaine there and it just leaped of its own accord into his pocket.

L Ron Hubbard accused Cocaine and Heroin Importer 1952

ABC 20/20

Tv Reporter "Profits of the best seller [Dianetics] went not to religion said his son, but to the importing of drugs."

LRH Jr "He [Ron Hubbard Sr] furnished the drugs and i went around...i went along for it and [muffled] the money and through Mafia friends of his imported Cocaine and Heroin through Columbia"

Tv Interviewer "People were giving you money to get happiness , religion from learning and you were going to mexico and columbia with your father to buy drugs, heroin and Cocaine"

LRH Jr "Yeah ,correct".

You tube title-Son of L. Ron Hubbard Outs His Father as Fraud part 1

Morning Break 1983 TV interview
Carol Randolf
L Ron Hubbard Jr

"In 1972 you allege in court papers that your father lived a life characterized by severe mental illness and physical disease, consistent failure and the use of false and fraudulent often time criminal means, to cover up these failures , to acquire wealth fame and power in order to destroy his perceived enemies, what made you draw those conclusions, what did you see that led to that?"

LRH Jr "Because I lived it, um, ninety nine percent of what my father wrote or said about himself is totally untrue..ah..and millions of people have taken this false data over a period of 30 odd some years and relied upon it and built a set of beliefs and built an organization and uh basically those allegations were true because up to 1959 i was deeply involved in all of it."

CR "What did you see specifically, give me an example, when you say criminal means , like for example what did you see?"

LRH Jr "Fraud and Deception , the involvement in the early days Phoenix , Arizona for example 1952, the involvement with organized crime..the ah.."

CR "Organized crime in what capacity"

LRH Jr "the use of scientology money his own money to finance uh drug importations into the country from Mexico and Columbia..".

CR "you saw these things"

LRH Jr "Yes, I was involved with several of the incidents"

CR "you recorded any of this, do you have papers to prove any of these allegations, could you walk into a court and prove any of these allegations"

LRH Jr "I didnt think for years that i could, most of i thought was buried, but now that i have been speaking out, there has been evidence being brought forward proving those allegations."

you tube- Ron Hubbard Jr.: Scientology has always been a Business 1/3

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
A Gal from the Beginning said:
So LRH used drugs. He did not enjoy Marijuana. He said it gave him bad breath. Although once when he was on a pot high with a certain stand-up Comedian from the Playboy Club, he got the idea of "being out of your head".
He preferred chemicals. All kinds, mixed up together. That includes prescription meds. [I don't know their names. Tuinal might be one, or it could have been 2-in-all. Either way, it was Cocaine and Heroin mixed together.Cocaine was in use.
Peyote. Lsd. Mr Hubbard preferred Amphetamines, such as Dexedrine and Benzedrine.
I suggest that you read "Nibs" ( L Ron, Jr.) story of his Father's drug use. He was the closest to it. Also reports by others on the substances that Hub kept
in his quarters.
chlng http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?9882-The-beginning/page10

A guy from the beginning said:
Meanwhile, in Wichita, Hubbard made two million dollars, and spent three million. He had purchased, not one, not two, but three formula 1 cars, and was tuning them up for racing; (he was going to enter the races himself, but Purcell talked him out of that, on the basis that he was too important to Dianetics to risk his life thus)He also devised the "Scientists of the World" scheme, about which I know little; Purcell never gave me any details, but merely said that it was a barefaced con, and it cost him a LOT of money to keep Hubbard out of jail.

Anyway, Hubbard disappeared from Wichita and resurfaced in Phoenix.

http://www.lermanet.com/cisar/carto/rxxx.htm

1950 HCOB VOL 1 said:
pg 214 SUPPLEMENT NO. 4 to SCIENCE OF SURVIVAL February___?, 1952 from The Hubbard Dianetic Foundation, Inc. Wichita, Kansas Effort Processing. (Last Dianetic Article published through Wichita Foundation with Hubbard associated)

pg 218 On 12 February 1952
L. Ron Hubbard FOUNDED THE HUBBARD COLLEGE in Wichita Kansas.-(at his house?)

NIBS RECALLS BEING LOADED WITH SPEED INCIDENTS ON THE WHOLE TRACK ,BEING A CLAM.around LATE 51- EARLY FEB (History of Man-What to Audit-Technique 80-88) Mary Sue too? see below Ron Sr says MSH helped.*

HUBBARD COLLEGE LECTURES (HCL) Wichita, Kansas 18—25 February 1952
During February he delivered the following lectures to professional auditing course students:* 5202C18A
18 Feb 1952 :clap:LECTURE Code of Honor:clap:

22ND FEBRUARY 1952- DON PURCELL DECLARES BANKRUPTCY-

25th February 1952 SCIENTOLOGY IS CRANKING AT THE NEW ENTERPRISE "HUBBARD COLLEGE"

25th February 1952 Review of Progress of Dianetics and Dianetics Business.** 5202C25A HPC-1 (HPC= Hubbard Professional Course-D Folgere-R deMille Pro Course booklets 1-50) -Wichita

25th February 1952 Summary of Aberrative Incidents (before time begins,
fac 1, helper, 300-400 base, motivator for violence,
** 5202C25B HPC-2, HPC-3 Wichita

3rd March 1952 Introduction to Scientology: Milestone One ** 5203C03 HCL-1

pG 220 15 April 1952 LRH TAPE LECTURES Phoenix, Arizona 15 April—6 May 1952 *5204C15A LECTURE Phoenix Talk about Wichita and Purcell

10 March 1952 History of Man Series 1: Organization of Data—Series 11: Main Theta Line & Sub-Theta Line (description) ** 5203C10A HCL-19 Wichita?

*A History of Man, originally titled What to Audit, is dedicated to Mary Sue Hubbard who "helped Ron do the research at Wichita" in late 1951, and at Phoenix in 1952. HOM Published July 1952

Don Purcell-Foundation Story said:
"Finally I arrived at the conclusion that we just had to adjust our spending to our income. My available cash surplus was about gone. After informing Ron of this fact, things were not the same between us. He apparently did not believe there was an end to my cash and that I was just plowing his schemes under by refusing to finance them....

That night Ron called a meeting of the Board of Directors.
At this meeting he suggested that he be allowed to turn in all his stock to the Foundation and resign. In this way he could preserve Dianetics regardless of what happened to the Foundation. “I’ll take Dianetics out under the label of Scientology” said he, “:while you stay here and let them blunt their arrows on this old hulk.” He further suggested and agreement between us concerning the future relationship of myself with him and of the Foundation with Hubbard College.(FOUNDED 12th Feb 1952

....With this filing of the bankruptcy Ron began to show his real intent regarding me, the Foundation and Dianetics. The same day that the action was filed, february 22, 1952...
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?23883-The-Don-Purcell-seizing-Dianetics-lie

Does anyone know the date between Feb & April 1952 that Hubbard took off from Wichita to Phoenix?

Im trying to find any other info on L Ron Hubbard Sr alleged importation of Narcotics, Heroin and Cocaine 1952 Phoenix (or consuming illegal drugs like Cocaine or Heroin.

Prior to & after the bankruptcy(22 feb 1952) with Purcell in Wichita, due to Ron driving the foundations into deep insolvency. Hubbard needed money, he had cashed a $9,000 check without authority and without permission taken a car belonging to Purcell,(James Elliot was arrested in Phoenix on Larceny-Ron settled in Bankruptcy court 18-19 Dec 1952 after Marshalls raid a lecture in Philadelphia-PDCs) LRH needed money, late 51- feb 52 , Nibs talks about shoe boxes stuffed with money (Hubbard Sr was supposed to be broke) ,constantly moving around the country.

any info is appreciated.

Last edited:

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ron Dewolf's testimony in the 82 clearwater commission hearings starts HERE

http://www.lermanet.com/82cwcommission/2-001-020.htm

Good reading about the same times, all he says in 82 is early 52..

And this nugget:

MR. LeCHER: Yes. What was the reason for convert-
16 ing Dianetics to something else, to a religion?
17 MR. DeWOLFE: Well, first of all, he couldn't use
18 Dianetics anymore. He had sold the rights to Don G.
19 Purcell in Wichita, Kansas, and he couldn't use Dianetics.
20 He couldn't use the techniques, he couldn't -- he sold
21 the copyrights to the books. And he had 'fled out from
22 Wichita'with all of the monies of the Wichita foundation.
23 But he couldn't, as I said, use it.
24 By the way, Scientology - the word "Scientology"

2-14

1 is not original to my father; my father told me. And it
2 is that it comes from the German "scientologie" - and if
3 you ask me how to spell that, I don't know in German.

The "Clam" incident is due to Nib's eating bennies (Speed) so he could drive from Wichita to Phoenix...which often makes one's jaw ache from gritting teeth... when he arrived Hubbard audited him...

7 involved -- he asked me to sit down on the couch, and I
8 was high on Benzedrine, Bennies. And we started doing,
9 quote, "research" on a book called History of Man.

and we have the Clam incident in History of Man...snap, snap..

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
As time goes on and each of us ( well, most of us anyway ) move more distance of the "church" and find out ( maybe become willing to face?) more and more about LRH.... it ain't pretty.

For awhile it bothered me that the people early on who saw the con din't warn others. And then I realize people like Paulette Cooper who tried were made an example of - and who knows how many were ruined or killed and that just hasn't come to light yet?

Maybe it is true the internet will be the death of the " church ".

That would be nice. The ceasation of the SO and swindle of the public. The end of the wasting of lives and fortunes that has happened.

bts2free

Patron with Honors
Yep, it's the gems and nuggets about Hubbard being provided in this thread, along with Hubbard's Affirmations that got me to leave Scientology for good - baby, bathwater and all. I'm not sorry to those who don't agree. But anyone currently now "out" of Scientology who continue to rewrite, hide or whitewash the facts about Hubbard's life to me has an agenda that goes right along with the purpose of CoS's PR machine. Luckily, like Auditor's Toad said above, the internet is the death of the Cult. The internet isn't going anywhere any time soon.

Challenge

Fuck.

My dear Emma,
I sincerely apologize for my part in this orchestrated drama.

I think that I have learned not to rise to the bait again.

I am sorely afraid that you will 'grudge match' this thread, and the reference to Nib's Penthouse mag will be gone.

If so, then I will find myself in the role of "doing OSA's work" by my inadvertantly de-railing an important bit of info from those who haven't seen it.

If you see fit to 'grudge match' the thread, please please just cut out the part that I caused to occur.

When a person says a thing on a thread, I thought that it meant that that thing was now open for discussion. Or clarification. I see that I was wrong. It is an invitation to yet another arguement.

I'll keep my mouth shut in future.

sigh.

TIA

Challenge

guanoloco

As-Wased
MR. LeCHER: Yes. What was the reason for converting Dianetics to something else, to a religion?

MR. DeWOLFE: Well, first of all, he couldn't use Dianetics anymore. He had sold the rights to Don G. Purcell in Wichita, Kansas, and he couldn't use Dianetics. He couldn't use the techniques, he couldn't -- he sold the copyrights to the books. And he had fled out from Wichita with all of the monies of the Wichita foundation. But he couldn't, as I said, use it. By the way, Scientology - the word "Scientology" is not original to my father; my father told me. And it is that it comes from the German "scientologie" - and if you ask me how to spell that, I don't know in German.

WOW! Great job Lermanet and Jachss99! The above part - what year was this deposed or whatever you call it?

This is the very first time that I've seen something semi-concrete in this suggestion. Prior to this I thought it was wishful thinking on detractors but now...WOW!

I have to eat crow - I really thought it was a long shot that Hub even knew about the Scientologie Nordenholz stuff. (I don't know...maybe Scientologie is a more common word in German?)

Now it seems that Nibs stated this and the FZ crowd or whoever went out and found the Nordenholz material!

Amazing...looks like it was 1982 when the deposition or whatever was done...anybody know when the Nordenholz Scientologie first started being circulated as a possible link to the Scientology we all know and love?

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ron Dewolf's testimony in the 82 clearwater commission hearings starts HERE

Good reading about the same times, all he says in 82 is early 52..

And this nugget:

The "Clam" incident is due to Nib's eating bennies (Speed) so he could drive from Wichita to Phoenix...which often makes one's jaw ache from gritting teeth... when he arrived Hubbard audited him...

and we have the Clam incident in History of Man...snap, snap..

Thanks Arnie, the deposition notes are very interesting, but

Did Nibs drive from Wichita or Burlington to Phoenix?

Hubbard was always calculating ahead to protect his crimes.

Nibs states that Hubbard did a few sessions on Mary Sue for the History of man, am I reading this right ?

L Ron Hubbard Jr said:
2-14
12 But throughout all of my early years, I had been
13 with him quite a bit off and on
15 But in early
16 1952 -- in early 1952, 1 went from Burlington, Washington,
17 drove down, and started living with my father on a con-
18 tinuous basis.
19 my very first connection -- my very first connec-
20 tion with Dianetics or Scientology, of course, was when
21 my father mentioned about the book, Dianetics, and about
22 the article in Astounding Science Fiction and then, of
23 course, the book. In 1950, 1 was living in Burlington,
24 Washington

NIBS SIXTEEN IN SEATTLE

2-15
2 My very first auditing was rather strange, because
3 he had arranged it through the Seattle Dianetic group
4 for me to commute from Burlington over there

20 time, I was sixteen, but I knew enough then to figure out
21 that that was very confusing.

NIBS EIGHTEEN PHOENIX

2-15
22 Then, I arrived in Phoenix, Arizona in early '52.
23 He [LRH Sr] had just arrived from Wichita with Mary Sue. And the
24 very first day -- the very first day I arrived, he wanted
2-16
1 me audited immediately. But I had been -driven all
2 night and I was eighteen years old.

6 So, after about a couple of weeks there, we got
7 involved -- he asked me to sit down on the couch, and I
8 was high on Benzedrine, Bennies. And we started doing,
9 quote, "research" on a book called History of Man. So,
10 we spent a couple, three days on that.

Benzedrine_inhaler_for_wiki_article.jpg

after 2 weeks of arrival in Phoenix he starts auditing the clam?

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks Arnie, the deposition notes are very interesting, but

Did Nibs drive from Wichita or Burlington to Phoenix?

Hubbard was always calculating ahead to protect his crimes.

Nibs states that Hubbard did a few sessions on Mary Sue for the History of man, am I reading this right ?

Benzedrine_inhaler_for_wiki_article.jpg

after 2 weeks of arrival in Phoenix he starts auditing the clam?

Re Mary sue, as I recall from my reading of the 1982 Clearwater Commission.
testimony, Yes...

Re Nibs coming from Burlington or Wichita... Nibs was bitching cause dad high tailed it out of town and left him there to move everything from Wichita.. I dont recall anything about Burlington

as i recall, Nibs was complaining that Ron wanted to audit him because of his taking speed for many days (Remember there were no interstates then, this was two lane, blacktop) as soon as he arrived in Pheonix... there may be another passage in his testimony..

Re Auditing the clam... I was being humorous... As the silly clam incident derived from Nib's aching jaws (from the amphetamine he was taking for days while driving) is the basis for the silly "Boo-hoo" incident in HOM, and is the cause of critics in the 90's referring to scientologists as "clams"... the clam story was just so silly... Wish someone would post that fair use section for amusement now that readers of this thread know "The rest of the story"

Re Scientologie... I believe the pub date of that was 1934 prewar germany. It includes 'gradations of awareness" and similar concepts... but there is, also, I believe the word Scientology in a 1908 book called "The New Word" which has three references to "scientology" but in THAT book it used as a word for PSEUDOSCIENCE!

1908-scientology.JPG

More info HERE

For ex's that recall hearing Hubbard tell a wild story during his lectures and then laughing.. did you ever wonder why he was laughing? Perhaps, sometimes, he was laughing AT us, -thinking "..They swallowed THAT one too?"

Perhaps all this will put the following (c)LRH WHOPPER into better perspective for readers:

""In 1938 I codified certain axioms and phenomena into what I called 'Scientology.'"
L Ron Hubbard in the old red vol. 1 page 3

regards
Arnie Lerma
Lermanet.com Exposing the CON
WE COME BACK for our friends and family to get them out before they end up here whyaretheydead.info

Last edited:

guanoloco

As-Wased
OK, Nordenholz wrote at least two books - anybody got links to English translations?

I've got one in German and always meant to get it translated at one of the local colleges but haven't done so yet.

They are no longer copyrighted so feel free to post links.

Boojuum

Great thread: ugly guy-Messiah-ugly guy

Someone ought to do an additional bio on LRH using recently unearthed items such as more of the 1982 Nibs deposition, Challenge's and Alan's recollections, etc., etc.

The importance of seeing/hearing/reading what was really going on in the early days is hard to underestimate. Most of the folks on ESMB didn't see LRH and like myself, have been redrawing his image for years.

Once an ugly guy with a picture on the wall--then a Messia--then an ugly guy with a picture on the wall.

I love details. The pot use, the amphetamine use, the bankruptcy of Dianetics, the Formula 1 cars, Nibs driving from Washington, Purcells' comments.

Great stuff. MOAR.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ron is always one syep ahead of being found out.

I find this interesting, Nibs is sixteen.

He gets audited under an assumed name

and auditors instructions to edit any memories of LRH.

I wonder if this is where Nibs remembers his dad doing an abortion with the coat hanger?

L Ron Hubbard Jr-Nibs said:
In 1950, 1 was living in Burlington,
24 Washington and he [LRH] arranged for my auditing, my very first

I auditing. 2-15
2 My very first auditing was rather strange, because
3 he had arranged it through the Seattle Dianetic group
4 for me to commute from Burlington over there. But he
5 told me that --

he told me two things:
one was that I had to be -- he wanted me audited,

and

7 I had to be audited under an assumed name.

8 He didn't want me to disclose who I was

And then he also told the auditors that he only wanted them to concentrate on my mother,

10 because he didn't want to -- he didn't want me to dis-
11 close anything about him

And I thought that was sort
12 of interesting.
13 1 kept that up for a couple of weeks. Then, I
14 got tired of not being able to tell anybody who I was.
15 And how can one be audited Dianetically or remember
16 incidents from the past when you had to completely edit
17 and delete anything concerning your father and concentrate
18 on your mother
and at the same time not disclose who
19 you were? It got to be and I wasn't very old at the
20 time, I was sixteen, but I knew enough then to figure out
21 that that was very confusing.

Challenge

o Goddess! I remember those Benzedrine inhalers. I was 'turned onto them' when I was 16 and in high school.

Some friends and I would meet at the drugstore near our school and we would open an inhaler, take out the blotter inside which was soaked with Benzedrine, and stuff it into an empty capsule. Taken without using the capsule, it tasted horrible.

As I got a few years older, Benzedrine had become available in little pink/
orange pills. Those pills were plentiful in Phoenix. I don't even know if they were prescription, or illegal, they were all around. Supposed to aid in auditing. lol.

At that time, there was quite a bit of talk and debate about Charles Darwin's
Theory of Evolution. It should come as no surprise that a youngster would come up with some embellishment of the evolution theory in a Dn session.

Apparently, that's what "nibs" did.

Challenge

No idea what MSH had to do with it.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
There was a question regarding the date that Hubbard left Wichita KS for Pheonix AZ... I found this newspaper article.. from 1951, Sara Northrup had hired a PI named Arthur Wermuth, who was the WWII "Hero of Bataan"...

The article date is April 15, 1951

"In the receivership petition the wife said Wermuth, who now is a marshal in the Wichita area, found that Hubbard "was hiding" in the Kansas City, "but that he probably would leave town upon being detected."
LINK

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
o Goddess! I remember those Benzedrine inhalers. I was 'turned onto them' when I was 16 and in high school.

Some friends and I would meet at the drugstore near our school and we would open an inhaler, take out the blotter inside which was soaked with Benzedrine, and stuff it into an empty capsule. Taken without using the capsule, it tasted horrible.

As I got a few years older, Benzedrine had become available in little pink/
orange pills. Those pills were plentiful in Phoenix. I don't even know if they were prescription, or illegal, they were all around. Supposed to aid in auditing. lol.

At that time, there was quite a bit of talk and debate about Charles Darwin's
Theory of Evolution. It should come as no surprise that a youngster would come up with some embellishment of the evolution theory in a Dn session.

Apparently, that's what "nibs" did.

Challenge

No idea what MSH had to do with it.

Thats classic , stuff your own empty capsules with powder.

Embellishment of Darwins theory is right on."Trumped" Dianetics this life application. He certainly turned it up.

When you used the Benzedrine , do you remember how long the effects lasted? How much you would use to get speeding, did it make your mind race, quicker thoughts, more perceptive ? or just laugh?

The "pink / orange" pills , were they two tone coloured.

Nibs has said he was high on 30 milligrams and he was a big lad at 220-240 pounds.

guanoloco

As-Wased
Great stuff here so I thought I would ask about this...

...anybody got references and dates on what Hubbard wrote about Dianetics right up to and after he lost the rights to it? And then maybe right after he gained them back?

Also, the same with the e-meter...what he wrote about them right up to getting them confiscated and then him denouncing them when he thought they were "gone"? And then what he had to say after the e-meters were released back to Scientology's use?

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
There was a question regarding the date that Hubbard left Wichita KS for Pheonix AZ... I found this newspaper article.. from 1951, Sara Northrup had hired a PI named Arthur Wermuth, who was the WWII "Hero of Bataan"...

The article date is April 15, 1951

LINK

Thanks for the Article , something confusing about it, its dated April 15, 1951 and then says last April 25th? sure the article isnt May 15th 1951

Los Angeles Daily News April 15 said:
last April 24th (1950 ?) Mrs. Hubbard filed her divorce suit, charging her husband had fled the city with the couple's daughter, Alexis, 14 months[age], after first snatching her, the wife, from her apartment and taking her on a frantic ride to Arizona under threats he would kill her.

Mrs. Hubbard said two weeks later she received a letter from the Dianetics king saying he had their child with him in Cuba.

Wikipedia said:
She gave birth on March 8, 1950 to a daughter, Alexis Valerie
Hubbard attempted to patch up the marriage in January 1951 by inviting Sara and baby Alexis to Palm Springs, California where he had rented a house...Three weeks later, Hubbard abducted both Sara and Alexis with the aid of two of his Dianetics Foundation staff.

In the early hours of February 25[1951], Sara was bundled into the back of a car and driven to San Bernardino, California, where Hubbard attempted to find a doctor to examine his wife and declare her insane. His search was unsuccessful and he released her at Yuma Airport across the state line in Arizona.

He promised that he would tell her where Alexis was if she signed a piece of paper saying that she had gone with him voluntarily. Sara agreed but Hubbard instead flew to Chicago, where he found a psychologist who wrote a favorable report about his mental condition to refute Sara's accusations

Sara filed for divorce on April 23[1951], charging Hubbard with causing her "extreme cruelty, great mental anguish and physical suffering"

In May 1951, Sara filed a further complaint against Hubbard, accusing him of having fled to Cuba to evade the divorce papers that she was seeking to serve. By that time, however, he had moved to Wichita, Kansas.

Richard deMille transcript- we go uppity up up up we go down ditty down down said:
We finally ended up in Yuma, Arizona in the morning having driven all night and they came to some kind of agreement, I don't know exactly what.

He put Sara on a plane and she flew back to LA, or he gave her the car, I don't remember which.

We got in a little aeroplane and flew to Phoenix and then flew to Chicago, where Ron proceeded to be interviewed by a psychiatrist and psychologist

We got in a plane at O'Hare [Chicago] and flew to one of the most unattractive places in the world, which is Elizabeth, NJ,

Then Hubbard said he had to get away and write his book, the second book, which was called Science of Survival.

He said, "Well, Dick, we're going to Florida, where the weather is nice." It was snowing in Elizabeth

We went to Tampa, Florida, Hubbard was very edgy. He had a loaded .45 calibre service automatic. I went and knocked on his door and he opened the door with the gun.

This was in a hotel in Tampa. He said, "I don't like the way things feel around here. I want to go where I can breathe free. We're going to Havana.

We knew that Sara didn't like us taking the baby. The only publicity was the article in the LA Times when we were in Cuba

Purcell sent a plane for him.

I think Sara came to Wichita to get the baby and they made a deal.

When I got back to Wichita Ron was living with his housekeeper, who'd already made designs on him, but she didn't last. He enjoyed women, liked to have a woman to go to bed with and if the woman got pregnant you just had to handle that.

Don Purcell said:
The Foundation arrived in Wichita on April 13, 1951...Ron was still in Havana, Cuba, finishing Science of Survival. With him was Richard deMille...

I chartered a private airplane, hired a registered nurse, and sent them to Havana for Ron. They returned to Wichita on May 15, 1951...

He spent the first few days in a local hotel with me and then moved to my home. He was given good “present time” environment and auditing from then until the time of the first June Conference.

Barbara Kaye said:
After he took Alexis ...

I knew Miles [Hollister] very well, it was really surprising to me when he later took up with Sara.

I lost track of Ron when everything went into a shambles and there was this bad publicity in newspaper about Alexis when he took off. He had gone home and found Miles in bed with his wife[Sara] and that's when he took Alexis; he thought he was perfectly justified to do this. He said they were going to try and put him into a mental institution, he was afraid they were going to commit him.

When he took off I only knew what I read in the newspaper. The next time I heard from him was Wichita when he was living with this oil baron [Don Purcell]. He started writing me and wanted me to come there. I went there and he was like Howard Hughes' last days, really in a bad depression. His fingernails were long and curved, his hair was stringy. He met at the hotel and was in such bad shape, he was trembling, like someone who should be in a mental institution. I knew then... he wanted me to marry him, he'd bought me a ring but I knew then he was such a deeply disturbed man it could never be and I left